This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

I'd prefer the Civic over smaller, suffocating and congested A3 any given day

Lost email account on which my i.d ali.archilounge was based
      I have had an experience with A3 and it is definitely overpriced and pain to maintain too

Quote Originally Posted by noman.rashid View Post
      I have had an experience with A3 and it is definitely overpriced and pain to maintain too
      I have an experience with the 2013 A4 which is slightly bigger than the tiny A3. And the A4 proved to be congested and uncomfortable. Though the drive was a serious charm. But rear passengers specially are in a trouble and cherry on the top is a long journey. So I can thus only imagine after A4 how good the A3 can be. Just a fancy logo is not everything.

I have never had an experience with any of the A4s because I was always the fan of C class and I prefer it over Audi A4 but Audi's bigger toys are genuine machines to play with Audi A7, A8 the REAL Sporty R8
      SO TRUE fancy logo is not everything!!

@arkhitekt
      you didn't comment on my gut feeling of having a slightly different civic

@arkhitekt
      you didn't comment on my gut feeling of having a slightly different civic
      Maafi Sir, as per previous models the difference in shape is just related to cosmetics over the same body. In 8th Gen the difference was front bumper, lights, hood etc and trunk lights. In 9th Gen the differences were similar limited to both rear and front lights (no additional light on rear trunk) and bumper. As far as the Engine is concerned we will have to follow Asian specs as per launch of Thai/Malaysian Civic. But that too is not a given since we got a 1.3 i-Vtec instead of 1.5 in case of City. Atlas will keep in mind local users and environment suited better for giving an Engine in Pakistan.

but the cosmetic changes in 8th gen were better than the one launched as USDM, well in 9th our bumper was good though they had a better emergency facelift BUT they had a better transmission. I just don't want them to mess up with this and let it be the way it is Anyways this 10th gen's turbo is a different story (the poor quality fuel and the mindset of getting everything repaired from USTAD Gs) but maybe they could come up with a better option or refine it to our needs (I know that can be done because I am a mechanical engineer myself and have automotive engineering as my minor while doing Masters)

Neither Atlas nor Indus have kept in mind out market or Asian Specs (they think yeh bikey gi aur kuch hai kai in k paas?), if they gave it importance they would have launched the new city to compete with corolla's 1.3L variant.

I wish my earlier post is read by the strategy makers of Atlas and Indus Motors and they go kind enough to give us locally manufactured 1.0L and 1.3L variants as the rest of the world gets not just put a 1.3L engine in a car designed for motors of 1.6L or higher, in the end they would be the ones making profits

p.s
      it will be honda thai deciding the fate of R18 engine so they will be considering their market particulary and asian market in large (ours is so different from theirs) but fingers crossed we might get a new engine

10th Generation USDM Civic This is IT! -1631781
      Personally never liked A3. It has zero road presence. In 4 million category one should go for camry hybrid; it has all the luxury plus it's huge to accommodate anyone and looks dashing.
      Moreover the smaller sedans are also targeting A3, just look how big and awesome the is civic looking and makes A3 bland.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Default 10th Generation USDM Civic [This is IT!]

p.s
      it will be honda thai deciding the fate of R18 engine so they will be considering their market particulary and asian market in large (ours is so different from theirs) but fingers crossed we might get a new engine
      True that, it's Honda Thai to discontinue R18. We may atleast get a new engine if not a turbo if R18 discontinued as a policy. About the new engine, when 2008 City i-Dsi was discontinued and next City came to existence, Atlas was in a fix to get 1.3 since 1.5 was the engine launched, thus as a result (and i quote this from Honda officials) Atlas agreed to pay a massive chunk of investment on the development of a new 1.3 i-Vtec which then was shared by Phillipines as well probably. Atlas had an agreement according to which they shared R&D costs for the new engine. The end result was a price hike of roughly 300,000 between City 08 and City 09. Despite that price increase it took Atlas to a few good years to reach break even leave alone the profits from City. And massive price hike was a reason for sales dropping which if you remember after a few months of City launch the prices were slashed down to increase numbers.
      Let's see what Thai and Atlas decide this time.

Default 10th Generation USDM Civic [This is IT!]

Personally never liked A3. It has zero road presence. In 4 million category one should go for camry hybrid; it has all the luxury plus it's huge to accommodate anyone and looks dashing.
      Moreover the smaller sedans are also targeting A3, just look how big and awesome the is civic looking and makes A3 bland.

In my opinion A3 is just a show off that "i have a brand new Audi". A car is supposed to give you satisfaction not others.
      The Only thing A3 has are four rings. I'd rather buy an E class 2007 or a C class 2009 instead.

In my opinion A3 is just a show off that "i have a brand new Audi". A car is supposed to give you satisfaction not others.
      The Only thing A3 has are four rings. I'd rather buy an E class 2007 or a C class 2009 instead.

Yes bus show off. Mai oooodi leti ae
      One can get so many good cars.

But with limited options in Pakistan yet Atlas will not opt for such perspective. US region does not have City thus they can do such a thing.

But they do have Fit

The car looks well designed though as usual follows ques from its elder sister, the accord.
      @fazalwahab11375 Wanted to get an opinion:

What is the better choice, a 2016 Honda Civic EXL or a CPO 2013/14 Honda Accord V6 EX-L. Both will cost roughly the same actually the accord might be cheaper to be honest.. plan is to finance and drive the wheels off the car for 5 years atleast and 15k+ driving every year.

I will for sure go for the new model year car as it will retain its value as well as the warranty period. The only issue is that the new Civic might not have a good incentive on finance comparing Accord as dealers always have more offers on CPO's while brand new cars are always wanted cars and dealers make a lot of money initially when the car is launched. In any case my choice will be the smell of the new car with worry free/ maintenance... as you calculated that both will cost you same; it depends on your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by AusI View Post
      The car looks well designed though as usual follows ques from its elder sister, the accord.
      @fazalwahab11375 Wanted to get an opinion:

What is the better choice, a 2016 Honda Civic EXL or a CPO 2013/14 Honda Accord V6 EX-L. Both will cost roughly the same actually the accord might be cheaper to be honest.. plan is to finance and drive the wheels off the car for 5 years atleast and 15k+ driving every year.

I will for sure go for the new model year car as it will retain its value as well as the warranty period. The only issue is that the new Civic might not have a good incentive on finance comparing Accord as dealers always have more offers on CPO's while brand new cars are always wanted cars and dealers make a lot of money initially when the car is launched. In any case my choice will be the smell of the new car with worry free/ maintenance... as you calculated that both will cost you same; it depends on your decision.
      Well the thing is the CPO warranty will kick in, that's a 7 year or 100k for the powertrain and 4 years/48k for the non-powertrain. or if nothing then a 1 year/12k which is very small I agree but a 2 year used will have just 1 less year of warranty which I think I might/will be able to live with.

The new car smell/feel/thought is completely a different thing plus we already have got a new 2015 EXL so might make it boring but the drive is very smooth so thinking of getting a similar car again, just with a v6.

Have you looked in to CRV? More utility.. Anyways Good luck for car hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by AusI View Post
      Well the thing is the CPO warranty will kick in, that's a 7 year or 100k for the powertrain and 4 years/48k for the non-powertrain. or if nothing then a 1 year/12k which is very small I agree but a 2 year used will have just 1 less year of warranty which I think I might/will be able to live with.

The new car smell/feel/thought is completely a different thing plus we already have got a new 2015 EXL so might make it boring but the drive is very smooth so thinking of getting a similar car again, just with a v6.

Have you looked in to CRV? More utility.. Anyways Good luck for car hunting.
      I haven't actually. Not sure about an SUV though since most driving is alone so don't see a need for it. The snow in CT makes a compelling reason though.

Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
      But they do have Fit
      Fit isn't a compact saloon, and the price difference of Fit and Civic is there which is about $3,000 equivalent to roughly Rs.300,000. Now if the Civic was brought close to Fit in price that would dramatically reduce it's point to exist in that market. Just like if Civic is brought closer to City no one would buy it

There are highly chances that Honda Pakistan will launch Civic in September 2016 with 1.5 turbo engine.

Fit isn't a compact saloon, and the price difference of Fit and Civic is there which is about $3,000 equivalent to roughly Rs.300,000. Now if the Civic was brought close to Fit in price that would dramatically reduce it's point to exist in that market. Just like if Civic is brought closer to City no one would buy it

City starts at 15 and I am saying bring 1.0 ltr civic at 18, there is your 3 lacs difference.

I don't understand your analogy, here in Australia we have fit, city, civic, accord, crv, hrv, odyssey... all of them, makes no difference.

Pakistani market is growing, people have money they want more option and better cars.