Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help in dropping Honda Civic 1988, selecting the right drop and tyre/rim size

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need help in dropping Honda Civic 1988, selecting the right drop and tyre/rim size

I have a Honda Civic 1988, its suspension needs replacing now since its very old, Ive decided to go for coilovers, as I wished to drop the car a bit too, Im a newbie to all this, which coilovers should I go for, and how much drop would be optimum for balanced looks-comfort-performance, I intend to drive it mostly around Islamabad.
    Secondly I want to install low profile rims but many people are saying they'll ruin the comfort and would eventually wear out quite soon, so what size would be optimum for the looks-comfort-performance balance? I was thinking of 17" BBS RS Rims, what size would you suggest?
    ThanksNeed help in dropping Honda Civic 1988 selecting the right drop and tyrerim size -1451091Need help in dropping Honda Civic 1988 selecting the right drop and tyrerim size -1451093Need help in dropping Honda Civic 1988 selecting the right drop and tyrerim size -1451095

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

17 would be too much , find some good looking 16's and with an aspect ratio of 195-55-R16 or 205-50-R16. Since you've decided for coilovers, so you must know they are stiff as compared to stock shocks cause they are made for tracks so their will be a little decrease in comfort level. Dont know too much about coilover brands but their are many like KONI, Tein, Shunk2, etc. Here's the guy who can source them for you @Shicks

Plus you also need to detail your ride, that's should also be on your list
    - Honda Civic ES, Build Thread. Link ---> http://goo.gl/3SocBg
    - Honda Civic EG - SiR-T F20B Build Thread. Link ---> http://goo.gl/5Y4W9m

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Have you fixed the new suspension? Please share as I am also looking to replace the suspension system or maybe install new springs in 1986 model Nissan. I am also new to maintaining cars and unaware on how to choose new springs or should I be replacing the whole suspension? The car is making a solid tak tak noise as it hits a bump or broken road.
    One of the front spring broke down and was replaced with the older pair, after that, the front side has came down a bit and the drive is not so comfortable anymore on bumpy roads.

Can someone guide me to restore the comfortable drive?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List