1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default new CIVIC 9th gen worst crashes reasons

salam all

as d topic says
    new honda civic 9th gen is involved in many worst crashes in pakistan.

me and many others also want to know d reason y these worst crashes happens here in pk

i hav conclude these crashes happens due to 15" rims and low quality tyres (15" size matters alto due to lesser width).

i'hve bad experiance with a friends car with stock alloys n tyres
    car slides at sharp turn while minor brake press
    but alhumdulillah v r safe from crash

me too also own a 9th gen civic
    but didnt face any problem

i hav changed the rims in to 17" very first day.

do share ur experience

i have few evidence of crash reasons due to stock 15" wheels

i think ATLAS HONDA should take serious action to resolve this problem
    for d sake of precious lifes and worthy cars
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    City should be made a rurual area car while civic should be for city or long drive guys. Yes, Civic is very much not practical for family sedan,8th gen im talking about, Has a stiff gear and steering, low ground clearance and a sensitive car but was a truly graceful car. 9th gen got too fat. A product gets the goodwill upon what its known for, 9th gen lacked that and hence was citicized.
    Civic was actually known to be a quick yet economical family sedan, the 8th gen was just out of place, a mistake if you will, where they got carried away. In the 9th, they returned it to its actual purpose

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    why should Honda do that?

the Pakistani market is like a speck of dust.
    To answer critics. Plus do you think conditions remain same? People are getting educated day by day particularly in cities, rise of social media, JDM car trend.etc have already given users alot of awareness.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To answer critics. Plus do you think conditions remain same? People are getting educated day by day particularly in cities, rise of social media, JDM car trend.etc have already given users alot of awareness.

If they are so aware, why are they still stuck in the mentality of "tyres provide awesome grip" - regardless of the fact that chassis design plays a more important role.

and why are you still stuck in rural land where roads are not fully paved - how come people are not aware of that?? Are these people actually studying/researching or just being google and facebook champions?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If they are so aware, why are they still stuck in the mentality of "tyres provide awesome grip" - regardless of the fact that chassis design plays a more important role.

and why are you still stuck in rural land where roads are not fully paved - how come people are not aware of that?? Are these people actually studying/researching or just being google and facebook champions?
    You defy logic most of the times and take things away, Having said that, Yes suspension is most important aspect in road grip and handling of the car. The aerodynamics, stance, the strength of the suspension all contribute to greater handling. And according to me its not about tyres solely but there is indeed problem with suspension and clearance of the car (9th Gen), Car flips like wth. Also i feel a car with 135+ Horsepower, Needs stuff like Traction Control, Stronger Suspension and Better Aerodynamics.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You defy logic most of the times and take things away, Having said that, Yes suspension is most important aspect in road grip and handling of the car. The aerodynamics, stance, the strength of the suspension all contribute to greater handling. And according to me its not about tyres solely but there is indeed problem with suspension and clearance of the car (9th Gen), Car flips like wth. Also i feel a car with 135+ Horsepower, Needs stuff like Traction Control, Stronger Suspension and Better Aerodynamics.

so by your rationale cars of the past that had more than 135 hp were completely undriveable? - so the SAAB 9000 aero was a completely dead piece of machinery

btw - Im not defying logic, Im telling you hard facts, the problem is the drivers of these cars, they assume this car to handle like a BMW M5 while they are busy chatting up their girlfreind/boyfreind on their smart phones and just took some lessons from all the volumes of F&F that they own.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so by your rationale cars of the past that had more than 135 hp were completely undriveable? - so the SAAB 9000 aero was a completely dead piece of machinery

btw - Im not defying logic, Im telling you hard facts, the problem is the drivers of these cars, they assume this car to handle like a BMW M5 while they are busy chatting up their girlfreind/boyfreind on their smart phones and just took some lessons from all the volumes of F&F that they own.
    There are every kind of people in the world, What can you tell to guys like ones youve mentioned in your para? To easily die in a civic? Hell no, Plus regardless of whoever is the driver, Safety features like Traction are a must, In a fat sedan that rolls over like hell. Even more there is something called value for money, Aab mujhe agar pata hay inn features ka aur 25 lakh main agar mujhe koi yeh ek gari mai naa de tou main nai tou laanat hi bhejni hai naa company par.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From where did Paul Walker and Vin Diesel came in this discussion?
    Tum karo to tumara HAQ!
    Hum karay to What The F F Fish?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There are every kind of people in the world, What can you tell to guys like ones youve mentioned in your para? To easily die in a civic? Hell no,

You can tell someone that drinking sulphuric acid will kill them, its their choice to drink it or not. Similarly idiots who think they can drift this car at 150 km/h in a slide are on the same boat.

Plus regardless of whoever is the driver, Safety features like Traction are a must, In a fat sedan that rolls over like hell. Even more there is something called value for money,

Safety features are of two kinds, active and passive, ABS, Traction control etc are all passive safety features, these were designed to assist a mentally capable and alert driver (driver = active safety) - There is no safety feature in any car built in the world for stupid/idiot drivers.

Aab mujhe agar pata hay inn features ka aur 25 lakh main agar mujhe koi yeh ek gari mai naa de tou main nai tou laanat hi bhejni hai naa company par.

Aap ke 25 laak kull 25000 dollar bante hain, aur ye price taqreeban poori dunya mein barabar hai aisee car ke liye. Aap ka masla rupee ke value ka hai..

Please read the above.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kick_in View Post
    From where did Paul Walker and Vin Diesel came in this discussion?
    these are the words that invoke it on PW

Honda
    VTEC
    civic = awesome
    civic = crashed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please read the above.
    I dont see how you can support pathetic quality from manufacturers but you could openly disgrace particular people, Indeed they too belong from the society. I guess in 25k dollars you could well get a nice car with hefty features, In pakistan most sub standard products arr provided if you have able enough mind to get this thing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont see how you can support pathetic quality from manufacturers but you could openly disgrace particular people, Indeed they too belong from the society. I guess in 25k dollars you could well get a nice car with hefty features, In pakistan most sub standard products arr provided if you have able enough mind to get this thing.
    in 25K i can get a nicely equipped civic with sunroof and navi - whats the difference, the body shell is exactly the same, the engine build is the same except for some emmissions gear (like a 500 dollar catalytic converter), Yes it comes with ABS (which is the clumsiest one) and TRC is just a software add on with ABS present just as is cruise control if your car is already equipped with electric throttle pedal. its got airbags too (faulty ones at the moment)

and how does this translate to supporting pathetic quality? - you dont have any other choice, your piece of junk JDM imports are a misery, even little finish parts for them are massively expensive - try sorting out a NEW ABS module for them - frixa, ninja, fuji etc dont make them so dont expect your favorite eemaandaar spare parts shop to have it for you.

And for openly disgracing people, as I mentioned - once a person hits the driving license age they are considered adult - not a kid anymore, if they dont understand that drinking acid is lethal when already warned in legible language/communication then its not my/your problem. Same with cars, if they assume that they can smash a car into a solid concrete wall at 100 km/h and expect the luxurious airbags to save them in gentle velvety kiss, then I will be there making a movie and uploading it on youtube and terming it "different classes of stupidity"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in 25K i can get a nicely equipped civic with sunroof and navi - whats the difference, the body shell is exactly the same, the engine build is the same except for some emmissions gear (like a 500 dollar catalytic converter), Yes it comes with ABS (which is the clumsiest one) and TRC is just a software add on with ABS present just as is cruise control if your car is already equipped with electric throttle pedal. its got airbags too (faulty ones at the moment)

and how does this translate to supporting pathetic quality? - you dont have any other choice, your piece of junk JDM imports are a misery, even little finish parts for them are massively expensive - try sorting out a NEW ABS module for them - frixa, ninja, fuji etc dont make them so dont expect your favorite eemaandaar spare parts shop to have it for you.

