Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Civic 8th gen vs Prius 2nd gen comparison.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 8th gen vs Prius 2nd gen comparison.

Aoa brothers,
    I have been a silent user of Pakwheels since long and this is going to be my first thread as my cousin @Kiki091 (Jahanzaib) insisted me on creating it. He suggested me to make a thread that will compare my CIVIC and PRIUS as many people are confused between them when buying a car in this budget. I being owner of both have the first hand experience of these cars and I will try my best to give an honest review on both the cars. My Prius is 2007 model T4 variant (UK import) and I am the first owner since it landed here in Pakistan and has . My civic is a 2006 model Vti Oriel Prosmatec and is with me for quite some time. So here it goes:

Category Honda Civic Toyota Prius
    Drive Its drive is good. Smooth and has grip but not as good as Prius Much better drive than Civic, Smoother but a bit less grip
    Comfort Civic is no doubt comfortable but lacks in leg space, plus seats are hard. Prius on the other hand is much more comfortable, it has a leg space of a Camry.
    Fuel efficiency 8-11 km/l with mixed driving. 19-23 km/l with mixed driving.
    Road noise more road noise than Prius Very silent ride, a treat indeed.
    Looks Civic obviously has much better looks. Prius is just OK.
    Luggage Capacity The luggage capacity is adequate. It almost has the same capacity as civic.
    Power Powerful car, great pick up but auto is sluggish at start. Great pickup for a 1500 cc. eats civic up when the battery is fully charged.
    Transmission Gear shifts are OK CVT makes ride too smooth.

The bottom line is Prius is way better than civic in a lot of aspects, the only drawback is its battery. My recommendation is get a Prius but make sure u have found a clean car. The only plus of Honda is that it has resale plus being conventional petrol so no hassle. But if you are lucky enough to get a clean Prius than go for it eyes closed.

So here is little from my side, sorry if I missed out on anything. I am all open to queries. Meanwhile enjoy the pics..

Attached Images Attached Images                

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki091 View Post
    Umair yara post some 0-100 times of both the cars.. let the people know that prius ain't slow..
    hahaha i guess that is now necessary , will catch u up for that tomorrow

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    @Kiki091 @umairrana1

Karar ka naam hijack kya hua hai xD

p.s commander ka hamsaya at this end
    hahahah he is not our kari , he is my cousin he too is kiki

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umairrana1 View Post
    hahaha i guess that is now necessary , will catch u up for that tomorrow
    Haan haan sure.. Plus meri mercedes ka bhe trial hojaye zara..
    "..I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best..."
    -Walt Whitman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahahah he is not our kari , he is my cousin he too is kiki
    I know

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa brothers,
    I have been a silent user of Pakwheels since long and this is going to be my first thread as my cousin @Kiki091 (Jahanzaib) insisted me on creating it. He suggested me to make a thread that will compare my CIVIC and PRIUS as many people are confused between them when buying a car in this budget. I being owner of both have the first hand experience of these cars and I will try my best to give an honest review on both the cars. My Prius is 2007 model T4 variant (UK import) and I am the first owner since it landed here in Pakistan and has . My civic is a 2006 model Vti Oriel Prosmatec and is with me for quite some time. So here it goes:

Category Honda Civic Toyota Prius
    Drive Its drive is good. Smooth and has grip but not as good as Prius Much better drive than Civic, Smoother but a bit less grip
    Comfort Civic is no doubt comfortable but lacks in leg space, plus seats are hard. Prius on the other hand is much more comfortable, it has a leg space of a Camry.
    Fuel efficiency 8-11 km/l with mixed driving. 19-23 km/l with mixed driving.
    Road noise more road noise than Prius Very silent ride, a treat indeed.
    Looks Civic obviously has much better looks. Prius is just OK.
    Luggage Capacity The luggage capacity is adequate. It almost has the same capacity as civic.
    Power Powerful car, great pick up but auto is sluggish at start. Great pickup for a 1500 cc. eats civic up when the battery is fully charged.
    Transmission Gear shifts are OK CVT makes ride too smooth.

The bottom line is Prius is way better than civic in a lot of aspects, the only drawback is its battery. My recommendation is get a Prius but make sure u have found a clean car. The only plus of Honda is that it has resale plus being conventional petrol so no hassle. But if you are lucky enough to get a clean Prius than go for it eyes closed.

