Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My new Honda Civic ? Polishing and Waxing Experts please help!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My new Honda Civic ? Polishing and Waxing Experts please help!!!

Assalam Alaikum, all right friends finally I managed to get my dad?s Honda Civic Model 2013 NO NO NO it is NOT 2013, its 2004 (perhaps what is called the eagle eye civic), but for me it?s more than the new model. It was in a very bad shape, I got its bumpers painted again, got the whole car compounded and now I have it for about a month now, a few questions , I need help of car polishing experts here..

1. Please have a look at the headlights in the attached pics, I want them to look like new, please tell me what should I do? and from where in Lahore?

2. Should I wash my car daily or does it hurt the car?s paint when washing it daily? I mean in Lahore dust gets accumulated nearly everyday on the car and I?m really concerned on washing it daily, please any ideas?

3. On petrol pumps when I get my car washed I also often tell them to polish it, the polish they use is something like ?Cosmic?, is this thing ok to do?

4. I want my car to keep looking like new, I can spend money for the purpose on polishes and waxes like those of Meguiars, 3M, but please tell me how to deal with these products? how often and where in Lahore?

5. Please have a look at the rims and tyres, I was at Montgomery Road and a person there offered me to paint the rims and assured me that they would look like new, when he was done, the rims did look very nice but now they are again looking untidy? Any ideas please

6. The gear panel as shown in the pics has also got its silver color faded from the edges/sides, I want it to look like new, again any ideas??

7. The inside of window frames have started to erode, please have a look at the window frame, should I apply a wax here to stop the erosion??

8. As already stated I am in Lahore

Thanks a lot in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay for the detailing part get in touch with Detailing crew or Ahmed bhai (ahmed yar's auto spa) you can find them on facebook and also can see their work on https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bod...reams-part-2-a They have all high end products and offer professional detailing services too
    For the headlights you can get them opened, cleaned and buffed and get them properly sealed to make sure there is no moisture going in
    For the rims Lahore members can help better
    the interior trim in Honda loose their color with usage you can respray them or get them wrapped with some vinyl
    and for the rusty parts you need to sand them and apply touching paint (kalaam) and Honda's rust alot have seen alot of Honda cars having rust here in Khi mostly are Citys even my own car has some pretty bad rust damage

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fahad bhai thanks a lot for your reply, can you or someone else please if possible tell me of more sources in Lahore who do a fine job of detailing..I went through the 'car care and detailing dreams thread' but it went over my head, its extremely huge, anybody else???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kati.bati.90 View Post
    Fahad bhai thanks a lot for your reply, can you or someone else please if possible tell me of more sources in Lahore who do a fine job of detailing..I went through the 'car care and detailing dreams thread' but it went over my head, its extremely huge, anybody else???
    Post your questions in car care and detailing dreams so that experts can guide you!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kati.bati.90 View Post
    Assalam Alaikum, all right friends finally I managed to get my dad?s Honda Civic Model 2013 NO NO NO it is NOT 2013, its 2004 (perhaps what is called the eagle eye civic), but for me it?s more than the new model. It was in a very bad shape, I got its bumpers painted again, got the whole car compounded and now I have it for about a month now, a few questions , I need help of car polishing experts here..

1. Please have a look at the headlights in the attached pics, I want them to look like new, please tell me what should I do? and from where in Lahore?

2. Should I wash my car daily or does it hurt the car?s paint when washing it daily? I mean in Lahore dust gets accumulated nearly everyday on the car and I?m really concerned on washing it daily, please any ideas?

3. On petrol pumps when I get my car washed I also often tell them to polish it, the polish they use is something like ?Cosmic?, is this thing ok to do?

4. I want my car to keep looking like new, I can spend money for the purpose on polishes and waxes like those of Meguiars, 3M, but please tell me how to deal with these products? how often and where in Lahore?

5. Please have a look at the rims and tyres, I was at Montgomery Road and a person there offered me to paint the rims and assured me that they would look like new, when he was done, the rims did look very nice but now they are again looking untidy? Any ideas please

6. The gear panel as shown in the pics has also got its silver color faded from the edges/sides, I want it to look like new, again any ideas??

7. The inside of window frames have started to erode, please have a look at the window frame, should I apply a wax here to stop the erosion??

8. As already stated I am in Lahore

Thanks a lot in advance
    1) You need you open these headlights and give them to any light buff wala. He can do that in around 500.
    2) Washing the daily with a designated car shampoo and drying it properly with a microfber towel will do no harm.
    3) You must leave the service sations permanently. An undercariage wash is fine but dont let them touch the paint. The best way is to DO IT YOURSELF.
    4) As a begginer you should buy the following products.
    Meguiars ultimate polish(dont use this too often-once in 1.5 months)
    Meguiars white wax
    Meguiars ultimate wash and wax
    Meguiars tire endurance gel.
    Wash mitts and microfiber towels.
    I dont know where to get these in lahore but you can try the dc shop.
    6) Wash these with a mixture of shampoo and water and apply meguiars interor protectant.
    7) For the erosion apply a thin layer of paint. you can can it for 300 from your denter...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List