Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 925 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413813 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 18487
Like Tree11456Likes

Thread: 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Despite all this hue and cry I guarantee the car will rock the market. No matter how much people here are complaining the car will be a superhit. Mark my words and what I said will happen. So those complaining can keep complaining it won't affect sales of this car at the end. Just like people complained a price of 1499 for 8th Gen after outgoing 1232 for Oriel PT 7th Gen. Just like people abused Atlas 10 years ago for not giving a smaller engine and jumping to 1.8 with no cheaper option, for eliminating EXi, still it was a hit and the amount of complaining masses was exactly like what it is today for Civic X.
      You guys can keep abusing Atlas but later everybody will have praise for Civic X like the abusers back then today still praise Reborn 8th Gen
      We as a nation have a habit to jump to conclusions and judge thing according to our brains. Almost every new model of Civic first recieves a massive critique but is a success contrary to public reaction.
      Hum kissi bhi haal mai khush nahi ho saktay.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I have a feeling that AHL just triggered a marketing stunt to decrease 1.5 T booking since no one is heading to 1.8
      They increased the price for 1.5 T and decrease 1.8 price.

Now I believe this is going to happen in open market.
      NO one will go to book any variant on 50% down payment so ultimately HONDA will gain time to prepare for already booked units (Obviously they are overbooked) 5 Billion already in there pocket

So once the new booking slows down and everything gets under control till the actual launch, they will disclose the new prices which I believe should be same as on prebooking date (6th June).

Now for HI OCTANE issue
      I would suggest to use your contacts/references in HONDA specially the TL and Workshop Manager who will definitely go to AHL for 1.5/1.8 technical training and once they return , they can only confirm if there would be an issue to run 1.5 on super.

I have a contact which I am going to use and will update you guys once he returns back after the technical training because he told me I will be going for training pretty soon when I booked my 1.5 Turbo on June 9th

In worse scenario if 1.5 turbo can not run on super then I would revert back to 1.8 for sure since I have already made my mind to sell my GLI 2015
      Good luck to all TURBO Geeks

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
      What will you do in other cities or when you have to travel outside Islamabad? Plus it is so cumbersome to hunt for fuel. One should keep a car whose fuel is available everywhere.

Sent from my Infinix X509 using Tapatalk
      Guys it's just a recommendation and not a mandatory requirement. I own a merc with turbo charged engine and never used HOBC fuel. Never had any issues since 2012. Hence don't get scared of this recommendation and enjoy he higher power of turbo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Alternate Scenarios,
      1. An Oriel PT for 24, public reaction: yaar yeh kya bakwaas hai ab Banda Civic le aur Corolla waali class mai aa jaye
      2. A Turbo for 25, public reaction: yaar yeh kya bakwaas hai, har lallu ke liyay accessible kar di hai koi exclusive feeling hi nahi
      3. No provisional bookings and bookings starting 2 months later: yaar Atlas ko jootay maare banda abhi tak kuch nahi diya
      I remember people here begging "Atlas please give us something" and now that we have gotten that something we are still crying.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

F1
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

when they said NON- REFUNDABLE i was sure they are about to do something this time and we people are just emotional and jump to conclusion. !
      Godzilla under the Hood !!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Its buyers fault but still they can file a case for this sick consumerism method adopted by AHL.

Anyway here I am enjoying the show...quite happy with updated GLi.
      <..If everything seems under control, U r not going fast enough..>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      62 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

i think appropriate strategy should be to get the base model civic (hoping it will atleast have CVT) and than with some minor tweeks to the looks make it look like a 1.5 Turbo.

we already dont have roads to test 140 HP car. what use would be 170 HP (more like 150ish with local low standard fuel).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

But how you take the world "ONLY".. clearly written in the internal letter. We have already discussed extensively about RON.. you can read it by scrolling up few pages. Now if you own a 3.0 million PKR brand new car.. Will you go for recommended thing by manufacturer or will assume it will run OK on a regular gasoline?

Quote Originally Posted by nkhannk View Post
      Guys it's just a recommendation and not a mandatory requirement. I own a merc with turbo charged engine and never used HOBC fuel. Never had any issues since 2012. Hence don't get scared of this recommendation and enjoy he higher power of turbo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I don't know why Atlas does not want to sell turbo in good numbers and why they are promoting 1.8, if people are demanding turbo then just provide them turbo at reasonable price, hobc is preferable doesn't mean super can not be used and hobc is not that uncommon also, the thing for concern is 29 lacs, at this price most of the people would go either for Grande or imported one.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mnoman1979 View Post
      Oh my God now we have dunger engineer also.......
      The engineer just told me how the system of an engine works with examples which a lay man can understand. The rest is on you guys. Follow the manufacturer or don't. By follow the manufacturer means the manufacturer (HONDA JAPAN) not the assembler (Honda Atlas the liars and deceits) The win or loss is yours and yours alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dawood656 View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ZgT4IkxVE

Honda civic engines and power train presentation by Chief Engineer.. Please watch the presentation and read the 2016 Honda civic sedan press kit. It mentions regular unleaded 87 Octane. What the hell is Honda Pakistan trying to do.

http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=8705-en
      +1

I don't know whats wrong with people here. I posted this a while ago where a Japanese Honda Engineer Engineer is saying that the car needs 87 Octane. PERIOD.

People are just so hung up on HOBC, I think Atlas-Honda picked up on it and leaked this so called letter to get more people to buy 1.8L. I'm willing to bet that 1.5T will run fine on 87 RON.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      406 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
      I don't know why Atlas does not want to sell turbo in good numbers and why they are promoting 1.8, if people are demanding turbo then just provide them turbo at reasonable price, hobc is preferable doesn't mean super can not be used and hobc is not that uncommon also, the thing for concern is 29 lacs, at this price most of the people would go either for Grande or imported one.
      Bhai R18 ko to bhee khapana ha Jo inn kay pass bach gai thay aur unn ko jaalay lag gai thay. Saari dunya say dirt cheap scrap rate per utha kar yahan 1.8 10th gen Civic ma daal ker bechayn hayn. Just like Indus three generation say aik hee engine.

Sent from my Infinix X509 using Tapatalk
      Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

You missed lot of other posts here. I will copy paste for you again.

Yes he / the engineer is is right.. 87 in US is regular which is 91 elsewhere.. US use different formula for calculation which is around 4 to 5 point less than elsewhere rating.. This means you need 91 as Honda Atlas recommend as the ONLY.

Honda's lead power train engineer, Yuji Matsumochi is talking about a USDM and fuel rating / regular 87 available in US specifically in the video.

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch -1692395

Also read https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...11#post5113001

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeejay View Post
      +1

I don't know whats wrong with people here. I posted this a while ago where a Japanese Honda Engineer Engineer is saying that the car needs 87 Octane. PERIOD.

People are just so hung up on HOBC, I think Atlas-Honda picked up on it and leaked this so called letter to get more people to buy 1.8L. I'm willing to bet that 1.5T will run fine on 87 RON.
      Quote Originally Posted by dawood656 View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ZgT4IkxVE

Honda civic engines and power train presentation by Chief Engineer.. Please watch the presentation and read the 2016 Honda civic sedan press kit. It mentions regular unleaded 87 Octane. What the hell is Honda Pakistan trying to do.

http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/a...spx?id=8705-en

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Guys tell me the additives which i can add in normal super fuel to make its octane number higher and how much they costs

Dr.Abdullah Zia

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

My dad just got off the phone with his contact in AHL headoffice he says theres no need to use HOBC it will run smoothly on super but it might feel underpowered if the petrol is even lower than a normal Milawat k baghair wala fuel ! long story short he meant use normal super and stay away from milawat walay pumps it not necessary to use hobc.

Furthermore he said they have been using normal super from shell in their test cars even without any problem.

and when my dad asked k what about that letter he said wo chhor dein aap wo uper level ki gaming hay and said trust me mere saamne roz testing ki garian chalti hein i know!

So stop worrying it wont work on super no multi billion MNC can be this stupid to launch a car that wont work on the easily availabe fuel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

My car has a 2L TSI turbo. You can see it needs min 91 on US rating which is premium fuel in US and 95 on European rating.. See picture below..
      Same is the case with USDM Civic, it runs on 87 Regular in US because that 87 rating when converted to RON elsewhere it becomes 91.

Read chemistry behind it here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...11#post5113001

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - af07b793501bc7016c9c584dbb71a85b

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      Alternate Scenarios,
      1. An Oriel PT for 24, public reaction: yaar yeh kya bakwaas hai ab Banda Civic le aur Corolla waali class mai aa jaye
      2. A Turbo for 25, public reaction: yaar yeh kya bakwaas hai, har lallu ke liyay accessible kar di hai koi exclusive feeling hi nahi
      3. No provisional bookings and bookings starting 2 months later: yaar Atlas ko jootay maare banda abhi tak kuch nahi diya
      I remember people here begging "Atlas please give us something" and now that we have gotten that something we are still crying.
      4. Another positive step from Atlas: another lame phapphay kuttni excuse from the public.
      Saada koi haal nahi

Project Reborn 8th Gen Civic 2007 - 272964
      bhaya some thing nuhi pura danda diya hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Please don't do any such test.. you will ruin it.. and its not recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah_Xia View Post
      Guys tell me the additives which i can add in normal super fuel to make its octane number higher and how much they costs

Dr.Abdullah Zia

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      Please don't do any such test.. you will ruin it.. and its not recommended
      So suggest me some high quality fuel cans for carrying HOBC from some other cities to my city.

Dr.Abdullah Zia

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMANKHAN View Post
      My dad just got off the phone with his contact in AHL headoffice he says theres no need to use HOBC it will run smoothly on super but it might feel underpowered if the petrol is even lower than a normal Milawat k baghair wala fuel ! long story short he meant use normal super and stay away from milawat walay pumps it not necessary to use hobc.

Furthermore he said they have been using normal super from shell in their test cars even without any problem.

and when my dad asked k what about that letter he said wo chhor dein aap wo uper level ki gaming hay and said trust me mere saamne roz testing ki garian chalti hein i know!

So stop worrying it wont work on super no multi billion MNC can be this stupid to launch a car that wont work on the easily availabe fuel
      Anything about the price ? is that also some kind of a game or what ?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List