Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Is 18 inch rim too much for the 2014 civic?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Is 18 inch rim too much for the 2014 civic?

People usually go for 17s, but I was wondering will going 18 be a bad idea? I know several civics on US forums having 18 but I have a feeling the locally built civics here might not have that robust suspension to handle the 18s. What are your opinions? Or should I go for 17 inches?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've already got one of the best premium line tyres on one of the most rare rims. And I've happened to experience them, falling in love is a guaranteed thing. 17" which we all know sacrifices comfort or ride quality a lot with the suspensions our PKDM Civics and Corollas offer here warrant ultra light rims and premium tyres to reduce that effect. Heavy Chinese no-name rims and cheap tyres won't just cut it here. So my philosophy is to do something right the very first time and do it meticulously well or don't do it at all. Honestly I deliberated over the 1,75,000/- pretty seriously for two reasons. You all know us enthusiasts get bored of our rides after sometime. Then we get them washed, detailed or carry out some maintenance and the love bug bites again. Well having a set of 17" apart from the currently installed 16s was an idea to keep the love affair alive.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ anj3m: why on earth would you wanna jailbreak iOS8 and that too on an iPhone 6. 😢😱

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anj3m View Post
    Is 18 inch rim too much for the 2014 civic? -1502466
    Looks lovely on your black ride. Can you share tyre details, Rim brand and price?

Sent from my One using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is 18 inch rim too much for the 2014 civic? -1502466
    Is that civic with???? Omg omg

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    ^^^ anj3m: why on earth would you wanna jailbreak iOS8 and that too on an iPhone 6. 

I can't live without a jb iPhone man! All the tweaks, shortcuts and lil mods i can do to it makes it nicer to use. Like the control center, I've added custom toggles and also can launch apps straight from there! I can also torrent movies straight to my phone as well because of jailbreak

Is 18 inch rim too much for the 2014 civic? -1502553
    Is 18 inch rim too much for the 2014 civic? -1502555
    Is 18 inch rim too much for the 2014 civic? -1502556

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    Looks lovely on your black ride. Can you share tyre details, Rim brand and price?

Thanks bro!
    Rim brand is dtm (i think they're NZ brand or Aussie). They cost me 35k used with 2 bad tyres and two good tyres (reasonable)
    Spent 20k on 2 (almost) new (about 7mm tread) Dunlop SP Sport LM704's (we only have LM703 available commonly in PK, these tyres were imported from japan came with some 1.8 top spec Prius rims). These tyres are amazing, they've changed my life, better than any tyre i've used before seriously! They turn better, grip so much round corners so fast! Braking is just unbelievable, i stop pushing it and often brake earlier than i should with these tyres that's how good they stop. I keep trying to go further and further but my fear kicks in even though these tyres aren't even breaking a sweat! They also have foam on the inside which has some benefits especially on lower profile tyres (heat control, air humidity absorption and a few others i forget!) Oh, and they're 215/45 - which is the largest size u can go on CITY, the old 225/45 tyres were rubbing in the arches.
    Professional repaint only 2,200 - very impressive job i applaud the man and his skills! They were in OEM silver before the paint but i wanted black!

The headlights i made entirely myself. The white light flashes amber with the signal - no one in pakistan can do this yet! Specially imported thing, i'll preview it when i can! Bi-Xenon angel eye projectors (still need vertical/horizontal alignment but they are stil projecting very far). Blacked out chrome.

<br>
    Is 18 inch rim too much for the 2014 civic? -1502558

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is that civic with???? Omg omg
    And yes, that random civic stopped there for some reason. I took a sheet photo but the rims on that were SWEET! 19" perfection, they looked right at home on the new model civic

Foam inside the tyre, this is what it looks like:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You black city looks awesome!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks bro!
    Rim brand is dtm (i think they're NZ brand or Aussie). They cost me 35k used with 2 bad tyres and two good tyres (reasonable)
    Spent 20k on 2 (almost) new (about 7mm tread) Dunlop SP Sport LM704's (we only have LM703 available commonly in PK, these tyres were imported from japan came with some 1.8 top spec Prius rims). These tyres are amazing, they've changed my life, better than any tyre i've used before seriously! They turn better, grip so much round corners so fast! Braking is just unbelievable, i stop pushing it and often brake earlier than i should with these tyres that's how good they stop. I keep trying to go further and further but my fear kicks in even though these tyres aren't even breaking a sweat! They also have foam on the inside which has some benefits especially on lower profile tyres (heat control, air humidity absorption and a few others i forget!) Oh, and they're 215/45 - which is the largest size u can go on CITY, the old 225/45 tyres were rubbing in the arches.
    Professional repaint only 2,200 - very impressive job i applaud the man and his skills! They were in OEM silver before the paint but i wanted black!

The headlights i made entirely myself. The white light flashes amber with the signal - no one in pakistan can do this yet! Specially imported thing, i'll preview it when i can! Bi-Xenon angel eye projectors (still need vertical/horizontal alignment but they are stil projecting very far). Blacked out chrome.

<br>
    Is 18 inch rim too much for the 2014 civic? -1502558
    Dunlop are generally hard might be that those are good tyres. I have used some of best tyres Including Falken Ziex 912, Advan Db.etc but Michelin Pilot Sport 3 Stands out.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anj3m that is one manly looking ride you got there. I'm really glad you are using quality stuff. How about adding some fog lamps and a deck lid or dovetail spoiler. Man share the details of your ride. If I'm missing something, gimme a link to the thread if you've created one. And those extra features through your JB are a treat. I'll follow you IF the battery timings remain same.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Civic on 19's. 18's shouldn't be much of a problem.

Is 18 inch rim too much for the 2014 civic? -1502635

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is 18 inch rim too much for the 2014 civic? -1502636

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ Oh my. I wonder about the ride quality with those and lowered too. Which tyres?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dunlop are generally hard might be that those are good tyres. I have used some of best tyres Including Falken Ziex 912, Advan Db.etc but Michelin Pilot Sport 3 Stands out.

Yeah they are very hard but very grippy. Bro, Pilot Sport Cup 3 tyres and Super Sport tyres are just out of this world a lot of high end performance cars use them including all Porsche models. Advans again are amazing too in racing - used by the Ariel Atom. Dunlops and Bri Potenzas are used by the GT-R which is famous for supercar-munching and mind boggling lateral G force!

But these sorts of tyres aren't for PK roads let alone faisalabadi roads hahaha

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anj3m that is one manly looking ride you got there. I'm really glad you are using quality stuff. How about adding some fog lamps and a deck lid or dovetail spoiler. Man share the details of your ride. If I'm missing something, gimme a link to the thread if you've created one. And those extra features through your JB are a treat. I'll follow you IF the battery timings remain same.

Thanks man Yeah fog lamps im thinking very strongly about but bodykit is next on the list - i include grille and spoiler with bodykit, when i get bodykit done in Jan, i'll be doing the spoiler too. I think a small spoiler would look good, no big wings unless its Evo style ones. Those small flick spoilers probably. I may send that it to the UK to get professionally water-transfer painted to give it a carbon fiber look! But water transfer is too too expensive ... Also need to do something about tail-lights... that would be an extra 20k tho

P.S. I'll make a thread later on and upload vid of the amber signal lights in action!
    Yeah, all my features don't mess with battery life except when i'm torrenting, but that's to be expected!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah they are very hard but very grippy. Bro, Pilot Sport Cup 3 tyres and Super Sport tyres are just out of this world a lot of high end performance cars use them including all Porsche models. Advans again are amazing too in racing - used by the Ariel Atom. Dunlops and Bri Potenzas are used by the GT-R which is famous for supercar-munching and mind boggling lateral G force!

But these sorts of tyres aren't for PK roads let alone faisalabadi roads hahaha
    I have used Michelin Pilot Sport 3 205/55/16 on corolla and all I can say is wow wow wow. Corolla isn't even that super grippy car but my word those are one hell of grippy tyres. I highly recommend using them plus they long last IMO.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have used Michelin Pilot Sport 3 205/55/16 on corolla and all I can say is wow wow wow. Corolla isn't even that super grippy car but my word those are one hell of grippy tyres. I highly recommend using them plus they long last IMO.

Link to my ride's thread:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...transformation

Really? I'd love to see how they'd compare to these LM704s! How much did the tyres set u back??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Link to my ride's thread:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...transformation

Really? I'd love to see how they'd compare to these LM704s! How much did the tyres set u back??
    I got the tyres set with Enkei Rims 16s for 48k if I remember correctly. And these tyres are must if you like grip and cornering, Since this comes from a guy who has used Advan db and Falken Ziex 912 which itself is one hell of a grippy tyre you simple would find my statement correct. Pilot Sport 3 are astonishing tyres and certainly one of the best tyres ever produced, TireTrack rates them very highly as well. Use them and then tell me about the grip if you have luck finding them. I have my set for sale which has good around 80 to 85% tread do tell me if someone wants them, They're a treat to use. Had I got the luck to find them in 17s I would've had gone for them eyes closed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List