Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 281
Like Tree287Likes

Thread: new CIVIC 9th gen worst crashes reasons

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fireblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,451
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default new CIVIC 9th gen worst crashes reasons

    salam all

    as d topic says
    new honda civic 9th gen is involved in many worst crashes in pakistan.

    me and many others also want to know d reason y these worst crashes happens here in pk

    i hav conclude these crashes happens due to 15" rims and low quality tyres (15" size matters alto due to lesser width).

    i'hve bad experiance with a friends car with stock alloys n tyres
    car slides at sharp turn while minor brake press
    but alhumdulillah v r safe from crash

    me too also own a 9th gen civic
    but didnt face any problem

    i hav changed the rims in to 17" very first day.

    do share ur experience

    i have few evidence of crash reasons due to stock 15" wheels


    i think ATLAS HONDA should take serious action to resolve this problem
    for d sake of precious lifes and worthy cars
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  2. #81
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Internationally criticised and flop.

    Sent from my One using PW Forums mobile app

  3. #82
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    pico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    there is nothing wrong with the rims or tires of the car.........

    the problem is with the mentality of our people, they buy a civic and think they have a bought a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, and they drive it like maniacs as if it was a super car........ if they just drive it as a normal family sedan, which it really is, then such incidents would drastically decrease.........
    ALWAYS TRY EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE , BUT NEVER BECOME THE SLAVE OF ANYTHING.

  4. #83
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    there is nothing wrong with the rims or tires of the car.........

    the problem is with the mentality of our people, they buy a civic and think they have a bought a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, and they drive it like maniacs as if it was a super car........ if they just drive it as a normal family sedan, which it really is, then such incidents would drastically decrease.........
    Not every accident can be due to high speeds. This shape has been widely criticised.

    Sent from my One using PW Forums mobile app

  5. #84
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Rapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,228
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    new CIVIC 9th gen worst crashes reasons - e97dafd6c45fc2bc1f6ee3ba3926019a

    Sent from my Nexus IV using Tapatalk running Android 5.0 L Preview.
    Drive what you can handle.

  6. #85
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fireblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,451
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    there is nothing wrong with the rims or tires of the car.........

    the problem is with the mentality of our people, they buy a civic and think they have a bought a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, and they drive it like maniacs as if it was a super car........ if they just drive it as a normal family sedan, which it really is, then such incidents would drastically decrease.........

    Y these types of accidents not happened with older civic reborn
    Or corolla in the same sense. ...?

  7. #86
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    Internationally criticised and flop.

    Sent from my One using PW Forums mobile app
    Flop? Bro can you please give one solid reason of being flopped apart from sunni sunaaein batein and so called "road grip" issues?
    I have kept each and every model of civic from 1996 to 2014. 9th gen is an improved and much better car than its previous generations. If I only start mentioning problems of 8th gen civic to list puuri bhar jaani hay.
    Regarding shape, everyone has his own liking. People even used to criticize 7th gen civic when it was launched in 2001 and used to say 6th gen is a lot more beautiful. But 7th gen was over all improved car. Same is the case with 9th gen.
    Crashes of 8th gen are not that much reported. People also use to drive it like maniacs and this is why every third of fourth 8th gen civic's sides are painted or whole car is painted.
    7th gen civic's road grip is also lesser than 6th gen. Was 7th gen really a bad car? Absolutely NO.
    There is no such problem with new 9th gen civic if it is driven sensibly. I agree 8th gen has bit more road grip. But still 9th gen is also not bad.
    People only need to drive this car sensibly and within limits and treat it as a family car.

  8. #87
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Flop? Bro can you please give one solid reason of being flopped apart from sunni sunaaein batein and so called "road grip" issues?
    I have kept each and every model of civic from 1996 to 2014. 9th gen is an improved and much better car than its previous generations. If I only start mentioning problems of 8th gen civic to list puuri bhar jaani hay.
    Regarding shape, everyone has his own liking. People even used to criticize 7th gen civic when it was launched in 2001 and used to say 6th gen is a lot more beautiful. But 7th gen was over all improved car. Same is the case with 9th gen.
    Crashes of 8th gen are not that much reported. People also use to drive it like maniacs and this is why every third of fourth 8th gen civic's sides are painted or whole car is painted.
    7th gen civic's road grip is also lesser than 6th gen. Was 7th gen really a bad car? Absolutely NO.
    There is no such problem with new 9th gen civic if it is driven sensibly. I agree 8th gen has bit more road grip. But still 9th gen is also not bad.
    People only need to drive this car sensibly and within limits and treat it as a family car.
    In US the facelift model was immediately launched. I don't know what's wrong with the car but trust me I don't even see this bad and this much XLi crashes. Astaghfirullah, May Allah keep us all safe.


    Sent from my One using PW Forums mobile app

  9. #88
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    In US the facelift model was immediately launched. I don't know what's wrong with the car but trust me I don't even see this bad and this much XLi crashes. Astaghfirullah, May Allah keep us all safe.


    Sent from my One using PW Forums mobile app
    The one launched in US back in 2012 was different than what we are getting here. Same model is being offered in other countries e.g Thailand etc. Our's one is already improved. Only problem is its very smooth and you don't feel inside the cabin of this car that it's on higher speeds. Yes agreed. May Allah keep us safe. Ameen.

  10. #89
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    The one launched in US back in 2012 was different than what we are getting here. Same model is being offered in other countries e.g Thailand etc. Our's one is already improved. Only problem is its very smooth and you don't feel inside the cabin of this car that it's on higher speeds. Yes agreed. May Allah keep us safe. Ameen.
    Now I haven't driven this car at those immense speeds however flips and the way this car gets damaged is ridiculous. It should be seriously restricted to be used by families and people who like peaceful/comfort drive and will not be lured into flooring their new 1.8 car. Body of the car looks bulkier and wider though its even lighter than the previous one.

    Sent from my One using PW Forums mobile app

  11. #90
    PakWheeler Follow
    Wazeer91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    The one launched in US back in 2012 was different than what we are getting here. Same model is being offered in other countries e.g Thailand etc. Our's one is already improved. Only problem is its very smooth and you don't feel inside the cabin of this car that it's on higher speeds. Yes agreed. May Allah keep us safe. Ameen.
    Yes ur right,ive also experienced that once i was driving on motorway on 9th gen civic, i did'nt had my eyes on the meter and suddenly when i saw it the speed was 170 km/hr :p
    9th gen is very quiet car and u cant feel what speed ur going on!


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app

  12. #91
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,392
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wazeer91 View Post
    Yes ur right,ive also experienced that once i was driving on motorway on 9th gen civic, i did'nt had my eyes on the meter and suddenly when i saw it the speed was 170 km/hr :p
    9th gen is very quiet car and u cant feel what speed ur going on!


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    Dangerously high speed might b the reason as i hve also heard fr many owners that they had to keep an eye on speedo meter or else they climb high speeds with out realizing it


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  13. #92
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fazalwahab11375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    29,466
    Follows
    36
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Is local Civic equipped with Electronic stability control ? Like in USDM; read here https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho....php?p=4580557

    Pakwheels on the MAP https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-get-connected
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

  14. #93
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,891
    Follows
    20
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    No

    Sent from my SM-G900F
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  15. #94
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,891
    Follows
    20
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Only electronic brake distribution

    Sent from my SM-G900F
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  16. #95
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fireblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,451
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Suspect 18..
    Another up side down
    And same oem wheels n tyres
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  17. #96
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Retaliator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    8
    Posts
    1,445
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    honda chala toyota ki chal, apni bhi bhool gaya.

    its due to the high ride plus soft suspension. IMHO.
    -

  18. #97
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devilskreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,488
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So may toppling cases are a clear sign that the ride lacks stability at higher speeds and as retaliator saab said high ride.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

  19. #98
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^Exactly.

  20. #99
    PakWheeler Follow
    sammeell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Having experienced both, in my opinion most the users have previously owned civics, or the 8th gen civic in particular. They are two different cars and they handle very differently. The 9th gen is more like mixing a corolla and a 8th gen civic. It has softer suspension, higher height and much lighter steering wheel. So i think overestimating the handling is what causes the accidents.
    -

  21. #100
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammeell View Post
    Having experienced both, in my opinion most the users have previously owned civics, or the 8th gen civic in particular. They are two different cars and they handle very differently. The 9th gen is more like mixing a corolla and a 8th gen civic. It has softer suspension, higher height and much lighter steering wheel. So i think overestimating the handling is what causes the accidents.
    Yes, The car has less amount of grip then older models and softer suspension purely for comfort purpose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •