Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 95 - Performance of/on AC

Salam,

I'm having an issue when using the AC while driving on petrol - I have a dolphin with a 98 exi engine [carby] and my primary issue is that the cooling is just about sufficient, not as blasting as I'd expect it to be.

Especially when considering the cooling I've experienced in a friends 1000 CC 2005 Santro. Was thinking of switching the entire kit for that of a Santro - Advice or ideas anyone?

More importantly, my fuel pump stops working when using the AC for around 10km, especially on hotter days. This never happens on CNG, and I've yet to get it properly analyzed, but am thinking that it may be to do with some water from the ac dripping on the inside and onto the fuel pump itself, thus causing it to be become temporarily malfunction.

Thoughts?

E. Saville

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

slayzen
    I bought 95 civic (1500cc carby) last december. I also faced problem with its ac.when running at 1800-2000 rpm, cooling was good but at low rpm no cooling. I took it to a very skilled peson and he after checking told me compressor is weak. He also told me its the manufacturing fault in 95 civic as they have used a small and thin condenser which puts a lot of stress on compressor when pressure rises. Also compressor is installed without temp/pressure sensors. He told me that if I choose to fix the company fitted system, it will work great for one season and next year the same thing will happen. In short he suggested to replace condenser with much bigger and thicker one with sendan new model compressor having temp/pressure sensors for full safety. Gonna cost me about 20-22k. He was already working on 2 95 civics changing their grills and compressor. He also showed me the company installed grill and its really small and thin. I also invite other 95 civic owners to share their experience. hope this will help.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

98 EXI engine is not carby...

low air throw from vents is due to clogged inner cooling coil...

overall cooling problem can be weak compressor, dryer or old refrigerant...Chinese refrigerant probably..

Fuel pump is installed in the fuel tank...u need to get it checked...
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by electromans View Post
    slayzen
    I bought 95 civic (1500cc carby) last december. I also faced problem with its ac.when running at 1800-2000 rpm, cooling was good but at low rpm no cooling. I took it to a very skilled peson and he after checking told me compressor is weak. He also told me its the manufacturing fault in 95 civic as they have used a small and thin condenser which puts a lot of stress on compressor when pressure rises. Also compressor is installed without temp/pressure sensors. He told me that if I choose to fix the company fitted system, it will work great for one season and next year the same thing will happen. In short he suggested to replace condenser with much bigger and thicker one with sendan new model compressor having temp/pressure sensors for full safety. Gonna cost me about 20-22k. He was already working on 2 95 civics changing their grills and compressor. He also showed me the company installed grill and its really small and thin. I also invite other 95 civic owners to share their experience. hope this will help.
    the original system has overpressure control systems and also a dump valve on the compressor body itself - most A/C mechanics disable it because its quick money for them and 90% of customers only want "tight cooling"

you can replace the condenser with a unit from a 1997 civic VTi - its more capacity. You would need to have the discharge line remade to fit the condenser. The rest is the same, you would need to add some more refrigerant to compensate for the larger capacity. The original system also works fine - the usual culprit in low performance is a bad condenser fan.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the original system has overpressure control systems and also a dump valve on the compressor body itself - most A/C mechanics disable it because its quick money for them and 90% of customers only want "tight cooling"

you can replace the condenser with a unit from a 1997 civic VTi - its more capacity. You would need to have the discharge line remade to fit the condenser. The rest is the same, you would need to add some more refrigerant to compensate for the larger capacity. The original system also works fine - the usual culprit in low performance is a bad condenser fan.
    Xulfiqar brother an over temperature kill switch is also part of the compressor, may be the mechanics bypass it too along with the pressure switch.
    Honda Enthusiasts Against Ricer Trash

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Appreciate the assistance brothers.

For the record, it was likely a 97 engine as it was totally carby, with the fuel pump installed on the outer manifold, which is why it was easy to check.

Thankfully though, I'm no more a victim to the issue as I've sold the car and have upgraded to a 99 exi instead.

Thanks once more.
    E. Saville

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro till 95 honda pk supplied civic with carby d15b3... from 96 (changed shape) they launched civic with a mpfi d15b...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List