Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 702 of 924 FirstFirst ... 202602652692700701702703704712752802 ... LastLast
Results 14,021 to 14,040 of 18478
Like Tree11453Likes

Thread: 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by siddidy1 View Post
      Front screens of oriel and turbo are different variants probably from different companies. You should test them before buying, miles apart in term of quality.
      That is strange can you provide pictures which show the difference

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noman.rashid View Post
      Led lights are expensive as a spare item. Is there any duty on importing them or bringing them along from abroad?
      If you bring them in your suitcase, I doubt there is a duty as long as its a single pair and not a multiple stock.

About swapping them, has been discussed many many times and explained by @fazalwahab11375 it may not be a simple plug and play swap. Current requirements, harness and wiring of both kind of lights maybe different. Again I am not an expert authority or not sure about it, only sharing the opinions heard.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
      That is strange can you provide pictures which show the difference
      The dvd navi screen of turbo is different, it supports the rear entertainment screen while the one in Oriel is different.

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1469456436.664041.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  86.6 KB
      This is from Oriel

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1469456548.817078.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  273.8 KB
      This is from Turbo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Good to see a new concept of ceramic/ glass coating for protection of paint of a brand new car. Here are some suggestions and advice for Atlas as well as the Buyers.

Its a very detailed topic but I will just briefly explain. First of all please clear any confusion if you have about paint coatings. This is not some military grade coatings. Ceramic/ glass coatings are hydrophobic coatings, means when you apply as per recommendations it gives a tiny thickness of transparent layer over the car paint surface. This protects the actual paint surface from minor swirls, help keep your cars shiny and help easy washing.

I have read some people thinks "WOW".. now nothing is needed after we get our new Civic as far as cleaning. Well please shed off this impression. Its simply not true. In-fact the coating itself need protection and much higher level of maintenance. Dry dusting as we all are fond of is a big NO. Also if you take it to on the road car service/washes.. then bye bye your 40,000 rupee coating. It requires much better care. No dry dusting and you need good quality car care shampoo as well as better way of washing that is the two bucket formula. Else you are wasting your 40K right on the first wash. Remember once there are swirl in the coating, it cant be removed.. you need to rework and apply the entire coating again. Also the coating can catch water spots. means water droplets can make stains on the coating and it becomes very much visible on dark shade cars. You need special way of removing these water stains.

So before you opt for 40000 ki glass coating, make sure you research how to maintain because a normally well maintained coated car last for 2 years the most. In our environment it will be less duration. Its not a "Jaadoi" surkhi powder. Also learn how a coated car looks. There is enormous information on the internet. for 40K, if we assume the coating will last for 18 months which is still very long time and in actual it will be much less; it comes out to be a cost of 2200. Now make your own judgment..
      Atlas:
      If this is the quality of your glass coating, you need to hire some professional. The new car coating is a very delicate process. No matter its oven baked at factory, it needs a lot of prep work before a coating can be applied. All red cars displayed were reflected with sticker about cars being coated. Actually this is pathetic . If this is the way you will deliver cars as coated, I am sorry you are pocketing a lot of money. Even a brand new car need a clay bar. plus you need to remove all the imperfection from paint. Yes brand new cars have it in form of over spray and orange peel texture which is right here in these pictures. Maybe you can try some highly professional car detailers even in Lahore to teach you how a car is coated. If you think it will cost you.. may be start watching you-tube video. I heard government has already un-banned YouTube. Also you didn't share what products you are using because there are large number of products from cheap to high quality. Its recommended you share what "masaala" you used.

