842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by eemmads View Post
      Actually ghayyour is right. But these are still in prototype zone.

Inside Scoop: people/engineers/designers or whatever u want to call them are not a big fan of the back bumpers and height of the new civic. So now what they are trying is to fiddle with it as much as they possibly can which could give the civic a look to be content with.

If im not wrong the units already produced are at honda production facility and not at a dealership. Maybe ghayyour can clear that. But till FIRST WEEK OF APRIL, they were still thinking of not going with the same back bumpers as the international version.

Abb khuda ka wasta hai sources na poochnay beth jana. Nahi maanni baat toh na mano and ignore my comment.

Sent from my SM-G925F using PW Forums mobile app
      Will this delay the launch ?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Inside Scoop: people/engineers/designers or whatever u want to call them are not a big fan of the back bumpers and height of the new civic. So now what they are trying is to fiddle with it as much as they possibly can which could give the civic a look to be content with.

If im not wrong the units already produced are at honda production facility and not at a dealership. Maybe ghayyour can clear that. But till FIRST WEEK OF APRIL, they were still thinking of not going with the same back bumpers as the international version.

Abb khuda ka wasta hai sources na poochnay beth jana. Nahi maanni baat toh na mano and ignore my comment.

No wonder from back it does look ugly.
      -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 26402634820 eabca24c89 b20160425_205129 by wahab11375, on Flickr
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

It doesn't matter how ugly it is from rear side. They could take off both bumpers and sell it naked just like that and it would still sell like hot cakes.

That is what lack of competition results in for ordinary consumers who dream about buying a decent car offering true value for money (not referring to blind fanboys or Atlas shills/moles here in various 10th Gen threads). Going non-standard would also mean extra expense and fitting/adaptation issues with after-market accessories.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Very interesting news about the bumper. Yes not a fan of the back, overall great but back is the weakest point imo. Maybe they could offer the modulo kit to change things a bit.

And im sure they do not want people saying after that the civic hits every speed bump out there. Whatever they do I just hope they dont make it ride like a boat.

I got told that they are seriously considering not introducing a manual version, still working on it. Price would be finalized near launch as they are trying to set the best price they can. Ill try to get a feature list soon but certain things that honda have standardized across the civic range. For eg, push start, electronic park brake etc, these will be coming. Lane watch wont as pretty obvious too its not practical here.

On another note was told that they are actively looking at introducing another vehicle between city and civic price point (if possible), after the civic dust settles. To me that is more of a confirmation that at least the basic 1.8 civic will be priced near current 9th gen top price. The 1.5T may (and I stress on may as prices are not confirmed yet) be around 2-3 lakh more than the 1.8 (from what I was told). Lets see.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by roony View Post
      Very interesting news about the bumper. Yes not a fan of the back, overall great but back is the weakest point imo. Maybe they could offer the modulo kit to change things a bit.

And im sure they do not want people saying after that the civic hits every speed bump out there. Whatever they do I just hope they dont make it ride like a boat.

I got told that they are seriously considering not introducing a manual version, still working on it. Price would be finalized near launch as they are trying to set the best price they can. Ill try to get a feature list soon but certain things that honda have standardized across the civic range. For eg, push start, electronic park brake etc, these will be coming. Lane watch wont as pretty obvious too its not practical here.

On another note was told that they are actively looking at introducing another vehicle between city and civic price point (if possible), after the civic dust settles. To me that is more of a confirmation that at least the basic 1.8 civic will be priced near current 9th gen top price. The 1.5T may (and I stress on may as prices are not confirmed yet) be around 2-3 lakh more than the 1.8 (from what I was told). Lets see.
      Any idea when will it be launched ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

For god sake, please close this launching discussion, jab ajaye gi showroom par nazar ajaye gi ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by roony View Post

Quite honestly, i dont know much about the inside features they are giving.

Whatever i know, i have been sharing as soon as i find out.
      The reflectors in the back bumper are a very big turn off when it comes to the look of the car.
      Even though its more of an aerodynamics thing, i would say a complete stock bumper would look great.
      The current international version's back bumper is an eye sore when it comes to white and silver colours. It gets compensated in black and other dark colours but atlas does need to realise, white and silver are favourite colours when it comes to civic.

Not giving a manual version in Pakistan would be a gamble in my reckoning. Although influx of Japanese assembled cars has brought most of the car driving people of this nation into the folds of automatic cars. But i still think there are many who would still go for a manual (though its beyond my understanding why they would do so)

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
      Will this delay the launch ?

I doubt that brother. Its just the bumper. And they are just contemplating which one looks better or feels better on the whole. Plus this discussion was taking place till first week of April. I think by now Sherazi's wife would have made the decision as to which back bumper gives the car a better look.

After all women do have a better aesthetic sense than us men. :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      165 Post(s)
      Tagged
      2 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Just saw this awesome video about Honda Sensing technology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX19xb-jLfM
      Keep Faith in Allah...

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrUsmanNawaz View Post
      Just saw this awesome video about Honda Sensing technology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX19xb-jLfM
      Lovely. Lane assist system not fully mature.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
      Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.
      Enzo Ferrari

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
      Any idea when will it be launched ?

Its the same what was mentioned by a couple people before, July (ish). That could change, lets see. At least its not in 2017.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quite honestly, i dont know much about the inside features they are giving.

Whatever i know, i have been sharing as soon as i find out.
      The reflectors in the back bumper are a very big turn off when it comes to the look of the car.
      Even though its more of an aerodynamics thing, i would say a complete stock bumper would look great.
      The current international version's back bumper is an eye sore when it comes to white and silver colours. It gets compensated in black and other dark colours but atlas does need to realise, white and silver are favourite colours when it comes to civic.

Not giving a manual version in Pakistan would be a gamble in my reckoning. Although influx of Japanese assembled cars has brought most of the car driving people of this nation into the folds of automatic cars. But i still think there are many who would still go for a manual (though its beyond my understanding why they would do so)

The person who told me about the MT has been invovled in atlas marketing for a long time. He said MT sales are about 14% for the civic. Prices of any new model are finalized near the end as they try to get the price (as in they try to see which areas they can get cut costs down etc).

This is my own view point, maybe my not offering a MT they can lower costs a bit due to having a more streamlined process by offering only AT. They of course are taking a beating from the corolla so they want to get back in the game and price is critical.

Prices for Australia finally revealed on their site, along with the brochure (below).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Z...ew?usp=sharing

that black chrome grille on the RS version looks good.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic "Pakistan Launch"

So the new civic has been on sale in the US for more than 6 months now and would like to discuss what sort if potential the car has in terms of performance. I don't want to discuss this topic in the 2 sticky threads because this is a specific topic of discussion that deserves its own thread.

Firstly, the new civic 1.5t was not launched with a manual version in the States and up till now is still not available although they are planning on launching it in the near future. Prototypes have been made with the MT and some auto journalists have been given brief drives with them but they are tight lipped on the subject. The reason I think the MT was only available for 2.0 and not the 1.5T was because of the higher torque output of the turbo motor is putting a lot of stress on the components of the gearbox, such as the clutch, and honda didn't have a cost effective solution.

With the CVT the Civic T is doing some good numbers even beaten the previous gen si on the drag strip. Now even though the CVT is very efficient, I think the MT will be slightly quicker, especially in the lower gears. other advantages of the MT is that it will be a little cheaper to buy (50,000-90,000 cheaper) and will be more sturdy than the CVT if you were to tune the car. question is, how much faster is it then the CVT?

Another big point of discussion is, of course the turbo motor itself. it is a blessing that the first turbo car to enter our market is a real gem. all the auto journalist are saying its a little rocket and even established companies like Hondata are giddy with the new engine. For reference, here is a comparison with a Mazda RX-8.

Car & Driver TEST RESULTS:

Civic Turbo (2016):

Zero to 60 mph: 6.6 sec
      Zero to 100 mph: 16.9 sec

Standing ?-mile: 15.1 sec @ 95 mph

Mazda Rx-8 R3 (2009)

Zero to 60 mph: 6.7 sec
      Zero to 100 mph: 17.7 sec

Standing ?-mile: 15.1 sec @ 93 mph

This is even more impressive when you see that the RX-8 was rated at 232 BHP and the New civic Turbo is rated at 'only' 174 BHP! Even more good news is that Injen in reporting that the new civic T has seen the most performance increase from their intake then any other car they have installed it to (>20hp). Clearly there is a lot of potential here but now it be interesting to see what BHP yields can we expect with a light tune like exhaust, intake and tune; is 240 possible?

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

China has a 6sp MT with the 1.5T. This would suggest that its ready but other markets havnt introduced it yet for other marketing or logistic reasons. Dont know. Maybe a review comes out soon on output numbers for the 6sp in china.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I hope we get a black/grey interior like we had in the 7th gen civic in 2001-03. never liked beige in anything especially car interiors! hope Honda Atlas give us this option.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Globally it has the same blackish tone dashboard, only the door panel upholstery and seats are different. The dashboard is monotone. And the dashboard design does suggest it can't be two tone. So my guess is: Atlas might offer the option of gray seats + door panels and beige seats + door panels since it won't be much of a hassle with the same dashboard and mouldings for both color schemes.
      Like they had offered recently in leather the orange color (which in my opinion was pathetic) they may continue the trend with Civic X

Architecture is the art of how to waste space

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers