0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda civic 2013 heating up

Yesterday my car honda civic 2013( current shape) all of a sudden heated up and when i chcked radiators cap was off and there was slight smoke and the car was heating up . I thought that there was no water as i havent checked water for sometime now. i stopped the car at afriends place and filled water cooled it down and went home. Today when i took the car out as i already had water in my radiator i thought it would work fine but when i came back in around 30 mins back i realized there was light weird smell of heated radiator water when i checked the car engine was very hot maybe more than normal , the water was there in the radiator but there was smoke , i dont know much about engines so i really need help that whats wrong with my car and another thing yesterday the car gave me an error of engine heating but today it didnt as it didnt heat up to that extent but what is the problem another thing the fans in my engine only work when the acs on otherwise they dont maybe that might be the problem . somebody please help.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

... Take it to dealership of course...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    ChipLoco.com | Anything and everything from the tech world!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First that you drove without a radiator cover and if situation like this arises then you should either park the car and let it cooled down for two hours then refill the water or you should let the engine run and pour the water while it?s still running.

Massive blunder, my dear as you poured the cold water while engine was hot and off so it definitely will be blown head gas kit, a repair work which should least cost you around 10k.

Blown head gas kit is a situation once radiator water starts to mix with engine oil. First symptom is what you already told and second will appear within days if you keep on driving that will be yellowish cream underneath oil cover so don?t wait for second symptom to become prominent as that will also damage the engine which can be an additional repair work of around 30-50k easily.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahadwakeel View Post
    Yesterday my car honda civic 2013( current shape) all of a sudden heated up and when i chcked radiators cap was off and there was slight smoke and the car was heating up . I thought that there was no water as i havent checked water for sometime now. i stopped the car at afriends place and filled water cooled it down and went home. Today when i took the car out as i already had water in my radiator i thought it would work fine but when i came back in around 30 mins back i realized there was light weird smell of heated radiator water when i checked the car engine was very hot maybe more than normal , the water was there in the radiator but there was smoke , i dont know much about engines so i really need help that whats wrong with my car and another thing yesterday the car gave me an error of engine heating but today it didnt as it didnt heat up to that extent but what is the problem another thing the fans in my engine only work when the acs on otherwise they dont maybe that might be the problem . somebody please help.
    for what reason are you fiddling with the radiator cap?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i didnt do anything with the radiator i assumed that due to heated water blowing it got off , any suggestions for good mechanic?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahadwakeel View Post
    i didnt do anything with the radiator i assumed that due to heated water blowing it got off , any suggestions for good mechanic?
    The good mechanic is the Honda dealership.
    Please update us with the diagnosis of your cars problem.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brotherly advice Honda dealership is the best place to land with this situation other wise your lovely car will become a horrific mess..

Sent from my 20238 using Tapatalk
    HONDA+NISSAN=POWER MEETS STYLE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro if your car is under warranty take it to honda dealership even if its not still they know the car inside out better than your local mechanics.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhawaleed View Post
    First that you drove without a radiator cover and if situation like this arises then you should either park the car and let it cooled down for two hours then refill the water or you should let the engine run and pour the water while it?s still running.

Massive blunder, my dear as you poured the cold water while engine was hot and off so it definitely will be blown head gas kit, a repair work which should least cost you around 10k.

Blown head gas kit is a situation once radiator water starts to mix with engine oil. First symptom is what you already told and second will appear within days if you keep on driving that will be yellowish cream underneath oil cover so don?t wait for second symptom to become prominent as that will also damage the engine which can be an additional repair work of around 30-50k easily.

Yes........you should not touch the radiator cap of a new car....just inspect the coolant level in the expansion bottle....

The stress you put the engine thru is know as Thermal Shock....I am afraid I have yet to see an engine recover from this....this damage might end up being permanent
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First thing is that how the cap came off? I mean, it cannot get loose by itself. Definitely someone forgot it cap it back.

Secondly, as @talhawaleed mentioned, you handled the situation badly.

Thirdly, if you filled it up that time, next morning you should have checked the level in the radiator again before starting, should have filled it up again and drove straight to the Honda Mechanic.

11. 26-07-2014, 12:45 AM

Senior PakWheeler

12. 26-07-2014, 01:02 AM

Senior PakWheeler

13. 26-07-2014, 02:38 AM

PakWheeler

14. 26-07-2014, 04:38 AM

Senior PakWheeler

15. 26-07-2014, 05:13 AM

PakWheeler

16. 26-07-2014, 05:14 AM

PakWheeler