Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Honda Civic 2014 - Advice Needed

Assalamo Alaikum dear PakWheelers,

I am planning to buy the new civic in silver or black color later this month or in January. As there are many experienced people here, I need your valuable advice/suggestions/recommendations/checklist for the following phases involved in the purchase and later handling of my car.

1. Booking and delivery
    2. Initial set-up and installation of missing mandatory/recommended parts
    3. Regular daily/weekly/monthly maintenance
    4. Anything else that might be helpful but doesn't fall under the above categories

Thanks in advance

Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Honda centre and honda clasdic are the 2 options. If they already have ur demand available; you jusy take payorder with you and get your car. If they dont have, you just book the order and your car will be delievered in 1 week time.
    2. If you hav extra money, you can install other items, else it already has a lot in it.
    3.honda offers free 3 chekups. at 1000 km, 5000 km and 10000 km.
    Buy 2014 invoiced civic . best of

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wait and book after 1st January.

Sent from my ST25a using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Book now as booking rush will be heavy. Ask them for delivery after 01 JAN.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i bought the same car in black last year on Dec. 16, 2012... but all the documents, invoices have model 2013 and 2013 is clearly written on registration paper as well!
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks everyone! I have submitted the pay order today for VTI Oriel without any addons (new navigation system is coming very soon so it would have been a waste of money to buy it right now) and got the receipt from Honda Centre Rawalpindi. They did not have my demand ready and have told me that I will get my car in the second week of January. Do they really need that much of time? The other guy there told me two weeks ago that he will arrange my car in 5 days but he wasn't there today. I booked it today so that I get it in the very beginning of new year with documents dating 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sjehsan View Post
    i bought the same car in black last year on Dec. 16, 2012... but all the documents, invoices have model 2013 and 2013 is clearly written on registration paper as well!
    I have also booked a black one but have to confirm them the color on the day after tomorrow. After using a black version for one year, do you recommend it? Almost everyone says it's difficult to maintain but I think it can be kept great for years if good care is taken. What is your brotherly advice?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for silver....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saad911 View Post
    I have also booked a black one but have to confirm them the color on the day after tomorrow. After using a black version for one year, do you recommend it? Almost everyone says it's difficult to maintain but I think it can be kept great for years if good care is taken. What is your brotherly advice?
    Bro it depends, in our case, we dont keep drivers and we are four brothers and have four different cars, no one is bound to one single car. Anyone take any car and in our case, no body even wipe the car with cloth, washing, polishing is out of thinking...

We are having great trouble maintaining black, and u can say we are regretting by buying black color!

But if u have driver, then i will recommend you to go for it or if you atleast 20-30 mints free to give to your car...

Otherwise BIG NO!!!!
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sjehsan View Post
    Bro it depends, in our case, we dont keep drivers and we are four brothers and have four different cars, no one is bound to one single car. Anyone take any car and in our case, no body even wipe the car with cloth, washing, polishing is out of thinking...

We are having great trouble maintaining black, and u can say we are regretting by buying black color!

But if u have driver, then i will recommend you to go for it or if you atleast 20-30 mints free to give to your car...

Otherwise BIG NO!!!!
    Well I too won't be having any driver but the car will be used by myself alone. I can wash and polish/wax it once in a week (over the weekend) but not more than that :/ I can wipe it once a day before leaving in the morning though. Would that be enough? Does yours have any swirl marks visible till yet? Does the paint look as fresh, clean and wet as new?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The fact is that all dark colors are very difficult to maintain, but looks dashing.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Silver and white best in my opinion for new civic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks everyone! I have submitted the pay order today for VTI Oriel without any addons (new navigation system is coming very soon so it would have been a waste of money to buy it right now) and got the receipt from Honda Centre Rawalpindi. They did not have my demand ready and have told me that I will get my car in the second week of January. Do they really need that much of time? The other guy there told me two weeks ago that he will arrange my car in 5 days but he wasn't there today. I booked it today so that I get it in the very beginning of new year with documents dating 2014.
    Aslamualeykum brother, congratulations on booking a new civic. I am looking forward to book one soon as well. I phoned the Honda centre RWP, they've said that 2013 has finished, you can place an order on monday to get the 2014 model, i.e. Of-course 2014 Manufacture, apart from the documents only. They've also said its going to take approx 3 weeks.
    Do you have any idea if there's any change coming in it, concerned about the change in lights, or any thing??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wantonvulture View Post
    Silver and white best in my opinion for new civic
    I looked at new civics in the Centaurus parking area tonight and have dropped the idea of black and now I am unable to decide between White and Silver :p

Quote Originally Posted by uhkusman View Post
    Aslamualeykum brother, congratulations on booking a new civic. I am looking forward to book one soon as well. I phoned the Honda centre RWP, they've said that 2013 has finished, you can place an order on monday to get the 2014 model, i.e. Of-course 2014 Manufacture, apart from the documents only. They've also said its going to take approx 3 weeks.
    Do you have any idea if there's any change coming in it, concerned about the change in lights, or any thing??
    Thanks brother. Yes they have nothing in stock now and it is better that you get a fresh car booked in your name instead of picking a car from showroom on an open invoice. The Honda factory is closed these days and will reopen on 1st I guess after which Honda Centre (in fact all dealerships) will get the delivery schedule from Honda. Honda Center will then be able to give you an accurate estimate of the delivery date. For now they have told me 2nd week of January.

As per my knowledge nothing is being changed except for the navigation system and that would be done in February or so. That's the reason I have booked mine without the navigation system so that I get it installed after the new system has been launched.

Which configuration are you looking at and which color?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have booked mine from Honda Classic and they said delivery will be at end of January. Honda center was saying first week of January at that time. But I read bad things about Honda center on pak wheels specially about their promises of delivery date.

I have kept Civic 2002 in black color and it was very difficult to maintain. Therefore I opted for White this time.
    I guess any changes to navigation will be just software upgrade which you can get done any time. But if you go for buying navigation after car is delivered it will cost you around 80k instead of 60.5k. So please confirm this from Honda center.

Sent from my A12 using PW Forums mobile app
    - Anaam

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Anaam View Post
    I have booked mine from Honda Classic and they said delivery will be at end of January. Honda center was saying first week of January at that time. But I read bad things about Honda center on pak wheels specially about their promises of delivery date.

I have kept Civic 2002 in black color and it was very difficult to maintain. Therefore I opted for White this time.
    I guess any changes to navigation will be just software upgrade which you can get done any time. But if you go for buying navigation after car is delivered it will cost you around 80k instead of 60.5k. So please confirm this from Honda center.

Sent from my A12 using PW Forums mobile app
    The changes in navigation system are hardware related, a new android based system is coming. This news is from am authentic source and the dealers might not know about it as yet. I thought it's better to buy it later instead of spending money twice.

I didn't know about the issues with honda centre so I have already placed an order there. I hope they deliver it on time now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best of luck with your car to be . black is demanding colour but if you enjoy to wash and wax once a week, then you can maintain it without any issue. otherwise go for white in civic which is easy to maintain. My money is on Black as i have been keeping black corolla for last 18 months and even today when i wash and wax it, it gives a eye popping shine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I looked at new civics in the Centaurus parking area tonight and have dropped the idea of black and now I am unable to decide between White and Silver :p

Thanks brother. Yes they have nothing in stock now and it is better that you get a fresh car booked in your name instead of picking a car from showroom on an open invoice. The Honda factory is closed these days and will reopen on 1st I guess after which Honda Centre (in fact all dealerships) will get the delivery schedule from Honda. Honda Center will then be able to give you an accurate estimate of the delivery date. For now they have told me 2nd week of January.

As per my knowledge nothing is being changed except for the navigation system and that would be done in February or so. That's the reason I have booked mine without the navigation system so that I get it installed after the new system has been launched.

Which configuration are you looking at and which color?

Thanks for the reply. Thats for sure, i'll book it from the Honda, rather than a dealer out side. I hope they do bring in some change, i am really concerned if they put in the electric seats/Driver seat. And changes with the rear lamps.

Going for a Vti- Oriel full option and of course in Black white's been already too much. And no wander what ever it is, Black is Black,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jklodhi View Post
    Best of luck with your car to be . black is demanding colour but if you enjoy to wash and wax once a week, then you can maintain it without any issue. otherwise go for white in civic which is easy to maintain. My money is on Black as i have been keeping black corolla for last 18 months and even today when i wash and wax it, it gives a eye popping shine.
    Thanks! This was an encouraging reply and I think I will stick to black

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List