0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Work required at 100,000 kms in Civic P/T 2008 Model

I am going to buy a 8th Generation Civic, 2008 model..Prosmatec. Driven 96,000 km's.
    I know it's driven alot but the reason of buying is the cheap price i'm getting it in.
    The owner doesn't have any idea what work is done and what is needed to be done. He just said 'Engine ka kaam honay wala hai'
    Can anyone guide me what things i should get checked/replaced after i buy the vehicle? And approximate cost too if possible

Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

96000 Km is Nothing for civic.. If car is driven by care then you need to spend maximum 50,000 for normal 100k check up..
    Pakistan <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if the previous owner has done 80k maintainenance..then no need to worry..if not then still dont worry..as said above 96k is nothing for a civic..these engines can easily go to 300,000 kms if maintained properly..regular oil changes and keeping an eye on the coolant is key to long life of the engine..and if u can afford better to get it maintained by honda.. hope that helps

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    if the previous owner has done 80k maintainenance..then no need to worry..if not then still dont worry..as said above 96k is nothing for a civic..these engines can easily go to 300,000 kms if maintained properly..regular oil changes and keeping an eye on the coolant is key to long life of the engine..and if u can afford better to get it maintained by honda.. hope that helps
    thanks bro, can you please guide me what stuff is done at the 80k maintenance?
    and at what mileage do the clutch plates and timing belt need to be replaced? or they are replaced only when needed?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you should not go for it even if you are getting this for 10 lacs. As if a civic is not kept nicely it is a pain to keep. Instead of buying a cheap civic and spend 2 lacs on it get a good civic from start.

I would recommend you buy one which has honda maintenances history.
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Point to worry is that previous owner does not remembers about the oil changes, which is deadly. Normally only piece of work required on vehicles at 90,000km is gear oil change, steering oil change, brake flush and maybe work required on foundations. What if, it has sludge in it, rings are gone, valves are bad. I would not prefer a car above 150k with owner who maintained it well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    I think you should not go for it even if you are getting this for 10 lacs. As if a civic is not kept nicely it is a pain to keep. Instead of buying a cheap civic and spend 2 lacs on it get a good civic from start.

I would recommend you buy one which has honda maintenances history.
    Quote Originally Posted by talhawaleed View Post
    Point to worry is that previous owner does not remembers about the oil changes, which is deadly. Normally only piece of work required on vehicles at 90,000km is gear oil change, steering oil change, brake flush and maybe work required on foundations. What if, it has sludge in it, rings are gone, valves are bad. I would not prefer a car above 150k with owner who maintained it well.
    Thanks for advice brothers, I can easily borrow the car for 2-3 hours before buying. The owner is out of town for 5 days, and i would deal after that. Can you please advice if i take the car before buying, for what stuff i should check? I mean the things or problems if they exist i should not buy it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by itsme_waqas View Post
    Thanks for advice brothers, I can easily borrow the car for 2-3 hours before buying. The owner is out of town for 5 days, and i would deal after that. Can you please advice if i take the car before buying, for what stuff i should check? I mean the things or problems if they exist i should not buy it?
    take a mechanic along to check if engine does not have sludge and rings are ok. and that its not accident ed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhawaleed View Post
    take a mechanic along to check if engine does not have sludge and rings are ok. and that its not accident ed.
    bro i just came to know that the Car is consuming Engine Oil too, what work is required to to tackle with this issue?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if its well kept then go for it . u can judge the condition !! first of all check the catalytic .. it usually gets blocked. so it costs more thn 70k. better go to honda dealership and ask them to check the mounts and catalytic converter.. 80k maintenance includes

oil filter n oil
    air filter
    timing belt
    fuel filter
    bla bla bla.. dont remember exactly but it costs 70+ including labour. so better to judge the estimate before buying car. else it could be an expensive bill lol.. :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i wont suggest u then to buy it .. car is consuming oil due to worn out piston rings if im not wrong. and i wont recommend to get into this s**t

bro i just came to know that the Car is consuming Engine Oil too, what work is required to to tackle with this issue?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Then don’t buy the car, as this implies that piston rings are gone and it is a work which one has to do after 250,000km. he never changed the oils on time and there will be many more damages which you cannot see.

Not every owner has a knowledge, time and money to fix every issues in car. People normally knows how to drive the car and ignore many things thinking that new buyer will take care of it and will drive as long as car can stay on road.

This car will be more of a problem keeping it and you will have to rectify many things, not worth the time and effort. Secondly Honda parts are expensive so money which he is leaving will go back into fixing all these issues.

Second school of thought is that there are people who are in hunt of these sorts of cars provided its not accident-ed but these people knows exactly how to fix the problem, technically they understand everything and then they resell the car on higher price again.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List