Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Anyone having Pirelli Cinturato P1 tyres for Civic 2014?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Anyone having Pirelli Cinturato P1 tyres for Civic 2014?

Hi Guys,

I will be getting delivery of my new Civic 2014 next week. I will be getting the stock tyres replaced with some good branded ones (in the same size as stock). I need a soft (comfy) & silent with reasonable road grip for city or motorway driving.

There are of course a lot of brands with various tyre models available out there but I have short listed the following:

Yokohama Advan DB decibel (Made in Japan)
    Pirelli Cinturato P1 (Made in Turkey)
    Michellin Energy XM2

I have seen a lot of comments & feedback here on Advan DB and Michellin.
    However, not a lot of feedback for Pirelli Cinturato P1 tires.
    Overall, its feedback is pretty good on Internet internationally. But I was keen on listening to feedback from our local users...

So, anybody using P1s in their ride? Please provide some feedback regarding your experience so far?
    Howz the grip, road noise and comfort level? Are you satisfied?
    And how would you compare it with Yoko Advan DB?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm going to Markaz F-10 for leatherette stitched seats. Will try to spy and get you guys some dealer rate list of tyres currently available Karachi-Islamabad
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

devils_smile The stock Eurostar tyres will go for 18,000

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    I'm going to Markaz F-10 for leatherette stitched seats. Will try to spy and get you guys some dealer rate list of tyres currently available Karachi-Islamabad
    Post your pictures

Sent from my SM-G900F
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have P7 (from factory) on my car which are much better than Dunlop I had previously.

Anyone having Pirelli Cinturato P1 tyres for Civic 2014? - 932797603ae1ef7fbe0a41c3afd37e38
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem is, dear Pakwheelers, we demand the best bang for the buck. That is a prefect demand as a customer who has rights but not as a citizen of this part of the world. Next, the thing I argue with my friends about the most is we don't have our priorities straight. Any of us looking for new tyres, spends endless nights in the bed with Google (I mean reviews). Discuss with friends who swear by the brands they have further creating confusion. Visit tyre dealers who would with all their honesty, humility and good intentions grab the opportunity to rip you off to the bone. We demand softness of a girlfriend's cheeks, quietness or silence found in outer space, low rolling resistance (so much that the car should become a hovercraft), looks (tread pattern) of a super model and the assurity of being new like a virgin, to name a few. At the same time we expect low price tag, long life, sporty handling while accelerating or cornering and best of all, stopping distance of 2 feet when the car is actually traveling at 90KMPH.
    Guys, there is no such thing as the best of both worlds specially in the department of tyres and tires. You decide what you want, how you want, for how much you want and suddenly the market will shrink down to few options for you to decide easily. Michelin=Continental=Bridgetone=Pirelli>Hankook=Du nlop=Kumho and the list goes on. Choose wisely according to your pocket, your priorities and above all, your car's capability.
    This is gold,
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem is, dear Pakwheelers, we demand the best bang for the buck. That is a prefect demand as a customer who has rights but not as a citizen of this part of the world. Next, the thing I argue with my friends about the most is we don't have our priorities straight. Any of us looking for new tyres, spends endless nights in the bed with Google (I mean reviews). Discuss with friends who swear by the brands they have further creating confusion. Visit tyre dealers who would with all their honesty, humility and good intentions grab the opportunity to rip you off to the bone. We demand softness of a girlfriend's cheeks, quietness or silence found in outer space, low rolling resistance (so much that the car should become a hovercraft), looks (tread pattern) of a super model and the assurity of being new like a virgin, to name a few. At the same time we expect low price tag, long life, sporty handling while accelerating or cornering and best of all, stopping distance of 2 feet when the car is actually traveling at 90KMPH.
    Guys, there is no such thing as the best of both worlds specially in the department of tyres and tires. You decide what you want, how you want, for how much you want and suddenly the market will shrink down to few options for you to decide easily. Michelin=Continental=Bridgetone=Pirelli>Hankook=Du nlop=Kumho and the list goes on. Choose wisely according to your pocket, your priorities and above all, your car's capability.
    A perfect quote bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    I have P7 (from factory) on my car which are much better than Dunlop I had previously
    Sir ji you are right. That is just like comparing apples to oranges.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    This is gold,
    Quote Originally Posted by jm916 View Post
    A perfect quote bro
    Thankyou both for the very kind words and all others who liked

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay guys, I tried to do some survey for you but the shops were closed down due to Muharram. Will try after that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

fouadbakht: Bro i was looking for 215/50/17 in Pilot Sport 3 but the guy at United Tyre blue area recommended Pirelli, even though i had a bad side walls experience with Pirellis earlier. Whats your say on PS3 vs Primacy and recommended size 215/50 or 225/45. (Car is Altis Grande 1.8)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got them for 13,900/- tyre from Karachi. No freight charges, complementary balancing/alignment. I have 205/55-R16 91H. Pirelli P7 was 12500/- per tyre (Turkish) as quoted by Asad Tyre Saddar Rwp.
    This profile is being run by Civics elsewhere in the world as optional and probably as standard in the Si trims. Perfect balance of comfort, performance/handling and a light Civic capable of accelerating fast, braking efficiently and sporty handling when you're in the spirited mood. And to a great extent, the looks too without stressing the suspension.
    Bro i was looking for 215/50/17 in Pilot Sport 3 but the guy at United Tyre blue area recommended Pirelli, even though i had a bad side walls experience with Pirellis earlier. Whats your say on PS3 vs Primacy and recommended size 215/50 or 225/45? (Car is Altis Grande 1.8)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jm916 View Post
    fouadbakht: Bro i was looking for 215/50/17 in Pilot Sport 3 but the guy at United Tyre blue area recommended Pirelli, even though i had a bad side walls experience with Pirellis earlier. Whats your say on PS3 vs Primacy and recommended size 215/50 or 225/45. (Car is Altis Grande 1.8)
    Bro, like I said earlier, tyre dealer will try to talk you into selling his stuff as he deems appropriate. But we as customers face another challenge: Lack of tyre version/model/ profile with desired load and speed ratings as per our requirements and personal preferences. We have to deal with the limited availability of stocks. In my quest for an all-in-one tyre, in Pakistani market, starting from 17" all the way down to 16", I've finally started knocking doors of the actual main importers in Karachi and Peshawar. Surprisingly, some extent of variety is there but the local dealers try to rid of the stock they already have or in which they have a good profit margin.
    Im sure you must have check out reviews of both by now but let me tell you another aspect. The price of a tyre also tells you a lot despite the supply-chain and business aspect.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think karachi has the only reliable importer for fresh michelins. I, although being in peshawar, would not buy from there as the import via afghanistan route is mostly a very long process and therefore the stock is usually outdated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now, if the car is Altis Grande 1.8, stock size is 195/65-R15 right? I won't bore you guys with the tyre size calculations, number of corresponding revs per mile, tyre wall height, overall diameter, speedometer calibration, rims and off set etc etc but I will tell you this:

The Altis is a relatively taller (not ideal for modders/racers BUT good for a reliable and comfortable family saloon). There is already considerable gap between tyre outer wall and the wheel arch. You have already suffered hard sidewalls of Pirelli. Remember, I said hard not comfortably reinforced for precision steering response.
    If you are going into the 17" league, statistics say you choose 215/45-R17 or then 215/50-R17. If I were you, I'd get the latter. Why? Because with 45 wall size the wheel arch and tyre wall gap will look horrendous and soon you will be asked by many of us to lower your ride. Grande is a nice luxury family car here in Pakistan. Ride quality will also be affected. The 50 sidewall will compensate for both to a better degree.
    Please note that with 50 sidewall your ride will increase its height slightly more thereby increasing an already present body roll factor.
    The 215/50-17 profile coupled with a choice of comfortable performance touring tyres will work well with the comfortable suspension of Altis and leave little to wish for or regrets for going into 17 inch

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now, the debate of 215/50-R17 vs 225/45-R17: Sir you will have to make sure you get really light yet strong alloys with the correct corresponding off set. Remember, the tyre itself has some weight. Couple that with a no-name rim of wrongly claimed off set and you got yourself a stressed suspension, affected ride quality, not-so-precise handling and what not. You really do not need to increase that contact patch from 215 to 225 unless you are really impulsive over that "wow" factor. Sure it will become grippy but then do mind the price and affordability factor. And please always choose a profile and tyre that is easily available afterwards. I'm sure you don't want 2 Michelins at the front and Bridgestones at the rear. Lolz. Hope this helps

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some more mashoori.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Michelin Pilot Exalto are available in 17 inch. They are probably even superior to the HP Primacy in aggressive driving department

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I usually prefer michelin or continental tires, but this time around I have my cars wheels wrapped in general tires (altimax hp) - its an old fat mercedes e320, reason to buy was chiefly I got them for about 40% of its original price.

secondly I have two major problems where I live
    1 rain
    2 road noise - damn roads are made of concrete like aircraft runway

these tyres perform really nice in both departments and I have worn them down about 40% (assuming). They are quite odd tires and not available on retail off shelf - need to order them online. The strange part was that they balanced with very low weights and one didnt require any at all.

I drive 120 miles each day and sometimes to other cities/towns and have always been satisfied - low noise so I can listen to the radio - yes they are not bubble + glue racing tires but Im not racing anyway. neither are they "brand pompous" - they are fit for my purpose and are perfectly fit for use - they will be retired in the next 20,000 miles.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Anyone having Pirelli Cinturato P1 tyres for Civic 2014?

Michelin Pilot Exalto are available in 17 inch. They are probably even superior to the HP Primacy in aggressive driving department
    Tried michelin main karachi office for 215/50 R17 in primacy, however they only had 215/45 in Pilot Exalto 2. For 21000 per tyre. Primacy was not available in 17's, which would have been relatively softer. Will try some stockists tommorow.
    Power wears out those who don't have it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1415292582.939821.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  166.1 KB
    This rim is replica of altis thai model. Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1415292634.890208.jpg
Views: 1851
Size:  181.0 KB
    Its available in 16 inches in karachi, however the only thing missing in replica is the black color on the inside, which doesn't make the design as prominent as genuine ones.
    Power wears out those who don't have it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List