1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default new CIVIC 9th gen worst crashes reasons

salam all

as d topic says
    new honda civic 9th gen is involved in many worst crashes in pakistan.

me and many others also want to know d reason y these worst crashes happens here in pk

i hav conclude these crashes happens due to 15" rims and low quality tyres (15" size matters alto due to lesser width).

i'hve bad experiance with a friends car with stock alloys n tyres
    car slides at sharp turn while minor brake press
    but alhumdulillah v r safe from crash

me too also own a 9th gen civic
    but didnt face any problem

i hav changed the rims in to 17" very first day.

do share ur experience

i have few evidence of crash reasons due to stock 15" wheels

i think ATLAS HONDA should take serious action to resolve this problem
    for d sake of precious lifes and worthy cars
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So 9th gen civic hits record of rollover up side downName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1442068467.417728.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  96.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What a pathetic car and utter disgrace.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i was about to purchase this model.but came across this thread.so R.I.P ninth gen.
    By the grace of Allah S.W.T my first car was a honda stream J.D.M and i installed 17's on it and literally drove @ 160-180 constant from isb to lhr and reached in 2.5 hrs. i will post a video in my thread sometime soon.
    And the journey is not about going fast in a straight line and touching 180 once and feeling awesome, it was about how car reacted in every situation.And that is the pleasure of Driving. and i did not feel a bit like flying in the air or out of control or just at the peak.

But it had crappy 15's and crappiest tyres installed before by the dealer which i changed after 1 week and tyres + 17's made a lot of difference in handling + little difference in comfort zone.
    now the fact is J.D.M Build quality + a bit hard suspension + 17 inch adding to the grip + Falken Ziex tyres = very good grip + Handling.
    And that too with E.P.S. Yes 2007 model with E.P.S.
    so i slowly learned the behaviour of the car at almost every speed and then got confident about it and that too after changing each and every part or fluid necessary either self or infront of me for full satisfaction and maintaining it to the fullest.

once i drove my friends reborn with 15's on same road where i used to drive my stream i felt the body roll and felt going out of control and instantly recognized that still being honda with same r18 and likewise suspension,the 15's are not good for cornering and control but just only for comfort.

Now apply this or compare to 9th gen.
    these are the faults which make the recipe of going out of control.
    1. Build quality = just average (imagine cost saving measures + no check by goverment on quality let alone safety)
    2. Fat body on less wide tyres.= less grip + 15 inch gets the tyre pushed in cornering resulting in body roll.
    3. ride height tweaked for use on paki roads for comfort.i.e height increased and disturbing the already high centre of gravity of the car.that soft + heightened suspension is further adding to the body roll.
    4. Combine All above Factors with E.P.S that is very sensitive to slight movement.
    5. And the mentality of the person sitting on an already VULNERABLE average quality vehicle.believing it to bypass every situation without counting the facts.

now you know why it happens.

and this is how it goes through most of the people minds

seeing the add. (yar bus honda class hai, civic main arrival ho ga tau wah wah ho gi,feeling excited)

imagine driving a civic 9th gen.

buys somehow.

now the time to test the potential of dreams without knowing the facts.

gets to a average road with no idea of traffic or pedestrians

aray bhai naye civic hai agar koi mjhe cross kar jaye ga tau meri self esteem rul jaye gi aur mjhe nind kaise aye giii. no way have to get ahead of everyone on the road.

gets into some situation ,aray bhai civic hai aise nikal jaye gi,
    turns the e.p.s like maniacs.
    plus the power of R18
    car gets oversteered.
    brakes to control.
    car already rollled to one side and now soft suspension coming into play along with 15's playing their part.
    increased height of the vehicle now further acts as disturbing the balance and there you go upside down.
    in the end,
    ye civic mai tau dunia ulti nazar aa rai
    thanks to the rigid body structure.
    dont know that the airbags deploy in this situation or no.
    but this car needs airbags on roof also

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its a stupid claim!

Smaller rims and larger tires actually help absorb the little bumps in road. Low profile tires transmit more bumps to the steering wheel and require more driver input to keep the car going in the right direction.
    USA civic also comes with 15 inch rims. Yes, bad tires can cause issues which is why we all recommend everyone to get good quality tires right after buying a car. But you CANNOT blame the car just because it has bad tires. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to get good quality tires for it if the manufacturers themselves are playing idiots!

The stability, handling, suspension and everything else is 100% fine. I ve been thoroughly testing the car for the past like 4-5 months now. No problem faced whatsoever. I ve driven downhill at high speeds, done extremely steep climbs, drive on high speed on motorway n what not. This car does not disappoint in anyway! Yes, if you compare it to 8th gen, it is a bit soft and boring but its much more comfy and practical. Thats what is needed in a passenger car of small size. But when some kids drive it like its the latest Lamborghini and end up wrapped around a tree, you just cannot blame the car!

I think this thread should be closed as it is misleading for the owners and potential buyers of the car! If you are reading this and are planning to buy a civic, GO RIGHT AHEAD!! Its a great car!!
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xotik View Post
    i was about to purchase this model.but came across this thread.so R.I.P ninth gen.
    By the grace of Allah S.W.T my first car was a honda stream J.D.M and i installed 17's on it and literally drove @ 160-180 constant from isb to lhr and reached in 2.5 hrs. You did loose a lot of ride comfort, didn't you? You stream was NOT made to be driven at those speeds at all! You only think its 'very stable' because you might not have driven cars that are really meant to be driven at high speed so you don't really know what stability is. No offence meant, thats true for most of us. You car was made to take a small family out of a comfortable trip, with ample luggage space and reasonable comfort, if you are doing or expecting anything else from it, you are doing it wrong! i will post a video in my thread sometime soon.
    And the journey is not about going fast in a straight line and touching 180 once and feeling awesome, it was about how car reacted in every situation.And that is the pleasure of Driving. and i did not feel a bit like flying in the air or out of control or just at the peak.

But it had crappy 15's and crappiest tyres installed before by the dealer which i changed after 1 week and tyres + 17's made a lot of difference in handling + little difference in comfort zone. The rims you call crappy are actually the ones that suit the car best in terms of what it was made for. i.e. family use, not F1 racing or something. You did wrong by putting 17s. Yes you got stability but you lost comfort (don't say u didnt) you also lost reliability as larger rims eat through suspension at a much faster rate so, you paid the price for this modification
    now the fact is J.D.M Build quality + a bit hard suspension + 17 inch adding to the grip + Falken Ziex tyres = very good grip + Handling.
    And that too with E.P.S. Yes 2007 model with E.P.S. Well, even a 2003 Honda City idsi had EPS, so no big deal
    so i slowly learned the behaviour of the car at almost every speed and then got confident about it and that too after changing each and every part or fluid necessary either self or infront of me for full satisfaction and maintaining it to the fullest.

once i drove my friends reborn with 15's on same road where i used to drive my stream i felt the body roll and felt going out of control and instantly recognized that still being honda with same r18 and likewise suspension,the 15's are not good for cornering and control but just only for comfort.

Now apply this or compare to 9th gen.
    these are the faults which make the recipe of going out of control.
    1. Build quality = just average Build quality has nothing to do with quality. Most, if not all, suspension parts are just assembled here, not manufactured. they are of exactly the same quality as of cars of Japan, i.e. very high quality. Same goes for the chassis. Its a standard chassis all around the world, they don't make a thinner or lighter or less stronger chassis here (against popular belief), so, quality issues in not way will affect ride handling. Yes, the plastic parts on the car may be of bad quality bcuz they are locally made but that does not affect the handling etc (imagine cost saving measures + no check by goverment on quality let alone safety)
    2. Fat body on less wide tyres.= less grip + 15 inch gets the tyre pushed in cornering resulting in body roll. A little bit of body roll is fine. Its not an F1 car for heaven's sake man!! n tires are not narrow as well, same sized tires are installed on civics all around the world. and they are enough! Unless you think you are Mark webber!!
    3. ride height tweaked for use on paki roads for comfort.i.e height increased and disturbing the already high centre of gravity of the car.that soft + heightened suspension is further adding to the body roll.
    4. Combine All above Factors with E.P.S that is very sensitive to slight movement. This shows your level of understanding of cars. EPS is actually harder to turn at high speeds. there is a sensor that monitors the speed of your car and it affects the steering assist you get from the EPS motor. on high speed, it makes the steering harder so that u wont chance lanes etc unwanted. on low speeds, it gives full assist so that you can turn the car easily. Hydrolic steering wheels on the other hand and the opposite. because the pump draws power from engine, as the engine speeds up, the steering becomes lighter (at high speeds) and when the car is just being driven slow, the pump is slow and steering gets harder. That is the primary reason why EPS was invented!
    5. And the mentality of the person sitting on an already VULNERABLE average quality vehicle.believing it to bypass every situation without counting the facts.

now you know why it happens.

and this is how it goes through most of the people minds

seeing the add. (yar bus honda class hai, civic main arrival ho ga tau wah wah ho gi,feeling excited)

imagine driving a civic 9th gen.

buys somehow.

now the time to test the potential of dreams without knowing the facts.

gets to a average road with no idea of traffic or pedestrians

aray bhai naye civic hai agar koi mjhe cross kar jaye ga tau meri self esteem rul jaye gi aur mjhe nind kaise aye giii. no way have to get ahead of everyone on the road.

gets into some situation ,aray bhai civic hai aise nikal jaye gi,
    turns the e.p.s like maniacs.
    plus the power of R18
    car gets oversteered.
    brakes to control.
    car already rollled to one side and now soft suspension coming into play along with 15's playing their part.
    increased height of the vehicle now further acts as disturbing the balance and there you go upside down.
    in the end,
    ye civic mai tau dunia ulti nazar aa rai
    thanks to the rigid body structure.
    dont know that the airbags deploy in this situation or no.
    but this car needs airbags on roof also
    Your post is wrong on soooo many levels!! Allow me to correct you a little bit! Read the red text and come back.

