0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Online Maintenance and Ownership Record: H.Civic A/T '14

Hoping to see this thread grow into a dedicated ownership record of the new car. The car's details are mentioned as below:

Make: Honda
    Model Specific: Civic
    Trim: 1.8 i-vtec Prosmatec (To clarify: Non-Oriel)
    Additional options specifically from Honda: Navigation; 3rd and 4th year warranty; TPL Insurance;
    Body Color: Urban Titanium
    Wheels:
    Set A: Standard 195 65R15 Steel wheels (factory equipped);
    Set B (Honda Civic Si Wheels with 225 55R16 tires);
    Set C (Honda Civic 8th Generation EX Sedan US Spec Wheels with 225 55R16);

Paintwork Protection:
    -8th August 2014: Optimum Opti-Sealed after M205 on G110 Dual Action.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice info, do keep posting.

sent from a nuclear device
    The men are back. @TGT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Oil Change Update

Oil Changed along with Oil filter as well as the supposedly damaged drain nut washer. Few pics as an update along with receipt for anyone interested in the running costs of such veh.s these days. Also captured a few shots on the under-carriage as well as the current odometer. Post any questions if you wish. I did remove the oil and replace it with Mobil1 at 1100 kms, however. Brgds.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

--------------

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Paintwork Protection:

where do u done this job....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by atifraza127 View Post
    Paintwork Protection:

where do u done this job....

Myself at home.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OP, this is a very useful idea. Everyone should try to maintain a service history and do the scheduled maintenance on time. It will keep the maintenance cost low in the long run. The car should also maintain its value better than a jenyan paint Civic with non-jenyan rust .

You might want to consider an external transmission filter and cooler if you want to keep the car for long, after the warranty has expired.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great going. Let me know if I could be of ANY help. I've got a soft corner for Civics whatever their drawbacks or people's critique is. Sporty handling is in Civic's DNA whether someone agrees or not. The rest of the pack has to be converted big time. May Allah bless you with all the joy and safety you wish for.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Great going. Let me know if I could be of ANY help. I've got a soft corner for Civics whatever their drawbacks or people's critique is. Sporty handling is in Civic's DNA whether someone agrees or not. The rest of the pack has to be converted big time. May Allah bless you with all the joy and safety you wish for.
    We know each other very well Fouad. Let me just say 'Viper 2'. Anyways, those were old times. Let me bring some of those times back for you. Viper 2 lives in Lahore these days with my grandfather. Still 15000kms driven. Still the same. A lot has happened but i just lost the motivation and returned to basic maintenance level of car-keeping. Albeit, made some great progress in mechanical department of automobiles.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    OP, this is a very useful idea. Everyone should try to maintain a service history and do the scheduled maintenance on time. It will keep the maintenance cost low in the long run. The car should also maintain its value better than a jenyan paint Civic with non-jenyan rust .

You might want to consider an external transmission filter and cooler if you want to keep the car for long, after the warranty has expired.
    True, it would give a slightly greater credibility while selling the vehicle. Additionally, the fact that i will also include detailed damage updates, will make this an even more comprehensive ownership record. Keen eye for logic btw .

Transmission filter is a good idea implemented on my 120 Series Toyota previously. Transmission cooler i think is not needed. I rarely drive above 60 (no high end driving performance expected anymore ) But feel free to correct if you think otherwise .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A Small and Inexpensive car safety tip

Recently the issue of car theft got me worried a great deal. With the aftermarket security systems as well as the tracker companies being compromised every now and then, there had to be another self-induced security mechanism. What i prescribe below is entirely unto you to perform on your vehicle. The phenomenon dates very back to the Suzuki Mehran distributor coil wire . Let us just implement that in a modern fashion.

In the fuse-box of this generation civic, there is a 15A designation for ignition set-up (ignition coil?). What i observed is that the removal of the fuse against this is easy and renders the car useless, giving you the security-window of a few minutes in case of a mishap. The illustrations below show exactly where it is located. Please not that i have re-placed the concerned 15A fuse upside down as a fiducial aid for the sake of this argument.

Caution: Keep the car completely off before attempting the removal of this fuse. Also, try not putting it back with the key-cylinder in accessories (ACC) position while performing this ordeal.

Brgds. Feel free to ask questions if required.

To Corolla owners: You will find similar method for your own fuse-box as well (Have practiced it with my previous Altis).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faadi112 View Post
    True, it would give a slightly greater credibility while selling the vehicle. Additionally, the fact that i will also include detailed damage updates, will make this an even more comprehensive ownership record. Keen eye for logic btw .

Transmission filter is a good idea implemented on my 120 Series Toyota previously. Transmission cooler i think is not needed. I rarely drive above 60 (no high end driving performance expected anymore ) But feel free to correct if you think otherwise .
    Both these things aren't strictly necessary; the transmission in my '03 VTi is still working fine nearing 280k km, and it doesn't have an aftermarket filter or cooler.

An external filter is especially good for a Honda, since it lacks a serviceable filter from the factory.

A cooler is completely optional, and not really necessary. Synthetic Honda DW1 could take some heat, but the stock transmission cooling is barely sufficient for long drives into the Northern Areas.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    Both these things aren't strictly necessary; the transmission in my '03 VTi is still working fine nearing 280k km, and it doesn't have an aftermarket filter or cooler.

An external filter is especially good for a Honda, since it lacks a serviceable filter from the factory.

A cooler is completely optional, and not really necessary. Synthetic Honda DW1 could take some heat, but the stock transmission cooling is barely sufficient for long drives into the Northern Areas.
    I would say it could take more heat than the Z1 it succeeded. Albeit, there is no synthetic marking on the bottles that i have for the DW1. Safest bet is that it may well be a Base 3 synthetic, given how little the difference is after the service. Anyways, while servicing my transaxle of a 9th Gen. back in the US i came across a canister type ATF filter. I'm not really sure whether we have it installed for PKDM civics, but if it is present then we don't have an argument against Honda here.

Also just for reference purposes here, the drain-nut on the transaxle has a one-time use crush washer and must be tightened back to 36 lb-ft of torque. There is also a magnet that needs to be cleaned prior to reinstallation. Also for anyone reading on here, there is quite a discussion about non-OE ATF fluids being used, however what i have observed is that they almost always lead to problems in the shifting mechanism ultimately leading to a transaxle damage (Hands-on Mobil1 experience).

Transmission cooler is one of my considerations. Do you think we have any options which will work flawlessly and not create a mess of the OEM equipment?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Damage Update #1

Unfortunately, got a scuff on the rear bumper while being involved in a close overtake. It held up well...
    Also an attempt at photography with iPhone only.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List