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 13654340 10209223382293507 1949132011572472459 n?oh95f8ad2da62be025a3d1fd968e1d9bc9

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 13627227 10209223382333508 5566569676034080949 n?oh59f31c22c8077595b519942ca193c48a

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      Good to see a new concept of ceramic/ glass coating for protection of paint of a brand new car. Here are some suggestions and advice for Atlas as well as the Buyers.Its a very detailed topic but I will just briefly explain. First of all please clear any confusion if you have about paint coatings. This is not some military grade coatings. Ceramic/ glass coatings are hydrophobic coatings, means when you apply as per recommendations it gives a tiny thickness of transparent layer over the car paint surface. This protects the actual paint surface from minor swirls, help keep your cars shiny and help easy washing. I have read some people things "WOW".. now nothing is needed after we get our new Civic as far as cleaning. Well please shed off this impression. Its simply not true. In-fact the coating itself need protection and much higher level of maintenance. Dry dusting as we all are fond of is a big NO. Also if you take it to on the road car service/washes.. then bye bye your 40,000 rupee coating. It requires much better care. No dry dusting and you need good quality car care shampoo as well as better way of washing that is the two bucket formula. Else you are wasting your 40K right on the first wash. Remember once there are swirl in the coating, it cant be removed.. you need to rework and apply the entire coating again. Also the coating can catch water spots. means water droplets can make stains on the coating and it becomes very much visible on dark shade cars. You need special way of removing these water stains. So before you opt for 40000 ki glass coating, make sure you research how to maintain because a normally well maintained coated car last for 2 years the most. In our environment it will be less duration. Its not a "Jaadoi" surkhi powder. Also learn how a coated car looks. There is enormous information on the internet. for 40K, if we assume the coating will last for 18 months which is still very long time and in actual it will be much less; it comes out to be a cost of 2200. Now make your own judgment..Atlas:If this is the quality of your glass coating, you need to hire some professional. The new car coating is a very delicate process. No matter its oven baked at factory, it needs a lot of prep work before a coating can be applied. All red cars displayed were reflected with sticker about cars being coated. Actually this is pathetic . If this is the way you will deliver cars as coated, I am sorry you are pocketing a lot of money. Even a brand new car need a clay bar. plus you need to remove all the imperfection from paint. Yes brand new cars have it in form of over spray and orange peel texture which is right here in these pictures. Maybe you can try some highly professional car detailers even in Lahore to teach you how a car is coated. If you think it will cost you.. may be start watching you-tube video. I heard government has already un-banned YouTube. Also you didn't share what products you are using because there are large number of products from cheap to high quality. Its recommended you share what "masaala" you used.10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 13654340 10209223382293507 1949132011572472459 n?oh95f8ad2da62be025a3d1fd968e1d9bc910th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 13627227 10209223382333508 5566569676034080949 n?oh59f31c22c8077595b519942ca193c48a
      I still dont get it who in his right mind will opt for a glass coating from a dealership when you have excellent and much much reasonably priced detailing shops and outlets available in big cities. I for one know Ahmad bhai who is one of the best car detailing enthusiast in Lahore. He runs his own detailing outlet as a hobby and holds various seminars as well. I am sure anyone who know him and had been to his outlet would second me when I ll say this glass coating is only another gimmic by Atlas for minting money and nothing else
      I love my country, my mother, my soil

For her I bleed, I sweet, I toil

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

There glass coating is as useless as their utility package and leather seats. People like Ahmad Yar bhai who is a very senior detailer are offering a far better and superior solution for a max Rs.30,000 with all preparations and a much more professional and proper procedure.

Also I talked to Ahmad bhai and he discouraged glass coating a Taffeta White color. He said its not much useful on white compared to all others. Better keep using high end white specific waxes instead as glass coating maintainence is also required which Atlas guys say and I quote "Sir glass coating aap ko hum se har 6 maheenay baad refresh karwani paray gee"

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by A_F_H View Post
      I still dont get it who in his right mind will opt for a glass coating from a dealership when you have excellent and much much reasonably priced detailing shops and outlets available in big cities. I for one know Ahmad bhai who is one of the best car detailing enthusiast in Lahore. He runs his own detailing outlet as a hobby and holds various seminars as well. I am sure anyone who know him and had been to his outlet would second me when I ll say this glass coating is only another gimmic by Atlas for minting money and nothing else

To add to this atlas have to fulfill a lot of orders. Do we think that atlas will take the time to prep the car properly before applying the coating? As just mentioned, best to go to a dedicated detailing enthusiast.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      29 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noman.rashid View Post
      I still doubt these engines manufactured in Pakistan, According to my knowledge they are imported from Thailand.
      Anyways agreed they could justify the price tags but seriously quality issues and concerns need attention!

And still that navigation and those seats and absence of led lights, usb and aux slots under the navigation? They could have given usb and aux slots with a strap under the rear ac vents with a strap on and off tablet holder instead of that rear screen.

Bro I am as big fan of Honda cars as you so no personal grudge.

You are absolutely right, the engines for all cars assembled in Pakistan are imported..This 1.5Turbo engine is newly developed and has many engineering innovations Some time back I posted 2 youtube videos about this engine, wherein the chief design engineer explained this engine and features.. You must check these to understand why this engine is so expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNBGrvpO05g
      I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      225 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by roony View Post
      To add to this atlas have to fulfill a lot of orders. Do we think that atlas will take the time to prep the car properly before applying the coating? As just mentioned, best to go to a dedicated detailing enthusiast.
      new cars don't need prep but the paint quality is pathetic, better get it compound with sandpaper and then apply.Paint quality couldn't get any worse.Will give my fuel review in a bit

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
      Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
      new cars don't need prep but the paint quality is pathetic, better get it compound with sandpaper and then apply.Paint quality couldn't get any worse.Will give my fuel review in a bit

It does require a lot of prep dear. Ask any detailing expert.
      Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      225 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
      It does require a lot of prep dear. Ask any detailing expert.
      Yes on those cars which are not new
      Elimination swirl marks, the debrie, dust, acid rain spots etc. New car has new Paint job

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

well NO. new car definitely need prep work. You have never seen a brand new cars get coated. actually it needs more effort as paint is still soft in lay mans language and need very sensitive work so that it dont get damage.

Also the coating should be at the point of delivery. Not from factory as its never like this because there is high chances the coating will get damaged in transport from factory to dealers. So Atlas you need to train your dealer network with proper tools and equipment.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

That was just to emphasize on the only extra things offered; a sub standard navigation unit and cheap quality leather seats. Let's get over it!

I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post
      You are absolutely right, the engines for all cars assembled in Pakistan are imported..This 1.5Turbo engine is newly developed and has many engineering innovations Some time back I posted 2 youtube videos about this engine, wherein the chief design engineer explained this engine and features.. You must check these to understand why this engine is so expensive.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      53 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

People here mentioning about properly prepping the surface and all; guys this is a new car, unless you want to get rid of the orange peel, i would advise you to KEEP AWAY from any sandpaper or anything.

A prepped surface in general is a clean surface, by clean i mean clean of contaminants and a freshly painted car is usually clean than a car on road; so all you need to do is give it a proper wash, clay it and wax it regularly and that's about it.

I would suggest people spending so much money on glass coating to rather buy a good wax and a polish, some microfibers and a detailing 101 lesson. Would save them 25-30k easily.

Just regularly wash the car with a good grade shampoo, wax it every week and do not dry dust it, i am sure you can achieve the gloss required. And given the repute of Honda Atlas, i doubt their Glass Coating and the equipment and products they use for the procedure, glass coating is not a "any chotas job".

As mentioned by Fazal bhai in the posts above, glass coating needs proper maintenance, it's not a one time job given our environment or any for the fact.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      405 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Elimination swirl marks, the debrie, dust, acid rain spots etc. New car has new Paint job

Fazal bhai has explained it very well. Now here is an example. I did this within hours after delivery.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...13#post4782213

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-6#post4778520
      Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      53 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I would not get my car glass coated, or buy the utility package from Honda, neither would i opt. for their Navi.

I would detail my car myself, as i am an enthusiast; would buy genuine mats from an aftermarket shop for Rs.3000 as i got for my 9th, and instead of the Navi use a good grade sound system.

Now coming to my review after giving the car a more detailed look today; although i didnt get to spend too much time with the car because Honda City Sales was pretty crowded even today.

First Impression: Lovely curves and lines, it looked absolutely stunning in red, white did not appeal to me that much, maybe because i already have the predecessor in that colour, would be opting for either Lunar Silver or the Dark Grey colour.
      I really loved the transition of the roof into the boot, it gives a very sportback-ish feel.

The trunk without the liner was a disappointment have to admit.

Couldn't get to start the car because they had the battery removed from it so couldn't comment on the speedo, but yes the depth of it made it look kind of cool.

The upholstery is a total disappointment and i would not be opting for it, would rather get an aftermarket set of seat covers.

The feature which i liked and found to be convenient was the boot opener in the door, i have this feature in my Crown and always found it to be pretty handy because many at times at the petrol pump when you're trying to open the fuel lid you accidentally end up opening the trunk and vise versa.

The interior could've been made more premium using better grade materials.

Absolutely hated the hard plastic corners in the back seats, a cheap tactic to save cost, Atlas could've lined it with rexine at least and some foam. The fact that it is missing a flat floor in the back is also a nightmare for families who have more than 4 people.

The gear knob gave a good feel whilst you rest your arm on the enormous hand rest in the center.

The dashboard was kind of ok too, but had a stupid cord inside which looked ugly, instead of giving all these cords, it wouldn't have killed to put switches somewhere in the lower portion of the dash.

The rims looks better in person than in pictures but nothing special.

Overall i would say that the engineers have done a great job designing the car and it is quite good looking and gives a mean feel; the interior could have been better locally with better materials and proper fitment of the poshish.

Oh and yes, the driving position is pretty nice, but in our driving conditions it is better to know where the bonnet is ending than just guessing it.
      Although i did not like the steering wheel, the buttons on the wheel are too hard on the edges and also the steering feels kind of empty, on the 9th you had multiple buttons to accompany the round jog on the left side of the steering. And they had a very soft feel.

Also one more thing to point out here, the center arm rest in the back seat had its upholstery ripped from the lower edges, no it wasnt due to excessive usage, but it was a quality check default.

The trunk is pretty spacious as well.

Overall verdict, if you have too much money, go for the turbo, for a normal buyer like myself a 1.8 mated with the cvt would be enough.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      The dvd navi screen of turbo is different, it supports the rear entertainment screen while the one in Oriel is different.

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1469456436.664041.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  86.6 KB
      This is from Oriel

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1469456548.817078.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  273.8 KB
      This is from Turbo

Project Reborn 8th Gen Civic 2007 - 272964
      The one in turbo must be the superior one

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
      The one in turbo must be the superior one
      Unfortunately the one in Oriel is better than the one in Turbo. Faster and refined

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I beg to differ, only claying takes a lot of time and claying has nothin to do with the age of the paint. Just like you wash your face before applying moisturizer, the claying does the same thing, which is to provide you a clean neat surface to wax and seal.
      I love my country, my mother, my soil

For her I bleed, I sweet, I toil

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      225 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Cheetah View Post
      People here mentioning about properly prepping the surface and all; guys this is a new car, unless you want to get rid of the orange peel, i would advise you to KEEP AWAY from any sandpaper or anything.

A prepped surface in general is a clean surface, by clean i mean clean of contaminants and a freshly painted car is usually clean than a car on road; so all you need to do is give it a proper wash, clay it and wax it regularly and that's about it.

I would suggest people spending so much money on glass coating to rather buy a good wax and a polish, some microfibers and a detailing 101 lesson. Would save them 25-30k easily.

Just regularly wash the car with a good grade shampoo, wax it every week and do not dry dust it, i am sure you can achieve the gloss required. And given the repute of Honda Atlas, i doubt their Glass Coating and the equipment and products they use for the procedure, glass coating is not a "any chotas job".

As mentioned by Fazal bhai in the posts above, glass coating needs proper maintenance, it's not a one time job given our environment or any for the fact.
      The car is full of orange peel :/ even with the glass coating its full of swirl marks

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List