47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 7th Gen Civic ES Squad Karachi

PWent over Pakwheels and didn't find a proper group for the 7th gen Civics, all of them are mostly mere fanclubs.

So here is a thread dedicated to the 7th gen Civics of Karachi, please post a picture of your car along with a little introduction to register yourself here, we'll be making a list that will be updated from time to time.

The 7th gen Civic sedans we have here are regarded as the ES Civic worldwide and we have the ES5 over here.

The purpose of this thread is to bring the ES Civic owners of Karachi closer together and once we have enough members, we'll be organizing GTG's and small meets.

Feel free to post queries, pictures, ask for suggestions, buy/sell parts and share your ideas.

Owners from other cities are welcome to follow us as well

Registered Members:
    - Rohaan Saeed (rohaansaeed)
    - Furrukh Riaz (N2O)
    - Talha (Im_talha)
    - Shiraz Khan (khanji_143)
    - Shaheryar (shaheryar.khokhar)
    - Osama (intelosama)
    - Armaghan Tahir (jetta666)
    - Umer (venomdesire)
    - MrUnknown
    - Abdul (Marschall)
    - Taimur (Mugen1)

City SX8 - Civic ES - Accord SiR CF4 F20B
    Build Threads http://ow.ly/cZpvx and http://ow.ly/cZpDb

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rohaan bro. Plz reply to my texts. Still waiting.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default civic ES5

I want to register here

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anyone tell me the best tires size for stock rim and in karachi fresh tire supplier

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Want to change spark plugs kindly suggest me spark plugs for my manual transmission

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i want to inquire few things from you about a eagle eye 7th gen 2001 vti which i have bought recently and i want to restore the car to be mechanically fit and body wise fit as it will be a family car so can rice up the car much its 1,50,000 single hand driven the car is relatively clean since its petrol driven but still the previous owner was quite a miser so the paint has pretty much faded and hence stuck to basic maintenance so kindly point out the areas and parts i need to check/change and inspect for a safer ride and kindly mention some good brands aswell for such part which are pocket friendly aswell parts like break pads etc also what tyres are best for a 7th gen they should be pocket friendly aswell
    regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xain10 View Post
    i want to inquire few things from you about a eagle eye 7th gen 2001 vti which i have bought recently and i want to restore the car to be mechanically fit and body wise fit as it will be a family car so can rice up the car much its 1,50,000 single hand driven the car is relatively clean since its petrol driven but still the previous owner was quite a miser so the paint has pretty much faded and hence stuck to basic maintenance so kindly point out the areas and parts i need to check/change and inspect for a safer ride and kindly mention some good brands aswell for such part which are pocket friendly aswell parts like break pads etc also what tyres are best for a 7th gen they should be pocket friendly aswell
    regards
    Please share what city you're located in and some pictures of the car will help too.
    Costs depends on work required, keep 50-80k for good bodywork though

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rohaansaeed View Post
    Please share what city you're located in and some pictures of the car will help too.
    Costs depends on work required, keep 50-80k for good bodywork though
    Sir the Car is Currently at a workshop in islamabad as of today timing belt and bearing have been changed so far 7th Gen Civic ES Squad Karachi -17132267th Gen Civic ES Squad Karachi -17132277th Gen Civic ES Squad Karachi -17132287th Gen Civic ES Squad Karachi -1713229

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir the Car is Currently at a workshop in islamabad as of today timing belt and bearing have been changed so far
    Doesnt look too shabby, keep 50-60k for the paint work and rest you can spend mechanically.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir kindly advise on the following issues (MAJOR ISSUES)

i need you to reccomend me good tyre brands with model/name andapprox price in 30ish max brackkket

1.the HPS makes certain grinding noise sometimes also eats up oil (prolly leaks )though not that frequently the workshop guys suggest to replace the steering assembly with a kabli one

2.how to inspect the cooling system as in waterbody ,hosepipe etc , what parts do you suggest to be replaced like the car has been running on tap water I plan to get it replaced with branded coolant kindly suggest one
    i. thermostat i m dead sure the car is running without one and radiator hose pipe and the one that goes to the water my relative who is getting the work done is reluctant on this he thinks the mechanic will mess the cooling system but he's too naive maybe what do you say is civic's cooling system that fragile

3.the car is averaging fine should i risk getting the throttle body cleaned and injector cleaning or leave it considering they usually mess up the sensors? but its a 15 year old car with a pretty miser owner who had the car company maintained for like 7 years after that just basic maintenance

4.the abs light in cluster meter blinks time to time what is the solution for this issue any easy diagnosis and "remedy"

5.kindly recommend good yet affordable brake pads brand also kindly recommend good tyres for stock size rims , reasonable spark plug brand including part.no / model name

(MINOR)
    i.should i get the car floor board insulated with jumble on foam sheets does it work in reducing cabin noise

i livein a rural area so gettig the car done from isloo Concept motors so counting on your opinion folks

@rohaansaeed @shazo @shaheryar.khokhar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir kindly advise on the following issues (MAJOR ISSUES)

i need you to reccomend me good tyre brands with model/name andapprox price in 30ish max brackkket

1.the HPS makes certain grinding noise sometimes also eats up oil (prolly leaks )though not that frequently the workshop guys suggest to replace the steering assembly with a kabli one

2.how to inspect the cooling system as in waterbody ,hosepipe etc , what parts do you suggest to be replaced like the car has been running on tap water I plan to get it replaced with branded coolant kindly suggest one
    i. thermostat i m dead sure the car is running without one and radiator hose pipe and the one that goes to the water my relative who is getting the work done is reluctant on this he thinks the mechanic will mess the cooling system but he's too naive maybe what do you say is civic's cooling system that fragile

3.the car is averaging fine should i risk getting the throttle body cleaned and injector cleaning or leave it considering they usually mess up the sensors? but its a 15 year old car with a pretty miser owner who had the car company maintained for like 7 years after that just basic maintenance

4.the abs light in cluster meter blinks time to time what is the solution for this issue any easy diagnosis and "remedy"

5.kindly recommend good yet affordable brake pads brand also kindly recommend good tyres for stock size rims , reasonable spark plug brand including part.no / model name

(MINOR)
    i.should i get the car floor board insulated with jumble on foam sheets does it work in reducing cabin noise

i livein a rural area so gettig the car done from isloo Concept motors so counting on your opinion folks

@rohaansaeed @shazo @Shehryarkhokhar
    1. I had the same grinding noise in my 7th gen civic specially when I drove on rough roads or bajri. After getting kabli steering assembly all issues are resolved. Costed 7500Rs. Your old steering assembly can also be repaired if not it bad shape. In my case my steering assembly had a play in it

2. Honestly speaking mine is also running on tap water don't take panga by using coolant now. Due to continuously use of water their is rust inside radiator using coolant can cause a leak now.. its better to run on tap water/boiled water. When you get the radiator serviced fully after then you can pour coolant

3. Don't mess with it. Once I opened throttle body from local mechanic and rpm issue occurred it stuck at 3k. After that again got throttle done from Honda and its fine now. If you feel car is loosing pick then get throttle done only from Honda. Cost 4500Rs from Honda. Recommended after 40k KM

4. Only Honda can check this issue no idea

5. Use Nissin brake pads most seniors recommend these. Genuine Honda are too costly 10k+ total for all 4 wheels. I use Japanese brake pads not satisfied though costed total 5k for 4 wheels but there is a sound from it sometimes.
    Tyres depends upon your budget Yokohama advan dB are the best but cost 30k. Spark plugs the best company is NGK I think model number best is which is recommended in manual.

Sent from my ONE E1001 using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i.the oem central locking remote system of the car is also out of order the previous owner din't care to get it fix so what do you guys suggest get a new central locking system installed if yes kindly mention any good quality Car central locking alarm system i.e steel mate etc OR get the stock oem remote system fixed as in which will be more feasible and reliable
    kindly mention the model aswell since i am new to such things and where to get such things from pindi
    ii. should i get the door locks changed before hand or not since i wanted to repair/fix any possibly issue earlier since after that i won't have acess to got mechanics and markets like pindi area
    iii.the area where the car will be used is sargodha-faisalabad road region the road is in good shape but faces real heavy traffic its a Highway with all dumpers , local transport etc all on one road so will the Yoko advan DBs be good or should i look for ther tyres like michelin xm2 since i have read that advan dbs are soft tyres @Ammad

@shazo @shaheryar.khokhar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i.the oem central locking remote system of the car is also out of order the previous owner din't care to get it fix so what do you guys suggest get a new central locking system installed if yes kindly mention any good quality Car central locking alarm system i.e steel mate etc OR get the stock oem remote system fixed as in which will be more feasible and reliable
    kindly mention the model aswell since i am new to such things and where to get such things from pindi
    ii. should i get the door locks changed before hand or not since i wanted to repair/fix any possibly issue earlier since after that i won't have acess to got mechanics and markets like pindi area
    iii.the area where the car will be used is sargodha-faisalabad road region the road is in good shape but faces real heavy traffic its a Highway with all dumpers , local transport etc all on one road so will the Yoko advan DBs be good or should i look for ther tyres like michelin xm2 since i have read that advan dbs are soft tyres @Ammad

Post in this thread in future you will probably get more help (This threads seems to be inactive)
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...h-gen-fan-club

1) Regarding the OEM remote system it is always better. I would suggest you to first check if it can be fixed (if minor issue). Maybe just your remote cells are down etc. Rest alarm system you can do a survey of market and buy the one that is recommended by most shops and is in your budget.

In RawalpindiPindi goto Kashmir road there are many shops of car parts and accessories and everything. https://goo.gl/maps/gwwKTv5ewk12

2) I got the one door pins changed recently for 400Rs but it stopped working again. It is always better to have a reliable Remote system these door locks get jammed if they are not used..

3) Both are god tyres as far as i know. Yokohama advan db are very good tyres. What will traffic do to tyres? As long as road is good tyres will be good. And specially these both Michelin and Yokohama advan db (specially) will pretty much reduce the road noise. You can ask about tyres from people in this thread https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mec...i-am-tyre-guru and search on pakwheels people have compared and shared their reviews
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ask tyres question by making thread here
    Mechanical/Electrical

That part of forum is visited by most people and is active.
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did any variant of 7th gen had a immobiliser ?
    The men are back. @TGT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamza_xeg View Post
    Did any variant of 7th gen had a immobiliser ?
    Started from 8th gen as far as I know

Sent from my ONE E1001 using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved