842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      18 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

That fabric on center console *ugghh*

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

So, I managed to get all fours cars (Honda Vezel, Honda Civic Turbo, Honda Civic 1.8 and Toyota Grande) in one place and thoroughly test each one and as such, I am posting my experience. Although, this is a civic thread but since the other two cars were also contenders on my list, and I am sure there are many others in my position, so to make it easy for all I will post experience on all four. I drove all cars myself, and I believe it will be easier for every one if I quantify my experience by assigning points.

Lets start with Honda Vezel:

Interior: 9.5/10 , Suspension: 8/10 , Exterior: 8.5/10 , Drive/Acceleration : 9/10 , Features : 10/10 , Value for Money : 8/10 , Parts : 8.5/10 , Mileage : 10/10. Total : 71.5/80

The Honda Vezel is an amazing car, the fit and finish of the interior is impeccable almost flawless no comparison to any of the other PKDM (Honda or Toyota)cars. I deliberately drove over some potholes and the suspension felt a little stiff maybe not as bad as the 9th Gen but definitely a tad stiff for our roads. The quality of the paint was again amazing, I wonder when we will get such a paint job in our locally manufactured cars. The exterior quality was excellent but the reason I deducted a few points on the exterior was not because of quality, but the shape of compact crossover is not as appealing, again that is my opinion some might like it. Its not bad per say, but not a knock out either. The most important factor for me in a car is how the car drives, and the 1.5l hybrid engine coupled with a DCT transmission is fairly good but the 1.5l Turbo beat everyone in this department hands down. It has all the features one could possibly think of, but in the departments of parts availability and value for money it scores a little lower than the local cars obviously. The mileage is best among the four.

Honda Civic Turbo

Interior: 7.5/10 , Suspension: 8.5/10 , Exterior: 9/10 , Drive/Acceleration : 10/10 , Features : 9/10 , Value for Money : 8/10 , Parts : 10/10 , Mileage : 9/10. Total : 71/80.

The interior is unfortunately a nightmare, the quality of plastics in both Grande and Civic were more or less the same but that steering (horrendous) and no iMid forced me to score it the lowest among the four. I still cannot believe it, but holding the steering of grande made me feel better than the civic turbo. The center console is pathetic in both Grande and Civic. The hump in the civic and the fact that the dashboard falls down are there in the international versions as well, but that does not mean I should accept that. Now, the suspension is much much better than the 9th Gen, and comparable to Grande but still not better than corolla but slightly better than Vezel. The exterior design is amazing and the stance of this car is a killer, the reason I do not score the exterior a 10 is the paint quality. Again ATLAS please don't ruin such a beautiful car. Now, the drive, unbelievable, this thing can go. All who insist Vezel or Grande can compete with the 1.5l Turbo, NO CHANCE. The fastest 0-60mph time I got is 7.3s with the turbo, whereas Vezel stood at 8.3s and Grande 8.6s. Vezel is quick to start yes, but once you hit 1800 rpm on the turbo the car just keeps pulling away. For me at least the turbo was the most pleasurable drive. The features were better than grande but not better than vezel, and being a local car the parts section scored better than Vezel and mileage was 2nd to vezel only at around 16kmpl. The value for money is more or less the same as vezel since 3.0 million is too much for a PKDM and you will loose some money when selling it.

Honda Civic 1.8

Interior: 7.5/10 , Suspension: 8.5/10 , Exterior: 9/10 , Drive/Acceleration : 8/10 , Features : 9/10 , Value for Money : 9/10 , Parts : 10/10 , Mileage : 8.5/10. Total : 69.5/80

The difference between the turbo and 1.8 is basically just the engine. The 1.8 is better in the 10th gen than the 9th gen but after driving the turbo, 1.8 felt a little boring. Even the grande felt more responsive than the 1.8. The drive is better than the 9th gen though much better. It outscores turbo in the value department but the fuel economy is not as good as the turbo. The rest is more or less the same. Everyone concerned about the navigation on the turbo and the 1.8, well the navigation system on 1.8 is faster and slightly better than the turbo.

Toyota Corolla Grande:

Interior: 8.5/10 , Suspension: 9/10 , Exterior: 8.5/10 , Drive/Acceleration : 8.5/10 , Features : 8/10 , Value for Money : 10/10 , Parts : 10/10 , Mileage : 8/10. Total : 70.5/80

Again, the Grande had an overall better interior, which I still can't believe but it is what is, but the steering wheel, the iMid, no Hump and the dash not falling down all made the Grande interior better than the civic interior. There were alignment and quality issues but not worse than civic. The suspension was best among the four as expected, while the exterior paint is slightly better than the civic, but the shape is just ugly, again no offense to grande owners this is just my opinion therefore due to the shape it scores lower on the exterior. The car is slightly more responsive than the 1.8 Civic but fuel economy is not as good and civic has more features like the VSA, HSA , keyless entry. It scores the highest for value for money.

This review is just my opinion guys.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      225 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gandalfgraha View Post
      So, I managed to get all fours cars (Honda Vezel, Honda Civic Turbo, Honda Civic 1.8 and Toyota Grande) in one place and thoroughly test each one and as such, I am posting my experience. Although, this is a civic thread but since the other two cars were also contenders on my list, and I am sure there are many others in my position, so to make it easy for all I will post experience on all four. I drove all cars myself, and I believe it will be easier for every one if I quantify my experience by assigning points.

Interior: 9.5/10 , Suspension: 8/10 , Exterior: 8.5/10 , Drive/Acceleration : 9/10 , Features : 10/10 , Value for Money : 8/10 , Parts : 8.5/10 , Mileage : 10/10. Total : 71.5/80

The Honda Vezel is an amazing car, the fit and finish of the interior is impeccable almost flawless no comparison to any of the other PKDM (Honda or Toyota)cars. I deliberately drove over some potholes and the suspension felt a little stiff maybe not as bad as the 9th Gen but definitely a tad stiff for our roads. The quality of the paint was again amazing, I wonder when we will get such a paint job in our locally manufactured cars. The exterior quality was excellent but the reason I deducted a few points on the exterior was not because of quality, but the shape of compact crossover is not as appealing, again that is my opinion some might like it. Its not bad per say, but not a knock out either. The most important factor for me in a car is how the car drives, and the 1.5l hybrid engine coupled with a DCT transmission is fairly good but the 1.5l Turbo beat everyone in this department hands down. It has all the features one could possibly think of, but in the departments of parts availability and value for money it scores a little lower than the local cars obviously. The mileage is best among the four.

Honda Civic Turbo

Interior: 7.5/10 , Suspension: 8.5/10 , Exterior: 9/10 , Drive/Acceleration : 10/10 , Features : 9/10 , Value for Money : 8/10 , Parts : 10/10 , Mileage : 9/10. Total : 71/80.

The interior is unfortunately a nightmare, the quality of plastics in both Grande and Civic were more or less the same but that steering (horrendous) and no iMid forced me to score it the lowest among the four. I still cannot believe it, but holding the steering of grande made me feel better than the civic turbo. The center console is pathetic in both Grande and Civic. The hump in the civic and the fact that the dashboard falls down are there in the international versions as well, but that does not mean I should accept that. Now, the suspension is much much better than the 9th Gen, and comparable to Grande but still not better than corolla but slightly better than Vezel. The exterior design is amazing and the stance of this car is a killer, the reason I do not score the exterior a 10 is the paint quality. Again ATLAS please don't ruin such a beautiful car. Now, the drive, unbelievable, this thing can go. All who insist Vezel or Grande can compete with the 1.5l Turbo, NO CHANCE. The fastest 0-60mph time I got is 7.3s with the turbo, whereas Vezel stood at 8.3s and Grande 8.6s. Vezel is quick to start yes, but once you hit 1800 rpm on the turbo the car just keeps pulling away. For me at least the turbo was the most pleasurable drive. The features were better than grande but not better than vezel, and being a local car the parts section scored better than Vezel and mileage was 2nd to vezel only at around 16kmpl. The value for money is more or less the same as vezel since 3.0 million is too much for a PKDM and you will loose some money when selling it.

Honda Civic 1.8

Interior: 7.5/10 , Suspension: 8.5/10 , Exterior: 9/10 , Drive/Acceleration : 8/10 , Features : 9/10 , Value for Money : 9/10 , Parts : 10/10 , Mileage : 8.5/10. Total : 69.5/80

The difference between the turbo and 1.8 is basically just the engine. The 1.8 is better in the 10th gen than the 9th gen but after driving the turbo, 1.8 felt a little boring. Even the grande felt more responsive than the 1.8. The drive is better than the 9th gen though much better. It outscores turbo in the value department but the fuel economy is not as good as the turbo. The rest is more or less the same. Everyone concerned about the navigation on the turbo and the 1.8, well the navigation system on 1.8 is faster and slightly better than the turbo.

Toyota Corolla Grande:

Interior: 8.5/10 , Suspension: 9/10 , Exterior: 8.5/10 , Drive/Acceleration : 8.5/10 , Features : 8/10 , Value for Money : 10/10 , Parts : 10/10 , Mileage : 8/10. Total : 70.5/80

Again, the Grande had an overall better interior, which I still can't believe but it is what is, but the steering wheel, the iMid, no Hump and the dash not falling down all made the Grande interior better than the civic interior. There were alignment and quality issues but not worse than civic. The suspension was best among the four as expected, while the exterior paint is slightly better than the civic, but the shape is just ugly, again no offense to grande owners this is just my opinion therefore due to the shape it scores lower on the exterior. The car is slightly more responsive than the 1.8 Civic but fuel economy is not as good and civic has more features like the VSA, HSA , keyless entry. It scores the highest for value for money.

well I don't know what went wrong but I always get 7.8s to 100 from my vezel and turbo might be faster but won't be fun as it comes with boring cvt.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
      Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

@huzaifa.haroon yes brother DCT is better than CVT and yes CVT is boring but this little engine is really good even with the CVT. This engine deserves a stick shift to gauge it's true potential. I was just stating how I felt and I really enjoyed the way it pulled away after about 25mph or so.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      225 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

@huzaifa.haroon yes brother DCT is better than CVT and yes CVT is boring but this little engine is really good even with the CVT. This engine deserves a stick shift to gauge it's true potential. I was just stating how I felt and I really enjoyed the way it pulled away after about 25mph or so.
      I've never driven a turbo civic so can't comment but drove lots of cars with cvt.. They're super smooth but have issues of torque transfer specially at high speeds

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
      Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Honda Civic Turbo

Honda Civic 1.8

Toyota Corolla Grande:

Nice comparison bro.

But I would like to highlight few things;

Vezel is definitely much faster then the time you have calculated it somewhere around 7.8 mark.

Furthermore, softer suspension doesn't mean that the car is good overall. Soft suspension is good comfort wise but is not driver oriented, as then the car has sub par handling, numb steering and basically poor road feel. Initially I too loved the suspension of Toyota and no doubt it's really comfy and robust but after driving Hondas I came to know that hard suspension has its own perks as the car is then a driver's car! So basically it depends what one prefers.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Nabeel u r right bro but comfort is very important as u don't always do cornering ... For daily use comfort and power of the car is more important ... From power I don't mean that u always floor the car but even in normal driving mode u feel more comfort...

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Honda Civic Turbo

Honda Civic 1.8

Toyota Corolla Grande:

A very well written review with hands on practical experience.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      31 Post(s)
      Tagged
      2 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Great review. And for Pakistani roads we need comfortable suspension not sporty ones . I know the charm of sporty suspension myself but our country's roads says otherwise

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

@gandalfgraha man i am so thankful for this review nothing is perfect but it is what you like the most you need the most like for me suspension is the most important thing so things are getting easy now for me.....thanks a lot

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

anyone here tested the fuel average\mileage for 1.5t and 1.8l oriel in city & highway drive by now ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      60 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Turbo on vossen
      10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 28c376626ae56a6547920e72024389de
      Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by biloo View Post
      A very well written review with hands on practical experience.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
      100 percent agreed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 3756281b021b303fcb5533829f97724c

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 184a7345787d894902715aafdfa7db9e

So the tradition of busting new cars continues in this country.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

It's everywhere.. not specific to "THIS" country .. it's just a Civic.. people have trashed exotics within hours.

I hope people Drive safe and enjoy their rides in safe manner.. No one knows what happened here

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
      10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 3756281b021b303fcb5533829f97724c

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 184a7345787d894902715aafdfa7db9e

So the tradition of busting new cars continues in this country.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      It's everywhere.. not specific to "THIS" country .. it's just a Civic.. people have trashed exotics within hours.

I hope people Drive safe and enjoy their rides in safe manner.. No one knows what happened here

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      I know I know it happens everywhere and it's obvious.
      I wanted to say is that people don't consider civic and corolla as family sedans here and then drive them recklessly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

another owner, another car.... BUT same issue.. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet and we will do same.. we will keeping on sharing..

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - AGbBN1D

Newbie Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

A BIG BIG BIG SHAME TO HONDA PAKISTAN GIVING LOW GRADED CIVIC SPECS IN HONDA ORIAL AND 1.5 TURBO stop making Pakistan ppl fool
      Honda Pakistan shame

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Drive Safe and Responsibly.

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 14103036 757706041039226 4583841325246086815 o

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - 14086320 757705011039329 886521427173844421 o

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      another owner, another car.... BUT same issue.. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet and we will do same.. we will keeping on sharing..

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - AGbBN1D
      well, i think this issue is not with random cars but with every civic X being produced. This doesnt look like an issue with the workmanship but with the plastic parts that honda is sourcing from its vendor and they wont fit in properly.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List