Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Atlas Honda's Civic has performed tremendously well in sales!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Atlas Honda's Civic has performed tremendously well in sales!

Dear all,
    I desperately need a new car. The new Honda Civic by Atlas Honda is attracting me a lot. Despite its high price it has performed very well among the public in sales. The old Honda Reborn was introduced in 2006 and replaced by the current model in October 2012. In all those years a total of 45,479 units were sold and to date, in about a year, about 14000 units have been sold of the new 2013 Atlas Honda Civic which is a very pretty performance (Why Honda Pakistan wants to double the production next year | PakWheels Blog)

Just compare it with its rival the Indus Motor's Toyota Corolla Altis. Back in 2011, Indus Motors reduced the engine from 1.8L to 1.6 in an attempt to sell the car with the hope that it will sell well because of the reduced price. People didn't even spit on it. Now this gives Indus Motors a clear message; stop playing games with us, improve your product and give us quality otherwise we will not even think of spitting on your Altis.

Indus only sells its XLi and GLi well. The 1.6 GLi Auto has attracted users well who want an automatic transmission. Virtually the 1.6 GLi Auto and 1.6 Altis Auto are the same cars. Same old Phit (SOS). Now this is what you call playing games. Get a 1.6 GLi Auto and 'convert' it into an Altis, my word, what a mess Indus Motors is giving us.

The new 2014 Corolla is being eagerly awaited by car users which is to be launched soon by Indus Motors in a few months. I hope Indus Motors learns some lesson with the failure of its Altis with its competition with the Honda Civic.

Compared to Indus Motor's crappy Altis, the Atlas Honda's Civic Reborn and the new 2013 Civic have a good resale value. If you do a survey of the market, you won't find many 1.6 Altis buyers but you will find a lot of Atlas Honda's Civic buyers even though it is an automatic. This is quite amazing.

Q.E.D (quod erat demonstrandum):​ The Atlas Honda's Civic is a better car than Indus Motor's Toyota Corolla Altis.

Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We have a monopolistic market and assemblers have divided market segments based on stheir strengths. Each company is holding its own ground. Indus has left the 1.8 field open for Honda. Look around, u will se many other such examples. Altis was an eye wash to start with and they will never compete directly with honda in that segment.

Honda has almost withdrawn from 1.3 segment. Suzuki has their own proven ground. None of them will change the recipe or disturb each other in any way.

Bieng the only car in the segment i am not surprised to know that civic is doing well.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda Civic has 2nd highest sales in Asia Oceana region.
    Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Altis has done very poorly in sales since long!

Quote Originally Posted by spectra View Post
    We have a monopolistic market and assemblers have divided market segments based on stheir strengths. Each company is holding its own ground. Indus has left the 1.8 field open for Honda. Look around, u will se many other such examples. Altis was an eye wash to start with and they will never compete directly with honda in that segment.

Honda has almost withdrawn from 1.3 segment. Suzuki has their own proven ground. None of them will change the recipe or disturb each other in any way.

Bieng the only car in the segment i am not surprised to know that civic is doing well.
    Mohtaram Spectra Sahib spectra,
    I'm a die-hard Toyota fan and my favourite line is its Lexus. I'm disappointed by Toyota Altis' performance. It came about in 2008 with a 1.8L engine and a manumatic transmission. Toyota thought that it would be received well by the public. People still preferred the Honda Civic then, for Altis did not attract them despite it being a 1.8 like the Atlas' Honda Civic.

What did Toyota do in 2011? It reduced Altis' engine from 1.8 to 1.6 and took out the manumatic transmission and replaced it with a full auto one. I interviewed a Toyota sales executive then and asked him why had Toyota gone with a step backwards. He told me that the main issue was price, that if they had gone with the same specs then the price of the vehicle would have gone up considerably. He told me that he wanted to make his product more price competitive. I suppose he was referring to making it attractive to the buyer so that he (the buyer) had to pay less as compared to Honda Civic. He was hoping his product to sell well by having a reduced price-tag. It did not happen.

For full three years, from 2008 to 2011, Toyota Altis and Honda Civic were in the same bracket; 1.8L. In those three years, Toyota Altis was not able to compete with Atlas' Honda Civic. It (Altis 1.6L) is still not being able to compete with Honda Civic with its reduced price-tag which was Toyota's original strategy to sell it because it came cheap. I would take Toyota Altis a downright faliure. What's more interesting is that 1.8 Altis did better than 1.6. Indus Motor's strategy of reducing Altis to 1.6 from 1.8 in 2011 was a market failure. People didn't like it. 1.8L Altis has a better resale value than a 1.6 one.

