Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Help Civic 2000 model swap D15B 3stage V-tec came with its CVT Trans ECU P2J-J62

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    mohsinuniversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Help Civic 2000 model swap D15B 3stage V-tec came with its CVT Trans ECU P2J-J62

    i need help firends
    i have honda civic 2000 i m a self Auto mechanic recently swapped D15B 3stage Vtec engine in it.
    engine came with its CVT Auto Transmission and the ecu P2J-J62 which is an auto ecu .
    engine swapped succesfully no fault codes but the problem is with cvt transmission wiring and the cvt wires are not connected anywhere
    i have no idea where to connect them because transmission is not working does it require a TCM ??? or what any help will be appreciated and i will be very thankful let me out of this problem i want to use it with its auto cvt transmission so it can perform well thank youHELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1327688

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    star2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,427
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsinuniversal View Post
    I got the P2j-j62 ecu with this swap and today i found the tcu which is originally for this cvt transmission tranny code is M4VA and its tcu which i found today is 28100- PEJ-013 ..
    Finally so the problem is how do i connect it with my ecu and the dash wiring infact what i need to do know to get my cvt tranny work .
    You need the complete diagrams.... and the important factor is, to which extent the wiring harness is complete. Do you have grips for TCU ?
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliam_786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro ur ecu is right one must be some wiring missing u dont need tcu. tcu is built-in in all obd-1 hondas ecu.
    i used same ecu for my d15b dual vtec bcoz there was no ecu available for manual tranny almost all d15b dual vtec engine come with auto tranny ecu,
    Muhammad Ali Murad

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    mohsinuniversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by star2 View Post
    You need the complete diagrams.... and the important factor is, to which extent the wiring harness is complete. Do you have grips for TCU ?
    yes i have got the tcu Grips with wiring and yes i need the proper wiring diagram for this tcm so i can connect it with my P2j-j62 ecu .

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    mohsinuniversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliam_786 View Post
    bro ur ecu is right one must be some wiring missing u dont need tcu. tcu is built-in in all obd-1 hondas ecu.
    i used same ecu for my d15b dual vtec bcoz there was no ecu available for manual tranny almost all d15b dual vtec engine come with auto tranny ecu,
    My ecu which came with this swap is P2J-J62 are you sure you are using this ecu? without any TCM ? and you have perfectly working Honda CVT transmission which code is M4VA ?

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabbir.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    627
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Civic EK3 vi 3 stage VTEC + PGM-FI

    This engine actually came with a CVT transmission and it is the best combo (3 stage vtec + cvt) to achieve the magical figure of ~28km/l at 60km/hr on a flat road.

    You have got the right ecu as well for the engine. Unfortunately the person dismantling the car back at the country of origin have not included the under dash harness in which the TCM is included.
    Now you have to look for the cabin wiring which have the TCM so that you can try your luck in making it 100% operational.

    I hope you have got the 96-00 civic manual and you have read the CVT part carefully. As per the 96-00 civic manual there are two controller entities in 96-98 civic one known as the TCM (transmission control module) and the other ECM (engine control module or the ECU). While in 99-00 civics the TCM came built-in the ECU/ECM referred to as the PCM (powertrain control module).

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328869
    96-98 civic TCM and ECM block diagram

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328870
    96-98 TCM and ECM connectivity diagram


    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328871
    99-00 civic PCM block diagram

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328872
    99-00 civic PCM connectivity diagram

    N.B.: These diagrams directly apply to the USDM civics, color codes and some features may varry than the JDM variants.


    Now the question is which ECM have you got (P2J-J62)? Does it need a separate TCM or it is the 2 in 1 unit.
    The wiring loom which has been cut and not connected anywhere can be an answer to many questions, please note their color codes and try to match it with the TCM wires you have recently acquired.

    I have got the under dash harness and a separate CVT TCM (probably from the 96-98 civic) with connectors and pigtail wires, if you need them you can contact me. TCM part number is 28100-P2C-904 F.

    Apart from the TCM you may also need the following items though these are secondary things

    1. Shift lever assembly with P R N D S L and a Multimatic switch (selection switches also comes on the steering wheel)
    2. Also a new cluster with the same shift indicator and ECONO light.


    Regards
    Honda Enthusiasts Against Ricer Trash

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,587
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    TCM ??? WHAT IS THAT ?? Does CG 125 come with such gadget ??
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    star2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,427
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    TCM ??? WHAT IS THAT ?? Does CG 125 come with such gadget ??
    Yes, actually Honda CG125's hyper-CVT transmission is controlled with a 54 pin TCU which is mounted right under the meter. Honda CG125 ECU is so advanced that even if you plug off and throw in water both the ECU and TCU the bike continues to accelerate really smooth and gives you 45 km/liter in city
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,587
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    fir mai tay honda ee lay saan !
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,735
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    The OBD-II Have TCU As Separate...I Have Mentioned That Already That OBD-1 Got This Thing Bult-in...Not The OBD-II...

    There Are So Many D15's Enough to Confuse Anyone....!!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,735
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabbir.1 View Post
    This engine actually came with a CVT transmission and it is the best combo (3 stage vtec + cvt) to achieve the magical figure of ~28km/l at 60km/hr on a flat road.

    You have got the right ecu as well for the engine. Unfortunately the person dismantling the car back at the country of origin have not included the under dash harness in which the TCM is included.
    Now you have to look for the cabin wiring which have the TCM so that you can try your luck in making it 100% operational.

    I hope you have got the 96-00 civic manual and you have read the CVT part carefully. As per the 96-00 civic manual there are two controller entities in 96-98 civic one known as the TCM (transmission control module) and the other ECM (engine control module or the ECU). While in 99-00 civics the TCM came built-in the ECU/ECM referred to as the PCM (powertrain control module).

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328869
    96-98 civic TCM and ECM block diagram

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328870
    96-98 TCM and ECM connectivity diagram


    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328871
    99-00 civic PCM block diagram

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328872
    99-00 civic PCM connectivity diagram

    N.B.: These diagrams directly apply to the USDM civics, color codes and some features may varry than the JDM variants.


    Now the question is which ECM have you got (P2J-J62)? Does it need a separate TCM or it is the 2 in 1 unit.
    The wiring loom which has been cut and not connected anywhere can be an answer to many questions, please note their color codes and try to match it with the TCM wires you have recently acquired.

    I have got the under dash harness and a separate CVT TCM (probably from the 96-98 civic) with connectors and pigtail wires, if you need them you can contact me. TCM part number is 28100-P2C-904 F.

    Apart from the TCM you may also need the following items though these are secondary things

    1. Shift lever assembly with P R N D S L and a Multimatic switch (selection switches also comes on the steering wheel)
    2. Also a new cluster with the same shift indicator and ECONO light.


    Regards

    USDM And JDM's Have Total Diff Patterns ....The Models Also Differ
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabbir.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    627
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    The OBD-II Have TCU As Separate...I Have Mentioned That Already That OBD-1 Got This Thing Bult-in...Not The OBD-II...

    There Are So Many D15's Enough to Confuse Anyone....!!
    It is the other way round, isn't it?
    Honda Enthusiasts Against Ricer Trash

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabbir.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    627
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    USDM And JDM's Have Total Diff Patterns ....The Models Also Differ
    Models are different but the wiring patterns are more or less the same, exceptions are there though. Interestingly, when there is some sort of variation owing to the fact that the USDM cars are LHD the manual gives the detail of the RHD separately.
    I am great admirer of these manuals when I was retrofitting ABS in my car, not even a single wire color code was different neither its position on the connector.
    As an another example; Climate control system was never offered in the 92-00 USDM civics so this system can not be found in these manuals, no wiring example can be found on the internet either. When i was wiring the climate control system i bought two wire harnesses for it, one looked almost complete and in good condition the other one had few wires cut in the middle but it had the an extra wire which was absent in the other good harness and this alien wire was also there in the pigtail wires attached with the connector of the heater panel which i bought separately.So removed the wire from the damaged harness and included it in the other harness, the climate control system is running fine since day one without any issues.

    So I will suggest Mr.Mohsinuniversal to do try his level best before giving up and be helpful to others who are trying the same until and unless someone remove the whole wiring from the half-cut of the car having this engine with the same tranny.
    Honda Enthusiasts Against Ricer Trash

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,735
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabbir.1 View Post
    It is the other way round, isn't it?
    I Don't Think So Its Other Way Around.....!!

    The ECU Mentioned Is OBD2 And Its CVT Trans SUre COmes With TCU.....!!

    That's OBD-1 SImple Auto Which Have No TCU....!!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    mohsinuniversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabbir.1 View Post
    This engine actually came with a CVT transmission and it is the best combo (3 stage vtec + cvt) to achieve the magical figure of ~28km/l at 60km/hr on a flat road.

    You have got the right ecu as well for the engine. Unfortunately the person dismantling the car back at the country of origin have not included the under dash harness in which the TCM is included.
    Now you have to look for the cabin wiring which have the TCM so that you can try your luck in making it 100% operational.

    I hope you have got the 96-00 civic manual and you have read the CVT part carefully. As per the 96-00 civic manual there are two controller entities in 96-98 civic one known as the TCM (transmission control module) and the other ECM (engine control module or the ECU). While in 99-00 civics the TCM came built-in the ECU/ECM referred to as the PCM (powertrain control module).

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328869
    96-98 civic TCM and ECM block diagram

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328870
    96-98 TCM and ECM connectivity diagram


    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328871
    99-00 civic PCM block diagram

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1328872
    99-00 civic PCM connectivity diagram

    N.B.: These diagrams directly apply to the USDM civics, color codes and some features may varry than the JDM variants.


    Now the question is which ECM have you got (P2J-J62)? Does it need a separate TCM or it is the 2 in 1 unit.
    The wiring loom which has been cut and not connected anywhere can be an answer to many questions, please note their color codes and try to match it with the TCM wires you have recently acquired.

    I have got the under dash harness and a separate CVT TCM (probably from the 96-98 civic) with connectors and pigtail wires, if you need them you can contact me. TCM part number is 28100-P2C-904 F.

    Apart from the TCM you may also need the following items though these are secondary things

    1. Shift lever assembly with P R N D S L and a Multimatic switch (selection switches also comes on the steering wheel)
    2. Also a new cluster with the same shift indicator and ECONO light.


    Regards
    Can u inbox me your contact number
    And thanks for the diagrams

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    mohsinuniversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    I Don't Think So Its Other Way Around.....!!

    The ECU Mentioned Is OBD2 And Its CVT Trans SUre COmes With TCU.....!!

    That's OBD-1 SImple Auto Which Have No TCU....!!
    Yes thats an obd 2 swap ye its required a tcm to control the cvt tranny if someone can find tcm pinouts for me so i can made this work with my p2j-j62 ecu .
    Tcm which i have is 28100-PEJ-013
    But i need pinouts.

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    mohsinuniversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    TCM ??? WHAT IS THAT ?? Does CG 125 come with such gadget ??
    Capsat i think this is some serious issues

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    mohsinuniversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    I Don't Think So Its Other Way Around.....!!

    The ECU Mentioned Is OBD2 And Its CVT Trans SUre COmes With TCU.....!!

    That's OBD-1 SImple Auto Which Have No TCU....!!
    I have civic 2000 models which factory auto and i am using that auto tranny with my d15b dual v-tec engine ofcourse the worst driving feeling i am having so i really need to use its Cvt tranny so this swap can perform like it should be

  19. #38
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabbir.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    627
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default A/T controls (96-98 civic CVT)

    Here is series of pictures from the 96-00 civic manual. These pictures show the complete detail of how the TCM is wired with different sensors and also with the ECM.

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1329025

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1329026

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1329027

    HELPPPP civic 2000 model Swap D15B 3stage Vtec  came with its CVT Trans ECU P2JJ62 -1329028
    Honda Enthusiasts Against Ricer Trash

  20. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabbir.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    627
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsinuniversal View Post
    Can u inbox me your contact number
    And thanks for the diagrams
    I have PM'ed you my contact details.

    Moreover, I have just checked the A/T control unit (TCM) 28100-P2C-904 F, both the connectors A-26 pin and connector B-22 pin have got the same color coded wires as shown in the pictures in the above post #38.

    Please also check the wires of the TCM you have got and then color match (also check the size of the wires) with the unattached wires as you discussed in your opening post. If you find the wires between the ECM and TCM, you are almost done with this job.
    Honda Enthusiasts Against Ricer Trash

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,735
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Check Diagram Provided And Match COlor Codes.....!!

    Mate The ECU And TCM....!!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •