Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar

Thread: Is it Rust or Mud in the Radiator (civic vti)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Is it Rust or Mud in the Radiator (civic vti)

I have been noticing mud like deposition on the radiator cap cover for about the last 2 months at looks like mud but is greasy n oily . WHAT CAN IT BE RUST OR DUST GOING IN TO THE ENGINE. Its 250 k driven. secondly a spark plug gets burnt every 1000 or 1200 km only of one cyl.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if plain water is used in radiator it is SLUDGE summer shro honay sai pehlay ap radiator clean aur cooling system ko flush karwa layn sparpk plu jo short ho raha hai woh kisi 1 particular cylinder ka ho ga waheen par sai ap ki head gaskit ka intekal honay ja raha hai so as precaution ap head gaskit cooling system flush radiator cleaning aur radiator cap change 1 sath karwa layn thermostat ko wapas lagwa layn aur cooling fans ko auto switch par connect kar layn garmi sai pehlay khurcha kar layn garmeyon mai sakoon rahay ga radiator mai coolant ko correct ratio mai water k sath use karayn ya caltex ka coolant directly use kar layn
    freedom of speech (less country family & religion)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes I use distilled water instead of collant
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

seems like combination of rust and sludge. Is your engine oil decreasing or does it has white sludge in it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP please do as PKT has suggested, distilled water is not coolant water surely corrodes the cooling system
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yup it is reducing oil. I used to use engine coolants but they used to block the radiator passages quite often that's why I switched to distilled water plus coolant using lesser coolant. I for see a complete rebuild

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the benefits of distilled water
    Distilled or Deionized water is basically the best thing you can hope for. Everything they advertise about coolant is very misleading.

Non-Conductive - Yes coolant may be less conductive than distilled water but pure water is actually a very poor conductor. What conducts electricity is the dissolved ions in the water. No matter how pure the water or coolant may be, anything will gains ions very quickly and become very conductive from contact with the metal blocks.

Corrosion inhibition - Galvanic corrosion happens when conflicting metals are mixed together and redox reactions happens. However in this day and age of watercooling you can't find aluminum or stainless steel waterblocks anymore. Usually everything is copper or nickle plated copper and using these two metals will not cause galvanic corrosion. Having corrosion inhibitors actually do nothing.

Better performance - Basically water is the best thing you can use. The random stuff they add is never a better heat conductor than water. Whatever tests they publish is probably cherry picked just to support their claims.

Algae inhibiting - Algae growth can be prevented by a silver coil. However algae growth probably won't happen anyway if you don't contaminate your equipment with tap water or expose your loop to direct sunlight. I personally never had algae growth despite never using any preventive measures.

Now drawbacks of coolant. Yes! they have drawbacks and I bet you didn't think about that.

Stains and residue - Colored liquids will stain tubes, your hands, and anything you spill it on. While all coolant even the colorless ones will leave some powdery residue when dried. Imagine what happens when you spill it on your motherboard or in your case. You need to rinse that stuff good.

Coolant dries slower - most coolant is basically a glycol solution. A drop of liquid will not dry for days and can become conductive really quickly when exposed to metals and dust. I personally got screwed over when some liquid I spilled 3 days ago shorted my entire system. I cleaned it as best as I could and left it to dry for 3 days just in case. Basically the non-conductive fluid and blah blah blah whatever they try to upsell me didn't do a damn thing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just get your radiator washed and then use some good quality coolant not desi type being cheap and also was the entire cooling system by inserting the pipe in the water circuit and wash it thoroughly and for spark plug issue try to consult some good member
    signature space for sale

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by janleva View Post
    the benefits of distilled water
    Distilled or Deionized water is basically the best thing you can hope for. Everything they advertise about coolant is very misleading.

Non-Conductive - Yes coolant may be less conductive than distilled water but pure water is actually a very poor conductor. What conducts electricity is the dissolved ions in the water. No matter how pure the water or coolant may be, anything will gains ions very quickly and become very conductive from contact with the metal blocks.

Corrosion inhibition - Galvanic corrosion happens when conflicting metals are mixed together and redox reactions happens. However in this day and age of watercooling you can't find aluminum or stainless steel waterblocks anymore. Usually everything is copper or nickle plated copper and using these two metals will not cause galvanic corrosion. Having corrosion inhibitors actually do nothing.

Better performance - Basically water is the best thing you can use. The random stuff they add is never a better heat conductor than water. Whatever tests they publish is probably cherry picked just to support their claims.

Algae inhibiting - Algae growth can be prevented by a silver coil. However algae growth probably won't happen anyway if you don't contaminate your equipment with tap water or expose your loop to direct sunlight. I personally never had algae growth despite never using any preventive measures.

Now drawbacks of coolant. Yes! they have drawbacks and I bet you didn't think about that.

Stains and residue - Colored liquids will stain tubes, your hands, and anything you spill it on. While all coolant even the colorless ones will leave some powdery residue when dried. Imagine what happens when you spill it on your motherboard or in your case. You need to rinse that stuff good.

Coolant dries slower - most coolant is basically a glycol solution. A drop of liquid will not dry for days and can become conductive really quickly when exposed to metals and dust. I personally got screwed over when some liquid I spilled 3 days ago shorted my entire system. I cleaned it as best as I could and left it to dry for 3 days just in case. Basically the non-conductive fluid and blah blah blah whatever they try to upsell me didn't do a damn thing.
    What you have written is probably about a for liquid cooling for computers.
    And only two points are relevant to cooling in cars.
    Corrosion inhibition and Better performance.
    Coolants contain rust inhibitors, although I cant prove it but experience tells me so.
    And coolants do raise the boiling point of water hence increasing performance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the above written description of deoinised water is all very good, but in cars we have a little problem of - dissimilar metals, nylon, rubber, shockwaves etc.

You need a coolant.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the above written description of deoinised water is all very good, but in cars we have a little problem of - dissimilar metals, nylon, rubber, shockwaves etc.

You need a coolant.
    the part where he says the spark plug of the same cylinder goes bad every 1k km, can that be a bad head gaskit?
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When it come's to coolants and lubricants stick to what the manufactures recommend ..
    And for the oily residue in the in the coolant system that could be contamination from a previous head gasket failure or oil put in the radiator in error just make sure brother you do all your checks before you start pulling your engine apart.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yep - a compression and leak down test should be done.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Looks like a typical HG failure.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a little problem here is that this engine is all aluminium - where is this "iron oxide" forming?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Xulfiqar may be the radiator is all rusted internally ( dual nail desi) will get a compression test and HG checked btw the car runs like a charm no loss of power only this mudy radiator cap and sparkplug issue is bugging me

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Solved and fixed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

combination of both

I have been noticing mud like deposition on the radiator cap cover for about the last 2 months at looks like mud but is greasy n oily . WHAT CAN IT BE RUST OR DUST GOING IN TO THE ENGINE. Its 250 k driven. secondly a spark plug gets burnt every 1000 or 1200 km only of one cyl.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Solved and fixed
    Pls post details
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    Pls post details

here is the procedure and solution of the problem
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...il-suggestions

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List