8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default honda civic 2002 vti IMA sensor

assalam o alaikom.. few months back i went to enercon here in karachi at shahrah e quaideen.. what he did he during tuning of the car, fingured IMA sensor inside the glove box.. car is 65k driven, genuine petrol.. now coming to issue i am facing.. whenever i start the car overnight or after so much time that car engine gets cold, car drops rpm at cold temperatures... once car reaches the optimum running temperature, this problem vanishes.. i went to honda drive in, they did everything, scanned n checked every parameter of the car which turned out to be 100% normal. they were co operative n kind enough that during diagnosis they even checked the tappets gap..

finally i searched over the net n found out that at cold engine temperatures, car is supplied with more air plus more fuel to sustain rpm around 1200-1300. then ecu controls the air n fuel as the engine temperature rises. so i found out that he fingured Idle Mixture Adjuster (IMA) n he reduced petrol supply by disturbing its original value.. that sensor must read 0.5 - 4.5 V for correct operation.. n that sensor is reading value in this specified limit but car stalls at cold engine temperatures.

now please can anybody tell me how to re adjust IMA sensor as per factory settings.. i love my car.. n this thing really annoys me.. n yeah one thing more, i went back twice to that enercon guy but he was so retarded that he misbehaved n said his CHOTA to chk it... i denied n asked CHOTA that let ur USTAAD do the job, upon listening this, so called USTAAD got furious n said that i would not touch this car, i would not do anything. i literally felt very bad n left with no hoped from that retarded..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salaam brother
    The IMA adjustment only effects fuel mixture when engine is at full operating temperature .To set your idle fuel mixture you need to put a exhaust gas analyse machine on it to do..
    Idle rpm is is controlled by IACV idle air control valve it raises rpm when the engine is on choke and stabilise it when warmed up.
    It draws air in from the throttle body through a pencil size hole..are you sure he hasn't removed your throttle or IACV and accidentally blocked the opening with sealant or poor fitting gasket?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyhow the problem was not with ima sensor n related thingys

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Problem turned out to be of fuel filter because once car is cold car ecu signals to have rich fuel n air mixture and hence it developed problem

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

even have the cars engine coolant temp sensor changed!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List