Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 843 of 925 FirstFirst ... 343743793833841842843844845853893 ... LastLast
Results 16,841 to 16,860 of 18487
Like Tree11456Likes

Thread: 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fazalwahab11375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    29,490
    Follows
    36
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

    Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

    Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

    Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

    10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy


    Rules for the thread:


    #1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

    #2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

    #3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

    #4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

    #5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

    #6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

    #7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.


    Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.


    Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

    • #16841
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,405
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3991 Post(s)
      Tagged
      94 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      The ECUs are supplied from Japan in accordance with specifications for each market. If Honda specifies H-rated tires, the supplied ECUs will have the speed limiter.



      Speed rating has nothing to do with grip or ride comfort.
      The ECUs supplied to Pk Hondas have no VSS limiter. Trust me if they did - Atlas would make a badge of it and stick it on the bootlid. The only limiter in the ECU is the rpm of the engine.

      let me add one more thing - the old mercedes benz W123 diesels with the 2.0 or 2.4 engine had S rated tires from the factory, We damn sure know that the only way you are going to achieve that tires top speed is to drop the car off a cliff.
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #16842
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,405
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3991 Post(s)
      Tagged
      94 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      No sir , I am saying General tires were not liked when they appeared on Civic. Reasons ? user can tell.
      Pakistani logic.

      local maal = thakka howa
      japani maal = first class, A spec (thats why most spare parts are branded Fuji or ninja etc in Pakistan)
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #16843
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,478
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
      The ECUs supplied to Pk Hondas have no VSS limiter. Trust me if they did - Atlas would make a badge of it and stick it on the bootlid. The only limiter in the ECU is the rpm of the engine.

      let me add one more thing - the old mercedes benz W123 diesels with the 2.0 or 2.4 engine had S rated tires from the factory, We damn sure know that the only way you are going to achieve that tires top speed is to drop the car off a cliff.
      If the ECU has no limiter, then Honda is not specifying H-rated tires. There is simply no way Honda lawyers will let specifications clash like that.

    • #16844
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      arkhitekt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Age
      33
      Posts
      3,660
      Follows
      10
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      3

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      No sir , I am saying General tires were not liked when they appeared on Civic. Reasons ? user can tell.
      General tires when they were available as local XP2000 and XP2000-II type models were fine during the first year and initial 10000 kms max. After that General tyres became as slippery as walking on a glass floor coated in engine oil with plain leather soles. Despite the tread being fine visibly. That slipperiness was the main problem with General tyres. They literally made the car feel like a cat would stop wearing socks running on a wooden floor.

      Then came Eurostars (again basically General and made by them) though much better than the past tyres sold under General name, Eurostars were much better and lasted longer but the drawback of Eurostars was awful noise and destroyed comfort of the car. A Civic 8th Gen felt like an old jeep with the massive road noise and the same car became much better and a totally different experience on other imported brands. Eurostars did tend to last very long, they were too hard and ideally made for most Pakistani users who would abuse the cars on all surfaces. But Eurostars were not highway friendly in terms of noise level. And they were noticeably hard with potholes and cateyes.

      Now have appeared on the surface a new category of General tyres called BG Luxo. Let's see what they do now.


      https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

    • #16845
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      fazalwahab11375's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      29,490
      Follows
      36
      Following
      2
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      2
      Best Answers
      1
      Good Answers
      2

      Default

      Hummm.. so they basically changing the name of the same tire with slight improvements or some shortcomings.. to bring a better brand image.. Overall experience is not user friendly.

      What will be priced of Yokohama or Michelin or Pirelli.. I don't know if they are available for 215/55 16? And what about Bridgestone?

      What's the concept of imported Malaysian or Indonesian tires.. I read sometimes here on Pakwheels



      Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      General tires when they were available as local XP2000 and XP2000-II type models were fine during the first year and initial 10000 kms max. After that General tyres became as slippery as walking on a glass floor coated in engine oil with plain leather soles. Despite the tread being fine visibly. That slipperiness was the main problem with General tyres. They literally made the car feel like a cat would stop wearing socks running on a wooden floor.

      Then came Eurostars (again basically General and made by them) though much better than the past tyres sold under General name, Eurostars were much better and lasted longer but the drawback of Eurostars was awful noise and destroyed comfort of the car. A Civic 8th Gen felt like an old jeep with the massive road noise and the same car became much better and a totally different experience on other imported brands. Eurostars did tend to last very long, they were too hard and ideally made for most Pakistani users who would abuse the cars on all surfaces. But Eurostars were not highway friendly in terms of noise level. And they were noticeably hard with potholes and cateyes.

      Now have appeared on the surface a new category of General tyres called BG Luxo. Let's see what they do now.


      https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964


      Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

    • #16846
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,405
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3991 Post(s)
      Tagged
      94 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      If the ECU has no limiter, then Honda is not specifying H-rated tires. There is simply no way Honda lawyers will let specifications clash like that.
      this is Pakistan.. you are getting a poorly welded body, what do Honda lawyers say on that?

      what about the HUGE stickers on the rear glass - I dont see Honda lawyers complaining on lack of visibility. Why stuck on tires?
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #16847
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      arkhitekt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Age
      33
      Posts
      3,660
      Follows
      10
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      3

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      Hummm.. so they basically changing the name of the same tire with slight improvements or some shortcomings.. to bring a better brand image.. Overall experience is not user friendly.

      What will be priced of Yokohama or Michelin or Pirelli.. I don't know if they are available for 215/55 16? And what about Bridgestone?

      What's the concept of imported Malaysian or Indonesian tires.. I read sometimes here on Pakwheels







      Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      Other available options I recently checked for 215/55-16

      Yokohama: Rs.56000

      Horizon: Rs.38000

      Michelin (Spain): Rs.38000

      Continental: Rs.58000

      BG Luxo: not available in open market so no official rates but adjustment price being offered is Rs.20000 as of now.

      Some while back 16 rim size tyres were slightly cheaper. I got 205/60-16 Yokohama for my 9th Gen for Rs.40000 and Dunlops 225/55-16 for my W211 last year for 46000. Now that all of a sudden a 16 size tyre is introduced on a local car they seem to have increased prices due to anticipation of demand. And the 20000 being offered fo BG 215/55-16 is surely an advantage they are taking and exploiting the lack of officially available rates of the tyres considering Eurostars 195/65-15 are for 19000. How can they offer the same rate for a bigger 16 size and apparantly improved tyres.


      https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

    • #16848
      PakWheeler Follow
      mian_jee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      230
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      Other available options I recently checked for 215/55-16

      Yokohama: Rs.56000

      Horizon: Rs.38000

      Michelin (Spain): Rs.38000

      Continental: Rs.58000

      BG Luxo: not available in open market so no official rates but adjustment price being offered is Rs.20000 as of now.

      Some while back 16 rim size tyres were slightly cheaper. I got 205/60-16 Yokohama for my 9th Gen for Rs.40000 and Dunlops 225/55-16 for my W211 last year for 46000. Now that all of a sudden a 16 size tyre is introduced on a local car they seem to have increased prices due to anticipation of demand. And the 20000 being offered fo BG 215/55-16 is surely an advantage they are taking and exploiting the lack of officially available rates of the tyres considering Eurostars 195/65-15 are for 19000. How can they offer the same rate for a bigger 16 size and apparantly improved tyres.


      Project Reborn 8th Gen Civic 2007 - 272964

      Have you talked to the shop i referred?

    • #16849
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Thinking's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Islamabad
      Age
      34
      Posts
      2,306
      Follows
      4
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      62 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      2
      Good Answers
      1

      Default

      i know that yokohama A drive R1 in 205/55/ZR16 are available for 44K (4 tyres).

      Also Yokohama Blue Earth A would cost the same.

      And if i am not wrong i think Dunlop Direzza are also available in 205/55/16 for around 44-40K.

      these all are far better option than the BGs.

    • #16850
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,478
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
      this is Pakistan.. you are getting a poorly welded body, what do Honda lawyers say on that?

      what about the HUGE stickers on the rear glass - I dont see Honda lawyers complaining on lack of visibility. Why stuck on tires?
      As long as the body meets crash standards, and as long as the stickers are outside the area covered by the rear view mirror and sightlines, there is no legal issue here.

    • 18-08-2016, 12:18 AM

      PakWheeler

      Reason
      commercial

    • #16851
      PakWheeler Follow
      aliarshad16054's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      Rawalpindi
      Posts
      99
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      So what will be price of hardtop


      Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app

    • #16852
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      arkhitekt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Age
      33
      Posts
      3,660
      Follows
      10
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      3

      Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

      Quote Originally Posted by mian_jee View Post
      Have you talked to the shop i referred?
      Its in Sargodha and I am in Lahore. Not feasible. Plus I'm short on budget. Jab paisay aayein ge tab tak k liyay postponed plan.


      https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

    • #16853
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      arkhitekt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Age
      33
      Posts
      3,660
      Follows
      10
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      3

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
      i know that yokohama A drive R1 in 205/55/ZR16 are available for 44K (4 tyres).

      Also Yokohama Blue Earth A would cost the same.

      And if i am not wrong i think Dunlop Direzza are also available in 205/55/16 for around 44-40K.

      these all are far better option than the BGs.
      But stock size is 215/55-16. The 205/55-16 option will reduce overall diameter and lower the car slightly increasing wheel arch gap


      https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

    • #16854
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,405
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3991 Post(s)
      Tagged
      94 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      As long as the body meets crash standards, and as long as the stickers are outside the area covered by the rear view mirror and sightlines, there is no legal issue here.
      there are no rear view guideline laws in Pakistan hence you can have as many stickers as you wish on the rear. There are not even rear view mirror laws in Pakistan, the ministry of transport still is working on "a rearview mirror" and "a brake light" type of verbage since the gora raj.
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #16855
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,478
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
      there are no rear view guideline laws in Pakistan hence you can have as many stickers as you wish on the rear. There are not even rear view mirror laws in Pakistan, the ministry of transport still is working on "a rearview mirror" and "a brake light" type of verbage since the gora raj.
      I was referring to Honda's own design parameters, Sir.

    • #16856
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Xulfiqar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Other
      Age
      38
      Posts
      24,405
      Follows
      131
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      3991 Post(s)
      Tagged
      94 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      4
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      6

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
      I was referring to Honda's own design parameters, Sir.
      that makes it even worse, the slant of the rear glass makes for an extremely short glass when seen from horizontal plane. Slapping a sticker with VHS and VSA there takes up a lot of view.
      ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

    • #16857
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      yawar538's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Karachi
      Posts
      6,006
      Follows
      7
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      212 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      1
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      The profile of 205/55 16 costs roughly between 11k to 13k. Options include Yoko dB decibel and Continental ContiPremiumContact 5
      Baat karo haq ki, chahay hatt jaye sabki

    • #16858
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      VCheng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Select City
      Posts
      25,478
      Follows
      7
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      434 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
      that makes it even worse, the slant of the rear glass makes for an extremely short glass when seen from horizontal plane. Slapping a sticker with VHS and VSA there takes up a lot of view.
      As long as visibility meets Honda's design criteria, there is no legal issue. You may not like the stickers, but that is not a legal issue either.

    • #16859
      PakWheeler Follow
      mian_jee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      230
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      Its in Sargodha and I am in Lahore. Not feasible. Plus I'm short on budget. Jab paisay aayein ge tab tak k liyay postponed plan.


      Project Reborn 8th Gen Civic 2007 - 272964
      I gave you their number to have an idea about the tire prices & availability out side Lahore.

      Some times you find good deals in small towns or shops.

      Money aside, if i were you, i would use the BG Luxo until they start giving troubles.

      Stay safe.

    • #16860
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      arkhitekt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Age
      33
      Posts
      3,660
      Follows
      10
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      3

      Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

      Quote Originally Posted by mian_jee View Post
      I gave you their number to have an idea about the tire prices & availability out side Lahore.

      Some times you find good deals in small towns or shops.

      Money aside, if i were you, i would use the BG Luxo until they start giving troubles.

      Stay safe.
      Thanks for the input bro. That's what I have decided to do. Swapped tyres today for Horizon, test drove thoroughly and no difference at all so back to BG after trying. Thanks to the shop guy he agreed to test them before payment.

      Have been doing some research and have found out that Continental is a share holder in General Pakistan and R&D is done by Continental tyres alongwith with raw materials being imported for tyre manufacturing. BG Luxo have been probably developed by them.

      *Please dear all members, by all means I am not at all saying they are comparable to Continental, only sharing a fact. Obviously they can't be as good so go easy with the reactions.

      So for now. BG Luxo it is. Even a few tyre shop guys I know for long time have recommended the same thing to keep them. They say this looks to be a good tyre and definitely improved from Eurostars. So how bad can they be. Definitely keeping them.


      https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

    + Reply to Thread

    User Tag List

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •