Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 2006 does not start when the temperature is high

AoA everyone

The car was working fine till the day when I got it serviced through Honda Shahrah-e-Faisal. The car starts properly. It's a civic VTI prosmatec 2006. The issue starts once i have driven the car for more than 20minutes, and the temperature gets to normal condition. If I switch off my car, it will not start. It needs at least 30 minutes so that temperature can come down to cold.
    I have traveled for more than 90 mins without stopping/switching off the engine. But if I would have switched it off, It will not start immediately. It will need time to cool down and then start.
    Battery is in good condition and all electronics work during this duration. Ignition is on car takes the sulf but just the engine doesn't turned. A local mechanic advised me to get it scanned through the honda service station again as he thinks it might be a problem in sensors. He told me 2 sensors (i don't exactly remember their names) that needs to be changed if they aren't letting your car start due to high temperature.

Guidance needed.
    Thanks

P.S I need to get my engine seal repaired. As per honda there is no other problem/requirement in my car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uzei View Post
    AoA everyone

The car was working fine till the day when I got it serviced through Honda Shahrah-e-Faisal. The car starts properly. It's a civic VTI prosmatec 2006. The issue starts once i have driven the car for more than 20minutes, and the temperature gets to normal condition. If I switch off my car, it will not start. It needs at least 30 minutes so that temperature can come down to cold.
    I have traveled for more than 90 mins without stopping/switching off the engine. But if I would have switched it off, It will not start immediately. It will need time to cool down and then start.
    Battery is in good condition and all electronics work during this duration. Ignition is on car takes the sulf but just the engine doesn't turned. A local mechanic advised me to get it scanned through the honda service station again as he thinks it might be a problem in sensors. He told me 2 sensors (i don't exactly remember their names) that needs to be changed if they aren't letting your car start due to high temperature.

Guidance needed.
    Thanks

P.S I need to get my engine seal repaired. As per honda there is no other problem/requirement in my car.
    Although not clear but still i'm assuming that when u turn the ignition key, the self-starter works and the engine cranks (highlighted in red) .. if that is the case then most likely its a coil or the main relay issue .. these are the most common culprits for "no start when hot" other than the self-starter .. get them checked from an electrician
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the highlighted part makes it sound like a starter bendix problem.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Update about the progress / resolution

Hi everyone

Just wanted to give an update about the progress on this issue so far. I will let you know guys what I have been through these 2 weeks in resolving this issue. I hope so it will work out for me or anyone else encountering the same issue.

Its usual that if you drive your car for 20-25 mins with AC, the temperature would rise to its normal range. The car was not over heating. However, if turn off my car after that driving, it won't start immediately. I had to wait almost half an hour before the car could start again. I showed my car to different mechanics, and following theories emerged.

1) Car is overheating - According to this, temperature sensor shuts your engine down and will not start until the car's temperature is back to cold. However, as mentioned earlier, the car did not have heating problem.

2) Temperature sensor is not working
    - According to this, temperature sensor shuts your engine down and will not start until the car's temperature is back to cold. I took my car for computer scanning. All sensors are working fine. In case my sensor needed to be replaced, the cost would have been around Rs. 5,000 including labor from local mechanic.
    plus

3) Battery - In this scenario, assume that a battery is of 60amp. The sulf also requires 60amp. If your battery is not perfect, it will be insufficient to start your engine. I got my battery and generator checked. Both are working fine.

4) The Sulf itself - According to this scenario, the sulf performance dies out eventually. Considering that civic is of 2006, the sulf was not performing. Also note that the default sulf in 2006 civic is on Bush mechanism. Actions taken:
    a: I got my Bush - sulf serviced. Problem did not solved. Servicing of the sulf cost me Rs. 1,500.
    b: Installed a new Sulf. I have now installed a new sulf. It's now sulf on gear/bearing mechanism. The cost, "Rs. 3,000".
    NOTE: I also got my car torched through another battery. It started in first instance. It also meant that my sulf was not performing efficiently. I needed an efficient one that could start in one go.
    STATUS: Currently relying on this and testing if the issue is resolved

Fuel Pressure pump / CNG - In this case, fuel pressure pump gets disturbed if you install and connect CNG with it. Although I am not driving on CNG, previous owner has installed CNG. Under this:
    a: Uninstall CNG from your car or disconnect the connections for better performing of Fuel Pressure pump
    b: Install new pressure pump

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its most of time the self starter it fails after one or two heat ups in civics I also had the same problem got it changed with a gear one never had any starting problems after that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Same issue here ... Change 5 self they didnt work ...6th one is working good...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List