Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 763 of 925 FirstFirst ... 263663713753761762763764765773813863 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,260 of 18487
Like Tree11456Likes

Thread: 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

In Sha Allah, I will be getting my 1.8 Oriel tomorrow morning. I went to the dealership today and got the chance to inspect my car which was going through pre-delivery inspection. I did not take the delivery today since it was not washed and detailed at the time.
      I took my time to thoroughly check the car before taking the delivery and i can say with optimism that they have certainly improved the quality issues to a certain extent although not 100%. But i do not think that they can achieve that level of perfection any way.
      My car is from the lot which left the factory on 30th of July with VIN No. in the 600+ Series.
      They have improved the welds considerably and the gaps in the doors have also been significantly improved but still not 100%. The foot-board/side-skirt fitting was better than the display units.
      Now coming to the interior, that is one place where they have not made any significant progress. But I reckon that I can fix those problems with a DIY since I experienced a similar problem in my Altis 1.6 back in 2012 and I fixed those gap problems myself. I know it's a compromise but I don't want the dealership to do it for me as I quite certain that they will ruin it further.
      I opted for Non-Leather Package and my car was parked with 4 other 1.8 Oriels. All of them had Nav Unit but none had the Leather Package. This goes on to show that issues raised on PW have certainly had an impact on the customer's choice. The quality of stitching of seats and fabric wrapping of the door cards and center console was much much better in comparison to the synthetic leather wrapped ones.
      The cars on display still had side-skirt fitting problem, significantly visible welds, much worse dashboard gaps than my own car. Another problem that I saw was the un-even gaps between the front fenders and A-pillar although not much noticeable. The cars on display were from 0-200 Series including the non-oriel ones.

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch -1703048

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Great news. Congrats. One noticeable issue is the front fender and bumper connection, its not aligned and have a gap. Please check it before delivery. I have seen number of cars in pictures and all have identical issue. Meanwhile let me know and I will open the owner thread where you are already listed. Once again Congratulations.

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - CPOrITH

Took exact picture for USDM

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - l6urWEb

Quote Originally Posted by devilz_apprentice View Post
      In Sha Allah, I will be getting my 1.8 Oriel tomorrow morning. I went to the dealership today and got the chance to inspect my car which was going through pre-delivery inspection. I did not take the delivery today since it was not washed and detailed at the time.
      I took my time to thoroughly check the car before taking the delivery and i can say with optimism that they have certainly improved the quality issues to a certain extent although not 100%. But i do not think that they can achieve that level of perfection any way.
      My car is from the lot which left the factory on 30th of July with VIN No. in the 600+ Series.
      They have improved the welds considerably and the gaps in the doors have also been significantly improved but still not 100%. The foot-board/side-skirt fitting was better than the display units.
      Now coming to the interior, that is one place where they have not made any significant progress. But I reckon that I can fix those problems with a DIY since I experienced a similar problem in my Altis 1.6 back in 2012 and I fixed those gap problems myself. I know it's a compromise but I don't want the dealership to do it for me as I quite certain that they will ruin it further.
      I opted for Non-Leather Package and my car was parked with 4 other 1.8 Oriels. All of them had Nav Unit but none had the Leather Package. This goes on to show that issues raised on PW have certainly had an impact on the customer's choice. The quality of stitching of seats and fabric wrapping of the door cards and center console was much much better in comparison to the synthetic leather wrapped ones.
      The cars on display still had side-skirt fitting problem, significantly visible welds, much worse dashboard gaps than my own car. Another problem that I saw was the un-even gaps between the front fenders and A-pillar although not much noticeable. The cars on display were from 0-200 Series including the non-oriel ones.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Congratulations Sir. Hope you told them to use shampoo and mf for washing. Best would have been to not let them do it. Usually a brand new car gets some swirls with the way dealerships wash them.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

All the very best. Waiting for your review

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

That's it the actual way. Not let dealer wash at all.

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      Congratulations Sir. Hope you told them to use shampoo and mf for washing. Best would have been to not let them do it. Usually a brand new car gets some swirls with the way dealerships wash them.

Project Reborn 8th Gen Civic 2007 - 272964

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

The bumper gaps have been improved but still not as perfectly as the USDM you posted.

Please say MashAllah.

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch -1703049

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

MashAllah.

Is it possible being a true critic and in full faith and honesty as you posted above and shared your thoughts.. share all the shortcoming [I hope there are none on your delivered car].
      . like you mentioned and you are not fully satisfied/ via pictures?

The bumper gaps have been improved but still not as perfectly as the USDM you posted.

Please say MashAllah.

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch -1703049

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I will do it once I get my car tomorrow InshAllah. Although, I have mentioned the significant short comings and flaw quite thoroughly in my initial post. But if i go on to mention every little flaw and shortcoming, then be warned that the list might never end
      I did some fair comparison with my current ride which is a JDM. The list of every shortcoming would be double the size of the list that I would make for my JDM.
      Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      406 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

@devilz_apprentice. Heartiest congratulations. Drive safe.
      Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

However, if i compare it with my Altis 1.6. The list would be much or less the same.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
      @devilz_apprentice. Heartiest congratulations. Drive safe.
      Thank you very much, Allhamdoulillah it was all possible due to the prayers of my parents and the will of the Almighty Allah.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I also didn't go for leather package only nav on my oriel ... biggest factor being the price .....
      I would have opted for an after market nav as well but cant risk my electrical warranty ..
      Really pissed at Altas for playing this cheap trick on us

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zee5han View Post
      I also didn't go for leather package only nav on my oriel ... biggest factor being the price .....
      I would have opted for an after market nav as well but cant risk my electrical warranty ..
      Really pissed at Altas for playing this cheap trick on us
      Atlas should have omitted the interior camera and shaved off 10k. 60-65 was still understandable for an oem navigation unit but 75 is a bit too much. I wish I didn't have a habit of reverse cam else would have saved this 75. And as many may now know I am a very big coward when it comes to warranty so aftermarket things are a no go area for me. Seats don't count though

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Hello guys,
      I have been following this thread for quite a while and mentioned a while back that I had pre-booked a 1.5 Turbo for myself. I visited the showroom on the day of launch and noticed the quality issues which many members also pointed out later. The build quality especially of the interior really was poor in my opinion. Apart from the misaligned panels and welds etc I found the leather seats to be very poorly stitched.

I will still be keeping the car despite the issues but thats only because in Pakistan there aren't many options.
      However I strongly disagree with some members on this thread who seem to think that we shouldn't even point out these flaws. I really appreciate the effort of Fazal Wahab and the other members who highlighted the flaws which are now apparently being corrected by Honda Atlas. This wouldn't have happened if we had just been praising the car because it's better than XYZ and since its Pakistan and all cars are bound to have flaws.

Lastly I do feel its really childish to imply that anyone who points out any faults is jealous or missing out on something. Defending local assemblers is like stockholm syndrome in my opinion.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      62 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

will there be any touch screen AV unit available if we opt to get it installed aftermarket?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by darktempler View Post
      Hello guys,
      I have been following this thread for quite a while and mentioned a while back that I had pre-booked a 1.5 Turbo for myself. I visited the showroom on the day of launch and noticed the quality issues which many members also pointed out later. The build quality especially of the interior really was poor in my opinion. Apart from the misaligned panels and welds etc I found the leather seats to be very poorly stitched.

I will still be keeping the car despite the issues but thats only because in Pakistan there aren't many options.
      However I strongly disagree with some members on this thread who seem to think that we shouldn't even point out these flaws. I really appreciate the effort of Fazal Wahab and the other members who highlighted the flaws which are now apparently being corrected by Honda Atlas. This wouldn't have happened if we had just been praising the car because it's better than XYZ and since its Pakistan and all cars are bound to have flaws.

Lastly I do feel its really childish to imply that anyone who points out any faults is jealous or missing out on something.
      If your car hasn't been delivered yet out of that display batch you might be in luck with quality improvements. There has been improvement on the issues. Obviously not at par with foreign quality standards but nonetheless better than display units.

As far as the leather seats are concerned. Yeh bemari Atlas k saath buhut purani hai. Atlas has poor leather quality. The leather itself on indus cars is better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
      will there be any touch screen AV unit available if we opt to get it installed aftermarket?
      Yes there are Indash aftermarket units. Pretty good and will be available very soon.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      61 Post(s)
      Tagged
      2 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Congratulations mate! Enjoy the car!

And people this is how everyone should comment, accept the shortcomings and praise where the car is good. I am sure someone from Atlas monitors this thread and I hope takes note of what @devilz_apprentice said so future units can be improved further (hopefully).

Again, congrats on the car mate.

p.s I would also like to say PW has a much bigger audience now and PW itself is much more active since Indus launched the new corolla. Fazal bhai ( @fazalwahab11375 ) covered the civic VERY VERY well, all the credit to him for initiating this awareness campaign. Indus should prepare the face lift well because it will also come under the microscope here.
      ChipLoco.com | Anything and everything from the tech world!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      62 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      Yes there are Indash aftermarket units. Pretty good and will be available very soon.

Project Reborn 8th Gen Civic 2007 - 272964
      probably would make more sense. since for corolla they are available in 9 inches with reasonable quality for as low as 12-15K.

74.5 K is absurd money for some chinese unit. in that case something SQ grade from pioneer like 8750 should be preferred.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
      probably would make more sense. since for corolla they are available in 9 inches with reasonable quality for as low as 12-15K.

74.5 K is absurd money for some chinese unit. in that case something SQ grade from pioneer like 8750 should be preferred.
      Those pioneer type need a blank double din fitting for installation which should be available soon as well. I think they can be ordered from Ali express or ebay because they do exist. Haven't explored any such options as personally I have booked including navigation.

My advice though is: wait atleast a month before doing any such thing to check if there are any electrical manufacturing flaws so warranty claim doesn't give any hiccups. In 9th gen some cases did surface of iMid screen getting stuck. So just to be on a safe side regarding your meter, ac blower or any other electrical function manufacturing defect malfunction. Usually these things do surface in short time.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List