And for openly disgracing people, as I mentioned - once a person hits the driving license age they are considered adult - not a kid anymore, if they dont understand that drinking acid is lethal when already warned in legible language/communication then its not my/your problem. Same with cars, if they assume that they can smash a car into a solid concrete wall at 100 km/h and expect the luxurious airbags to save them in gentle velvety kiss, then I will be there making a movie and uploading it on youtube and terming it "different classes of stupidity"
    I think you have got alot more to opt from. Now you bringing in JDMs, Well try a 2008 Model 1.8L Xex Premio for a drive.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you have got alot more to opt from. Now you bringing in JDMs, Well try a 2008 Model 1.8L Xex Premio for a drive.
    I put in the JDM because you are in Pakistan, For myself I can get a lot of options for 25K and under, I can even buy a brand new camry/accord/altima/malibu/fusion for less than 25K

About the 1.8 L corona premio - its not all that honestly, my 15 year old mercedes benz rides 100 times better than it. And I hope that toyota get their heads on right and stop slapping similar parts in every other model, their interiors look like photocopies of each other.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I put in the JDM because you are in Pakistan, For myself I can get a lot of options for 25K and under, I can even buy a brand new camry/accord/altima/malibu/fusion for less than 25K

About the 1.8 L corona premio - its not all that honestly, my 15 year old mercedes benz rides 100 times better than it. And I hope that toyota get their heads on right and stop slapping similar parts in every other model, their interiors look like photocopies of each other.
    Yeah and god knows when all those cars will be available at that price here. You can have your mercedez benz, Wonder if you could get a 2009 model benz at decent price here while Premio is easily available under 2.5 million bracket which i intend to buy once i become a grandfather

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah and god knows when all those cars will be available at that price here. You can have your mercedez benz, Wonder if you could get a 2009 model benz at decent price here while Premio is easily available under 2.5 million bracket which i intend to buy once i become a grandfather
    nearly 90% of the "imported UK and japan model" mercedes benz in Pakistan are not my choice, their parts get really hard to get when the car is not in its correct zone. - so thats out.

Pakistan will never see a price drop in vehicles because the entirety of every customs and taxation is just a carbon copy from the time of the RAJ - personal automobiles are still considered a luxury and hence taxed as such, local manufacturing is just another way of double dipping the cheese for the brand holders. That is why even after 20 years or so - not one car was able to be exported outside of Pakistan.

So - sit back, chill and watch the world go by - because being in Pakistan nothing will change for the better, it has been doomed to oblivion. petty issues like a honda civic without airbags or traction control is like complaining that your naan has no butter on it. Firstly get your naan correct, butter and toppings come later.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nearly 90% of the "imported UK and japan model" mercedes benz in Pakistan are not my choice, their parts get really hard to get when the car is not in its correct zone. - so thats out.

Pakistan will never see a price drop in vehicles because the entirety of every customs and taxation is just a carbon copy from the time of the RAJ - personal automobiles are still considered a luxury and hence taxed as such, local manufacturing is just another way of double dipping the cheese for the brand holders. That is why even after 20 years or so - not one car was able to be exported outside of Pakistan.

So - sit back, chill and watch the world go by - because being in Pakistan nothing will change for the better, it has been doomed to oblivion. petty issues like a honda civic without airbags or traction control is like complaining that your naan has no butter on it. Firstly get your naan correct, butter and toppings come later.
    Thanks for your naan butter advice but it wasnt required at all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as I know paksuzuki is exporting Ravi pickups to Bangladesh

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    As far as I know paksuzuki is exporting Ravi pickups to Bangladesh

as in year 199X ?? please use google and bang your head too

Toyota B'desh returned 100+ units of Corolla in 201x exported by Indus
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    It was high time, glad that such a thread has been started.
    I have seen several 9th Gen Civic "Boyses" who think they bought an F1 car which can drive and turn with precision at maniac speeds. Truth is, this is a family car and meant to be driven in limits. This analogy does not apply to all 9th Gen owners, but even you guys will agree there is a very big segment of people who share this mentality.
    Many times I see boyses cutting wildly through traffic in 9th Gen Civic, from Cycle Lane to Fast Lane in one cut, and at a very high speed. They feel really proud about this, wow!
    Problem is the mentality. Toyota is nicknamed "Paindoo" here due to some obvious reasons such as XLis with chrome everywhere, many show-off mentality boyses with new money or some bharam wala background think they bought the road and hence can do whatever they can and want to do. Again I would repeat this does not apply to everyone, it is a certain segment of the society.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Very rightly stated. Attitude matters most in most situations. BTW, what's with these 'boyses' term!!? ;-)
    ~~~~We cannot discover new oceans unless we have the courage to lose sight of the shore~~~

11v
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers