Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8th Gen Civic weird *** fuel pump problem!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 8th Gen Civic weird *** fuel pump problem!

Hey guys!
    I have a 2007 Civic, 31,500Km done on the ODO. One day i came home, parked my car and the next day it won't start. The engine cranked just fine but it wouldn't start. After much khuwari the problem turned out to be a loose O-ring on the fuel pump. When it becomes loose, pressure is lost and fuel doesn't reach engine with pressure to start it. First image in this thread. DIY Walbro fuel pump NEW & IMPROVED - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

The guy i had called over (since couldn't take car to Honda) took the pump, replaced the O ring and put it back. All good, but 2 days later it again wouldn't start. This time i had the car towed to Honda and examined there. The O Ring had moved, so the Honda guy replaced it with another ring because he said the other one wasn't a proper size (this time a genuine one according to him). The car has been running fine for 4-5 days, but lately the starting time after crank is increasing and i am fearful it'll go bad again. =\

Has anyone else here faced a situation like this? Should i just get the pump and filter replaced, which normally happens at 40,000KM? It costs Rs.9150 =\

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would've- It's an old car with less mileage, petrol does tend to lose it's properties and rust and clog filters etc.
    Get it checked- If it's fine, then a bit of cleaning might be the problemo.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All honda parts bought from honda dealers have warrenty so take it back and tell them its acting up again and that they should fix it. The warrenty part is written on the invoice.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i hope you did check the fuel filter in the puel pump.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah the fuel filter was clean. It was the O-Rings that had somehow gotten loose. Not sure how, searched the whole internet and no one else seems to have this problem. New O-rings on the pump are working fine now.

Honda guy said it's most probably due to bad quality fuel these days, mixed with spirit, which messes with the rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes the 0 ring get messed up which our local mechanics call in their terms "O RINGS PHOOL GAAI HEIN" and besides that the petrol in pakistan is messed up too! and petrol passes thru the fuel pump first (all kachra sab jo bhi tank mein hai ya nae hai) all goes thru the fuel pump first then into the fuel filter and then from there it goes ahead to the injectors! yani fuel pump does get choked and clogged since the fuel first passes thru the pump and not the filter!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List