Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Civic Prosmetic 2003 - Engine Overheating and Water Level in Radiator drops

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help Civic Prosmetic 2003 - Engine Overheating and Water Level in Radiator drops

As in the title. Yesterday i was driving around and saw the Temp goes all the way up.. I immediately stopped the car and let it cool down then i top up the water (normally i got collant in there) . After cooling down and topping up the water the car was fine. In the morning i checked the radiator again and water level dropped not much as yesterday but it dropped . I filled up the water and the Reserve drove around and then i checked again and the water level dropped again.. During the drive today once i saw the Temperature went up to 75% almost. Again I parked the car in shade and let it cool down (didn't top up the water ) Started the car and the temp leve was at 50% middle..

I got some one to check it he is saying may be the gasket is gone but how can i make sure ? and where can i get a proper gasket and cost ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No CNG,

After the Gasket Replacement, I drove the car for almost 2 hours with AC On and it didn't heat up. the next morning i checked the Coolant level an it only dropped a little but again the Reserve was empty .

I am suspecting that the Radiator Cap is faulty and causing this issue or may be the Reserve bottle is faulty. I will check it again in the morning.

A question for everyone. Do you think there is somewhere i can go which can run a computerised test on my vehicle and tell me the condition. Like Coolant pressure test , exhaust, tunning etc . I want to get some proper information on the car condition ?

How much will the test cost ?

Do you think i should invest in a OBD scanner if yes which one ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any one ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The coolant might have taken place of the air in the system. Fill up and then see how much coolant level drops.
    None of the brave deserve fair....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    No CNG,

After the Gasket Replacement, I drove the car for almost 2 hours with AC On and it didn't heat up. the next morning i checked the Coolant level an it only dropped a little but again the Reserve was empty .

I am suspecting that the Radiator Cap is faulty and causing this issue or may be the Reserve bottle is faulty. I will check it again in the morning.

A question for everyone. Do you think there is somewhere i can go which can run a computerised test on my vehicle and tell me the condition. Like Coolant pressure test , exhaust, tunning etc . I want to get some proper information on the car condition ?

How much will the test cost ?

Do you think i should invest in a OBD scanner if yes which one ?
    Normally Honda and Toyota workshops have that computer and they attach it with parallel connector wire beneath the dashboard. But I'm not sure whether your 2003 civic has a port for connecting computer or not.
    As far as water leakage is concerned, check the rubber or seal of your radiator cap, water bottle should be checked and as you have 11 years old car you should get its radiator serviced if not done yet.
    Did your car boiled the water when it was overheated?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't know about the boiled water part.

and sorry I didn't update the thread because i was involved in a collision.

People think home streets are race tracks and people who actually don't own the vehicle (drivers) just don't take the extra precautions. Please take extra precautions specially around kids and in the morning everyone wants to reach early but better late then never.

Anyway the bumper was all messed up but fortunately its fixed now . Can someone tell me how much its going to cost to repaint the whole bumper ? The painters are asking 2K for the front bumper only. ( Its Black metallic )

For the radiator issue ..
    1. I am going to get the reserve bottle checked
    2. Replace the radiator cap. (its old anyway)
    3. I was thinking of pouring down some liqui-molly radiator leak fix thing. (any one got any experience with it )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List