Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Civic 99-00 AC cooling Problem.

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Civic 99-00 AC cooling Problem.

    I have civic 99-00. There is cooling problem. Blower is running fine but cooling is minimum also at high speed.

    I went to two ac shops for checking problem.

    One shop wala said after checking through meter that ac compressor is weak and also Gas is less in compressor.

    Then I went to second shop, he said also that compressor is weak but gas is full.

    Both of them said total cost will be 11500 including compressor having cost 5000-6000, Dry Bottle-1000, gas charges 2200, Labour 1000 one that I don't remember like conversion of hot air to cool air device -1000.

    Please expert including @racerali help me how to identify that new kabli compressor is good or not?

    1. Also tell me what is the price of brand new genuine Japanese compressor for civic 99-00 vti orial automatic.

    2. Which brand is best for ac compressor ?


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    No One Know???????????? including @racerali

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racerali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,062
    Follows
    2
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    No One Know???????????? including @racerali
    Sorry for late reply bro.busy in some maintenance of my new bolan
    as your problem. (one that I don't remember like conversion of hot air to cool air device) evaporator or Condenser which one????
    can you try Eastern AC service shop at sadder ??????

    1. Also tell me what is the price of brand new genuine Japanese compressor for civic 99-00 vti orial automatic.
    ans:past three to four year price of genuine new Sanden compressor is 13-15 thousand

    2. Which brand is best for ac compressor ?
    ans:as genuine factory fitted is Sanden so sanden is best
    The cars we drive say a lot about us

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well do through tests first. Your high side pressure should be 2.2 x ambient temperature in Fahrenheit. Low side should be 30 - 45 range.

    Low on gas cause such symptoms.

    Get someone hook gauge to both ports and then tell what is pressure in psi

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racerali View Post
    Sorry for late reply bro.busy in some maintenance of my new bolan
    as your problem. (one that I don't remember like conversion of hot air to cool air device) evaporator or Condenser which one????
    can you try Eastern AC service shop at sadder ??????

    1. Also tell me what is the price of brand new genuine Japanese compressor for civic 99-00 vti orial automatic.
    ans:past three to four year price of genuine new Sanden compressor is 13-15 thousand

    2. Which brand is best for ac compressor ?
    ans:as genuine factory fitted is Sanden so sanden is best
    @racerali

    Thanks Bro

    The exact term is Expansion Valve.

    I don't think so that compressor is weak. Both AC mechanic told that compressor is weak.

    It might be that Gas is less.

    What about your thought?

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racerali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,062
    Follows
    2
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    @racerali

    Thanks Bro

    The exact term is Expansion Valve.

    I don't think so that compressor is weak. Both AC mechanic told that compressor is weak.

    It might be that Gas is less.

    What about your thought?
    My thought is expansion valve or your condenser as I have the same problem about last two years ago and Honda authorized service center told me that is your compressor but I luckily visit eastern AC service center sadder so my problem solved

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    The cars we drive say a lot about us

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    Well do through tests first. Your high side pressure should be 2.2 x ambient temperature in Fahrenheit. Low side should be 30 - 45 range.

    Low on gas cause such symptoms.

    Get someone hook gauge to both ports and then tell what is pressure in psi

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    @afnan.bashir

    Thanks bro.

    What is meant by high side and low side pressure?

    What are the symptoms of weak ac compressor?

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    There are two pressure Google for more detail.

    Weak compressor will cause low high side pressure provided gas is up to the mark

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racerali View Post
    My thought is expansion valve or your condenser as I have the same problem about last two years ago and Honda authorized service center told me that is your compressor but I luckily visit eastern AC service center sadder so my problem solved

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    @racerali

    Thanks bro. What had you changed for excellent cooling?

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    There are two pressure Google for more detail.

    Weak compressor will cause low high side pressure provided gas is up to the mark

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    @afnan.bashir

    Bro When AC Mechanic was checking the pressure I noticed the right gauge shows 50-56 pressure whereas AC Mechanic shows said that the pressure should be around 20-35

    Is this right?

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,379
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    go to abu bakar (search for the best ac mechanic in isb)
    he is honest and wont cheat

    its an old car. most probably the compressor has given up. my 98 vti, last season before i sold, would not cool on standing.would cool when car moved.all said compressor is weak.sold the car before spending more on the "well", i mean car
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    @afnan.bashir

    Bro When AC Mechanic was checking the pressure I noticed the right gauge shows 50-56 pressure whereas AC Mechanic shows said that the pressure should be around 20-35

    Is this right?
    Units? If it's psi and these are low side pressures then they are way too high. Either bad expansion valve or over charged system

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    Units? If it's psi and these are low side pressures then they are way too high. Either bad expansion valve or over charged system

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    @afnan.bashir

    Yes this was low side pressure. Unit should be psi.

    AC Mechanic said that ac compressor is weak and need to changed along with expansion valve+dry filter bottle+gas filling.

    Is it right said by ac mechanic?

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Drier costs 450 expansion valve is 1400 Wahoo compressor 6.5 for kinhin and 8k for senden.

    Compressor health can be known by head pressure out high side pressure.

    Get seperate readings then I can point culprit

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    Drier costs 450 expansion valve is 1400 Wahoo compressor 6.5 for kinhin and 8k for senden.

    Compressor health can be known by head pressure out high side pressure.

    Get seperate readings then I can point culprit

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    @afnan.bashir

    Thanks bro

    Soon I will visit some different ac mechanic and note the both high and low side values and post it here. Thanks

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    the compressor is just a pump, if your system has something wrong it may show up as weak compressor.

    e.g. if the rubber pipes have deteriorated or hard lines kinked on the liquid discharge side the head pressure will be very high - this would show up as bad compressor but this could be solved by correct diagnosing. (working experience)

    e.g. if the expansion valve is the made by people with permanent 16:9 vision paid slave labor then it might be sticky or even have low hysterisis (it may ram open and close - and not float like it should). This will show up as a bad compressor too.

    remedy.


    check the entirety of the unit before spending money.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the compressor is just a pump, if your system has something wrong it may show up as weak compressor.

    e.g. if the rubber pipes have deteriorated or hard lines kinked on the liquid discharge side the head pressure will be very high - this would show up as bad compressor but this could be solved by correct diagnosing. (working experience)

    e.g. if the expansion valve is the made by people with permanent 16:9 vision paid slave labor then it might be sticky or even have low hysterisis (it may ram open and close - and not float like it should). This will show up as a bad compressor too.

    remedy.


    check the entirety of the unit before spending money.
    @Xulfiqar

    Thanks for your valuable comments.

    I also think problem is either expansion valve or due to less gas in compressor. I don't think the problem is with compressor it was working fine before.

    Let see what will be next option?

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    if you have low reading on both liquid and suction line - you have low refrigerant. When buying repair parts for A/C always buy high quality stuff - e.g. dont buy the el-cheapo expansion valve, get a genuine item. Same with drier too. If your A/C flex lines are too soft - they are bad and need replacing.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Xulfiqar busy these days?

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @racerali @afnan.bashir @hash4u

    Today I visited the Motor Expert I-10/3, Islamabad for check-up the AC of my car. Met with Mr. Shazaib, very humble person and told him all story about problem.

    He asked the AC Mechanic in his presence to check what is the exact issue with AC Cooling. Mechanic said there is less gas in compressor that's why cooling is minimum. There is no problem with AC Compressor, dry bottle and expansion valve,they are working excellently. There is no need of changing all on them. Only gas would be filled plus throttle body cleaning as well.

    Gas charging cost me Rs. 1500 and throttle body cleaning plus throttle body calibration cost me 1500, so total I paid is Rs. 3000 whereas Outside AC Mechanics told me total cost 13k to 14k.

    Thanks to ALLAH ALMIGHTY for saving my money.

    Results:

    1. Problem is solved and AC cooling is perfectly up to mark. Cabin is too cool.

    2. Throttle body cleaning plus throttle body calibration make the accelerator pedal to soft and pick is also improved with AC.

    I also recommend all of you to visit Motor Expert for vehicle Check-up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •