10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Black carbon deposits in exhaust tail pipe of Honda civic EXI 2006

Can anyone help me regarding very high carbon deposits in exhaust tailpipe of my Honda civic exi 2006. My car has completed above 100000 Km. I got tuned my car engine twice from a good mechanic who changed all four spark plugs with new ones and also adjusted valves clearances and throttle body cleaned but the problem is still not being solved. Some people say that if car mostly drives in city then high carbon deposits/soot in exhaust tail pipe is normal as the engine does not reach full operating temperature and thus not allowing the carbon to burn out completely. But I am not satisfied as I have seen other same cars but there tail pipe are almost clean. My spark plugs are also found partially covered with black carbon but not oily. Do I need to check its sensors e.g; oxygen sensor, MAP sensor etc. This problem is also causing my engine oil getting black very soon. Please advice me what are the main causes of this problem and how can I solve it. If it is due to rich air-fuel mixture then what are the reasons and remedies. Engr. Khawaja Jodat. Wapda town Lahore. 03008457344.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

plugs shouldn't be black, but the exhaust is always black
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get it checked from a 3S. probably car is running rich but not sure....ask the experts.
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any pictures of said items?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your car is taking too much petrol, mean highly fuel consuming..........
    you must need to do its tuning in proper way.........

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are absolutely correct as my car petrol consumption is high and it is only doing 8 Km per liter. Would you please suggest me any good workshop who can diagnose the actual fault. I always hesitate to go to Honda 3S workshops as they are very very expensive. Can I take it to Toyota 3S workshop and can they be able to check my Honda. However, what are the causes of high carbon deposits in exhaust tail pipe please mention some of it. I myself is an chemical engineer and maintain my car very well. I recently got its wheel alignment and front shocks changed with new ones and also changed all the worn out front suspension parts like bushes, ball joints as well as changed power steering oil, brake oil and radiator coolant with fresh one. Automatic transmission oil is in good condition with original Honda oil DW1. I use caltex havoline formula 10w/30 engine oil. Lastly, please tell me where the fuel filter of Honda civic exi 2006 locates. Some says its under rear seat and some says it has no fuel filter. Please give me suggestions.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok I will send some pictures of exhaust tail pipe with high carbon soot or deposits. Thanks for your prompt reply and support.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes I know that exhaust tail pipe is always black but in my case the carbon is coming and settling in exhaust tail pipe like powder. I am very upset with this problem so please suggest me some good tips.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is the proper method of tuning Honda civic exi prosmaetic 2006 EFI engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its exi, that means no oxygen sensor... could be disturbed mixture set screw(electrical part) behind the glove box...? just a thought, if everything else comes out to be ok.
    could be clogged air passage. could be badly operating injectors. could be ecu signal problem or wiring shortage...etc etc.

start from cheapest remedy and then go higher until you find the issue...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khjodat View Post
    What is the proper method of tuning Honda civic exi prosmaetic 2006 EFI engine.
    goto magic motors in model town near gourmet bakery. they have some useful tools to check efi cars.

Sent from my TCL A909 using Tapatalk 2
    Sharing is caring....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are absolutely correct as my car petrol consumption is high and it is only doing 8 Km per liter. Would you please suggest me any good workshop who can diagnose the actual fault. I always hesitate to go to Honda 3S workshops as they are very very expensive. Can I take it to Toyota 3S workshop and can they be able to check my Honda. However, what are the causes of high carbon deposits in exhaust tail pipe please mention some of it. I myself is an chemical engineer and maintain my car very well. I recently got its wheel alignment and front shocks changed with new ones and also changed all the worn out front suspension parts like bushes, ball joints as well as changed power steering oil, brake oil and radiator coolant with fresh one. Automatic transmission oil is in good condition with original Honda oil DW1. I use caltex havoline formula 10w/30 engine oil. Lastly, please tell me where the fuel filter of Honda civic exi 2006 locates. Some says its under rear seat and some says it has no fuel filter. Please give me suggestions.
    the people who said it has no fuel filter they are completely illiterate people, let them leave,
    one one more thing i'd like to say, may be your ring piston and head valve also worn out, and its pulling out oil too, it could be a reason for more carbon deposit....
    does it reduce oil?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its fuel filter/ fuel pump situated under hand break cover...........

fso
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am facing the same problem with my exi pros ..hate the petrol avg aswell i am also getting 6 to 8 km ..all my belts are changed but still
    r3act

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get your spark plugs changed if you are facing any missing or slow starting. Clearly your car is drinking more fuel than normal. Get it tuned.
    Apart from this problem, as your car has done 100,000 kms, also it is summer now so you should use thicker oil 20w50 instead of 10w30. In case your car is reducing oil by using thicker oil 20w50 oil reduction problem is minimized.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get the throttle body serviced! make sure that the air filter isnt choked! get the timing of the car checked!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai jan, you have a prosmatec. 8km/l is fine. you will not like me after this but this is how it is.

your car is fine. please change your petrol pump.

since you are in wapda town, i suggest you take fuel from TOTAL pump located near LDA office. Use it for a week at least and then update us

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lahore ka pata nae but total has the most chuss kissam petrol! gadi knocking shuru kar dehti hai!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aamirq View Post
    lahore ka pata nae but total has the most chuss kissam petrol! gadi knocking shuru kar dehti hai!
    exjactly

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir I agree with you. Petrol pump selection is a big issue. Last time I got filled my Honda civic exi prosmatic fuel tank from Total petrol pump near Kalma chowk and the average of my car reached up to 9 ~ 9.5 Km/liter from 8 Km/liter. The quality is probably the same at almost all pumps but the quantity seems to be the main factor. Most of the fuel station deliberately set their pumps meters run faster. Afterwards I got my tank filled from caltex petrol pump near wapda town and i was surprised to notice that the fuel gauge needle moved less upward as compared to filling at Total petrol pump. So I totally agree with you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List