Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How much will it cost to get a 1995 Honda Civic fully rebuilt from Honda Pakistan?

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mhaderaziz_official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    15
    Posts
    1,425
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default How much will it cost to get a 1995 Honda Civic fully rebuilt from Honda Pakistan?

    Hey guys!

    I presently have a JDM black 1.6L 1995 Honda Civic Exi. I want it to rebuilt from the ground up. Its engine shows a reading of 280,000 kilometers. Its done its life. I have seen how the mechanics destroy the car while trying to make it better. I want it to get fully rebuilt from Honda Pakistan, preferably in Islamabad or Rawalpindi. Its been a great car up till now. What worries me is the cost. So, my question is that, "How much will it cost to get my car fully repainted and have its engine replaced by Honda Pakistan?" I know that it will be costly but how costly is the question. I really need expert opinions on this. I would greatly appreciate your response!

    Thank You!

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    umair333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    go and check price estimates from different dealerships

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mhaderaziz_official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    15
    Posts
    1,425
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So, does anyone has a price idea?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If engine and paint than should cost at max 100,000rs from dealership and less if from outside.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mhaderaziz_official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    15
    Posts
    1,425
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    If engine and paint than should cost at max 100,000rs from dealership and less if from outside.
    Rs. 100,000? Is that right? Any good sources?

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akramsalman.164 View Post
    Rs. 100,000? Is that right? Any good sources?
    No sources. But by experience.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    cracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    engine rebuilt will minimum cost you 200k.my friend got his cultus engine complete overhaul estimate of 125k plus,so you can keep 200k a rough figure in mind..but im not sure they will take the said engine for maintenance due to the fact that its too old,they might not have parts in hand and might have to import them which will require time..but its just an estimate.you should visit for actual amount being quoted.and for body work,another 100k roughly because they repair less and prefer to replace the damaged part on whole.
    REAL men drive manual cars!

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    21
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akramsalman.164 View Post
    Hey guys!

    I presently have a JDM black 1.6L 1995 Honda Civic Exi. I want it to rebuilt from the ground up. Its engine shows a reading of 280,000 kilometers. Its done its life. I have seen how the mechanics destroy the car while trying to make it better. I want it to get fully rebuilt from Honda Pakistan, preferably in Islamabad or Rawalpindi. Its been a great car up till now. What worries me is the cost. So, my question is that, "How much will it cost to get my car fully repainted and have its engine replaced by Honda Pakistan?" I know that it will be costly but how costly is the question. I really need expert opinions on this. I would greatly appreciate your response!

    Thank You!
    Starting from denting paiting
    Depending on the condition of existing car. If you replace hood,doors, trunk along with interior dashboard, door panels, etc
    my rough idea is
    Dashboard 10k
    door panels 10k
    steering 2k
    4 door 20k
    trunk 4k
    trunk4k
    Front and rear bumpers both around 5k
    Front OEM headlights 5k
    Rear OEM head lights 5k
    Front and rear after market headlights around 18k
    Side Mirrors 2k

    Denter will charge you around 10-15k
    Painter will charge you around 25~30K

    Front and rear suspension including shocks, springs, bushes 20 to 25k


    Efi Engine Replacement D16 or D15 around 80 to 100k
    this includes fuel pump, return fuel line, filters, axles
    I mean turn key.


    You can discuss further in details with me if you need any help, I have done several similar projects and can assist you
    Ehtesham Bokhari 0314 900 0058
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    21
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    No sources. But by experience.
    engine and paint both for 100k means that paint's and engine's life will be no more than 6 months
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    3s dealers suck at thid kind of work
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    engine and paint both for 100k means that paint's and engine's life will be no more than 6 months
    Engine overhaul 40K max. Paint and dent both for 60k max. And no the cars are still running excellent.

    If you ask me for exact estimate with regards to your suggestions what I had in mind but did not share it first was 1000rs/KM which equals to 280,000rs if he wants the car to run brand new on factory specs. What I shared is the minimal price for car overhauling.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,596
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    before you decide a rebuild, 1st please check the value of same model in the market. 2nd get valuation of your car as it is. add up [ cost of rebuilt + current value of vehicle ] would it be worth spending such money. use your wisdom specially in case of HONDAs. swapping an engine from scrap yard is risky those are used abused engines with no track history of maintenance or region it was used before landing in scrap yard.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    21
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    Engine overhaul 40K max. Paint and dent both for 60k max. And no the cars are still running excellent.

    If you ask me for exact estimate with regards to your suggestions what I had in mind but did not share it first was 1000rs/KM which equals to 280,000rs if he wants the car to run brand new on factory specs. What I shared is the minimal price for car overhauling.

    I thought you quoted the price for complete engine replacement
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mhaderaziz_official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    15
    Posts
    1,425
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    Starting from denting paiting
    Depending on the condition of existing car. If you replace hood,doors, trunk along with interior dashboard, door panels, etc
    my rough idea is
    Dashboard 10k
    door panels 10k
    steering 2k
    4 door 20k
    trunk 4k
    trunk4k
    Front and rear bumpers both around 5k
    Front OEM headlights 5k
    Rear OEM head lights 5k
    Front and rear after market headlights around 18k
    Side Mirrors 2k

    Denter will charge you around 10-15k
    Painter will charge you around 25~30K

    Front and rear suspension including shocks, springs, bushes 20 to 25k


    Efi Engine Replacement D16 or D15 around 80 to 100k
    this includes fuel pump, return fuel line, filters, axles
    I mean turn key.


    You can discuss further in details with me if you need any help, I have done several similar projects and can assist you
    Ehtesham Bokhari 0314 900 0058
    I have finally made up my mind. I'm gonna have all of it done
    The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    21
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akramsalman.164 View Post
    I have finally made up my mind. I'm gonna have all of it done
    Think twice before starting it.
    It sounds easier but doing it is really pain taking job

    Sent from my SM-G900F
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mhaderaziz_official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    15
    Posts
    1,425
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    Think twice before starting it.
    It sounds easier but doing it is really pain taking job

    Sent from my SM-G900F
    Its my father who will be having it done :v
    Now, the search for a good paint shop starts....
    The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    the work will have to be supervised even if done by honda 3s due to nature of the thing, otherwise outcome wont be as rosy as one would want after spending so much. and this is a time consuming job, especially if thinking of getting work done from honda 3s, they could take a month even.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rio2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,066
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    did you ever find out how much honda would charge

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    full rebuild and paint job are two different avenues.

    I have rebuilt a few cars - complete tear down till structure level and then wheeling it on casters into a paint booth after the body finish, installing fully rebuilt correct electrical looms, assemblies etc. etc. - each bolt, nut plated for aesthetics and corrossion protection.

    engine fully rebuilt - even the casings cleaned with media blasting.

    Do this job only when you "ACTUALLY" know how to take it from start to finish, If your experience in repairing cars starts with a mobile phone call and then ends with opening your wallet to pay someone.

    Then its best to leave it to real paranoid and insane car owners.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    full rebuild and paint job are two different avenues.

    I have rebuilt a few cars - complete tear down till structure level and then wheeling it on casters into a paint booth after the body finish, installing fully rebuilt correct electrical looms, assemblies etc. etc. - each bolt, nut plated for aesthetics and corrossion protection.

    engine fully rebuilt - even the casings cleaned with media blasting.

    Do this job only when you "ACTUALLY" know how to take it from start to finish, If your experience in repairing cars starts with a mobile phone call and then ends with opening your wallet to pay someone.

    Then its best to leave it to real paranoid and insane car owners.
    hmmm shiny stuff ....
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •