Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 320 of 921 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420820 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 18404
Like Tree11437Likes

Thread: 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mmaslam View Post
      -I have always been a CIVIC fan, but never had a CIVIC before.

-I have to decide b/w CIVIC 10th Gen 1.8L and Grande. The pricing is not an issue. Timing is a problem.
      Delivery time is an issue. Some Honda dealers are being rude, and are not even willing to convey a rough estimate of the car delivery time.
      If i book a Grande on Monday,i'll get it Mid-August. As for the CIVIC, I have no idea. Does anybody have any idea how much will i have to wait for a CIVIC?
      I wonder how IMC and Atlas will handle car delivery and advance deadlines per new Auto Policy 2016 applicable from July.

Will they price the car high (as seems the case) inclusive of expected refund/fine due to late delivery, deliver late and then compensate from that additional amount or will they use quota system to only book as many cars as they expect to produce and thereby actively encourage practice of 'own' money in favor of investors and dealerships.

Or will they do the sensible thing and expand their production capabilities to 'assemble' more units?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      As per current poll updates.. 66% opting for 1.5T.. https://www.pollcaster.com/c/poll/dF...dseMoWxJJfel7N
      This poll might not be representative. I like 1.5 T, but I will buy 1.8.
      Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      22 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
      This poll might not be representative. I like 1.5 T, but I will buy 1.8.
      Yes sir I know.. at least it tells us what people want / like

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
      No. The 1.8l engine in the US is from the new Earth Dream series. The one they will use here is the same old R18a used in 8th and 9th gen.
      The engine in USDM 9th Gen was also the same R18a which we got in our 8th and 9th Gen Civic. So it was not Earth Dreams. Whereas the 10th Gen USDM has 2.0L Earth Dreams engine which is only meant for US market.
      Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia are also retaining the old R18 engine in their lower spec 10th Gen Civic. There is no 1.8L engine with Earth Dreams. In fact in US, the HR-V/Vezel is also coming with the simple R18 engine.
      Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      32 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I wonder how IMC and Atlas will handle car delivery and advance deadlines per new Auto Policy 2016 applicable from July.

Will they price the car high (as seems the case) inclusive of expected refund/fine due to late delivery, deliver late and then compensate from that additional amount or will they use quota system to only book as many cars as they expect to produce and thereby actively encourage practice of 'own' money in favor of investors and dealerships.

Or will they do the sensible thing and expand their production capabilities to 'assemble' more units?
      No actually due to Ramzan timing of Factory is short and i can comfirm you as i have one
      friend at Honda who told me 35 Cars per day is producing by Honda

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AffaanAlAziz1 View Post
      Price difference between 1.5 turbo and Grande cvti after registration is about 0.5 million! Do you think guys it's a competitive price and justified?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
      This reminds me of the discussions about the 0-meter Prius when IMC introduced it for 4.5M. Many members said that it was better to buy a Corolla or Civic and use the saved amount on fuel which could cover 8-10 years of use at least plus servicing and minor modifications to car.

The current pricing strategy for CivX vs current price for top of the line Grande makes me think along those same lines as discussed above. 0.5M could fuel up Grande for a couple years, even more if a lower Corolla trim is bought. Fans will be fans and once the initial enthusiasm subsides, Honda will shamefully have to combine sale statistics of Civic and City again to falsely prop up sale numbers. Purely on fiscal merit and practical use case, Corolla (CVTi/Grande) makes more sense (especially after the modifications introduced recently) and its higher expected resale counts too (regardless of personal take on it) since for many people in Pakistan, a car is an investment.

Just some points to ponder...

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      32 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

And delivery time of Turbo is almost slipped to 4 months
      Those who booked on 6th, 7th and 8th of june will get their cars in 60 to 75 days

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

the 1.8L engine offered in Honda Civic 8th Gen was R18a1. However a slightly advanced version of this engine was introduced in 2012 with the name R18z1. This new R18z is currently being offered in Thai-Spec 10th Gen civic and USDM HR-V.
      Can anyone here confirm that which engine did we get in PKDM 9th Gen? R18a or R18z?
      Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      222 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
      That lexus CT200 is a beautiful car. Totally looks upscale than these compact cars Civic and Corolla. And quality of Lexus cant be compared with Atlas Civic lol
      Lekin har speed breaker pe lexus lag lag k bande k dil me surakh kr dete hai 😂

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
      Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilz_apprentice View Post
      The engine in USDM 9th Gen was also the same R18a which we got in our 8th and 9th Gen Civic. So it was not Earth Dreams. Whereas the 10th Gen USDM has 2.0L Earth Dreams engine which is only meant for US market.
      Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia are also retaining the old R18a engine in their lower spec 10th Gen Civic. There is no 1.8L engine with Earth Dreams. In fact in US, the HR-V/Vezel is also coming with the simple R18a engine.
      There was a 1.8l Earth Dream variant AFAIK but not 100% sure US Civic had it. Thanks for clarifying.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by goku1 View Post
      Why dont you consider jdms?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app
      Rightly pointed out sir......Grande still gives the best bang for the buck....... All we hoped was the sense to prevail for the pricing but this is too much for a stripped down version......Even if they had given all the Shashkas of USDM then still you could take it down like a bitter pill.....but this pricing is outrageous and plain stupid.
      Getting "High" is my Job

• 17-06-2016, 11:03 PM

PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

What is the delivery time is 1.8. Should be less than 1.5 T because majority of orders were for 1.5 T
      Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      97 Post(s)
      Tagged
      2 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Will the 10th Gen Civic have any adverse impact on the market of Prius 3rd Gen like Grande had?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
      8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      52 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

If someone has booked 1.5T can opt for 1.8L at the time of final settlement. And my feeling is that almost 20% will change their direction towards 1.8L because of price factor. This may reduce the burden on assembly lines and there will be smooth supplies/deliveries. Apart from it Atlas will have final pricing meeting on 1st July. May be they will go for previously declared prices. Otherwise many wise prospects can easily take them to the consumer courts as they misdeclared the prices and lied to their customers. This may lead to a disastrous situation for atlas because those wise guys will not claim only one million but also markups and demurrage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ghayyour View Post
      If someone has booked 1.5T can opt for 1.8L at the time of final settlement. And my feeling is that almost 20% will change their direction towards 1.8L because of price factor. This may reduce the burden on assembly lines and there will be smooth supplies/deliveries. Apart from it Atlas will have final pricing meeting on 1st July. May be they will go for previously declared prices. Otherwise many wise prospects can easily take them to the consumer courts as they misdeclared the prices and lied to their customers. This may lead to a disastrous situation for atlas because those wise guys will not claim only one million but also markups and demurrage.

Agreed

Dr.Abdullah Zia

• 17-06-2016, 11:19 PM

PakWheeler

Reason
      outside links

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I think Honda is confused that with the launch of X generation they are now directly competing with BMW or Audi......there is a very pertinent old saying in Punjabi "Zaat di kohrr kirli, teh Shateeran nun japhhe".......i hope the ones who know this will enjoy it...lolz
      Getting "High" is my Job

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ghayyour View Post

Agreed. Someone should take Atlas to the courts. They cant keep doing this with the customers.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I was just wondering regarding the number of gear ratios 1.5T would have while using paddle shifters as grande is 7 speed on cvti with shifter.
      Secondly, my personal experience is that grande gets a bit more punch in manual drive as the drone effect of CVT is significantly reduced - this is my personal experience after driving the grande for almost 15000 km now. This we would not be able to experience on 1.8 variant as it lacks paddles. Secondly, the paddle shifters on the grande are a bit too small IMO and you really want to have long fingers for a comfortable grip on the steering while using shifters. I would request the vezel owners in the thread to share their experience with paddles (1.5T should have similar) as I am certainly more comfortable using the gear lever for manual shifts on cvti.
      Lastly, and this may sound stupid but I don't have any experience of turbocharged cars, is this turbo always operational even while car is on econ mode or is it like VTEC thingy.
      Opinions from experts and vezel owners would be appreciated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Come on guys focus on the car. Nobody is going to sue Atlas. Relax. Share useful info, like delivery time, features, when it is coming to showrooms.

Constant cribbing would not lead you anywhere, but into circles.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

In terms of running, which will be economical 1.5 T or 1.8 and why?

If i drive normal, then would 1.5T give me much better mileage as compared to 1.8? How about oil drain intervals and other maintenance difference that we can expect between two options?

Experts opinion is requested.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List