Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My father's 2013 Honda Civic VTI oriel prosmatec with navigation

Hi there,
    We just got our Alabaster Silver Civic VTI oriel P/T delivered.

Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats 100% right. Alloys needs to be changed to 7x7J as well for wider tires. But wider tires are must for people normally driving high speeds on busy roads. When changing lanes frequently you will feel more stability.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you guys. So the road and dew is to blame. And of course my stupidity too :p
    I am normally a safe driver but that night there was a medical emergency and despite fazalwahabs continuous useful advice, I subconsciously became a wagon driver high on cheap drugs and was driving fast. I will now take care and be careful - especially on that section.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get bigger rims and tires. Also, this turn is very slippery.. Just be careful next time. This is not the most stable-est of civics.
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    so far, we've done around 10,000 kms. the car's going good. alot of people ask me whether they should buy this or an equally priced second hand c class. I advise them that the honda civic, although more expensive is more suited to our driving conditions and has relatively cheap parts, etc. some listen, some don't. those who don't, buy a c class and show it off - until shahnawaz hands them the bill of a routine tuning and checkup :p
    after which they try to sell their beloved cars for a civic

fellow pakwheelers, i know that the c class is better in all aspects than the honda. however you should also consider maintenance costs. as repeatedly mentioned in other threads, owning a merc is pretty heavy on the pocket. no doubt your c class has more bhp and torque, better suspension, better everything than the PKDM civic, but you should also consider the costs of maintaining your "better" car as well. however, if you're not poor like me, then go ahead. buy a c class, 3 series, audi. their drive is definitely better than the poor mans "PKDM CIVIC"
    The solution is simple. just never go to shahnawaz. There are other places known to most mercedez owners where one can get the job done. the shahnawaz people really loot you. i have heard crazy stories from mercedez owners. let me share one.. there was a problem in someone's left rear light and it would go blank and shahnawaz asked for around 10k or more (don't remember) and so owner ignored and didn't get the job done. one day he asked some mechanic about it and they did it for free with the explanation that some times some dust settles there and causes the light to go off. imagine that... if at all only go to shahnawaz for tuning unless you know some other place with similar computers.... other jobs, never go there....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal.toru View Post
    The solution is simple. just never go to shahnawaz. There are other places known to most mercedez owners where one can get the job done. the shahnawaz people really loot you. i have heard crazy stories from mercedez owners. let me share one.. there was a problem in someone's left rear light and it would go blank and shahnawaz asked for around 10k or more (don't remember) and so owner ignored and didn't get the job done. one day he asked some mechanic about it and they did it for free with the explanation that some times some dust settles there and causes the light to go off. imagine that... if at all only go to shahnawaz for tuning unless you know some other place with similar computers.... other jobs, never go there....
    In mercedes dust settle in rear light and cause go blank ......strange . Even my liana is now 7 years old never got any I mean any light got blank or fuse ...neither dusty
    vtec roxx!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in my experience, 225/45r17x7.5j gives the best road grip .. some might argue its big but ive used this combination on lahore roads for over a year and the grip and cornering was as good as it could be in this 9th gen .. of course, reborn owners would still have a better overall grip than this model due to its lower ground clearance ..
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Omar How much km done your Civic?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@omar_575

Hope you are doing well and enjoying your Civic, as you are running ahead in km of mine who just covered 18,000 km i would like to ask few questions:

1. on how much km you replaced your car's break pads (front and rear)?

2. on how much km you replaced your cabin filter?

any other 9th gen civic owner can reply and oblige

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you under-steered there. Be careful bro.
    The men are back. @TGT.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drzac View Post
    in my experience, 225/45r17x7.5j gives the best road grip .. some might argue its big but ive used this combination on lahore roads for over a year and the grip and cornering was as good as it could be in this 9th gen .. of course, reborn owners would still have a better overall grip than this model due to its lower ground clearance ..
    But thats too wide imo. Must have put a considerable strain on suspension and hit on consumption!
    im sure looks would be bad a$$ though

Ragar dia!
    What goes around, comes around.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bilalicious View Post
    But thats too wide imo. Must have put a considerable strain on suspension and hit on consumption!
    im sure looks would be bad a$$ though

Ragar dia!
    Civic in most of international markets do offer 17s in stock trims so I highly doubt a significant strain on suspension, or at least not something it can't handle. And for consumption overall difference not more than 0.5 kmpl ... cheers
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drzac View Post
    Civic in most of international markets do offer 17s in stock trims so I highly doubt a significant strain on suspension, or at least not something it can't handle. And for consumption overall difference not more than 0.5 kmpl ... cheers
    May be the suspension is also customised as per the appropriate rim size?

What goes around, comes around!
    What goes around, comes around.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal.toru View Post
    i beg to differ, as a mercedes owner which come's in the same civic price class, have no issue with shahnawaz and have visited their twice and also to INH in so far the 6 months i have owned the car, the 10k that they were asking your friends is for Mercedes Star diagnosis (SDS) not for changing or fixing headlight, the SDS tells you exactly which light and which bulb is culprit and also whether its a bulb fault or wire fault without opening anything, it maybe that the mechanic figured it out it was loose connections but if it was not the case then you would have had a error and malfunction on the dashboard that wouldn't go away,shahnawaz are the only ones who have a fully upto date star system.

anyways although i wont goto shahanwaz for everything they are not bad and for work relating to engine or fluids shahnawaz is my 1st choice, for work related to suspension and elelctrical issues i prefer INH

oh and the part of charging 1 lac for tuning is also absurd as Mercedes requires no tuning, just spark plugs theres nothing to do in tuning, what shahanawaz does is give you what mercedes calls a B service in their manual, as indicated in your dashboard which included brake fluid fuel filter and pump in most cases, and ATF.

local mechanics would never do that, INH does it though if you ask for it.

the point is if someone with zero knowledge but a proud owner of a mercedes benz walks into shahnawaz, gives them the keys and sits in their lounge drinking coffee telling them tuning kardo he will definitely get a huge bill or made a fool out of because shahanwaz has this bad policy of treating their customers who bought grey imports or bought not from them as lowly unless you make your presence and knowledge aware. and if your car already has a computer malfunction and you goto them they will first make sure you sign a undertaking and will first remove and fix that malfunction before doing anything else even if its not even related or will refuse to accept and service that car.

so i think its a misstatement that never goto shahanwaz or they loot you. yes they can make a fool out of you in cost only if you let them, their actual work in as far as i have seen is on par with foreign mercedes services at least in uk.

this should hopefully clear any misconceptions at least about owning a mercedes and servicing in this particular regard.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RL589 View Post
    my tour to lahore, first time on motorway , with very good fuel economy approx 15 km/l

the best thing i love abt this car is rpm is very low even on high speeds like on 150 rpm in only on 3
    dear bro kia manual transmission k sath be 5th gear mai same speed at this rpm ?????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ no on manual rpm is at 3.2k at 120 dont know about 150kmh
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The civic has done 46,000 km

got it tuned from honda city sales, kalma chowk today and decided to get its tyres replaced - the ride has become slightly hard

currently i have yokohama advan DB v550 205/65 R15 (manufactured in 2011)

I spoke to the mechanics at honda for advice and they said that the tyres should be manufactured in 2014/5 and should not be rotational - where should I get these tyres from Lahore?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Doc. Did the new car in uk case get to any conlusion?
    Honda Civic Fb
    Honda city 1.3 PT (5th Gen)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we have had the civic for almost 2 years now and we are extremely satisfied by it.

got the plastic lamination on the door replaced for free from Honda City Sales kalma chowk because the paint was coming off. They have replaced them with more durable pieces.

The car is driven to Islamabad and Bhurban regularly and our family of 4 finds the ride very comfortable.

In my opinion, this is a very reasonable family car and we don't need a C class, A4 or 3 series.

So when this car is due for an upgrade, we will definitely opt for a civic again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    The civic has done 46,000 km

got it tuned from honda city sales, kalma chowk today and decided to get its tyres replaced - the ride has become slightly hard

currently i have yokohama advan DB v550 205/65 R15 (manufactured in 2011)

I spoke to the mechanics at honda for advice and they said that the tyres should be manufactured in 2014/5 and should not be rotational - where should I get these tyres from Lahore?
    btw what reason did they give that tires should not be rotational? and why settle on 2014 manufacturing when you can get 2015 manufacturing in the market now, i recommend 205/65 r15 continental cc5 btw in 2015 manfucaturing, using the same in my altis, or you can get pirelli p1 cinturato verde in stock size also 2015 manufactured.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    btw what reason did they give that tires should not be rotational? and why settle on 2014 manufacturing when you can get 2015 manufacturing in the market now, i recommend 205/65 r15 continental cc5 btw in 2015 manfucaturing, using the same in my altis, or you can get pirelli p1 cinturato verde in stock size also 2015 manufactured.
    I have no idea why - I should have asked though

Oh thanks - where should I get these from?

I bought the previous ones from Asif traders, Hussain Chowk next to the Mercedes showroom and my experience with them wasn't very good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

User Tag List