1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default new CIVIC 9th gen worst crashes reasons

salam all

as d topic says
    new honda civic 9th gen is involved in many worst crashes in pakistan.

me and many others also want to know d reason y these worst crashes happens here in pk

i hav conclude these crashes happens due to 15" rims and low quality tyres (15" size matters alto due to lesser width).

i'hve bad experiance with a friends car with stock alloys n tyres
    car slides at sharp turn while minor brake press
    but alhumdulillah v r safe from crash

me too also own a 9th gen civic
    but didnt face any problem

i hav changed the rims in to 17" very first day.

do share ur experience

i have few evidence of crash reasons due to stock 15" wheels

i think ATLAS HONDA should take serious action to resolve this problem
    for d sake of precious lifes and worthy cars
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Flips so badly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My story - Dec 2016

Hey guys,

Hope everyone out there is well..

Guys I'm here to tell all of you my story with the civic 9th generation.. I'm a 35 years old software engineer having bought civic 9th generation vti oriel prosmatec back in May 2015. I'm an experienced driver having drove in all sorts of weather conditions, all sorts of roads from lahore up till babusar top, been driving from the past 15 years.

4 days ago I had an insane and horrible crash at sherpao bridge, my car has been totaled but fortunately I survived with some minor injuries. I was on my way to office from cantt towards siddiq trade center. I was driving at a speed of around 65-70 kph, when I reached the middle of bridge where there was neither slope or inclination nor there was any turning (turning was a few meters ahead), I just pressed a slight brake, really soft brake just to further reduce my speed for the upcoming turn on the bridge, and there you go, the horror story starts from here.. the car suddenly ran out of control, was pulled off towards the left side and had a head-on collision first with the left wall of the bridge, and then with the right wall of the bridge. The air bags were opened in-time and I was wearing seat belt that saved me.

There was no rash driving involved in this, after further investigation after the accident I found out that this accident occurred due to FAULTY ABS system of the car, the ABS jammed one of my wheels due to unidentified issues in the system and that resulted in this horrifying crash.

Background, six months ago when I was returning from murree with my family, and was travelling to lahore using M2. Just before an under construction patch at M2 I had to press emergency brakes at a speed of 100 kph and it resulted in destabilization of car, the car went on to move in spiral (zigzag, wave) pattern for few seconds then it got normal. I was shocked but later took it casually as I thought it might had been some issue with the road etc. BUT now after investigation I'm sure that it had happened due to malfunctioned ABS.

The car has been totaled, irreparable! I'm just speechless and shocked about the PKDM quality standards, who's going to be held responsible for this wreckage? It could've costed me my life!! This was a premium PKDM car, I am confused about what to buy next? And how I'll get assured that the new one will have no faults? I just can't believe really that just an 18 months old car had a faulty ABS.

FYI, I always get my car serviced and maintained by honda dealerships as per the schedule. Furthermore there were no check lights of ABS, engine etc. being lit up to tell me about the fault.

I'm attaching the pictures of my car here!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aadil_bhatti View Post
    Hey guys,

Guys I'm here to tell all of you my story with the civic 9th generation.. I'm a 35 years old software engineer having bought civic 9th generation vti oriel prosmatec back in May 2015. I'm an experienced driver having drove in all sorts of weather conditions, all sorts of roads from lahore up till babusar top, been driving from the past 15 years.

4 days ago I had an insane and horrible crash at sherpao bridge, my car has been totaled but fortunately I survived with some minor injuries. I was on my way to office from cantt towards siddiq trade center. I was driving at a speed of around 65-70 kph, when I reached the middle of bridge where there was neither slope or inclination nor there was any turning (turning was a few meters ahead), I just pressed a slight brake, really soft brake just to further reduce my speed for the upcoming turn on the bridge, and there you go, the horror story starts from here.. the car suddenly ran out of control, was pulled off towards the left side and had a head-on collision first with the left wall of the bridge, and then with the right wall of the bridge. The air bags were opened in-time and I was wearing seat belt that saved me.

There was no rash driving involved in this, after further investigation after the accident I found out that this accident occurred due to FAULTY ABS system of the car, the ABS jammed one of my wheels due to unidentified issues in the system and that resulted in this horrifying crash.

Background, six months ago when I was returning from murree with my family, and was travelling to lahore using M2. Just before an under construction patch at M2 I had to press emergency brakes at a speed of 100 kph and it resulted in destabilization of car, the car went on to move in spiral (zigzag, wave) pattern for few seconds then it got normal. I was shocked but later took it casually as I thought it might had been some issue with the road etc. BUT now after investigation I'm sure that it had happened due to malfunctioned ABS.

The car has been totaled, irreparable! I'm just speechless and shocked about the PKDM quality standards, who's going to be held responsible for this wreckage? It could've costed me my life!! This was a premium PKDM car, I am confused about what to buy next? And how I'll get assured that the new one will have no faults? I just can't believe really that just an 18 months old car had a faulty ABS.

FYI, I always get my car serviced and maintained by honda dealerships as per the schedule. Furthermore there were no check lights of ABS, engine etc. being lit up to tell me about the fault.

probably brakes were not bleeded correctly. New civic has VSA so you don't have to worry. Its very stable and thats the reason you don't see many flip overs like 9th gen

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys,

We really love to bash anything that isnt "made in vilayat"
    ABS failure can be due to many reason you hitting a bump can cause it too you must be having abs warning light on why you were ignoring warning lamp

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Duplicate post

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aadil_bhatti @huzaifa.haroon
    Dear aadil..can you please tell me when you got brake service done from Honda last time?...
    I totally agree with @huzaifa.haroon ....he may right.same happened to me after brake service from Suzuki authorized dealer..my car brake is totally failed while moving from mzd to ict and I drove carefully till murree where after bleeding brake fluid issues settled

Sent from my SM-A510F using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor73,

Man, with due respect avoid criticizing without attention to details, I've clearly written in my post that there were no warning lights related to ABS or whatsoever..

And I won't like to comment on your prejudiced opinion about buying vilaayti or desi stuff.. go get some life!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nawan885, @huzaifa.haroon..

Yes brothers that might be the case. I got my car serviced from honda city sales just 2500 kms before this unfortunate incident took place.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor73,

Man, with due respect avoid criticizing without attention to details, I've clearly written in my post that there were no warning lights related to ABS or whatsoever..

And I won't like to comment on your prejudiced opinion about buying vilaayti or desi stuff.. go get some life!
    Your words were "This is a premium PKDM car" you were commenting "quality of vehicle" anyways all I was trying to say was that improper maintenance could be the reason

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He had already mentioned clearly that he got regular service of his car from authorized dealer

Sent from my SM-A510F using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nawan885, @huzaifa.haroon..

Yes brothers that might be the case. I got my car serviced from honda city sales just 2500 kms before this unfortunate incident took place.
    My cousin came in 9th gen and asked me to check brakes. Issue diagnosed was brake not bleeded properly. One tire was stopping other was not stopping with the same force A.b.s kicking before time and trying to compensate the sudden movement to the right but it is very much possible that at turn when you hit brakes one tire stopped quickly and as it was free it stopped and caused car to turn to one side. Unfortunately, the stealerships don't care for others. theyee busy making money

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@huzaifa.haroon, you nailed it bro.. that was the exact scenario happened to me..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor73 If improper maintenance is the reason then the quality of service provided by honda dealerships is not up to the mark, as I've clearly written that all scheduled checkups were done on time (as evident from above post of mine).
    Cheers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor73 If improper maintenance is the reason then the quality of service provided by honda dealerships is not up to the mark, as I've clearly written that all scheduled checkups were done on time (as evident from above post of mine).
    Cheers.

agree with you Honda dealership or be it Toyota dealership both are not up to mark and are more interested in govt and corporate clients then the small individual client who ventures into there showroom for service.

