Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Anyone having Pirelli Cinturato P1 tyres for Civic 2014?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Anyone having Pirelli Cinturato P1 tyres for Civic 2014?

Hi Guys,

I will be getting delivery of my new Civic 2014 next week. I will be getting the stock tyres replaced with some good branded ones (in the same size as stock). I need a soft (comfy) & silent with reasonable road grip for city or motorway driving.

There are of course a lot of brands with various tyre models available out there but I have short listed the following:

Yokohama Advan DB decibel (Made in Japan)
    Pirelli Cinturato P1 (Made in Turkey)
    Michellin Energy XM2

I have seen a lot of comments & feedback here on Advan DB and Michellin.
    However, not a lot of feedback for Pirelli Cinturato P1 tires.
    Overall, its feedback is pretty good on Internet internationally. But I was keen on listening to feedback from our local users...

So, anybody using P1s in their ride? Please provide some feedback regarding your experience so far?
    Howz the grip, road noise and comfort level? Are you satisfied?
    And how would you compare it with Yoko Advan DB?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Are Pirellies locally available?

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    What goes around, comes around.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I installed Pirelli P7 about two weeks back. The P7 is supposed to be a better tyre but you'll be surprised to know that I just replaced them "again" with Michelin Primacy HP. And I don't have the slightest regret like I had when I got the Pirellis. As for P1, it is good but not great. If I've understood you correctly, I think you should go with Michelin XM2 or Yokohama dB Advan.

And STAY AWAY from the Made in Turkey P1 unless it's a Pirelli Cinturato P1.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bilalicious View Post
    Are Pirellies locally available?

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    Yes, very much.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't know about made in Turkey Pirellis, but my brother has Pirelli Cinturato P1s on his Corolla GLi 2013 and the drive of his car is totally different from mine 2013 Altis with Michelin XM2s. Go for Pirellis. P1s are silent, v grippy, comfortable and they've added a little weight to super light electric power steering of corolla.
    Honda City i-VTEC Prosmatec - Worst car ever!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    I installed Pirelli P7 about two weeks back. The P7 is supposed to be a better tyre but you'll be surprised to know that I just replaced them "again" with Michelin Primacy HP. And I don't have the slightest regret like I had when I got the Pirellis. As for P1, it is good but not great. If I've understood you correctly, I think you should go with Michelin XM2 or Yokohama dB Advan.

And STAY AWAY from the Made in Turkey P1 unless it's a Pirelli Cinturato P1.
    Yes fouadbaktht, the Made in Turkey ones I have seen are "Pirelli Cinturato P1".
    I don't know why, but the shops I have checked, all have Pirelli's made in turkey...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by r0shu View Post
    Don't know about made in Turkey Pirellis, but my brother has Pirelli Cinturato P1s on his Corolla GLi 2013 and the drive of his car is totally different from mine 2013 Altis with Michelin XM2s. Go for Pirellis. P1s are silent, v grippy, comfortable and they've added a little weight to super light electric power steering of corolla.
    r0shu: The ones I have found in the market are made in turkey. Do you know the place of manufactur for the tires in your brother's car?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't know the place of manufacturing of the tires as the car's not in town. But he bought them from Saif Traders faisal town Lahore.
    Honda City i-VTEC Prosmatec - Worst car ever!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay guys. Let me give you some insight to first hand experience. It's not that Pirellis isn't a good brand. No way, they are generally in the premium category of tyre manufacturers. But please try to understand, not every tyre version is going to be "The Best" in all departments. This is by design for business / marketing purposes, for different uses and "sometimes" a version of tyres produced turns out to be lemon either in its own category or the set(s) itself. For example, I went on to select Pirelli. My choice commensurate with my budget boiled down to P7. Most of the market in Islamabad and Rawalpindi had P7 (Made in Turkey) and few (including Asad Tyres) had both, P7 and Cinturato P7. Now, every second Google search will take you to Cinturato. Every second review is Cinturato. Personally, when I checked them both out, there was an unusual bubbled side wall on the Cinturato P7. So I went down the road with P7. These P7 are manufactured in Turkey and guess what, they're sold in Mexico. Well, I'll leave that to the demand and supply thing for the moment. I was also shown Continentals (Conti Premium Contact 5) both Made in Germany and Made in Malaysia. Astonishingly, the German made were considerably softer on the sidewalls than their Malaysian counterpart. Now, this clearly started bugging me as the practical experience was against a universal truth that no matter where a product is made, the performance should be exactly the same if quality control is the same. You don't expect this from Pirelli or Continentals but it's there.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Secondly, pulled off from the Internet:

Through its 21 plants located in 13 countries, Pirelli can count on production facilities across 4 continents. Made in Turkey P7 are not marketed in Turkey. Instead they are sold in Mexico.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem is, dear Pakwheelers, we demand the best bang for the buck. That is a prefect demand as a customer who has rights but not as a citizen of this part of the world. Next, the thing I argue with my friends about the most is we don't have our priorities straight. Any of us looking for new tyres, spends endless nights in the bed with Google (I mean reviews). Discuss with friends who swear by the brands they have further creating confusion. Visit tyre dealers who would with all their honesty, humility and good intentions grab the opportunity to rip you off to the bone. We demand softness of a girlfriend's cheeks, quietness or silence found in outer space, low rolling resistance (so much that the car should become a hovercraft), looks (tread pattern) of a super model and the assurity of being new like a virgin, to name a few. At the same time we expect low price tag, long life, sporty handling while accelerating or cornering and best of all, stopping distance of 2 feet when the car is actually traveling at 90KMPH.
    Guys, there is no such thing as the best of both worlds specially in the department of tyres and tires. You decide what you want, how you want, for how much you want and suddenly the market will shrink down to few options for you to decide easily. Michelin=Continental=Bridgetone=Pirelli>Hankook=Du nlop=Kumho and the list goes on. Choose wisely according to your pocket, your priorities and above all, your car's capability.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pirelli P7 are good tyres with stiffer sidewalls. You get plenty of road grip, road feedback and handling performance. But you do not get the ride comfort you expect at the end of the day. Let's face it. We do not go to race tracks every weekend. Most of us need street or motorway tyres for daily driving. Not that the P7 falls into sports category, but it is decent enough. They have been replaced with Michelin Primacy HP after just 300 KMs. Love these. The best so far, hands down. Great comfort, low noise and rolling resistance. Absolutely amazing handling while cornering and accelerating and the braking is just awesome. You can't go wrong with Michelin.

Source: Being obsessed with cars. Used Dunlop LeMans 701/702, Direzza DZ101, SP Sports series, Yokohama dB, dB Advan, A Drive/C Drive, Bridgestone Ecopia, Michelin Energy Saver, Primacy HP, Pirelli P7, and of course good old Eurostars.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys!

fouadbakht: What tire size do you have in your car? And from where (city/shop) did you get this Michelin Primacy HP and for how much?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got them for 13,900/- tyre from Karachi. No freight charges, complementary balancing/alignment. I have 205/55-R16 91H. Pirelli P7 was 12500/- per tyre (Turkish) as quoted by Asad Tyre Saddar Rwp.
    This profile is being run by Civics elsewhere in the world as optional and probably as standard in the Si trims. Perfect balance of comfort, performance/handling and a light Civic capable of accelerating fast, braking efficiently and sporty handling when you're in the spirited mood. And to a great extent, the looks too without stressing the suspension.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got them for 13,900/- tyre from Karachi. No freight charges, complementary balancing/alignment. I have 205/55-R16 91H. Pirelli P7 was 12500/- per tyre (Turkish) as quoted by Asad Tyre Saddar Rwp.
    This profile is being run by Civics elsewhere in the world as optional and probably as standard in the Si trims. Perfect balance of comfort, performance/handling and a light Civic capable of accelerating fast, braking efficiently and sporty handling when you're in the spirited mood. And to a great extent, the looks too without stressing the suspension.

fouad sir, my civic is also arriving on the 10th. its an i-vtec so steel wheels but im sticking to those.

now, do you have any idea how much the eurostars would sell out for if take them off directly after getting ownership of the car? and what would be a suitable replacement. need the best tires i can put on in the money off the eurostars + a little on top cash. cant dig too deep cuz the car alone has been a big blow to my account
    My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ Devil_Smile bhai, I just got Yokohama dB Advan 195/65-R15 (41st week of 2014) for my brother-out-law. 28000/- for four tyres (final 29000/- after balancing and alignment). But I would not recommend those to you because, he had to cross Jamrud (Peshawar) to some katcha area where there a go-down with thousands of tyres of various makes shelved for transportation to Afghanistan and sale in Pakistan (Yes, Smuggled). For 33,500/- you can get the same tyres from Islamabad with balancing and alignment included. Most of the tyres we get here as choices or options forced upon us are summer tyres with limited choice of sizes and speed ratings. And the majority of us people want few basic things in a tyre in the following manner:-
    -- SOFT / COMFORTABLE
    -- FRESH DATE OF PRODUCTION
    -- GOOD LOOKS
    -- REPUTABLE BRAND

This is the pulse which exactly every other dealer can feel the moment you show up at his door step. Oh and they also know how to make your heart race (over the tyre they want to sell you) when you show up with a brand new zero-mile car at his doorstep. Anyways, bro, in your case i'm sure your tyres should fetch you between 10,000 - 11,000/- (Do confirm, I could be wrong though). Next up, set yourself in a price bracket so as to focus on relevant options. The OEM profile tyre size is available in various brands ranging from 7500/- to 12000/-. Decide on your budget and then we can can proceed further

by the way OEM Honda 15" alloy rims off 9th Gen Civics are selling for 25-30,000/- in very new condition. they will go beautifully with your ride when your budget allows inshallah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Michelin=Continental=Bridgetone=Pirelli>Hankook=Du nlop=Kumho and the list goes on. Choose wisely according to your pocket, your priorities and above all, your car's capability.
    Sir where is yokohama in this list?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ Lolz bro, Yokohama is a Bay Taaj Badshah. We all know how reputable the brand name is. Big Game player.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just a few snaps to show off

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ Lolz bro, Yokohama is a Bay Taaj Badshah. We all know how reputable the brand name is. Big Game player.
    I m looking fwd to buy a set of 4 in stock size for my gli 2010. Can u suggest me b/w advan db , blue earth and Michelin? Also give me price n dealer idea for the one u ll recommend.

Also tell me for how much ll my 45k driven euro stars get disposed? Condition wise they r good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List