@umairrana1 Sir very nice comparison sir i have few questions i will be thankful to u for answering my questions

1: What fuel average you are getting from prius if u drive in eco mode at 60KMH and how much fuel average you are getting on moterway at 100-120KMH
    2: I heard that UK import prius has small radiator as compared to japan prius so it gets heatup with AC in pakistan because pakistan weather conditions are different from UK
    3: Can prius 1.5L run parell with Civic till 100KMH
    4: How much time does the battery takes to full charge and how many KMH you can travel on battery
    5: And on how much speed it can drive on battery

REGARDS

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by altisdualvvti View Post
    @umairrana1 Sir very nice comparison sir i have few questions i will be thankful to u for answering my questions

1: What fuel average you are getting from prius if u drive in eco mode at 60KMH and how much fuel average you are getting on moterway at 100-120KMH
    2: I heard that UK import prius has small radiator as compared to japan prius so it gets heatup with AC in pakistan because pakistan weather conditions are different from UK
    4: How much time does the battery takes to full charge and how many KMH you can travel on battery

REGARDS
    1. If you drive with a light foot at 60, you will surely get 23+ Km/L.. Haven't driven on long yet.. Heard it is 18/19 Km/L in long
    2. I have a Japanese prius. But some of my friends who have UK prius complain of these problems, and resale of UK prius is less what i have heard. Rest Umair will describe better as he owns 1
    3. Yes it can run parallel with Civic (Didn't try a drag race, but telling from pick response)
    4. battery charges and discharges as you are travelling. but if you just wanna charge it, i guess in 10-15 mins, and upto 70Km/H if you have a light foot it can travel on battery
    5. regarding distance, well never really used it in EV (Electric only) Mode, but it must be a few KM, not much.. Because it charges and discharges as you go (Like when on petrol and decelerating)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

REGARDS
    sir the best mileage i ever got from my prius is 30 km/l equal to almost 70mpg i have a snap shot of it i will post it to support my say, sir it might be true that uk model prius has smaller radiator but i havent ever faced any overheating issue car has seen many harsh hot weather conditions of lhr multan in july aug with full time ac on , sir about your third quiery i can say this a prius can outrun a civic till 100 but both should be auto after that civic takes lead i have tested this on my own civic as well as with some other frnds the results were same , though manual civic is faster , this is a fact , sir about battery let me tell this is an important thing that we should know , battery charging and drainge time are different in different atmospheric conditions , winters it gets charged quickely where as in summers it takes time to reach the same amount of charge , in terms of distance a battery should charge to max blue with in 1 to 1.5 km on normal driving , a full green charged battery can be driven almost 4 to 6 km on ev mode with very light foot as if you floor it the petrol engine will itself kick in
    abt your last inquirey maximum speed that can be acheived on total battery depends upon the level of charge my prius goes upto 70km/h when battery is fully charged till green and 55 km/h on blue indicator of charge
    hope i satisfy your concerns
    any other questions are welcomed

regards ,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

REGARDS
    one thing i missed on long i have acheived 26km/l as well as 14km/l depending upoun the driving style , my car gives me 21km/l on motor way at speed at 120 to be precise and at 145 exact on cruise control she gives me 16km/L and the method i use to check my car consumption is by filling it till top , i dont rely on the cars reading though surpriseingly car meter shows exact same mileage

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mujtaba17 View Post
    1. If you drive with a light foot at 60, you will surely get 23+ Km/L.. Haven't driven on long yet.. Heard it is 18/19 Km/L in long
    2. I have a Japanese prius. But some of my friends who have UK prius complain of these problems, and resale of UK prius is less what i have heard. Rest Umair will describe better as he owns 1
    3. Yes it can run parallel with Civic (Didn't try a drag race, but telling from pick response)
    4. battery charges and discharges as you are travelling. but if you just wanna charge it, i guess in 10-15 mins, and upto 70Km/H if you have a light foot it can travel on battery
    5. regarding distance, well never really used it in EV (Electric only) Mode, but it must be a few KM, not much.. Because it charges and discharges as you go (Like when on petrol and decelerating)

AOA sir at speed of 70 u can easily get 25 to 26 km/l on long it gives around 20 at 120 and around 16 at 145 with cruise control on
    i havent expericened any problem till date such as heating issue i have been to multan and much hotter places in june july with full ac and load and never faced any issue ,
    abt resale i am getting offers above expectations
    yes true i have tested with few civics including my own both have almost same pick till 110
    rest abt battery i have mentioned above in brothers question

regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is the picture of the mileage that my cousin got on his prius.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1387047701.364756.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  71.7 KB
    "..I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best..."
    -Walt Whitman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir the best mileage i ever got from my prius is 30 km/l equal to almost 70mpg i have a snap shot of it i will post it to support my say, sir it might be true that uk model prius has smaller radiator but i havent ever faced any overheating issue car has seen many harsh hot weather conditions of lhr multan in july aug with full time ac on , sir about your third quiery i can say this a prius can outrun a civic till 100 but both should be auto after that civic takes lead i have tested this on my own civic as well as with some other frnds the results were same , though manual civic is faster , this is a fact , sir about battery let me tell this is an important thing that we should know , battery charging and drainge time are different in different atmospheric conditions , winters it gets charged quickely where as in summers it takes time to reach the same amount of charge , in terms of distance a battery should charge to max blue with in 1 to 1.5 km on normal driving , a full green charged battery can be driven almost 4 to 6 km on ev mode with very light foot as if you floor it the petrol engine will itself kick in
    abt your last inquirey maximum speed that can be acheived on total battery depends upon the level of charge my prius goes upto 70km/h when battery is fully charged till green and 55 km/h on blue indicator of charge
    hope i satisfy your concerns
    any other questions are welcomed

regards ,
    Sir thanks for answering my questions sir plz shed some lights on trunk of both cars as you said in main post that trunk of both cars are equal but i think prius has bigger trunk than civic?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

civic ke apni he chuss ha
    The men are back. @TGT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Civic 8th gen vs Prius 2nd gen comparison -1320899 Trunk of prius

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir thanks for answering my questions sir plz shed some lights on trunk of both cars as you said in main post that trunk of both cars are equal but i think prius has bigger trunk than civic?
    sir it is true prius trunk is bigger but if stuff it up till top its your choice other wise as per normal loading both are same ,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mujtaba17 View Post
    Civic 8th gen vs Prius 2nd gen comparison -1320899 Trunk of prius
    l load my prius till the height of that light on left , and in civic same amont of luggage can come easily, but later i have more option to stuff in luggage in prius where as civic has a limiit , i feel against ethics to full cars boot till top otherwise hell yes prius has better boot

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamza_xeg View Post
    civic ke apni he chuss ha
    bhai jan chuss toh hai but jub petrol bhartey ho nah toh sari chuss nikal jati hai ab chusoun par toh gari nai chalani, civic is not a daily runner where as prius is

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai jan chuss toh hai but jub petrol bhartey ho nah toh sari chuss nikal jati hai ab chusoun par toh gari nai chalani, civic is not a daily runner where as prius is
    chalane wale chala laite hain, depends on priorities. :p
    The men are back. @TGT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamza_xeg View Post
    chalane wale chala laite hain, depends on priorities. :p
    hahaha sai bat ki bhai but i daly drive around 100 kms , so my priority is prius as it savs me alot and by that saving , i fuel my civic on weekends and have her fun to the fullest

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    ummm i might be wrong.

but prius is absolutely crap when it comes to power and getting things done quickly.

its a freaking battery car. i mean no disrespect kind sir.

but honda civic 1.8 regardless if its 8th gen or 9th gen is far more powerfull thn prius hand down.

i own a honda city 1.5 aspire prosmatec, bought it last month. i can assure you even 1.5 ltr city can outrun prius in a jiffy regardless if its 1.5 prius or 3rd gen 1.8 prius

apart from that prius is quite old people car. my nana abu owns a prius and so does my elders in the uk and they enjoy it but i absolutely hate it whenever i have to drive my nana abu for his medical check up if i end up with only his car at my disposal. its a very painfully slow car . suits senior citizens and thats about it.
    It all depends who is paying for the fuel (and Vehicle)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahaha sai bat ki bhai but i daly drive around 100 kms , so my priority is prius as it savs me alot and by that saving , i fuel my civic on weekends and have her fun to the fullest
    smart guy !
    The men are back. @TGT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List