In short, apko apki Honda Stream with 17s mubarik ho! Its a very nice car, i know. but you are judging the civic with the wrong measures. You are confusing others too! and anyone who disagrees with the fundamental points that i have raised in red text, well, you have a lot to learn my friend!
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The thing is 9th gen in improved ride wrt 8th gen in many ways like comfort , quiteness nd is more corolla like. But to attain that comfy silent classy ride honda has comporomised its core value such as handeling etc

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    The thing is 9th gen in improved ride wrt 8th gen in many ways like comfort , quiteness nd is more corolla like. But to attain that comfy silent classy ride honda has comporomised its core value such as handeling etc
    To some extent, yes. But not too much. I think Civics have perfect configuration now for family use.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i would just like to add a simple point here. Civic is a family sedan that people buy in comparison to the corolla. It became quite popular all around when the 7th gen was released, even in rural areas, people purchased them. then came the 8th gen(tommys' ki favourite car), people in the big cities were very happy, due to the looks, the grip and what not. but most of us city folk over look one whole thing, practicality, 8 gen is a highly unpractical family car which is fuel thirsty(mixed reviews on that but under load, it is fuel thirsty) with little to no ground clearance. Due to this, honda lost dozens of their rural customers, now inorder to make everyone happy, honda brought out this 9 gen civic, which has the clearance of a family sedan, the acceleration to impress and a fuel average that is affordable.
    So criticizing them because they didn't make a race car or lost of grip is plainly wrong, if practically analyised, the 9th gen is 10 times better then the so called "reborn".
    Just an opinion, some food for thought

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A lot of arguments are already been done. I was just wondering why don't Honda Atlas take some action or replies to its customers who have such complaints about the 9th Gen Civic.
    - Honda Civic ES, Build Thread. Link ---> http://goo.gl/3SocBg
    - Honda Civic EG - SiR-T F20B Build Thread. Link ---> http://goo.gl/5Y4W9m

11v
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shaheryar.khokhar View Post
    A lot of arguments are already been done. I was just wondering why don't Honda Atlas take some action or replies to its customers who have such complaints about the 9th Gen Civic.
    Because this is Pakistan.. It all matters about profit.. Thats all
    Take it easy!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 11v View Post
    Because this is Pakistan.. It all matters about profit.. Thats all
    Nope becoz they can't say to their customers "hey you idiot it a family sedan not a sport car"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shaheryar.khokhar View Post
    Because the general public are a little thick skulled and have their own perspective. If this is analysed as a family sedan, you wouldn't find major flaws, but if one analyses it as a sports sedan, many faults will arise

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was reading over a forum that the new gen cowrolla have being involved in more accident from 2014 compared to civic from 2012 source was from insurances companies data

P.s I am not a onda sewic fan boy just sharing what I came across

11v
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    I was reading over a forum that the new gen cowrolla have being involved in more accident from 2014 compared to civic from 2012 source was from insurances companies data

P.s I am not a onda sewic fan boy just sharing what I came across
    Pls share the link..
    Take it easy!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 11v View Post
    Pls share the link..
    Corolla 11th Gen - In Pakistan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

everyone calm down, please remember that your "aasum qism ki 25 lac ki gadi is this"

new CIVIC 9th gen worst crashes reasons -1617753

nothing more,

If you want amazing handling and enough grip that your face skin moves sideways in a corner, throw the anchor type braking that causes your eyes to hurt - then you need to pay about 10 million more and get a real car, not a shopping trolley civic. Dont complain on price - because your Pakistani rupee is valued like recycled trash, 2.5 mill is still 25000 USD which is approximately the correct price of civics/corollas/sunny type cars.

now people come up and write - I saw an unbranded ABS controller in civic - and thats why it crashes, has anyone ever wondered how much money they can make from lawsuits on Honda if they can prove that such a controller "KILLS" people.

and who the heck put this idea in people's heads that tires are the holy elixir to "grip" - no matter if your chassis and suspension design is incredibly bad. Add wider rims, upset the scrub geometry, get ustaad jee "alen mant" by grinding down the strut-knuckle bolts - cheap **** suspension work and a ton of Type R stickers and sajda to Vin Diesel and offer fateha to paul walker.

get into real life, grow up.. And please study some basic physics before posting such silly postulates of thin tires etc..
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Moula khush rakhay .. lawn mower sai shopping kart taak ! but mai tay Honda ee_lay_saan
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

City should be made a rurual area car while civic should be for city or long drive guys. Yes, Civic is very much not practical for family sedan,8th gen im talking about, Has a stiff gear and steering, low ground clearance and a sensitive car but was a truly graceful car. 9th gen got too fat. A product gets the goodwill upon what its known for, 9th gen lacked that and hence was citicized.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    City should be made a rurual area car while civic should be for city or long drive guys. Yes, Civic is very much not practical for family sedan,8th gen im talking about, Has a stiff gear and steering, low ground clearance and a sensitive car but was a truly graceful car. 9th gen got too fat. A product gets the goodwill upon what its known for, 9th gen lacked that and hence was citicized.
    why should Honda do that?

the Pakistani market is like a speck of dust.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

User Tag List