Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar

Thread: HELP!!!! Whats the problem????

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Exclamation HELP!!!! Whats the problem????

    Assalam O Alaikum ,

    HELP!!!! Whats the problem???? -1449312HELP!!!! Whats the problem???? -1449313

    i want to know which engine is this? is it the same which comes in honda civic 96??(reference pics attached from net)
    i'm planning to buy a honda civic 96 from a relative of mine and the only problem in the car is that it produces vibrations(jerks) at the speed of 40-60kmh . when the car exceeds the mark of 60 the car becomes smooth like butter .

    the car is auto, and it does not produce this vibration(jerks) at D2..

    now the question is:

    what is the problem with the engine or transmission?
    if i plan to install a new transmission how much will it cost me?
    also tell me the engine model i-e D15b etc

    also i want to know what are the charges of getting the car checked from honda point at kalma chowk

    your replies will highly be appreciated

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    pistonhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    86
    Posts
    1,444
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Check engine mounts...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post
    Check engine mounts...

    sure i will. how to check them myself? or should i have to take he car to workshop?

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    naveedm32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    al-Ahmadi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    470
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I think transmission can be the culprit.AT fail more quick as compared to MT.D2 does not give u supertop hence keep engine rpm higher with less output.Do check u r axels as jerks at specified speed can also be associated to axles but those are normally after or at 90-100 kmp.does it make tak tak sound at u turns?

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y320-U30 using PW Forums mobile app

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Check the color of ATF Fluid it would tell the story. If you are able to produce it in D4 not in D2 then transmission is at fault. New transmission you are looking at 20 k may be. Note that its hard to find good transmission. Engine seems to be D15
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naveedm32 View Post
    I think transmission can be the culprit.AT fail more quick as compared to MT.D2 does not give u supertop hence keep engine rpm higher with less output.Do check u r axels as jerks at specified speed can also be associated to axles but those are normally after or at 90-100 kmp.does it make tak tak sound at u turns?

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y320-U30 using PW Forums mobile app
    no brother there is no tuk tuk sound at turns. axles are fine

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    Check the color of ATF Fluid it would tell the story. If you are able to produce it in D4 not in D2 then transmission is at fault. New transmission you are looking at 20 k may be. Note that its hard to find good transmission. Engine seems to be D15
    what will ATF tell and how? plz tell me sir

    how hard will it be to find the transmission? i've seen many swaps occuring in charades and ppl mostly use d15b in it (keepin that in mind) will it be hat hard to find a transmission?

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well if it's brown this means it's done. I said it would be hard to find good transmission. If your engine is d16 THEN IT is rare engine

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    vibration? as in low rpm droning sound like old worn out bedford raacket truck?

    make sure you have proper ATF in there, it takes Dexron 3 ATF to work properly - using generic warco brand type F ATF will hurt the lockup system in the torque converter and also cause bad noise.

    in 2 the lockup function does not come into play.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    vibration? as in low rpm droning sound like old worn out bedford raacket truck?

    make sure you have proper ATF in there, it takes Dexron 3 ATF to work properly - using generic warco brand type F ATF will hurt the lockup system in the torque converter and also cause bad noise.

    in 2 the lockup function does not come into play.
    Respected Sir, from vibration i mean the vibration in the whole body of car which is easily felt by everyone sitting insside which vanishes as the speed crosses the 60kn mark.as far as sound is concerned the engine sound is normal throughout (no change is observed in sound)

    whats the remedy if the lockup system is hurt?

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    Well if it's brown this means it's done. I said it would be hard to find good transmission. If your engine is d16 THEN IT is rare engine

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    the car is 1500cc which makes it D15, not sure about d15b or d15y etc..

    where is ATF located so i can check in he morning?

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nfsmostwanted View Post
    the car is 1500cc which makes it D15, not sure about d15b or d15y etc..

    where is ATF located so i can check in he morning?
    There should be a dipstick like engine oil. On transmission.

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    HELP!!!! Whats the problem???? -1449785HELP!!!! Whats the problem???? -1449788HELP!!!! Whats the problem???? -1449789

    Here's the pic of ATF . it was NOT BROWN , was RED... what now?
    i'm more confused now

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    There should be a dipstick like engine oil. On transmission.

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    bro now according to the dipstick the transmission is fine

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nfsmostwanted View Post
    Respected Sir, from vibration i mean the vibration in the whole body of car which is easily felt by everyone sitting insside which vanishes as the speed crosses the 60kn mark.as far as sound is concerned the engine sound is normal throughout (no change is observed in sound)

    whats the remedy if the lockup system is hurt?
    the lockup vibration/noise/drone/buzz is like you are driving over cattle grates or the rough lines on the side of the motorway. If you can actually feel and see the whole car shaking and then go quiet then its most probably a mounting issue as the engine torques up and hits the body (vibration) and goes away when it relaxes.

    Best get it to a proper mechanic who can actually see this as a problem.

    btw - the colour of the ATF is not the final straw - if the converter is bad and your freind recently changed the ATF, the ATF will be fresh n red but it wont magically repair the torque converter. Ask your freind when was the ATF changed and what ATF was used.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the lockup vibration/noise/drone/buzz is like you are driving over cattle grates or the rough lines on the side of the motorway. If you can actually feel and see the whole car shaking and then go quiet then its most probably a mounting issue as the engine torques up and hits the body (vibration) and goes away when it relaxes.

    Best get it to a proper mechanic who can actually see this as a problem.

    btw - the colour of the ATF is not the final straw - if the converter is bad and your freind recently changed the ATF, the ATF will be fresh n red but it wont magically repair the torque converter. Ask your freind when was the ATF changed and what ATF was used.
    Exactly sir, thats the kind of vibration i was talking about, my bad tha i couldnt get this earlier.

    i'm planninng a visit to honda point so that they'll tell me whats the problem in it

    and yes i asked him that was the ATF changed ? reply was YES but he couldnt remember which ATF he used.. in a day or two i'll get this ATF changed with the Dexron 3 told by you.. also i'm having no idea that ATF he used damaged the transmission to which extent . and what if a convertor is bad? is that easily replaceable? will the problem be solved?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •