Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 842 of 922 FirstFirst ... 342742792832840841842843844852892 ... LastLast
Results 16,821 to 16,840 of 18422
Like Tree11440Likes

Thread: 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fazalwahab11375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    29,468
    Follows
    36
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

    Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

    Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

    Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

    10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy


    Rules for the thread:


    #1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

    #2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

    #3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

    #4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

    #5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

    #6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

    #7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.


    Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.


    Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

    • #16821
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,400
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3988 Post(s)
      Tagged
      94 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      It's okay, let them. Natural selection at work.
      it will beat the sabz sitara in population control.
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #16822
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,400
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3988 Post(s)
      Tagged
      94 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      The ECU will have a limiter set at 130 mph.
      in Pk models its not there because there is no mandate for top speed in Pakistan and neither is the car manufacturer boasting about this cars immense power that it can make a hole through the fabric of time. Its not needed.

      The limiter will be the engine rpm in top gear ratio.
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #16823
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,479
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
      in Pk models its not there because there is no mandate for top speed in Pakistan and neither is the car manufacturer boasting about this cars immense power that it can make a hole through the fabric of time. Its not needed.

      The limiter will be the engine rpm in top gear ratio.
      If H-rated tires are being supplied as stock, then the ECU will have the limiter. Lawyers at Honda Corporate will make sure of that, Sir.

    • #16824
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      arkhitekt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Age
      33
      Posts
      3,642
      Follows
      10
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      3

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      If H-rated tires are being supplied as stock, then the ECU will have the limiter. Lawyers at Honda Corporate will make sure of that, Sir.
      Impossible on PKDM, they don't follow such rules


      https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

    • #16825
      PakWheeler Follow
      atifriazawan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Posts
      3
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by nkhannk View Post
      I agree. But I also believe that in my country I don't have many options and have to choose the best product out of the choices I have.


      Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
      So true and Civic X is the best option

      Sent from my SM-G900F using PW Forums mobile app

    • #16826
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,479
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      Impossible on PKDM, they don't follow such rules


      Project Reborn 8th Gen Civic 2007 - 272964
      Atlas Honda is a subsidiary of the parent Honda Motor Company. They must follow legal requirements imposed by the head office. They have no choice in this matter.

    • #16827
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      fazalwahab11375's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      29,468
      Follows
      36
      Following
      2
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      2
      Best Answers
      1
      Good Answers
      2

      Default

      how it is on 9th Generation? Any limiter? same goes for Corolla?


      Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      Impossible on PKDM, they don't follow such rules


      Project Reborn 8th Gen Civic 2007 - 272964
      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      Atlas Honda is a subsidiary of the parent Honda Motor Company. They must follow legal requirements imposed by the head office. They have no choice in this matter.
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

    • #16828
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,479
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      how it is on 9th Generation? Any limiter? same goes for Corolla?
      The parent company details the specifications down to the letter. Any changes must be approved by the legal office. If H-rated tires are specified, then the ECU must have that limit.

    • #16829
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      arkhitekt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Age
      33
      Posts
      3,642
      Follows
      10
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      3

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      how it is on 9th Generation? Any limiter? same goes for Corolla?
      No there was no limiter on 9th Gen or 8th Gen Civic. People in Pakistan have clocked 215-220 on both models. Considering the situations I guarantee limiter is a word not valid in Pakistani cars.


      https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

    • #16830
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      fazalwahab11375's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      29,468
      Follows
      36
      Following
      2
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      2
      Best Answers
      1
      Good Answers
      2

      Default

      But sir.. many people think even that Honda rated H tires on PKDM Civic are not worth taking a chance going on high speed.. forget about the rating/ ECU / fuel cut off .. not sure if I heard correctly..

      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      The parent company details the specifications down to the letter. Any changes must be approved by the legal office. If H-rated tires are specified, then the ECU must have that limit.


      Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

    • #16831
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Muzammil73's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Islamabad
      Posts
      2,249
      Follows
      2
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      36 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      1
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      No there was no limiter on 9th Gen or 8th Gen Civic. People in Pakistan have clocked 215-220 on both models. Considering the situations I guarantee limiter is a word not valid in Pakistani cars.


      https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964
      9th pt has an rpm cut at 210 as far as ive heard. Also seen in a video. I maybe wrong.

      Sent from my SM-G935F using PW Forums mobile app
      Honda Civic Fb
      Honda city 1.3 PT (5th Gen)

    • #16832
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,479
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      But sir.. many people think even that Honda rated H tires on PKDM Civic are not worth taking a chance going on high speed.. forget about the rating/ ECU / fuel cut off .. not sure if I heard correctly..





      Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      Any major brand name approved OEM tire supplier to Honda, or any of its subsidiaries, must meet the specifications for the speed rating of the units supplied.

    • #16833
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      fazalwahab11375's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      29,468
      Follows
      36
      Following
      2
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      2
      Best Answers
      1
      Good Answers
      2

      Default

      I think its General Tires..Never had any experience with it so only users can tell.. but it was also a big NO and point of discussion in this thread..


      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      Any major brand name approved OEM tire supplier to Honda, or any of its subsidiaries, must meet the specifications for the speed rating of the units supplied.
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

    • #16834
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,479
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      No there was no limiter on 9th Gen or 8th Gen Civic. People in Pakistan have clocked 215-220 on both models. Considering the situations I guarantee limiter is a word not valid in Pakistani cars.


      Project Reborn 8th Gen Civic 2007 - 272964
      Speedometer error can easily approach 10% at those speeds. 130 mph = 209 kmph.

    • #16835
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,479
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      I think its General Tires..Never had any experience with it so only users can tell.. but it was also a big NO and point of discussion in this thread..
      Other than hearsay, any there been any verified instances of General tires supplied to Atlas Honda not meeting speed ratings or any other specifications? Usually, there are other factors at play in tire failures, not a failure to meet the stamped speed rating.

    • #16836
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,400
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3988 Post(s)
      Tagged
      94 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      If H-rated tires are being supplied as stock, then the ECU will have the limiter. Lawyers at Honda Corporate will make sure of that, Sir.
      not in Pakistan. the speed rating in litigation issue meetings is discussed under umbrella of highway speed limits and any other federal mandates of road safety - thats where the vehicle top speed and tyre combo are discussed and applied.

      There is no tyre safety mandates for road going passenger vehicles in Pakistan. No one will ever point a finger - so they can put on S rated tyres on this civic and ship it.

      same reason the skyline in japan has a 180 km/h limiter. we know it can book 280 km/h once you remove that. Same skyline in USA does not have that 180 km/h limiter.
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #16837
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      fazalwahab11375's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      29,468
      Follows
      36
      Following
      2
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      2
      Best Answers
      1
      Good Answers
      2

      Default

      yes.. that's why I said forget about the 93H rating and 210KMPH.. we don't know what is the worth of tires itself.. aside from the quality of tires.. I think there is also low ride quality with these General tires. Again I am assuming it and will wait for some user to chime in..


      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      Other than hearsay, any there been any verified instances of General tires supplied to Atlas Honda not meeting speed ratings or any other specifications? Usually, there are other factors at play in tire failures, not a failure to meet the stamped speed rating.
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

    • #16838
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,479
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
      not in Pakistan. the speed rating in litigation issue meetings is discussed under umbrella of highway speed limits and any other federal mandates of road safety.

      There is no tyre safety mandates for road going passenger vehicles in Pakistan..
      The ECUs are supplied from Japan in accordance with specifications for each market. If Honda specifies H-rated tires, the supplied ECUs will have the speed limiter.

      Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      yes.. that's why I said forget about the 93H rating and 210KMPH.. we don't know what is the worth of tires itself.. aside from the quality of tires.. I think there is also low ride quality with these General tires. Again I am assuming it and will wait for some user to chime in..
      Speed rating has nothing to do with grip or ride comfort.

    • #16839
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      fazalwahab11375's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      29,468
      Follows
      36
      Following
      2
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      2
      Best Answers
      1
      Good Answers
      2

      Default

      No sir , I am saying General tires were not liked when they appeared on Civic. Reasons ? user can tell.


      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post


      Speed rating has nothing to do with grip or ride comfort.
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

    • #16840
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,479
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      No sir , I am saying General tires were not liked when they appeared on Civic. Reasons ? user can tell.
      Of course, General tires are not made by Michelin or Yokohama.

    + Reply to Thread

    User Tag List

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •