some findings:

civic ll not face problem due 2:

1- the recent inflow of money in PK

2- the cars r now investments here

3- civic is not a honda like a White Elephant

4- bank/financial support

5- 2 hav something latest

6- civic fans r civic's only

7- the gap between civic's prtiuce & other cars will b supported by the banks if needed (this point is most imp[orttant these days which i hav heard for most of the timnes).

so

not making thoghts etc i wanted 2 share wat people think for IT,

& members v must show talks of tohers 2
    2 make good decisions, noit always & only wat v think
    For Riding Jackets & Gloves, Armors, Saddle Bags, Knee & Elbow Guards etc: https://www.facebook.com/PbcMotorSport?fref=ts

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had to leave early yesterday so my analysis was not complete. Zahoorasif has rightly pointed out about rear space. I am 6' and my head was banging on the roof. Not comfortable at all. What will happen when our pakistani brothers will put on thick Type R Seat covers

Dash Board gives a cockpit feel for sure from drivers seat but passenger side is bland abrren. Its way too big and looks overdone to me. That space could have been given to rear passngers for leg room and roof line could have been remodelled to accomodate passengers in comfort, which should have been the priority rather then overdoing the design to make it look radical. The music system has messed up whatever good was there on the dash.

SOME FACTS ABOUT NEW CIVIC -656688

About the handbrake. I liked it because of its placement and uniqueness coz one on my spectra is more towards passenger side which is inconvenient at times. No ashtray inside was a shock for me. Imagine smoking inside with window open to throw ash outside and AC blowig chill around
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda Atlas is "Behoush". They are showing quite a different Sound system setup at their web site and also showing manual A/C as Auto A/C.
    Always Remember Allah while you are standing, sitting or lying down.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@malik115

Malik gee being an economist i have to add. what one thinks is not what the people think and you have no idea of capital net inflows into the country at this time for sure. and few weeks ago cars were and investment and a bad one and now a days civics are white elephants. This research is not done by me but about civic and the cars but several of my freinds own showrooms and or import cars. So i know. Though i can not name the sources and exact figures for personal reasons.

@spectra.

This was very informative. a very detailed analysis that back everyones theory. But still many will buy at a status sysmbol to show that they own the latest car in the market. Now a days car leasing is at its worst as leasing companies continue to loose money as peopel are no paying there dues as her cycle wale ne bhi to gari lease karwai hui thi. so they are now reposessing cars. but people who can afford it and want to show of will definately buy. Civic fans true civic fans might (yes might as i dont know what other poeple think but probility clause remains) still reconsider to buy older models.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From behind the dual exhaust looks very cool but as soon as you get close to the car half of it disappears under the bumper. Looks liek an afterthought as well (for the type-R boys)

When you see the car for yourself you'll see what i mean....
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the distance between the driver and the wind screen is too long

u cant really see the bonnet and thus have no idea where the cars ends

not a good thing to drive in rush hour and park in tight spots which are common in isl.
    nothin good in life is for free

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MrHot
    I think they have priced it purposefully in way to eliminate middle class buyers. Because the disctinction of owning a CIVIC was lost in lat 2 3 years. Seth sahab and his staff, both driving same cars

The newly rich and other status seekers will sure buy it because they dont care about these practicalities.

Repeat sale are not expected because its more of a fashion and status statement then a practical car. Such fads dont last long. Financialy it will be a mess for Atlas Honda in the long run. City is also struggling. Lets hope for the best.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its always hard to accept radical changes. only those survive who have good adaptability.
    in 2nd hand car market, civic prices'd definitely rise just like baleno's did after the dawn of liana.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well..grt analysis is going on.....

i think the new civic is not upto the expectations of people..many people are disappointed by it and also price is a big factor.......i think if they had priced it reasonably it would have been a success.....and i also feel for the smokers who will not find an ash tray inside the car..............

.i have a question though...

why there are two ac buttons ???...what is the difference between the both ???
    nothingh last forever,,even cold november rain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Forget the rest - there is no ash-tray after paying 1.5 million. what else can be said.... and its not even an option like in the german cars.....but they have regarded us smokers still by putting a lighter there. silly !!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mrhot

bari baat hai sir u hav bcom an economist
    dr ishrat itni umar par ja k bhi na hua, bro many people r importing and doing things like that, who were doing else just a short time ago, & if u think that they can help econimists in giving & issuing statements then . . . . .
    the roads of LHR will show u ? wat happens next,,,,, 2ndly i know banks r 2 repossess cars but u know that level reaches 2 cultus or bari chalaang lagaaoi to baleno etc.
    in civic this is not a strong issue, 2ndly u ll c how people ll demand civic from Rentals & the showroom owners who r involved in this & ll definetly do it their selves,
    its v easy 2 say something, but if they wan 2 b in market with market etc etc they do watever they find ok? ok?
    about investments i ld like 2 say that this is pakistan, whr a SRO can change whole scenario ok? i hope u know it, the incoming of multinationals has changed many things of our lives but still this is pakistan, whr a bad event in KHI can do anything, whr any blockage in talks with india can hit imports/exports

hope u got ma point,
    i just wan 2 say that here many many people who hav been observing the economy of pakistan cant say anything i mean thjey say but u know they put many stars with the statement like:

if this then this also
    if that then that may b & that also can happen & that cannot,

so . . .

@ spectra

bro from back screen to the end of front screen, it has made it a bigger part as compare to old models, engine has basically goine under that frame ( from frnt scr. 2 back screen, if v consider it a part)
    so managing the engine, the interior i must say dashboard had 2 get this much space,
    this is badsically engine space
    so how could the leg space b given there instaed of engine,.,
    wat do u say ?

2ndly spectra bhaai, if v just consider 13.3lakhs unit, don u think it has less diff. with old 1s
    & this ll b a past issue after some time ?

i definately agree, honda is bacvk 2 giv civic as a class,.,

need ur comments & @ szuberi

plz say something
    For Riding Jackets & Gloves, Armors, Saddle Bags, Knee & Elbow Guards etc: https://www.facebook.com/PbcMotorSport?fref=ts

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

biggest diasappointment was that when me and @Damriol went to go see the car his head hit the roof when he sat in the back seat.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would like to add the following points:-

1. Honda wants to reposition the Civic in Pakistan. They dont want tacky real estate agents (turned rich over night) to drive civics like they currently do. They want it to be an Upscale sedan

2. They want to change the image of civic. Civic should not by any means be compared to Corolla/Lancer/Liana etc or any other alternative in the market.

3. Enhance the sales of City; previously the gap between Civic Exi/ Honda city was negligible. The discontinuation of Exi (lower price civic models) is a move to increase the sales of Honda City.

@ Sameer:

Bro, I personally think that toyotas have penetrated the Govt Sector automobile purchases more than any one else. You will find more XLi's & 2.0d's etc screeching around with Sarkari Tags than any other car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

market has its own dynamics and people do make mistakes in reading them.

look for trade deficit, increase in discount rate & interest rates at lesat for future car market.

govt. and manufacturer are telling for an increase in production capacity which means a lower price in future

Corolla, Lancer, civic are the competitor brands but people do compare an compete city with corolla - time to change this

If civic is a family car then it is very well placed without ash-tray, two kids in the back and no 3 people with 6ft+ hieght

middle class is the driving class of economy, the main beneficiary of consumer financing! if Honda eliminates this class for civic then who will buy accord and migher?

a more close price analysis is required - working...
    soa sunhar ki, aik lohar ki!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ sprinter

do uy the interest rates
    in the begining of auto financing ?
    wat were they @ that time & right now ?
    wats diff.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

civic ko Qaid ho gaee ? lolz
    SOME FACTS ABOUT NEW CIVIC -656761

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ malik
    In the very begining I can recall from 26-28% but then it droped to 8% and below in some cases in the peak consumer financing period (very recently) till the rise again to 14-16% now.

IMHO for corporate customer or buying cars for rental business etc. this rate is still not too much in terms of return from this investment ;so we may come to know about increased booking of civic via banks etc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

@sprinter you say its a family car thats why it has no astrays, then why have they given a cigarette lighter in it? probably for cooking..... haaan.

Usually whenever a new mode is launched it has some problem like problem with the wheels of last Corrola model. These tend to be removed as people take their cars for first service. I think problem like lesser head room in rear or no ashtray would be solved.
    When Honda launched first VTi in 90s what waws its price then?? and what was the going prices of other cars at that time. I think the situation at that time was same like now.
    You know why people are more disappointed, cause honda reduced many features in the model launched here in Pak whereas our expectations were too high. I think in the previous models there were many features available in international markets which were not available here in Pak. and its true in all car models. we never get all features in Pak to reduce the price. Otherwise Civic's price in Dubai, which is a duty free country , is 1.5 million. If Honda would have launched the same car here in Pak the price would have gone to 1.8 - 2.0 million dur to duty and taxes.
    Pakistan Zindabad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hsnmz

exactly for the cooking

probably you know that there are many gadgets related to babies like car bottle warmer etc. use this connection other examples include mobile charger, cd player...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@spectra

agreed

@malikGee

Bhai Jaan I am working as a Global Econmy Analysit and Financial Technical Analysit and a forex and futures trader with server bank and corporate firms aborad for quite some time. This is my main profession and bread and butter. From what i earn from abroad i invest in my other busniesses like I import agricultural and heavy earth moving machinery. and some other things also like the upcoming workshop.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would like to add that the increase in consumer financing and related products and the mushrooming of institutions offering such products coupled with the slashing of interest rates has messed up the economy!

The raging inflation rates are a clear indication of this and its about time that the SBP raises the interest rates and discourages excessive financing; this would be only way to curtail the double figure inflation!

I dont see why we have to fall in this rat race/debt trap/Capitalist crap, Fake growth, fudged figures, false promises! tsk!

Woe is us!

PS Sorry I got a little carried away!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List