Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Civic 8th gen vs Prius 2nd gen comparison.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 8th gen vs Prius 2nd gen comparison.

Aoa brothers,
    I have been a silent user of Pakwheels since long and this is going to be my first thread as my cousin @Kiki091 (Jahanzaib) insisted me on creating it. He suggested me to make a thread that will compare my CIVIC and PRIUS as many people are confused between them when buying a car in this budget. I being owner of both have the first hand experience of these cars and I will try my best to give an honest review on both the cars. My Prius is 2007 model T4 variant (UK import) and I am the first owner since it landed here in Pakistan and has . My civic is a 2006 model Vti Oriel Prosmatec and is with me for quite some time. So here it goes:

Category Honda Civic Toyota Prius
    Drive Its drive is good. Smooth and has grip but not as good as Prius Much better drive than Civic, Smoother but a bit less grip
    Comfort Civic is no doubt comfortable but lacks in leg space, plus seats are hard. Prius on the other hand is much more comfortable, it has a leg space of a Camry.
    Fuel efficiency 8-11 km/l with mixed driving. 19-23 km/l with mixed driving.
    Road noise more road noise than Prius Very silent ride, a treat indeed.
    Looks Civic obviously has much better looks. Prius is just OK.
    Luggage Capacity The luggage capacity is adequate. It almost has the same capacity as civic.
    Power Powerful car, great pick up but auto is sluggish at start. Great pickup for a 1500 cc. eats civic up when the battery is fully charged.
    Transmission Gear shifts are OK CVT makes ride too smooth.

The bottom line is Prius is way better than civic in a lot of aspects, the only drawback is its battery. My recommendation is get a Prius but make sure u have found a clean car. The only plus of Honda is that it has resale plus being conventional petrol so no hassle. But if you are lucky enough to get a clean Prius than go for it eyes closed.

So here is little from my side, sorry if I missed out on anything. I am all open to queries. Meanwhile enjoy the pics..

Attached Images Attached Images                

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Durrani_45 View Post
    civic civic hai prius is big no
    hahaha sir agree with you civic sure has looks and all stuff a guy wants, but petrol bhi teh bharna hai , no doubt sir civic is a great car but prius is too good as well not being biased here speaking of both in every term as i own them both , cheers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki091 View Post
    Umair yara post some 0-100 times of both the cars.. let the people know that prius ain't slow..
    hahhaha for people saying prius is slow let me tell you guys this may come as surprising to u that civic beats an civic an altis an axio fielder or any other car till 110 after that aroun 120 civic takes lead and altis comes near around 165 ,both have been tested with kiki091 and rest other cars they remain behind except an axio which gives a tight competition but it is behind

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Prius 3rd gen with the auto-park feature is good if you don't know how to parallel park-- like me lol
    otherwise Civic is a civic. Prius is mainly for the fuel conscious people....

You could even get a piggy bank and keep all the money you save from the fuel in there, after a couple lac kilometres you will have to break it and get a new battery

AOA hahah sir u r right but is it obvious that you would be needing a new battery , i you can get a prius with a perfect battery i assure you it wont be disturbing you till at least 2lakh kilometer , my daily tracelling is alot and by now since car is with me i will put up the true figures i have driven it around somewhat 80000 kms give or take 5000 km ,this car has saved me petrol of around 4-5 lakhs of petrol and its battery is still as good as new not even a slightest difference in performance rose till day, and new battery cost aroun 1.5 lak i guess even this battery takes out 2 more year i wont mind spending 2lak , max and i will be still better of by saving 4lak atleast , secondley toyata indus is also launching this car here so it is quite possible its maintaince cost get dropped , hope i satisfy your concern

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    ummm i might be wrong.

but prius is absolutely crap when it comes to power and getting things done quickly.

its a freaking battery car. i mean no disrespect kind sir.

hahaha no problem sir , everybody has his or her own views , but i have made this thread for people who have concernes on prius , i am willing to share my all kind of experinces

but honda civic 1.8 regardless if its 8th gen or 9th gen is far more powerfull thn prius hand down.

i own a honda city 1.5 aspire prosmatec, bought it last month. i can assure you even 1.5 ltr city can outrun prius in a jiffy regardless if its 1.5 prius or 3rd gen 1.8 prius

apart from that prius is quite old people car. my nana abu owns a prius and so does my elders in the uk and they enjoy it but i absolutely hate it whenever i have to drive my nana abu for his medical check up if i end up with only his car at my disposal. its a very painfully slow car . suits senior citizens and thats about it.
    hahaha no problem sir , everybody has his or her own views , but i have made this thread for people who have concernes on prius , i am willing to share my all kind of experinces , sir let me tell u prius is not at all a slow car much faster then many cars out there u might had a bad experince with the car you drove it might have some faults , my prius easily beats an auto civic till 100- 120 after that civic takes the lead even if i floor the pedal of my prius all time min average i will get is 14 km/l and i will be going zoom zoom here and there, where as if a floore my civic it hardley travels 30- 35 km in petrol of 500 i know this cause i some time do this panga , yes sir u r right new city is a hell of a fast car , never had any oppertunity to sit in one though but have heard alot , it maybe able to outrun a 1.5 prius but not an 1.8 she is too fast , and when one is buying a car he or she just doesnt want to see gari bhagti kitna hai a common man has to look many other things this car is very low on cost in terms of running much spacier then civic , but civic is a class of its own , and as a matter of fact i touched 182 on xyz location on my prius cant mention that place and still car was giving an average of 12 km/l what else do i need , cheers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any person having any kind of queries regarding the performance of both cars there cost of maintaince , petrol , any kind of detail i am availble to answer your queries but please keep in mind a car is not just to check bhagti kitna hai , i assure u prius surprises many people when it comes to performance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Prius 1.8 is much faster than civic because the motors also provide extra BHP.

Sent from my A900 using PW Forums mobile app
    Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Prius 1.8 is much faster than civic because the motors also provide extra BHP.

i agree 100% but dont know why people dont understand this thing and 1.8 is very quick

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also have a 2007 Prius 10th anniversary edition, and both 8th and 9th Gen civic..
    Prius is driven genuine 53000 km, Civic 8th gen about 90K, Civic 9th Gen about 200 km

Comfort of prius is way BETTER than civic.. Acceleration is also comparable or even more
    About looks.. well its a relative thing.. that varies from person to person
    But in features, prius leads.. Such as auto parking + Safety features
    And there are no issues with Prius Battery .. You can also get a refurbished battery for 50K (which will be good for 200,000 km or so )

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Civic 8th gen vs Prius 2nd gen comparison -1319526

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mujtaba sir...ap ki prius 1.5 hai?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PW Forums mobile app
    "oh ALLAH,there is nothing easy except what u make easy and u make the difficult easy if it be ur will"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umairrana1 View Post
    i agree 100% but dont know why people dont understand this thing and 1.8 is very quick
    Those who dont know about its technology will never understand why its faster..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Kiki091 @umairrana1

Karar ka naam hijack kya hua hai xD

p.s commander ka hamsaya at this end

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Those who dont know about its technology will never understand why its faster..

i absolutely adore the fact that people in pakistan have prius now which has been in the rest of the world for a decade.

but why is it we confuse ourselves with a hybrid car comparing it with a top of the line, 9th generation petrol car which has been around for 30 years or more in the world.

with all respect acquired i would say prius is absolutely crap. its an old people senior citizen car (around the world).

its a battery powered car for heavens sake. i absolutely disagree with one of the lad who posted here that prius has an edge over civic just because it has added electric motor :///

prius was never ever ever designed for acceleration. its purpose is one this, target the eco-concious class and thats about it.

a fair comparison would be comparing PRIUS with honda INSIGHT.

you lot are comparing a pakistan manufactured car with japan manufactured car which is absurd . (no offence )

i owned a 1.6 honda civic automatic hatchback in the uk (they only have civic hatchbacks in the uk) and i can asure you that justice can only be done if you compare a uk assembled car with a japan assembled car. or vice versa.

comparing a jdm with pkdm is nonsense when it comes to feature. my 2008 civic had more features than the 9th generation PKDM honda civic.

could you lot please post 0-100 of prius and honda civic 1.8

similarly i shall try and post 0-100 of honda city 1.5 which i bought couple of weeks back ))

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i absolutely adore the fact that people in pakistan have prius now which has been in the rest of the world for a decade.

but why is it we confuse ourselves with a hybrid car comparing it with a top of the line, 9th generation petrol car which has been around for 30 years or more in the world.

with all respect acquired i would say prius is absolutely crap. its an old people senior citizen car (around the world).

its a battery powered car for heavens sake. i absolutely disagree with one of the lad who posted here that prius has an edge over civic just because it has added electric motor :///

prius was never ever ever designed for acceleration. its purpose is one this, target the eco-concious class and thats about it.

you lot are comparing a pakistan manufactured car with japan manufactured car which is absurd . (no offence )

i owned a 1.6 honda civic automatic hatchback in the uk (they only have civic hatchbacks in the uk) and i can asure you that justice can only be done if you compare a uk assembled car with a japan assembled car. or vice versa.

comparing a jdm with pkdm is nonsense when it comes to feature. my 2008 civic had more features than the 9th generation PKDM honda civic.

similarly i shall try and post 0-100 of honda city 1.5 which i bought couple of weeks back ))
    Well bro... here if price range overlaps, then it CAN be compared
    anyways, saw this vid on youtube.. Not mine
    but i can safely say, pick of mine is similar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This comparison is only because the price range is similar for both of the cars plus many people are confused between these two. Sir with due respect, u also have to understand the Psychology of a common buyer in Pakistan. Here we don't even get power windows in a car whose worth is 1.6 million let alone the other luxuries. With that budget in hand a buyer wants some luxury too so these jdms nd ukdms click in their eyes. Now coming back to Prius so what if its a battery powered car sir?? It serves the purpose doesn't it?? The only drawback is its shape and in some cases if the battery is gone. I have driven both of my cousins car and let me tell you drive wise prius is better, its sound, smooth and comfortable. At the end its about individuals perception, and it all depends on the budget we have. In pakistan its the price range that generates comparison not ukdm or pkdm or jdm. I agree that pkdm cant be compared but in Pakistan we are forced to coz we have a limited local car market and we lack quality..
    "..I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best..."
    -Walt Whitman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And with all due respect and no offence at all, Honda city is a crap car. Pathetic build quality, cheap interior, bumpy ride, hard seats and list goes on. I have kept 2011 city and sold it within six months. The only good was that it was powerful and economical. City is only good for guys who love speed. I am sure that city 1.5 will be faster but brother if speed is the criteria for buying a car than well no comments.
    "..I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best..."
    -Walt Whitman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in the current situation, Prius looks to be a car which is value for money.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki091 View Post
    And with all due respect and no offence at all, Honda city is a crap car. Pathetic build quality, cheap interior, bumpy ride, hard seats and list goes on. I have kept 2011 city and sold it within six months. The only good was that it was powerful and economical. City is only good for guys who love speed. I am sure that city 1.5 will be faster but brother if speed is the criteria for buying a car than well no comments.

i absolutely agree with you on that. its crap. its totally bonkers to buy this car but i had budget of 2 million rupees and i am 23 years old.

i wanted to buy new car with after sales service. i do not believe in stuff for which i dont get aftersales service and vice versa.

i had two options to either buy corolla altis 1.6 cruisematic or honda city 1.5 aspire prosmatec.

so i went for honda city aspire 1.5 because there are no other options in this price range when it comes to new car.

i didnt choose corolla because its not easy to maneuver that car in islamabad and it gets stolen in a very second.

3 of my friends lost their gli and altis this year in islamabad so wanted to secure my investment, bought city and got it insured )

but i guess (which i might be wrong) city 1.5 aspire prosmatec is a treat for a 23 year

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Woah woah bro must go to youtube yourself and see the comparison there and everyone of you has developed a bad view about PKDM cars this civic is also in other countries and even now toyota has launched prius a (C.B.U) from japan what will you call it a piece of crap?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mujtaba17 View Post
    Well bro... here if price range overlaps, then it CAN be compared
    anyways, saw this vid on youtube.. Not mine
    but i can safely say, pick of mine is similar
    And dont forget sir that prius has a Engine 1800cc rather a big one too with motors for extra milage and bhp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List