842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Default 10th Generation USDM Civic [This is IT!]

We will not be getting a 1.5 Turbo for sure. It's a new high end technology which will not be thrown our way at the moment. What we will get as top of the line would be lower trims of US and those lower trims do not have a Turbo Engine.
      Live example, did we get a CVT in earlier model?
      Here is a slight financial dynamics of a car company: Atlas and all other companies have to invest a major amount of money for a new model. That extra money is then recovered out of selling cars and feasibilities are calculated which determine the model's price to be charged.
      Our being willing or not willing to pay extra for next model is not a consideration for Atlas. If that was the case they would not have been increasing prices ever since they have been selling cars.

Lost email account on which my i.d ali.archilounge was based

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
      You guys should restrain your hyper excitement induced fervor. Atlas does have eyes on PW and opining * an increase of couple lakhs and being agreeable to it tells them and their marketing/sales departments that they can further inflate their already high profits without any resultant public outcry. Why swing the axe at your own feet - apnay paon per kulhari kyun marte ho?

Instead, it should be repeatedly reiterated here and in other threads that due to reduction in duty slab (1l and 1.5l engine options) and favorable (to them) new upcoming auto policy, we all are expecting a price decrease with existing feature set or price parity if features set is significantly improved (push start, more airbags, VSC, and other desirable features, etc).

* - Beware that such opinions of being agreeable to price increase without any value addition might be from Atlas marketing/sale employees testing the waters here. It must be thoroughly discouraged.
      The other day, I was thinking the same. We should probably think before giving our opinion about price, there are many among us who can not reach 25 plus bracket, so why giving them a green signal as if we are dying to get this model, no matter how much expensive it is.
      Atleast I do not expect more than 2.5 million for top of the line model.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      We will not be getting a 1.5 Turbo for sure. It's a new high end technology which will not be thrown our way at the moment. What we will get as top of the line would be lower trims of US and those lower trims do not have a Turbo Engine.
      Here is a slight financial dynamics of a car company: Atlas and all other companies have to invest a major amount of money for a new model. That extra money is then recovered out of selling cars and feasibilities are calculated which determine the model's price to be charged.
      Our being willing or not willing to pay extra for next model is not a consideration for Atlas. If that was the case they would not have been increasing prices ever since they have been selling cars.

Still it should not be priced above the 9th gen by any means. It would already be a stripped down version with 50% degraded quality of the international version. Aur kitna paisa bachana hai in logo ne??
      Moreover they are already earning millions from outdated city.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      77 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
      Still it should not be priced above the 9th gen by any means. It would already be a stripped down version with 50% degraded quality of the international version. Aur kitna paisa bachana hai in logo ne??
      Moreover they are already earning millions from outdated city.

I heard Honda is paying 5 lac to government as tax over city.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
      Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
      I heard Honda is paying 5 lac to government as tax over city.

Don't think so. In case of bribe this is possible.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      77 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Maybe. But it can be possible.

Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      52 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

by the way good companies specially MNCs do not bribe just to save 500K. Plus everything at least in case of auto industry everything is well well documented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

It is true, the car is not as expensive as it gets due to direct/indirect taxes paid by every car company. It's purely due to taxes playing a major role in price increases that took place. During Musharraf period Oriel Prosmatec in 2006 for 1499 ended up being for 2021 in 2012. Reason: mostly taxes.
      So yes it is the Government taking a seriously massive chunk out of a car's price. All sorts of taxes paid by car companies are at the end of the day taken out of our pockets as we are the end consumers.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      52 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

yes we got CVT when it was a latest technology. Steermatic by Atlas. Now it's introduced by Indus also. Plus many imported cars are running on the roads with warranties and guaranties like Audi, Range Rover by Sigma, BMW by Dewan, Mercedes by Shahnawaz all with latest and state of the art tech. A large chunk of market is driving self imported cars. So why not Atlas?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

It is true, the car is not as expensive as it gets due to direct/indirect taxes paid by every car company. It's purely due to taxes playing a major role in price increases that took place. During Musharraf period Oriel Prosmatec in 2006 for 1499 ended up being for 2021 in 2012. Reason: mostly taxes.
      So yes it is the Government taking a seriously massive chunk out of a car's price. All sorts of taxes paid by car companies are at the end of the day taken out of our pockets as we are the end consumers.

Bro no new tax was added after Musharraf. It was our dear rupee which sank Check you invoice govt just takes 17% sales tax. (filer non filer $hit started under current govt)

On an Altis 1.6 govt took 283,188 rs tax for example
      Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
      Bro no new tax was added after Musharraf. It was our dear rupee which sank Check you invoice govt just takes 17% sales tax. (filer non filer $hit started under current govt)

On an Altis 1.6 govt took 283,188 rs tax for example
      That's just the direct tax you pay on invoice. But all the previous taxes already paid by companies which at the end result in a total of car price that you pay are not given to the buyer in receipt formats. All you get is a receipt of total payment of car price when you purchase the car. Add up all indirect taxes.
      For example lets take one item in a car i.e. Tyres: The GST atlas pays on buying Eurostar tyres which are already there when we buy the car are not paid out Atlas' pocket, all such items have already been added to car price. All this basically means we as a consumer end up paying double taxes indirectly.
      But apart from that my same authentic friends giving me hints for launch date have clearly told me: IF IT IS NOT FOR THE TAX PAID IN EVERY SINGLE CAR YOU WOULD BE BUYING A CIVIC FOR THE PRICE OF CITY.
      Apart from all the above why do import policies keep getting strict? If the government allows more than 3 years old cars they can earn a load of money. Why they don't do it? Because due to certain agreements with car makers the government is compensated not to do so.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ghayyour View Post
      yes we got CVT when it was a latest technology. Steermatic by Atlas. Now it's introduced by Indus also. Plus many imported cars are running on the roads with warranties and guaranties like Audi, Range Rover by Sigma, BMW by Dewan, Mercedes by Shahnawaz all with latest and state of the art tech. A large chunk of market is driving self imported cars. So why not Atlas?

I'm not talking if Indus has given it now. What I am saying is Honda made it common apart from Pakistan earlier. We got EFi later than rest of the world. Same will happen with this new Turbo technology. Atlas will never risk giving free engines in replacement under warranty when every illiterate lot of user will ruin a turbocharged engine in no time. Every other Civic owner driving on a dirt road sucking everything necessary to ruin the turbo system will put a decent share to ruin this technology. Our environment and usage does not suit turbochargers.
      Every second owner will constantly keep the foot on the throttle and keep driving with the Turbo engaged 100% at all times. There is a slight sense and amount of sophistication/mental literacy for such stuff which let's admit we overall being an illiterate driver's country don't have. It's not just us pakwheels thread fellows who will be driving but also another 90% who are not at Pakwheels.
      These are my thoughts and reasons why i think we won't be getting a 1.5 Turbo and i may be wrong. Let's see

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

The max that may happen, we may be getting a Turbo as an optional on a high end exclusive & expensive trim but not as a standard. If USDM didn't get it as a standard how can we expect something from their high end trim to be given to us as a base standard?
      It may have been may be right of us to think if the Turbo engine was the only new engine in Honda line up and was a basic standard like the EFi was at a time and carburettor was dead, or VTEC being the basic technology.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      52 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

if v12 engines and TFSI engines are running here and that too on Chitral lowari pass and jhal magsi racing tracks than why not in Karachi, Lahore Islamabad? turbo engines are not made of glass!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

That's just the direct tax you pay on invoice. But all the previous taxes already paid by companies which at the end result in a total of car price that you pay are not given to the buyer in receipt formats. All you get is a receipt of total payment of car price when you purchase the car. Add up all indirect taxes.
      For example lets take one item in a car i.e. Tyres: The GST atlas pays on buying Eurostar tyres which are already there when we buy the car are not paid out Atlas' pocket, all such items have already been added to car price. All this basically means we as a consumer end up paying double taxes indirectly.
      But apart from that my same authentic friends giving me hints for launch date have clearly told me: IF IT IS NOT FOR THE TAX PAID IN EVERY SINGLE CAR YOU WOULD BE BUYING A CIVIC FOR THE PRICE OF CITY.
      Apart from all the above why do import policies keep getting strict? If the government allows more than 3 years old cars they can earn a load of money. Why they don't do it? Because due to certain agreements with car makers the government is compensated not to do so.

Agreements of kick backs?
      Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

But those using TFSI are not using them in daily runner Civics. Misuse a Kompressor and it'll smile with all its teeth at you once you find out it has gone wrong and poor acceleration is a result of the charger going bust. Misuse a BMW 530i to end up on the road waiting for a tow truck tondeliver it to the workshop where you will find out ine of its cylinders has given up.
      Bro the point i am trying to make is unless Turbocharged is the only lowest basic option of engine that Honda makes. Only then we can be certain in placing our bets. City was coming with a 1.3 Carburettor and it was only because there was no option but to give an EXi city in 2000 since Honda globally stopped producing the previous 1.3 Carby engine. Why were we getting an EXi Civic till 2006? And then in 2006 only VTEC was available since once again Honda had stopped that technology completely rendering the 1.5 EFi dead. This is the exact same reason why 2009 City was a 1.3 i-Vtec since the i-DSi was totally dead again. My point being the Turbocharged engine is not a basic most engine from Honda at the moment.
      Direct comparison:96 EXi is today's VTEC & Today's Turbocharged is VTi of 96.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Agreements of kick backs?
      Yes, compensations, also called Mithai or incentives which are paid under the name of certain taxes. The taxes which are in records of the automakers government, and not for consumer's eyes. The taxes that add up and form the increased invoice price of cars. One thing we can unanimously agree upon is that sun will rise from the west if our politicians and rulers are loyal to this country. We can't expect them to be so loyal to car makers just because they want to promote local industry

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Yes, compensations, also called Mithai or incentives which are paid under the name of certain taxes. The taxes which are in records of the automakers government, and not for consumer's eyes. The taxes that add up and form the increased invoice price of cars. One thing we can unanimously agree upon is that sun will rise from the west if our politicians and rulers are loyal to this country. We can't expect them to be so loyal to car makers just because they want to promote local industry

It is not just taxes, but direct bribes which this cartel has been filling the pockets of ppl in bureaucracy, politics and military -- all have been washing and still are washing their hands in this Ganga. This is our hard earned money they are looting in the name of promoting local industry.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

It is not just taxes, but direct bribes which this cartel has been filling the pockets of ppl in bureaucracy, politics and military -- all have been washing and still are washing their hands in this Ganga. This is our hard earned money they are looting in the name of promoting local industry.
      Will even if it is bribes, obviously it's not the carmakers paying them. Why would they? That ends up being taken out of our pockets.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Will even if it is bribes, obviously it's not the carmakers paying them. Why would they? That ends up being taken out of our pockets.

Bro in which world do you live. Everyone knows why would they pay -- to keep the govt from liberalizing car imports in order to stifle competition. Obviously it is a better deal for them as it is not their money, but the money they have fleeced from us and the loot is shared between corrupt govt officials, politicians and militarymen (during martial laws) .

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List