Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Booked a 9th Gen Honda Civic oriel Prosmatic

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sly_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Booked a 9th Gen Honda Civic oriel Prosmatic

    Well as the title says i have booked a 9th gen Civic, will be delivered by the end of coming week. I needed some suggestions regarding its detailing. Since its BLACK in color which is not easy to maintain but ill try my best to keep it nice and shiny. Kindly guide me with the following queries :

    1) Since it will be a new car so in order to protect its paint i was wondering if i should apply a SEALANT or not after getting it ? If so then kindly suggest which one.

    2) Also suggest me a nice wax. Would a liquid wax be better or paste wax ? (suggest the one which is easier to apply/clean as i am new at this)

    3) I already have turtle f21 interior detailer. Is it good for 9th gen civic's interior ?

    4) I would be applying/cleaning wax and sealant by hand (no buffer) so kindly suggest me the products accordingly as i am not an expert in detailing.

    5) Also tell me about this Meg's Drying water magnet cloth and drying techniques. I have hardly washed a car myself twice in life and when dried it there were dry water spots all over so never tried my hands at washing the car myself again.

    Hoping to hear soon all of your expert advices.


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MoinIqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,112
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly_90 View Post
    Yes i hv plans of installing bulb in that reflector and about rims i personally love bigger rims but i would be sticking with the stock as i dont want to sacrifice comfort of ride :-)
    Not even 16's? Another option would be to get hold of City Aspire wheels. The look better than Civic wheels because of the extra spokes.

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sly_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoinIqbal View Post
    2 of many options for the taillights...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1411320340.179773.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  170.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1411320356.356090.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  261.8 KB
    Yes something like this...but suggest me should i got with all red ? Or red on the trunk portion of light only? OR smoked like my brother just posted above of his city ???

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sly_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoinIqbal View Post
    Not even 16's? Another option would be to get hold of City Aspire wheels. The look better than Civic wheels because of the extra spokes.
    No buddy i personally like civic's stock rims better than city's :-)

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MoinIqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,112
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly_90 View Post
    Yes something like this...but suggest me should i got with all red ? Or red on the trunk portion of light only? OR smoked like my brother just posted above of his city ???
    The red looks better with darker colours. So option 2 from these.

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MoinIqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,112
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I love the look of these headlights! Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1411320973.113598.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  151.4 KB

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Muzammil73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,249
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly_90 View Post
    Nice how much did it cost u and did u get it done from f10 ???
    No this i got done from g-10. But can be done from f-10 too. Wont cost more than 300 if very good quality smoke paper is used. Costed me 300.

    Ps: theres a bit difference in tint papers and smoke papers. Smoke papers are overall thicker than tint papers. They feel like soft plastic sheet. These are a bit lighter in shade than tint papers as visible in picture.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic Fb
    Honda city 1.3 PT (5th Gen)

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sly_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoinIqbal View Post
    I love the look of these headlights! Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1411320973.113598.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  151.4 KB
    Absolutely LOVE these i have plans on getting these in future IA becoz for sometime initially i wana enjoy the stocks lights too :-p

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sly_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzammil73 View Post
    No this i got done from g-10. But can be done from f-10 too. Wont cost more than 300 if very good quality smoke paper is used. Costed me 300.

    Ps: theres a bit difference in tint papers and smoke papers. Smoke papers are overall thicker than tint papers. They feel like soft plastic sheet. These are a bit lighter in shade than tint papers as visible in picture.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using PW Forums mobile app
    Great i ll go look for these once i get hands on my car :-)

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MoinIqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,112
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly_90 View Post
    Absolutely LOVE these i have plans on getting these in future IA becoz for sometime initially i wana enjoy the stocks lights too :-p
    Great thinking! And what about the 3M wrap?

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sly_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoinIqbal View Post
    Great thinking! And what about the 3M wrap?
    Well i ll be applying sealant n waxes from time to time so i guess wrap thing won't be necessary

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MoinIqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,112
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly_90 View Post
    Well i ll be applying sealant n waxes from time to time so i guess wrap thing won't be necessary
    What about scratches (God forbid)?

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sly_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I pray that i don't get any n may GOD protect my car n its passengers in every way :-)

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Muzammil73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,249
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Get couple of meguairs microfiber clothes for waxing and cleaning.

    Get meg water magnet for drying purposes.

    For washing. Meg wash and wax shampoo.

    For waxing, either get meg #26 carnuba wax or meg Ultimate paste wax.

    Get meg interior detailer spray for keeping the interior brand new.

    Would recommend meg tyre endurance gel to keep the tyres shining black.

    If you want to go for sealant, i would advise you to first clay your car using meg clay kit. Then use meg polish (csnt recall exact name) to remove any swirls and light scratches if any. Then apply sealant for best results. And after applying sealant, give it time to cure and bond to the surface. Then buff away its residue and top it up with wax. Would give out the best results.
    You would be able to use your car as a mirror then. :p


    Sent from my GT-I9505 using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic Fb
    Honda city 1.3 PT (5th Gen)

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sly_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzammil73 View Post
    Get couple of meguairs microfiber clothes for waxing and cleaning.

    Get meg water magnet for drying purposes.

    For washing. Meg wash and wax shampoo.

    For waxing, either get meg #26 carnuba wax or meg Ultimate paste wax.

    Get meg interior detailer spray for keeping the interior brand new.

    Would recommend meg tyre endurance gel to keep the tyres shining black.

    If you want to go for sealant, i would advise you to first clay your car using meg clay kit. Then use meg polish (csnt recall exact name) to remove any swirls and light scratches if any. Then apply sealant for best results. And after applying sealant, give it time to cure and bond to the surface. Then buff away its residue and top it up with wax. Would give out the best results.
    You would be able to use your car as a mirror then. :p


    Sent from my GT-I9505 using PW Forums mobile app
    I already have the shampoo and microfibers but for sealant as u said clay my car i thin thats for the older cars with damaged paint as my car would be new so can't i apply the sealant after just washing with shampoo ???

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    shafi8189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    333
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly_90 View Post
    I already have the shampoo and microfibers but for sealant as u said clay my car i thin thats for the older cars with damaged paint as my car would be new so can't i apply the sealant after just washing with shampoo ???
    You need to prep paint surface first to do anything else like sealant need perfect prep and clean paint for proper application and to sit right else its no use of application

    Sent from my Nokia_X using PW Forums mobile app

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Muzammil73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,249
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly_90 View Post
    I already have the shampoo and microfibers but for sealant as u said clay my car i thin thats for the older cars with damaged paint as my car would be new so can't i apply the sealant after just washing with shampoo ???
    You see. When new cars are manufactured. They are parked in parking under sun and dust for quiet some time. The they are transported on trailers uncovered. Then they are parked inside the dealerships for a few days fully covered up in dust and pollutants. The dealerships wash it when they have to deliver it to the customers so during all this process some of the pollutants and dust particles bond with paint very strongly amd can not be washed away with just shampoo. Even slight pollutants sticked on the surfave will hinder in achieving the best results.

    About polishing, it should be done becaise the cars are sometimes dry dusted at dealerships and when washed, they are washed with 10 rupay walay dusters which cause swirls.

    For the sealant to give out the max result, tbe surface sjould be absolutely free of any dirt and pollutants. Aswell as swirls.
    If you wish to go for sealant, youll have to bear these extra tasks too. Applying sealant withouse proper base prep would be equal to wasting the sealant. If you dont want to do all this base prep process. Leave the sealant job for some other time in future.
    Honda Civic Fb
    Honda city 1.3 PT (5th Gen)

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sly_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yeah i won't be able to do all that stuff the base prep thingy. So what would u recommend then ?

  19. #38
    PakWheeler Follow
    shafi8189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    333
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly_90 View Post
    Yeah i won't be able to do all that stuff the base prep thingy. So what would u recommend then ?
    Get a new car kit from meguiars :-)

    Sent from my Nokia_X using PW Forums mobile app

  20. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    Sly_90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shafi8189 View Post
    Get a new car kit from meguiars :-)

    Sent from my Nokia_X using PW Forums mobile app
    i already have microbers and Mothers shampoo so don't need a new car kit just need a nice WAX (which is easy to apply and remove)

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadbakht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,620
    Follows
    20
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can't wait brother. You can never get enough of eye candy of a tastefully modded / face lifted ride. Just remember, there is a fine line between modding and ricing.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •