Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Scanning my Honda civic exi prosmatec 2006 due to poor fuel economy.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Scanning my Honda civic exi prosmatec 2006 due to poor fuel economy.

Today I took my car to Magic Motors in Model Town Lahore for carrying out the scanning of engine to find the fault of poor fuel economy and cause of high carbon deposits in exhaust tail pipe. After scanning the senior technician told me that he has noticed three faults. Firstly, the injectors seemed to be malfunctioning and require ultrasonic cleaning which will cost around Rs 2000. Secondly, the sensor in air filter housing is likely malfunctioning and need adjustment or replacement if found faulty. Thirdly, the throttle body sensor seem to be malfunctioning and require adjustment or changing if found faulty. Lastly, fuel filter require cleaning which is located inside the fuel tank. All these jobs shall be done within Rs 2500. So I paid them the scanning charges and got the appointment to get these jobs done by Magic Motors next week.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

are you running it on petrol or cng? what economy are you getting?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes it is only on petrol. I am getting only 8 KM per liter or maybe less. Do you have an idea what is wrong with my car....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

with AC in lhr exi pros does 8km/ltr
    my cousin bought this car 0 meter. kept it on petrol through out.sold it few months back
    my colleague bought it from him
    and i made the 8 km/ltr thing clear to him so he does not come crying to me
    if no engine check light on,general tunning was enough. plugs/throtle/ics/n maybe injectors service.
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your car is giving you the economy it should,you made a wrong choice of car if fuel economy was one of your concerns

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But what about the high carbon soot coming or settling in exhaust tail pipe. Is this due to disturbed or rich air-fuel mixture. Please comment.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khjodat View Post
    But what about the high carbon soot coming or settling in exhaust tail pipe. Is this due to disturbed or rich air-fuel mixture. Please comment.
    oops i missed this part,yes it is actually due to rich mixture get it adjusted but don't expect this car to go beyond 9 km/l

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But how the air-fuel mixture is adjusted in Honda civic exi prosmatec 2006. Is that controlled by MAP/throttle body sensor. Somebody told me that throttle body/MAP sensor condition is not displayed on scanner and it can only be checked by removing it and then check it with multi meter. Please throw some light on it. Khawaja Jodat Chemical Engr Wapda Town Lhr.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

throttle body sensors can be tested using the multimeter

If you want to access those sensors through the diagnostic port, you would need to go to a Honda Dealership

MAP info can be obtained from OBDII
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

every car in the world has a black exhaust pipe its the nature of them as its the coolest part of the system. Your testing at magic motors sounds useless because the only way to check the exhaust for excessive CO or NO2 etc is to shove an exhaust probe in the exhaust pipe and test. If its not normal - then you go ahead with repairs. Otherwise leave it alone.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Going through all this time what I have extracted that normally the local workshops have very little knowledge of checking and diagnosing the faults of EFI engines. So my verdict is that I should go to a Honda 3S workshop instead of wasting my time and money. Can anyone suggest me which Honda 3S dealer is good i.e, Honda city near Kalma chowk or Honda Fort near Mozang Chungi or Honda Point in DHA or Honda Pit workshop in Johar Town.

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today I took my car to Magic Motors in Model Town Lahore for carrying out the scanning of engine to find the fault of poor fuel economy and cause of high carbon deposits in exhaust tail pipe. After scanning the senior technician told me that he has noticed three faults. Firstly, the injectors seemed to be malfunctioning and require ultrasonic cleaning which will cost around Rs 2000. Secondly, the sensor in air filter housing is likely malfunctioning and need adjustment or replacement if found faulty. Thirdly, the throttle body sensor seem to be malfunctioning and require adjustment or changing if found faulty. Lastly, fuel filter require cleaning which is located inside the fuel tank. All these jobs shall be done within Rs 2500. So I paid them the scanning charges and got the appointment to get these jobs done by Magic Motors next week.
    Appointment? So now we're getting appointments to get our MAP cleaned? You know Magic is a form of trick, a slight of hand... just saying...
    Also they were supposed to monitor your car's exhaust gases as well, for the job in question. But their specialty is injectors, they'd clean your injectors even if you get there in a craby car. You get there with a broken rubber bush and they'd tell you to get your injectors cleaned coz they're not firing right, causing a misfire, causing engine vibration, causing broken suspension bushing.

Just go to any Honda service centre, they'd be able to help you without an appointment. Honda Gateway should work just fine, since they're closer to your home, not sure if they have ultra-sonic cleaning. Honda Canal is even closer, but they don't have the injector cleaning equipment either, you probably won't need that anyway, and they can take care of rest of the jobs just fine.

P.S. Stay away from the Pit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Going through all this time what I have extracted that normally the local workshops have very little knowledge of checking and diagnosing the faults of EFI engines. So my verdict is that I should go to a Honda 3S workshop instead of wasting my time and money. Can anyone suggest me which Honda 3S dealer is good i.e, Honda city near Kalma chowk or Honda Fort near Mozang Chungi or Honda Point in DHA or Honda Pit workshop in Johar Town.
    Honda city sales near kalma chowk is good
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it should give mileage of 13-15km

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

better visit Honda fort. they will tune the AFR on EGA

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as hash4u said, do whatever you want to. ur car is not going to go above 10km/ltr.
    secondly, how are you measuring ur car's fuel avg? did u top up the tank, drive da carand then top up again?
    8-9km/ltr is the avg for this model.

i once went to a mechanic about 10-12 yrs ago. i said to him, ustad ji gari ka silencer sufaid kyu nhi hota. mere to long routes bhi bht ziada hain.
    ustad ji said, wo din gye jb lahore se pindi jate huay dina k pas ja k silencer anday ki tarah ho jata tha. hum cousins aik dusre ki cars k aage peeche car rakh k silencer dekha krte thy. ab to petrol itna ganda aata hy k sufaid silencer khwaab hi reh gya hy.

brother, it is true. our petrol has carbon deposits a little above average. white silencer is just a dream now.

i had asked you to try fuel from TOTAL pump near LDA office. did you try that?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@khjodat u mentioned everything theyl do everything else besides checking for the usual main cause which are worn out spark plugs! either ur spark plugs are worn out and the gap between them has increased leading to a rich mixture,carbon in the tail pipe and poor mileage!
    and u even to forget airfilter! if the air filter gets choked the engine cant breath hence the fuel ratio changes causing the injectors to inject more fuel hence ur spark plugs will be fouled,ur tail pipe will be full of carbon and besides this ul even have a very strong rich mixture smell from the tail pipe!
    and usually carbon in the engine and exhaust clears up if u drive above 120km/hr! and for a change try changing petrol pumps from where u fill petrol and check if u notice some difference!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    as hash4u said, do whatever you want to. ur car is not going to go above 10km/ltr.
    secondly, how are you measuring ur car's fuel avg? did u top up the tank, drive da carand then top up again?
    8-9km/ltr is the avg for this model.

i once went to a mechanic about 10-12 yrs ago. i said to him, ustad ji gari ka silencer sufaid kyu nhi hota. mere to long routes bhi bht ziada hain.
    ustad ji said, wo din gye jb lahore se pindi jate huay dina k pas ja k silencer anday ki tarah ho jata tha. hum cousins aik dusre ki cars k aage peeche car rakh k silencer dekha krte thy. ab to petrol itna ganda aata hy k sufaid silencer khwaab hi reh gya hy.

brother, it is true. our petrol has carbon deposits a little above average. white silencer is just a dream now.

i had asked you to try fuel from TOTAL pump near LDA office. did you try that?

i think white deposits in silencer were due to leaded fuel in old times....now mostly we get unleaded fuel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my civic 2000 gives 13/14 km\ltr Ma Sha Allah.
    CoMmiNg SoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOn

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

8 is what you will get brother... No matter what magic plugs, intake, injectors or sensors you replace...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List