Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic (2008) Rpm meter flash

Aoa everyone!
    Hope you all are doing good. Ive come across an issue today, needed advice and professional help asap.
    Today, i took the car out and noticed the rpm meter flashing after abt 8 secs. The rpm/tachometer/odometer along with speedometer flashes for a sec and then resets to normal position. Even if its on ignition II it doesnt stop flashing. I took it to honda point (lhr) and asked for help. They didnt attach it to the computer to check anything out, instead they went with the diasgnosis step. Everything seemed normal apart from the rpm needle which on its way back gets stuck at arnd 1.5rpm mark and starts to vibrate (they didnt mention any error code appearing)They even checked the battery charge level, the terminals and the wires which connected the meter but cudnt figure out anythng. Afterwards, they tuk the meter out and attached it to another car which resulted in the same flashing after 8 secs (even on ignition II). Hence everyone said to change the meter from honda for Rs. 31,500 ONLY. Lol
    The alternative method is to get the meter repaired from "Jublee meter shop" on montogmery road or get a second hand meter from billal gunj and get the ic changed with the current one.
    Im attching a pic while it flashed. It flashed with handbrake, seat belt and oil light on while rpm went from 1 or so to 0 and back to 1.

Need to know if anyone else went through the same problem. If so, what options do i have? Shall i go n try getting it repaired or does anyone think theres a different problem altogether? The car is rarely driven, last week i got it washed n waxed and i didnt experience anything back then, so i dont knw how it all happened wothout driving or doing anything watsoever. Kindly help and guide!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 458_Italia View Post
    Brother dont go anywhere yet.. Let me check a few shops here.. If i dont find anythng intersting, ill let you knw.. The prob with our local electricians/mechanics are they always think they r 100% right.. And try convincing you regardless if thry r wrong.. Whereas, its the other way arnd.. The guy who tried repairing my meter he so called knew eveeythkng.. Jab kaam kiya tu.. Aho.. Lol.. If i find too many variations here i might just go n get a new one.

Sure! I've got the meters reserved until further notice Lahore is very cheap compared to FSD!
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 458_Italia View Post
    Aoa everyone!
    Hope you all are doing good. Ive come across an issue today, needed advice and professional help asap.
    Today, i took the car out and noticed the rpm meter flashing after abt 8 secs. The rpm/tachometer/odometer along with speedometer flashes for a sec and then resets to normal position. Even if its on ignition II it doesnt stop flashing. I took it to honda point (lhr) and asked for help. They didnt attach it to the computer to check anything out, instead they went with the diasgnosis step. Everything seemed normal apart from the rpm needle which on its way back gets stuck at arnd 1.5rpm mark and starts to vibrate (they didnt mention any error code appearing)They even checked the battery charge level, the terminals and the wires which connected the meter but cudnt figure out anythng. Afterwards, they tuk the meter out and attached it to another car which resulted in the same flashing after 8 secs (even on ignition II). Hence everyone said to change the meter from honda for Rs. 31,500 ONLY. Lol
    The alternative method is to get the meter repaired from "Jublee meter shop" on montogmery road or get a second hand meter from billal gunj and get the ic changed with the current one.
    Im attching a pic while it flashed. It flashed with handbrake, seat belt and oil light on while rpm went from 1 or so to 0 and back to 1.

Need to know if anyone else went through the same problem. If so, what options do i have? Shall i go n try getting it repaired or does anyone think theres a different problem altogether? The car is rarely driven, last week i got it washed n waxed and i didnt experience anything back then, so i dont knw how it all happened wothout driving or doing anything watsoever. Kindly help and guide!

AOA, same happened to my bro's steermatic(now i am the owner, on my way lhr to multan, initialy electrician told me its security system issue which was dismentled, but after some tym it happened again, and all it was a bettery issue...replaced the bettery and problem was solved. do check your bettery if its passed years than get it replaced...but get it confirm first

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umairqureshi1 View Post
    AOA, same happened to my bro's steermatic(now i am the owner, on my way lhr to multan, initialy electrician told me its security system issue which was dismentled, but after some tym it happened again, and all it was a bettery issue...replaced the bettery and problem was solved. do check your bettery if its passed years than get it replaced...but get it confirm first
    Batterys perfect mash Allah say.. Hooked the meter to another car.. Same issue, as in defectve meter.. This issue is not so common bt it does exist in 8th gen civic. Plus yar yaha k electricians bhe aisay nikamay hein.. U hav to search for a gud one.. Unfortunatly i cudnt find one to reslve my issue. Thank u for ur input bro!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try on-board diagnostics first with a OBD2 terminal attached. Search for the specific code. The needle should not die like this. Its flickering for a reason.

F-CAN or B-CAN are down and/or limping. Debug them first:

Push and hold the SEL/Reset
    Turn headlights ON
    Turn ignition switch to II
    Within 5 seconds, turn headlights OFF, then ON, then OFF again
    Within 5 seconds, release SEL/Reset then push three times.

You can exit this by turning the ignition off.
    Invest in a factory service manual.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List