I Had a very bad experience with Honda Classic Islamabad in which they admitted there mistake and paid for a complete engine overhaul!

new civic is new but it also has a serious fault which Honda atlas isn't taking about its e-brake!!!

The built quality of local Manufacturers is sadly crap be it Toyota or Honda! Ppl aren't stupid when they reluctantly buy a used import then a new car.
    BUG ME AND I WILL CRASH INTO U!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys,

Ur safe, thats more then enough. Well i hav a 2013 corolla at home, though its been maintained by toyota but thre quality of work stinks as i hav observed multiple times and eventually v hav to go again and sit thre for them to do the job twice. U hav a first hand experience of the PKDM quality, imagine the new one with mis-alligned trunk, gap in lights, lose bolts, u name it but this is wat they offer and still ppl buy it as they dnt hav any other option in local/zero meter cars. If u can, try a jdm atleast thre will be quality. Best of luck for future and i hope u recover soon
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot all my brother pakwheelers for your support .. I'm feeling overwhelmed.. bhaiyo even though I'm in love with new civic but due to this incident my trust on them has shaken.. what do you guys suggest regardng JDMs.. which car should I buy keeping in view my expectations and features of civic.. I will want something like civic for sure.. prius, premio etc.. will they do the job for me?

In JDMS the first thing comes in my mind is the selection of the right vehicle, I know it's a challenge to select the right vehicle due to frauds out there in our market.. corrupotion is at the top of the list, the dealers don't just care about customers, they just keep lying and provide you the fabricated information of the car just to get the deal done..

I like new civic, specially when they introduced VSA (Vehicle stability assist).. im doubtful thought about its on road performance..

Thanks friends for comments and support on my loss..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot all my brother pakwheelers for your support .. I'm feeling overwhelmed.. bhaiyo even though I'm in love with new civic but due to this incident my trust on them has shaken.. what do you guys suggest regardng JDMs.. which car should I buy keeping in view my expectations and features of civic.. I will want something like civic for sure.. prius, premio etc.. will they do the job for me?

In JDMS the first thing comes in my mind is the selection of the right vehicle, I know it's a challenge to select the right vehicle due to frauds out there in our market.. corrupotion is at the top of the list, the dealers don't just care about customers, they just keep lying and provide you the fabricated information of the car just to get the deal done..

I like new civic, specially when they introduced VSA (Vehicle stability assist).. im doubtful thought about its on road performance..

get a vezel, the cars highly stable. Check if it's been recalled and there are no check lamps. You're good to go!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anytime. Depends on wat u want. Vezel is a good option, u can get a brand new in 35 lacs budget, premio is another league in its class, prius is hybrid. Thre r alot of guys on PWs who import cars according to ur desire.

Sent from my LG-H818 using PW Forums mobile app
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys,

That's scary...and what makes it even more frightening is the fact that the cause (Faulty ABS) is something you cannot control ... can happen with anyone, anywhere.

Our nation's fondness for shortcuts, avoiding hardwork, lack of honesty, accountability and corruption in everything we do are the actual causes due to which the products being delivered in Pakistan is of inferior quality than that abroad where each citizen life is valued. The result is visible almost daily in different forms...like today's fire in Regent Plaza Karachi killing 11 or so with lack of any fire escape route in a 4 star hotel or some security breach allowing terrorist activity or food poisoning due to unclean kitchens or some train accident or the unfortunate accident you witnessed - there are plenty. But we can only just pray not to be among the unlucky ones as no measures are being taken to address and correct the above mentioned criminal attitude.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    We really love to bash anything that isnt "made in vilayat"
    ABS failure can be due to many reason you hitting a bump can cause it too you must be having abs warning light on why you were ignoring warning lamp
    That is rude with a traumatized victim of this ''Beautifully'' built car,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

User Tag List