842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
      CVT are delicate even today, go ahead and read pros and cons of CVT or try comparing conventional auto with CVT, you will find there are lot of consideration required for CVT transmission, while conventional auto is rigid and durable without too much consideration.

Foremost issue is the heatup issue on high load and continuous run, 2nd CVT car cannot be dragged to the road if broken, it can only be towed with front tires up, another thing is don't try to tow any other car with your CVT car, it can put extra pressure on transmission which will cause issues, another thing is CVT cannot be repaired, it can be replaced only which cost a lot more, it produces loud and uneven sound, not the smooth sound we used to hear in manual and conventional auto cars

There are however 2 benefit of CVT, it is fuel efficient and has smooth shifting (which is subjective because some people want to notice gear change when they push the car), let me know if i missed any other benefit of CVT.

Why manufacturers producing CVT ? because it is less costly to manufacture than conventional auto, you will not find CVT in any high end car, Check Lexus lineup, you will find 6 speed auto or 8 speed auto.

Another reason is that, In Western countries, repair cost is too much, so even repairing conventional auto cost much, due to which CVT has demand because if it is broken it can be replaced!
      I know the pros and cons bro. But my point is that why would you take CVT to such extremes on a civic? Who drags on a CVT in first place?
      You want to overpower the car then simply get manual gear box period.

In a city regular drive, CVT is perfect. The fuel efficiency and responsiveness should be the first priority. And CVT is the best in this regard.
      And for fun, the new CVT comes with 7 speed gearbox as well with paddle shifters (Corolla Grande ) so CVT is the best of both worlds now.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shabbir233 View Post
      You never compare one type of transmission with other. You compare automatic with automatic. All automatics behave same way, they are not meant for racing. If you like racing go for manual. Nothing beats manual. But if you compare Honda automatic with Corolla automatic (4 gears LOL), then Honda is way ahead.

Yesterday I read there is car manufacturer in USA who is producing high performance car with 10 speed automatic transmission. He's not investing in CVT. CVT's are not meant for high performance cars.
      Honda automatic with corolla automatic (7 gears cvti lollllllllll)
      i dont ge tone thing, why comparing civic top of the line with corolla gli automatic 4 speed. does not make sense, compare trim to trim mate.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      126 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani9999 View Post
      Some points to ponder:
      1. Honda is already recalling its all-new engine
      2. Turbo is a first timer in pakistan, it requires super clean air and a specific RON no fuel. we have neither. Will the honda warranty cover it if my turbo sucks up the dust etc that is usually around construction of metro bus etc. and burns up? not likely.
      3. Am I going to find good fuel without any mixing or adulteration?... not every time. this engine needs good fuel.
      4. Turbo spins at a very high rpm. it needs good oil to support that. all we have in pakistan is cleaned refurbished motor oil. nothing genuine even at dealerships. add to that the extreme ambient temperature, and that oil around the turbo is going to become water-like substance. turbo isnt going to last much.
      5. New technology , only Honda Stealership can handle? they are going to rip us off big time.
      6. 1.5 litre has lower taxes for import, and honda sales people are already softening us up for 2.7m price tag down here in the comments section. not good.!
      7. Am i going to gamble that much cash on a car that has new tech/unsupportive environment here? no. I will wait and watch a few months while people do the real world test with their own money and provide feedback so I may make an informed decesion...
      If you use oem air filter and change as per the instructions manual, there is no reason for the turbo to fail or suck up dust.
      I don't know which dealerships you're talking about, I have always seen sealed Total lubricants at Honda 3s.
      This is a 4dr family sedan, not a Nurburgring time attack vehicle. Turbo in this particular car is aimed toward economy and some improved performance.
      You always have a choice to get your ride maintained with local ustaad g to save some dough, Im not willing to.

Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app
      What goes around, comes around.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Default Interesting reivew

Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Today again i confirmed from my source and as per him he said civic will 110% launch at end of july this year..he told me trust him and if u will not get it at the end of july dont ever trust me again...lol.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers
      Beshak ALLAH he sy hy sub waqt sy pehly nahin zarorat sy zada nahin.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      57 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani9999 View Post
      Some points to ponder:
      1. Honda is already recalling its all-new engine
      2. Turbo is a first timer in pakistan, it requires super clean air and a specific RON no fuel. we have neither. Will the honda warranty cover it if my turbo sucks up the dust etc that is usually around construction of metro bus etc. and burns up? not likely.
      3. Am I going to find good fuel without any mixing or adulteration?... not every time. this engine needs good fuel.
      4. Turbo spins at a very high rpm. it needs good oil to support that. all we have in pakistan is cleaned refurbished motor oil. nothing genuine even at dealerships. add to that the extreme ambient temperature, and that oil around the turbo is going to become water-like substance. turbo isnt going to last much.
      5. New technology , only Honda Stealership can handle? they are going to rip us off big time.
      6. 1.5 litre has lower taxes for import, and honda sales people are already softening us up for 2.7m price tag down here in the comments section. not good.!
      7. Am i going to gamble that much cash on a car that has new tech/unsupportive environment here? no. I will wait and watch a few months while people do the real world test with their own money and provide feedback so I may make an informed decesion...
      There are a lot of turbos cars running in Pak even on super fuel, u just have to maintain it properly with the right time. I have been driving turbo cars since 6-7 yrs in Pak, there are 1000s of merc , audi and bmw all of them are coming in turbo petrol engines. These modern turbo engine were made to run on less RON as well but wont give full potential power unless u run on higher RON but still give good mileage n less co2 smog(pollution) which was the main reason every German and Japanese are going turbo engine...even there's new 2300cc 4 cylinder turbo ford mustang...honda diesel turbo were successful in Europe and India so hopefully their turbo petrol engine will be successful in future. As for the price check the Thai/Indonesia price which convert to our 3.0m pkr so i doubt it will be 2.7m

Sent from my HTC One_M8 dual sim using Tapatalk
      My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

based on conversion rates, their 9th gen was also 3-4 lacs expensive than our ones so 2.7 lacs quite possible

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
      There are a lot of turbos cars running in Pak even on super fuel, u just have to maintain it properly with the right time. I have been driving turbo cars since 6-7 yrs in Pak, there are 1000s of merc , audi and bmw all of them are coming in turbo petrol engines. These modern turbo engine were made to run on less RON as well but wont give full potential power unless u run on higher RON but still give good mileage n less co2 smog(pollution) which was the main reason every German and Japanese are going turbo engine...even there's new 2300cc 4 cylinder turbo ford mustang...honda diesel turbo were successful in Europe and India so hopefully their turbo petrol engine will be successful in future. As for the price check the Thai/Indonesia price which convert to our 3.0m pkr so i doubt it will be 2.7m

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      57 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sallondon View Post
      based on conversion rates, their 9th gen was also 3-4 lacs expensive than our ones so 2.7 lacs quite possible
      Tht will be fully loaded 1.8 cvt from 2.5-2.7m, honda civic 1.5T fully loaded in Indonesia costing 475.000.000rupiah and in Thailand its for 1,099,000baht...in Pak it will be above 2.7m for sure

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Tht will be fully loaded 1.8 cvt from 2.5-2.7m, honda civic 1.5T fully loaded in Indonesia costing 475.000.000rupiah and in Thailand its for 1,099,000baht...in Pak it will be above 2.7m for sure

It will be heavily stripped down to keep prices 1-2 lakh plus of outgoing models
      Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

agreed, the figure given by honda test driver for 1.5Twas of 2.6 M after he test drove Honda HRV back in Jan and discussed Civic X with higher ups ,

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
      It will be heavily stripped down to keep prices 1-2 lakh plus of outgoing models

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      57 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
      I hope they wont remove push start, smart key, auto climate, power leather seats , led front headlights and the 17inch sport RS rims as it will look like base civic 1.8 cvt

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

The center hump in front of rear seat is back in CIVIC 2016.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Can some one comment about the comfort level of rear seat in Civic 2016.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I will agree to Mani but, Honda can make some alterations to work in our environment it's not a big deal

Sent from my Nexus 5X using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

as per my thinking, green good chance, blue may be, red big no no , but lets see

I hope they wont remove push start, smart key, auto climate, power leather seats , led front headlights and the 17inch sport RS rims as it will look like base civic 1.8 cvt

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

We won't get the electric seats and rims for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Oh my Good ......turbo here in pakistan people think that it is a rocket engine it will blow or it will heat up .........what I can say more ......no info about turbo and commenting like engineers
      Second dust will ruins the turbo my brothers all engine needs air to run ......

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Stupid review .....

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

No chance for Power leather seats, led,17 inch rims. Infotainment will be optional.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List