Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Civic 8th Gen (Reborn) MT stick shift issue! Assistance required

Dear All,

If my problem sounds all too familiar to you, kindly guide me tangibly to the correct thread where i can find solution to my problem.

My problem is as follows;

For just a month ago till date, my 8th Gen MT civic has thrice shocked me whilst driving. All these 3 times the gear does not move left so that i can switch into a lower gear from any higher one. It behaves as if there is an object that stops it from moving left resulting in my inability to switch into 1st or 2nd. I have to bring the car to an entire halt to bring life to the stick shift again.

My car has been driven just 27k KMs and i bought it with 2013 invoice zero meter!

I am desperate for guidance and assistance from all those who experienced this and can guide me sincerely.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Take it to Honda people in morning as soon as possible. It is in warranty. Don't let any road side mechanic touch it.
    Worst case scenario will be the replacement of transmission. Hope for the best.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the advice KingpiN.

I drove my car to Honda Fort, Queens Road Lahore to get it checked up. However what i had in my mind was obviously true. As the issue wasn't persistent, the tech ppl there were not supposed to see the problem first hand.

The foreman was assigned the task to check my issue. To my surprise he first opened the lid of stick shift and its leather cover, used a WD-40 to spray on its ends. Then i narrated him my issue in detail again and then he drove the car out to experience any issue first hand.

The problem didn't come up as i expected. However when we returned to the workshop he called his staff and asked one of those to adjust the clutch a bit with his tools, while he remained seated inside.

Finally he asked me to check for the issue now that they adjusted the clutch as he expected the problem to subside. On my drive back to office, the change i noticed was that the clutch was more softer now. I don't know how it helps me with the issue i had or God Forbid, might still have!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List