9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic Reborn Manual, missing kerti hai

I have bought it couple of days ago. Its 2011 model with 50k on the ODO Meter. First owner said that it needs a new air filter, issii liyay missing ker rahy hai! It will fix the problem. It only happens when you are driving on low RPM and suddenly push down hard to speed up to over take or something.

Is he right?, would changing the air filter fix the problem. How much would this cost. Can I do it at home ? on my own!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The airfilter was dirty!

Changed the Air Filter, Engine oil and the Oil Filter last month. It fixed 80% of the missing problem. The rest of the 20% was due to bad fuel in Pakistan I guess. Like it does missing when I fill up on motorway from PSO or any other random petrol station in Lahore city. So now I only fill up from TOTAL on M.M Alam road or Shell in H block market in DHA. The car runs very smooth on high octane so I mix 50 50 regular and high octane. Its giving me 10+KM/ltr in Lahore city.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
    The airfilter was dirty!

Changed the Air Filter, Engine oil and the Oil Filter last month. It fixed 80% of the missing problem. The rest of the 20% was due to bad fuel in Pakistan I guess. Like it does missing when I fill up on motorway from PSO or any other random petrol station in Lahore city. So now I only fill up from TOTAL on M.M Alam road or Shell in H block market in DHA. The car runs very smooth on high octane so I mix 50 50 regular and high octane. Its giving me 10+KM/ltr in Lahore city.
    Dost the things you changed were not to do anything with missing.

When did you last time had Injectors Cleaned, Checked Flow Pattern and Fuel Pressure checked?
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    Dost the things you changed were not to do anything with missing.

When did you last time had Injectors Cleaned, Checked Flow Pattern and Fuel Pressure checked?
    I understand what you are trying to say. Even I initially thought the problem would be with fuel injector or airflow etc. But these changes fixed my problem. I immidietely felt the differece. The missing problem on low rpm and higher gear ratio was 80% gone and using the High octane fuel fixed the rest of the problem.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I understand what you are trying to say. Even I initially thought the problem would be with fuel injector or airflow etc. But these changes fixed my problem. I immidietely felt the differece. The missing problem on low rpm and higher gear ratio was 80% gone and using the High octane fuel fixed the rest of the problem.
    Captain change in engine oil and filter etc makes car work out easily smoothes it out. Quitens it. Adding Octane just improves the combustions.

I actually feel i need my car to do injector cleaning. Missing at low RPM for my car turned out to be low pressure of fuel. But injectors play improtant role. I am happy you got it resolved

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The airfilter was dirty!

There it is. Take care of this car and it will love you back. Put a light foot it will give you amazing mileage. Floor it and it will become a jet. No wonder it is the best car in Pakistan.
    None of the brave deserve fair....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mobil 1 5W50 is best engine oil for Reborn with genuine Malaysian VIC filters.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The missing problem is back. I went to Sialkot this Sunday and it really annoyed the hell outa me. Like If the car was in the 5th and I was driving at 120 and then had to slow down for some reason down to 80. Now when I pushed down the throttle to speed back up again in the same gear (5th), it would jerk for 2-3 secs like if there was not enough torque or something. It wouldnt jerk if I pressed accelerator gently and speed up smoothly. So I had to shift down every time to avoid the jerks.

It does it with all the gears. It runs smooth if I shift at 3k rmp or higher but jerks if I shift earlier lets say at 2k rpm.

I am going to get it checked again, not from the 3s dealer this time. I ll Probably get a scan done like @afnan.bashir suggested earlier. Not sure where to go though. Any recommendations near DHA/Cantt/Gulberg.

P.S Mine is a Manual Reborn, not a Prosmatec.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

injectors..................

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

also check the condition of the gear oil, incase you have missed it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Injectors problem as suggested above.
    Also check fuel filter, plugs and ignition coils for missing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The missing problem is back. I went to Sialkot this Sunday and it really annoyed the hell outa me. Like If the car was in the 5th and I was driving at 120 and then had to slow down for some reason down to 80. Now when I pushed down the throttle to speed back up again in the same gear (5th), it would jerk for 2-3 secs like if there was not enough torque or something. It wouldnt jerk if I pressed accelerator gently and speed up smoothly. So I had to shift down every time to avoid the jerks.

It does it with all the gears. It runs smooth if I shift at 3k rmp or higher but jerks if I shift earlier lets say at 2k rpm.

I am going to get it checked again, not from the 3s dealer this time. I ll Probably get a scan done like @afnan.bashir suggested earlier. Not sure where to go though. Any recommendations near DHA/Cantt/Gulberg.

P.S Mine is a Manual Reborn, not a Prosmatec.
    As I told you there is high probability if injectors problem. Goto Magic Motor Model Town A block market and they will take care of it.

From them check the fuel pressure too. While checking fuel pressure check it at idle, raise rpm to above 3k for few minutes and see if it drops.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    As I told you there is high probability if injectors problem. Goto Magic Motor Model Town A block market and they will take care of it.

From them check the fuel pressure too. While checking fuel pressure check it at idle, raise rpm to above 3k for few minutes and see if it drops.
    Thanks, I ll definitely visit them soon.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default So I went to Magic Motors

One of the guys test drove the car. As soon as we got on the road, he was like. Plugs kab change karaye?? I said bhai abhy to 55k chali hai 100k se pehle to zaroorat hy nahy hai, so he was like acha. Then he said, tuning kab karai thy? he was saying "tuning k bad problem ayee hai na yeh" Last work was done on 40k. So I interrupted and said, tuning to 40k pe hoi thy. But the problem is recent.

We came back to the shop and he went on whispered some thing to the senior guy. Senior guy said, tuning karny paray gy. I asked if he could tell me what was wrong and whats causing the problem. He couldnt pin point any thing. Buss jee safai karain ge, sub saf ho jai ga to theek ho jai gy. I asked him what if after spending these 2.5k I still have the problem, then what. What is guarantee that it would fix the problem when you dont even know whats causing it.

So at this point I asked them to do some tests as thats what I supposed they would do to see whats wrong. So another guy brought a scanner but the scanning went fine and it didn't get any error codes on it.

I wasn't satisfied so I left. I think they knew what was wrong and it probably was a small job, but they wanted to go all the way and do a full tuning... what ever that is.

So any other recommendations please. Some one who is experienced and professional. There must be some one good honest mechanic in Lahore.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, just get the fuel injectors and plugs cleaned,if you want to get rid of this problem.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By tuning, they mean plugs cleaning, injectors cleaning, throttle body cleaning, air filter cleaning etc.

If scan is all fine, then the above mentioned tuning will resolve the issues.

Most probably the fuel path from fuel tank to injectors is choked, resulting in lesser fuel pressure/quantity. In case doing the injectors and throttle body cleaning doesn't resolve the issue, inspect the fuel filter inside fuel tank and all the fuel lines.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

use fuel system cleaner and injector cleaner from hyperstar....pour both bottles in half full fuel tank at different times and see the difference
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Take the car back to 3S, they have got proper tools and experience on thousands of cars. Never trust these roadies workshops total rip off and detrimental to car's life and durability.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do not go to 3s randomly. Take appointment mentioning your problem then they check things thoroughly.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go to Honda Pit Shop in Cavalry Ground. Your car is not maintaining the air / fuel ratio when you drive at slow speeds after driving the car at high speeds. Get your car throttle body serviced, this will solve your problem. You are facing the same problem which most of the CNG users face at low RPM when they use the car on CNG at low r.p.m after using petrol.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we own a 1997 honda civic vti,went to the same workshop and got it tuned,injectors cleaned,car started doing the same missing in lower rpms,when lets say your are driving in 5th gear at arounfd 2000 rpms, now what can be the probable issue? the air filter is good and the car has run around 10,000kms since it got its fuel filter changed.
    another issue going on with the car is that it knocks on cold starts but it goes away when it warms up,there is some during gear changes!
    im suspecting that the timing of the engine is at fault,the distributor is fully moved forward which i think is good for cng but not petrol,car is on cng but obviously not using for a long time. i dont know if its advanced or not! plz tell me if that is the issue!

sorry to the poster if you feel like im interrupting in your thread,hope you dont mind and plz share if you find any solution to the problem!
    thanks in advance!
    WANT TO KNOW THE ONLY SOLUTION TO OUR CONGLOMERATE PROBLEMS,?? its khilafat!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List