You can gather this fact by going in the used car market addressing the model years 2008 to 2011 for the 1.8L Altis against the Civic and the new 1.6L Altis since 2011. Honda Civic holds its value better amongst users than Altis.

Let's hope that Indus Motors learns from its mistakes and makes the necessary adjustments about its 2014 Corolla. I would like to see competition between the two, for it favours the end user (us).

If Indus comes with a good 1.8L Corolla in 2014 I will go for it, if not and it keeps the field open to Honda then I will go for the Honda Civic. Toyota will lose me as a buyer and it should realise that it is losing many like that with its marketing strategy.

Toyota is doing very well in the 1.3L market. Both Xli and Gli are doing well. They are price-competitive and give good quality for their price. The sad thing is that they don't come with an immobiliser in 2013 making it an easy prey to the highly professional car thieves of Pakistan. This is also true for Gli 1.6 and Altis 1.6; no immobiliser.

I need a new car very badly but have very limited choices because of the government's auto policy, but I have to buy a car. I've addressed the topic in quite detail in this post of mine: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...pakistan-today

Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supereagle View Post
    I'm a die-hard Toyota fan and my favourite line is its Lexus. I'm disappointed by Toyota Altis' performance. It came about in 2008 with a 1.8L engine and a manumatic transmission. Toyota thought that it would be received well by the public. People still preferred the Honda Civic then, for Altis did not attract them despite it being a 1.8 like the Atlas' Honda Civic.

What did Toyota do in 2011? It reduced Altis' engine from 1.8 to 1.6 and took out the manumatic transmission and replaced it with a full auto one. I interviewed a Toyota sales executive then and asked him why had Toyota gone with a step backwards. He told me that the main issue was price, that if they had gone with the same specs then the price of the vehicle would have gone up considerably. He told me that he wanted to make his product more price competitive. I suppose he was referring to making it attractive to the buyer so that he (the buyer) had to pay less as compared to Honda Civic. He was hoping his product to sell well by having a reduced price-tag. It did not happen.

For full three years, from 2008 to 2011, Toyota Altis and Honda Civic were in the same bracket; 1.8L. In those three years, Toyota Altis was not able to compete with Atlas' Honda Civic. It (Altis 1.6L) is still not being able to compete with Honda Civic with its reduced price-tag which was Toyota's original strategy to sell it because it came cheap. I would take Toyota Altis a downright faliure. What's more interesting is that 1.8 Altis did better than 1.6. Indus Motor's strategy of reducing Altis to 1.6 from 1.8 in 2011 was a market failure. People didn't like it. 1.8L Altis has a better resale value than a 1.6 one.

You can gather this fact by going in the used car market addressing the model years 2008 to 2011 for the 1.8L Altis against the Civic and the new 1.6L Altis since 2011. Honda Civic holds its value better amongst users than Altis.

Let's hope that Indus Motors learns from its mistakes and makes the necessary adjustments about its 2014 Corolla. I would like to see competition between the two, for it favours the end user (us).

If Indus comes with a good 1.8L Corolla in 2014 I will go for it, if not and it keeps the field open to Honda then I will go for the Honda Civic. Toyota will lose me as a buyer and it should realise that it is losing many like that with its marketing strategy.

Toyota is doing very well in the 1.3L market. Both Xli and Gli are doing well. They are price-competitive and give good quality for their price. The sad thing is that they don't come with an immobiliser in 2013 making it an easy prey to the highly professional car thieves of Pakistan. This is also true for Gli 1.6 and Altis 1.6; no immobiliser.

I need a new car very badly but have very limited choices because of the government's auto policy, but I have to buy a car. I've addressed the topic in quite detail in this post of mine: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...pakistan-today

Regards.
    Sir jee, aap tau chaa gayay hain. Zabardast.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since u r singing such praises for Honda, then why don't u go & buy it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What ever, Corolla is still the best selling car in the WORLD.

Did not understand the purpose of this thread.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post

It would be best seller in the REST OF THE WORLD, but at least in pak, it has worst quality as compare to civic or city, with a number of design defects and manufacturing faults.

Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Smell a "WAR" near by!
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqs29 View Post
    Since u r singing such praises for Honda, then why don't u go & buy it.
    Mohtaram aqs29 Sahib aqs29,
    I'm waiting for the launch of 2014 Corolla in the near future and then I'll choose my car. I don't want to go for either but I have to because of the limited choices of Pakistani car buyers. I want to go for a 2011 Mercedes C250 imported from the UK but the big problem there is the price. I'll have to spend a good Rs. 5.5 to 6.0 million for that. Then I have a very good choice of a 2003 or 2004 Prado which will cost me around 4.0 million. I will have to find a good one for myself.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post

Mohtaram mwm749 Sahib mwm749,
    Head-to-head the Civic is a better car than an Altis in Pakistan. No doubt today in the world Corolla is the best-selling car in history but in Pakistan it is not the case when you compare an Altis with a Civic. It is just the opposite. Indus Motors has managed the Altis poorly and in 2011 it reduced its engine to 1.6 from 1.8. Corolla Altis 1.8 was a better car than the current 1.6 Altis and today it (1.8) holds it value better than a 1.6. This is the purpose of the thread sir.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the car that you are referring too, which has sold over 14000 units in Pakistan, is a maj flop and has been replaced by an emergency FACE LIFT model round the world, but we on the other hand are in a habit of buying rejected things, also if there would have been a civic in 1.3/1.5L Cat then no body would have gone for the 1.8L versions, same thing happened to Altis (In any case both vehs are equally NO GOOD)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sjehsan View Post
    I Smell a "WAR" near by!
    Mohtaram Sjehsan sjehsan Sahib,
    Civic vs Corolla has always been an old war and the battle continues. It will get hotter when Indus Motors announces the launch of its new 2014 Toyota Corolla.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hasham30 View Post
    the car that you are referring too, which has sold over 14000 units in Pakistan, is a maj flop and has been replaced by an emergency FACE LIFT model round the world, but we on the other hand are in a habit of buying rejected things, also if there would have been a civic in 1.3/1.5L Cat then no body would have gone for the 1.8L versions, same thing happened to Altis (In any case both vehs are equally NO GOOD)
    Bhai Jaan hasham30 Sahib hasham30,
    Tau phir aap he batain k aik Pakistani buyer ko kon c garee lainee chaihay with a 3.0 million rupee budget?

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for Mercedes C Class 2006/7, or Mercedes E class 2004/5, in this price range

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The 'reliability' Toyota and Honda are famous for internationally doesn't exist here... The only 'reliable' cars available from both companies are the imported camry, land cruisers, accord, crv.
    We all know the local build quality is not at par with other countries, because there's no control or any sort of regulation here.
    NCAP ratings of foreign civics and corolla will be quite superior to those of our local cars.
    But at least safety equipment is becoming standard here compared to what we had 20 years ago, so we're moving in the right direction.
    As for the civics good sales, they've been very clever in launching their new model a year before the corolla and this way whoever wants to buy a top of the line corolla opts for a slightly expensive civic as he knows the corolla will be outdated next year.
    So if we want to compare sales, a genuine comparison will be acceptable by the end of next year when the new corolla is launched- and this too just top of the line corolla vs civic and city vs basic corolla.
    This will be an accurate comparison

Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kindly highlight DESIGN & Manufacturing defects, I will take it up with Indus.

Quote Originally Posted by usama1 View Post
    It would be best seller in the REST OF THE WORLD, but at least in pak, it has worst quality as compare to civic or city, with a number of design defects and manufacturing faults.

Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's not the intent, frankly I am against judgements based on personal perceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by sjehsan View Post
    I Smell a "WAR" near by!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hasham30 View Post

bro the usa model was a flop. the civic launched here is the asian model, and the asian model was announced a few months before the usa facelift was launched. now im sure that HONDA RnD department has quite capable professionals and well informed so they wouldnt launch a car that wasnt much lauded. having said that i would like to add that this model, the asian one, has in fact gone over the mechanical tweaks and adjustments that the usa facelift did.
    AND BRO THIS 2013 FACELIFT HONDA CIVIC IS BACK IN THE GAME. AMONG HIGHEST MOST RECOMMENDED CARS. ONE OF THE TOP THREE CAR IN ITS SEGMENT, and guess what, the 2014 corolla isnt there. so even if indus to go against its blood and launch altis with all the gimmicks and proper quality, the 2013 reborn would still be a better car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supereagle View Post

Regards.
    Bhai aap tou ghussa hee kar gaye. JO aap ne kaha hai aur jo mein ne kaha hai uss mein lafzon kee tadaad ka hee farq hai bas. Corolla kee koi tareef nahin kee mein ne aur na he honda kee dum pe payoon rakha hai. Jo reality hai humari market kee, wohi batayi zara kam alfaaz mein jis kee waja se honda kee sale achi jaa rahee hai. Yeh assemblers aik doosray se panga letay hee nahin hein. Aap iss baat ko jitna marzi khol ke bayan kar lein.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List