Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Civic 9th Gen: Unknown squeaking from driver's side. :mad:

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    scissors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Civic 9th Gen: Unknown squeaking from driver's side. :mad:

    AoA, pakwheelers. My Civic has just done 2300 kms and I'm experiencing an issue with it because whenever I drive it on uneven road a faint squeaking sound is produced from the the front on driver's side. Now I have done everything to locate where it is coming from by rocking the body to reproduce the sound but I can only hear it when driving on uneven roads and that squeaking does not happen while going over a speed breaker.. Any help would be appreciated because it's a brand new car and squeaking sound pisses the hell out of me!! There has been no changes or modifications whatsoever, stock tyres, company rims.

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Huzaifa_Khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    2,813
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scissors View Post
    AoA, pakwheelers. My Civic has just done 2300 kms and I'm experiencing an issue with it because whenever I drive it on uneven road a faint squeaking sound is produced from the the front on driver's side. Now I have done everything to locate where it is coming from by rocking the body to reproduce the sound but I can only hear it when driving on uneven roads and that squeaking does not happen while going over a speed breaker.. Any help would be appreciated because it's a brand new car and squeaking sound pisses the hell out of me!! There has been no changes or modifications whatsoever, stock tyres, company rims.
    Change ur tires then update.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app
    Like My Page Please: https://www.facebook.com/BabuJeeKaThullu?ref=hl

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    scissors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huzaifa_Khalid View Post
    Change ur tires then update.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app
    I don't think the problem is with the tyres..

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Huzaifa_Khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    2,813
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scissors View Post
    I don't think the problem is with the tyres..
    Problem Is With Them, Coz The Stock Tires Are Hard Which Coz Terrible Noises Which Are Unbearble!
    Like My Page Please: https://www.facebook.com/BabuJeeKaThullu?ref=hl

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    scissors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huzaifa_Khalid View Post
    Problem Is With Them, Coz The Stock Tires Are Hard Which Coz Terrible Noises Which Are Unbearble!
    Okay but this squeaking sound is like two metal parts rubbing together maybe something loose but I can't figure to your reply how hard tyres can cause squeaking.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hassan.ellahi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    why don't you just take the car to the dealership and ask them to fix it? its a new car! don't change anything or go to any road side mechanic on your own

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hassan.ellahi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huzaifa_Khalid View Post
    Problem Is With Them, Coz The Stock Tires Are Hard Which Coz Terrible Noises Which Are Unbearble!
    if you are talking about hard tires = stiffer suspension and that would be causing squeaking, bro think again! its a new car, its not supposed to just squeak like that because of tires atleast

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    scissors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hsn18 View Post
    why don't you just take the car to the dealership and ask them to fix it? its a new car! don't change anything or go to any road side mechanic on your own
    Yeah but the problem is that I'm in Quetta for the foreseeable future and there are no Honda dealerships in the city but a lot of uneven roads here which makes me hear that brain torturing faint squeak every now and then!!

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hassan.ellahi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scissors View Post
    Yeah but the problem is that I'm in Quetta for the foreseeable future and there are no Honda dealerships in the city but a lot of uneven roads here which makes me hear that brain torturing faint squeak every now and then!!
    Honda | Pakistan | Contact Us | 3S Dealership
    these are the locations of all 3s dealers! try to go to the nearest possible one! you have spent quite alot on the car then why let it ruin?

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    scissors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hsn18 View Post
    Honda | Pakistan | Contact Us | 3S Dealership
    these are the locations of all 3s dealers! try to go to the nearest possible one! you have spent quite alot on the car then why let it ruin?
    Of course I don't want my ride to be ruined that's why I'm asking pakwheelers to help me out with this issue I don't want to resort to some amateur roadside mechanic. That link which you provided has a list of Honda Dealerships but the nearest one of them from me is 800 km away that is Karachi!! No dealerships in Quetta man!!

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hassan.ellahi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scissors View Post
    Of course I don't want my ride to be ruined that's why I'm asking pakwheelers to help me out with this issue I don't want to resort to some amateur roadside mechanic. That link which you provided has a list of Honda Dealerships but the nearest one of them from me is 800 km away that is Karachi!! No dealerships in Quetta man!!
    bro most of the pakwheelers will ask you to go to a 3S dealer but as its far away from you, some quetta member will be able to guide you in a better way that who is the better amongst mechanics over there

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    scissors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hsn18 View Post
    bro most of the pakwheelers will ask you to go to a 3S dealer but as its far away from you, some quetta member will be able to guide you in a better way that who is the better amongst mechanics over there
    Yes brother but what I'm asking is if any member can help me atleast locate from where the dreadful squeaking sound is coming from by their expertise.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    mr_drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dera ghazi khan
    Age
    26
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scissors View Post
    AoA, pakwheelers. My Civic has just done 2300 kms and I'm experiencing an issue with it because whenever I drive it on uneven road a faint squeaking sound is produced from the the front on driver's side. Now I have done everything to locate where it is coming from by rocking the body to reproduce the sound but I can only hear it when driving on uneven roads and that squeaking does not happen while going over a speed breaker.. Any help would be appreciated because it's a brand new car and squeaking sound pisses the hell out of me!! There has been no changes or modifications whatsoever, stock tyres, company rims.


    Check the air pressure of tyres ... If its 28 then make it 26 of front tyres and try again
    "10% of conflicts is due to difference of opinion and 90% is due to wrong tone of voice"

  14. #14
    UJ
    UJ is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    UJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I got the same problem in my Civic 08, in my case it was some thing metal sound comming from front side steering very annoying especially when going on the some rough road. I got same suggestions like change your tyres, refitting of dashboard as this sound would be rectify automatically, some suggested this due to openning of some welding joint many many from road side ustad jees to Honda 3S replacement only specialists. I spent myself many hours to identify exact location and by Grace of Allaha I found that, that was actually a clip of pipe far behind the power steering oil bottle infact exactly located under the steering fixed on body. By chance after much difficulty I accessed that clip amd by moving that it made same noise as I was looking for and as soon as I sprayed WD 40 on that horrible sound went staight away. I recommend you to check all pipe/ wire holding clips attached with body by moving up and down. All these clips could be accessed behind the engine by openning the bonnet, I wish and hope this wills solve your problem.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    scissors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ View Post
    I got the same problem in my Civic 08, in my case it was some thing metal sound comming from front side steering very annoying especially when going on the some rough road. I got same suggestions like change your tyres, refitting of dashboard as this sound would be rectify automatically, some suggested this due to openning of some welding joint many many from road side ustad jees to Honda 3S replacement only specialists. I spent myself many hours to identify exact location and by Grace of Allaha I found that, that was actually a clip of pipe far behind the power steering oil bottle infact exactly located under the steering fixed on body. By chance after much difficulty I accessed that clip amd by moving that it made same noise as I was looking for and as soon as I sprayed WD 40 on that horrible sound went staight away. I recommend you to check all pipe/ wire holding clips attached with body by moving up and down. All these clips could be accessed behind the engine by openning the bonnet, I wish and hope this wills solve your problem.
    Thanks for advice sir as what you have told me to do looks more like a viable reason and place to look for the solution of this problem I will certainly give it a try tomorrow the first thing in the day!

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Huzaifa_Khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    2,813
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Better Go To 3S Dealerships, Don't Try On Your Own.
    Like My Page Please: https://www.facebook.com/BabuJeeKaThullu?ref=hl

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    scissors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It's very disturbing today I noticed that it's getting more louder and happens more frequently :\ This effing squeak!! Showed it to another mechanic he said it might be coming from suspension due to hitting on a bump but I don't think so. Also opened the bonnet and moved things around with my hands to see if some kind of squeaky sound is produced but none.. And I also noticed that it is now happening even on smooth ground which makes me think it has something to do with the wheel and body connection but this happens only when I drive it slowly. Help please!!!

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamza_xeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,791
    Follows
    4
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    did anything hit the car from underneath the driver's side ?
    The men are back. @TGT.

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mwm749's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    AOA,

    I agree with UJ, its either some pipe clip touching the body or some part. Try taking off the front wheel and look around for loose brake pipe clip. Secondly try shaking the radiator, battery, washer bottle, wiring assembly starting from the fire wall, the bumper and number plate.

    Hope you will locate the problem.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    invincible_doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    754
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sometimes the front fendor gives a squeky sound on movement bcz of friction type effect betweeb Glass and the plastic portion near wiper section. When u press the fender near the windscreen lower edges it might give that sound. Fix that. My friend had this issue. Honda point on main boulevard dha fixed it

    Sent from my Sony Xperia Z

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •