842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

When I was at launch of Civic X here, the guy from Honda presented a special slide about the new windshield glass, it's design , insulation and clarity. In fact he said it's all new design as far as the technology in it and according to him the noise is reduced overall to major extent and contribution of the glass at front and doors contributes a lot. He gave some percent but I don't remember.
      Beside noise I would like to add that there is a special coating on the glass to reduce glare and it's my general opinion not specific to Civic that longevity and quality of the coating is not that good for local PKDM glass. I have owned cars in Pakistan and my family still owns it and it's a general observation which you guys can realize when you can compare two glass for visibility after couple of years of ownership. It's not only noise which matter , clarity is another major requirement.

I would also like to add that OEM glass is as per manufacturer spec when you buy it but how good it is over time can be a point of discussion. That's the reason here there is a price diffrential between OEM and genuine and I am sure same applies in Pakistan.

Is the glass provided by the local manufacturer is OEM or Genuine ?

Because we don't have a comparative glass it's difficult to say how two are diffrent. But my personal experience with car parts I prefer genuine over OEM.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      108 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      I'd rather not comment because at the end of the day it's a Pakistani glass. And since i don't have the technical data on exact thickness of glass compared to international versions I am not at authority to give a verdict. All I know is. The cabin noise is far superior than 9th Gen. One thing I know is as taught in all technical texts, a 3.5 mm glass and a 3.4 mm glass dont have much difference of decibel levels. So assuming if PKDM has a 3.5 mm glass do international ones come with 7 mm? Because that would make a difference. Or do the international versions come with double insulation cavity added by aluminium spacer in them.

Honestly as per my experience I didn't even notice or realise its a local made glass. Now just because its not a saint gobain and a local made by a company which people haven't heard about makes it bad? It has a Pakistani tag on it so its bad?

And secondly even inside of a mercedes you can hear horns and mirrors retracting. After all its a car and not a sound proof basement bunker.
      Yup I too Sat in 2-3 10th gen uptill now and went into them straight after my 9th gen.
      I can say that 10th gen is much quieter.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Hold on pleaee , You know what is 15 points ? It's temporally blocked and if it was given you would not be here, the system blocks you automatically. The moderator gave you warning only. 15 point infraction was reversed immediately after it was given to give you another chance because that would mean you are blocked. I will suggest you go under your profile and see what infractions you have. The 15 point infraction was reversed.

Meanwhile you can send me PM about it as this is Civic X thread and I can share with you the infraction history and why it was given by a mod. I don't want to derail this thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      Giving a last warning and blocking members is an easy way out. Kindly let me know which of the redlined rules has this post broken to give 15 point infractions. Or is the answer to this question also going to be a warning?

So when i am sarcastic, i get an infraction?

Name:  Screenshot_2016-09-02-11-54-16.png
Views: 751
Size:  82.5 KB

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
      When I was at launch of Civic X here, the guy from Honda presented a special slide about the new windshield glass, it's design , insulation and clarity. In fact he said it's all new design as far as the technology in it and according to him the noise is reduced overall to major extent and contribution of the glass at front and doors contributes a lot. He gave some percent but I don't remember.
      Beside noise I would like to add that there is a special coating on the glass to reduce glare and it's my general opinion not specific to Civic that longevity and quality of the coating is not that good for local PKDM glass. I have owned cars in Pakistan and my family still owns it and it's a general observation which you guys can realize when you can compare two glass for visibility after couple of years of ownership. It's not only noise which matter , clarity is another major requirement.

I would also like to add that OEM glass is as per manufacturer spec when you buy it but how good it is over time can be a point of discussion. That's the reason here there is a price diffrential between OEM and genuine and I am sure same applies in Pakistan.

Is the glass provided by the local manufacturer is OEM or Genuine ?

Because we don't have a comparative glass it's difficult to say how two are diffrent. But my personal experience with car parts I prefer genuine over OEM.
      I am wondering will an international manufacturer actually provide a substandard product specifically for our market because the front wind screen of PKDM civic X is from saint gobain, the rear is from AGC the side windows are from AGI(the local manufacturer).

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Ok i checked my dads 2010 city. Front and all sides are AGC. What is AGC, it is upto Saint gobains repute? Rear is Saint Gobain. Front was replaced 3 odd years back to cannot say what it originally came with.

@Corollarules well could be that local manufactured cannot meet the specs of front and rear screens, while sides they can. I remember in a review it was mentioned the side windows are also thicker in this civic. That should be the same for AGI made glass to meet specs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

One more thing I noticed and will check on it.. on my brand new Golf on first day to work I had a rock chip and it went from small spot to a full blown cracks within few hours. I have glass coverage from insurance so went for replacement. At a local facility for glass replacement I came to know that they don't have genuine but OEM. Both are made by Saint Gobian. I was confused becuase what's the difference. The expert told me both are made by Saint Gobian but the genuine has a VW logo on it.. while the OEM don't. So what's the difference? Saint Gobian also make OEM as well as genuine. There was around diffrence of around $450 between OEM and genuine. I don't know why there was a huge price diffrence because only a logo is not the property which can make these two far a part as far as price..

As my car was with less than 20 miles on it , the insurance agreed to go for Genuine and I didn't pay out of pocket..

I will do some research on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corollarules View Post
      I am wondering will an international manufacturer actually provide a substandard product specifically for our market because the front wind screen of PKDM civic X is from saint gobain, the rear is from AGC the side windows are from AGI(the local manufacturer).

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

The OEM navigation unit also has buttons on the left hand side. The only difference is the volume buttons on the aftermarket on the left. Another observation, if you see the onscreen touch buttons, they are on the right in the aftermarket and on the left in the OEM unit. So, in my view there's not much of a difference in the positioning of the buttons. Plz see below for reference, first pic is OEM and the second is aftermarket. Look at the huge difference in the display of both. OEM's display looks like from the 90s. @biloo

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch -1710989
      10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch -1710990

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Still my post doesn't attack anyone at all. And does sarcasm deserve these points? Reversed after a warning is not the point. But this kind of attitude from those other moderators is disappointing.

Nonetheless its pointless, and clearly the fed up attitude and missing in action attitude of many many members explains what's happening. It's not about criticism about a specific car. Yes beat the drum related to quality issues but what's with this dirt spraying for the heck of it?

If anyone has lab tests or spec sheets for the glass samples share it else go beat it somewhere else. I wish fifa had banned our footballs from Sialkot only because they were made in Pakistan. Why even buy or compare any pkdm for that matter they are all made in Pakistan after all. So people come up with a valid proof, just saying it's not Saint Gobain doesn't do any good. Come up with the tests and post the U and R values of glass here, post its result comparison for AGI and SG including PSI required to shatter it and its decibel levels compared to Thai or US versions, share its density and thickness in comparison.

If AGI was their benchmark for PKDM they would have given last quarter and windscreens in AGI too but they are SG. Side windows are AGI because they must have met the standards and as long as it has been approved, let it be AGI or Jack or Dogar or Harry shouldn't matter.

@fazalwahab11375 have I not discussed and highlighted genuine issues? Its the immature attitude that results in a chain reaction.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      62 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

fellows as a counter argument, all fast car manufacturers opt for lesser thick glass to reduce the weight on the vehicle.

Civic turbo is a fast one too, Honda might have thought about the same logic that porsche or mclaren have.

Still happy that we are manufacturing something in pakistan which can meet international standard.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

One more thing I noticed and will check on it.. on my brand new Golf on first day to work I had a rock chip and it went from small spot to a full blown cracks within few hours. I have glass coverage from insurance so went for replacement. At a local facility for glass replacement I came to know that they don't have genuine but OEM. Both are made by Saint Gobian. I was confused becuase what's the difference. The expert told me both are made by Saint Gobian but the genuine has a VW logo on it.. while the OEM don't. So what's the difference? Saint Gobian also make OEM as well as genuine. There was around diffrence of around $450 between OEM and genuine. I don't know why there was a huge price diffrence because only a logo is not the property which can make these two far a part as far as price..

As my car was with less than 20 miles on it , the insurance agreed to go for Genuine and I didn't pay out of pocket..

I will do some research on it.
      Similar thing in Australia. Aftermarket screens labelled as OEM are cheaper than genuine ones and they do differ in quality/specs I think. I remember accord euro (cl9) owners who replaced their front screens with OEM ones. Auto rain sensing would not work properly on OEM ones. The issue was only resolved when they put in a genuine screen.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
      fellows as a counter argument, all fast car manufacturers opt for lesser thick glass to reduce the weight on the vehicle.

Civic turbo is a fast one too, Honda might have thought about the same logic that porsche or mclaren have.

Still happy that we are manufacturing something in pakistan which can meet international standard.
      On a lighter note, that time isnt far enough when Ahmed Glass Company will have Porsche and McLaren under their valued clients list. lOl

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irfananwar View Post
      On a lighter note, that time isnt far enough when Ahmed Glass Company will have Porsche and McLaren under their valued clients list. lOl
      Lolz..... ssssshhh, sarcasm is against the rules and I hope you don't get infraction points for being sarcastic. even if you think you have the right to express your opinion in your own way on a public forum.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

arggghh... Why do you guys keep fighting all the time. Whenever I visit this thread, it's the same buk buk.

Anyway, has anyone tried adding a turbo to 1.8ltr engine in past. Also, is 1.5ltr turbo kit available in the market so we can try it out on 1.8ltr engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

> https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...41#post5067257

> https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...32#post5126879

I don't know as far as technically you can put a 1.5T specific turbo to 1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
      arggghh... Why do you guys keep fighting all the time. Whenever I visit this thread, it's the same buk buk.

Anyway, has anyone tried adding a turbo to 1.8ltr engine in past. Also, is 1.5ltr turbo kit available in the market so we can try it out on 1.8ltr engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Purple X

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      47 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

shru hu giya shoda pun ... *facepalm*
      Lost in /dev/null

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      212 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Even though I like the new gen, what this guy did was a disgrace. Seriously!!
      Baat karo haq ki, chahay hatt jaye sabki

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yawar538 View Post
      Even though I like the new gen, what this guy did was a disgrace. Seriously!!
      paisa aqal ya tameez dekh kar thori ata hay... bus ajata hay bhai....
      you cant imagine what i saw yesterday in interior sindh...
      i was driving or else i would have taken the picture...

oh the car is on baloch pull

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      31 Post(s)
      Tagged
      2 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post

Some people cant digest when Civic X beast is critcized
      Aunda Fan

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List