0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Best/ Recommended Oil for Honda Civic Vti 1600 CC

Dear members I want an expert opinion on an issue. I have been using Shell Helix HX5 G 10W40 (CNG) "Yellow Dibba" in my Honda Civic VTi for the last 6 years (January 2008, the time I purchased the vehicle till to date). I change oil with Guard Oil Filter maximum at 2500 to 2700 KM and replace air filter with Guard Air Filter at every 3rd oil change.
    Through this forum i have come to know that Honda uses Caltex oil (don't know the type/grade/specifications/ etc.) as its original/genuine oil. Since then I am in confusion should I change my cars next oil to Caltex or should i continue using the oil i m using right now.
    If you people suggest to shift the oil then what oil of caltex should i buy with all specifications and grades otherwise i continue with what I am doing. Oil experts especially @Xulfiqar and all members having experties in this regard are requested to guide please.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by penta567 View Post
    Dear members I want an expert opinion on an issue. I have been using Shell Helix HX5 G 10W40 (CNG) "Yellow Dibba" in my Honda Civic VTi for the last 6 years (January 2008, the time I purchased the vehicle till to date). I change oil with Guard Oil Filter maximum at 2500 to 2700 KM and replace air filter with Guard Air Filter at every 3rd oil change.
    Through this forum i have come to know that Honda uses Caltex oil (don't know the type/grade/specifications/ etc.) as its original/genuine oil. Since then I am in confusion should I change my cars next oil to Caltex or should i continue using the oil i m using right now.
    If you people suggest to shift the oil then what oil of caltex should i buy with all specifications and grades otherwise i continue with what I am doing. Oil experts especially @Xulfiqar and all members having experties in this regard are requested to guide please.
    Brother keep your current routine its best no need for experiments in your civic.

HX5 could be easily used to 5,000 km in Karachi.

Also do check the viscosity before draining / changing the oil.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Brother keep your current routine its best no need for experiments in your civic.

HX5 could be easily used to 5,000 km in Karachi.

Also do check the viscosity before draining / changing the oil.

Viscocity kaisy ceck hoiti?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir mobil1 semi synthetic use krein .. 10w - 40 . its one hell of a oil. increased mileage. less noise and more pleasure. rs 2800 i guess is its price. do not use guard oil or air filter. these are meant for suzuki's . always use genuine oil and air filter. my car is 1 lakh driven . and its petrol driven. it rolls on road like a baby.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raza115 View Post
    sir mobil1 semi synthetic use krein .. 10w - 40 . its one hell of a oil. increased mileage. less noise and more pleasure. rs 2800 i guess is its price. do not use guard oil or air filter. these are meant for suzuki's . always use genuine oil and air filter. my car is 1 lakh driven . and its petrol driven. it rolls on road like a baby.
    Brother Guard works good for short intervals and they r excellent for their price we just used to praise imported products and criticize local ones its a fashion now.

Guard one sells for 190 rupees and so called genuine filter sells for Rs. 1400 and let me assure you use of genuine filter will not make VTi a Reborn or CL-9 even the best filters like FRAM tough guard and Mobil 1 do not increase even a 1% performance.

Similarly guard airfilter sells for Rs. 180 and so called genuine sells for 1,650/- so basically you can change 8 guard air filters at price of 1.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Viscocity kaisy ceck hoiti?
    Touch oil with your fingers you can feel if its still providing lubrication or is rough like sand.

Dont worry any oil change 'chota' can check that.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

come on - not the finger test again, if the oil has become thick like tar or super thin (adulterated) then the oil is pretty much used up or super dirty now.

in general 5000 kms is an average oil change interval - keep it at that.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best/ Recommended Oil for Honda Civic Vti 1600 CC - 1345828d1390811199 liqui moly mos2 most incredible experience 1091 200 100

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shift to LM 10/40 MOS2.
    First time change it after 4~5K only.
    For next time, 6~8K depending upon the engine health and fuel quality.
    Guard filters are never good. Try to find better ones from other companies but should be original and not locally made.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There was an old filter making firm in Pakistan called Qaim, those guys actually had some pretty nice filters, I bought a few of them and cut them open to see their material and workmanship, they were perfectly acceptable. Not too shabby, not too overdone. Paper media was intact and glued properly. Dont know about now as people tell me that in the past 5 years everything went downhill at the speed of light.

Dont know about now - however I did actually find a place in Landhi making all sorts of 2~10 number filters. They would spray and print all sorts of names on them including fleetguard, Micro, Genuine Honda blue, toyota black etc.

They had a distinct finish problem that I could see from outside, the crimps were very badly done - but the packaging was 95% close to real. Their biggest internal problem was the media they used, fungus infested paper media with holes.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u can easily switch to Petromin Ultra 7 & buy guard oil filter & air filter,
    For Karachi environment, it is best, also i would suggest u to replace ur air filter at 10 K while engine oil & oil filter at 5K

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    There was an old filter making firm in Pakistan called Qaim, those guys actually had some pretty nice filters, I bought a few of them and cut them open to see their material and workmanship, they were perfectly acceptable. Not too shabby, not too overdone. Paper media was intact and glued properly. Dont know about now as people tell me that in the past 5 years everything went downhill at the speed of light.

Dont know about now - however I did actually find a place in Landhi making all sorts of 2~10 number filters. They would spray and print all sorts of names on them including fleetguard, Micro, Genuine Honda blue, toyota black etc.

They had a distinct finish problem that I could see from outside, the crimps were very badly done - but the packaging was 95% close to real. Their biggest internal problem was the media they used, fungus infested paper media with holes.
    @Xulfiqar
    how can we determine whether the filter is original or 2 number. today i had to purchase plugs for my generator, i bought NGK plugs and Japan was engraved on them, but i could doubt its genuineness as the tips were not very refined. Anyhow what i feel is, locally made product do perform but as they are made up of lower quality material, their cost should also be cheeper but when Made in Japan is engraved, their cost also increases to give considerable profit to copy write violators.
    Sometimes i even doubt the genuineness of the parts sold at Honda 3S. It's the luck i think that one gets a good genuine thing from an honest shopkeeper which seems to be very hard to find at least in Karachi as i have'nt find anyone yet for my Honda.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar
    how can we determine whether the filter is original or 2 number. today i had to purchase plugs for my generator, i bought NGK plugs and Japan was engraved on them, but i could doubt its genuineness as the tips were not very refined. Anyhow what i feel is, locally made product do perform but as they are made up of lower quality material, their cost should also be cheeper but when Made in Japan is engraved, their cost also increases to give considerable profit to copy write violators.
    Sometimes i even doubt the genuineness of the parts sold at Honda 3S. It's the luck i think that one gets a good genuine thing from an honest shopkeeper which seems to be very hard to find at least in Karachi as i have'nt find anyone yet for my Honda.
    Brother tell me what do u need and I will refer u to a Honda shop.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Brother tell me what do u need and I will refer u to a Honda shop.
    Honda Genuione plugs, right now and front chrome of hud

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List