842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch

Check the delivery status of your booked Honda vehicle > http://www.honda.com.pk/CarDelivery#/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Thread is dedicated to the discussion/ launch regarding the most anticipated next generation Civic by Honda Atlas [ The Civic X]. Share your thoughts, opinion, expectations, wish list and anything related to the next Civic.

Please NO OFF TOPIC discussion.

Meanwhile all members who booked car and waiting for delivery, please send me a PM if you want to be listed in the Fan/ owners thread here > https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civ...wners-fan-club

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - giphy

Rules for the thread:

#1. Everyone can share his/her opinion.

#2. Word "Everyone" includes anyone, no matter a Civic buyer or NOT.

#3. NO one is allowed to target anyone, directly or Indirect on basis of his comment/s related to the subject matter, or what he owns or drives.
    No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. Personal attacks or name-calling will get you banned. No exception. BLOCK from forum.

#4. If you are buying a Civic or own a Civic; Congrats but this does not means someone cant make a comment about its quality, features or any other matter "Positive or Negative" .

#5. All offensive , non relevant posts, which does not add any value to this thread will be removed without any notice and the poster will be given 15 points infraction.

#6. Repeat offense second time means; you will be blocked not only from this thread but also from this forum.

#7. Commercial selling/ Advertising in any form including sharing URL's / social media links is strictly prohibited.

Moderators are not Employees of Pakwheels. They are regular members of this forum with extra privileges. The opinions expressed by moderators are not necessarily those of Pakwheels.

Similar Threads:
      Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Well my chacho persuaded my dad to go for civic. So probably I would get civic oriel lease paper signed by him, if bank provided the papers this week. I was also considering the base model though. But the bank package look good for oriel so far. I would go for without nav and leather. I might add aftermarket nav after a year or so. Also bank told me we will deliver you within 3 months. As sialkot Honda falcon has ample supply. Can someone confirm me anything about sialkot? Coz I don't live there, visit sialkot only during eid and lahore one is giving it after 5 months.
      Let see ab subha tak abu Ka mind dobara na change hojaye 😂

Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app
      !!!!! Corolla is Not A ROLLA its a Pleasure !!!!!

CoRoLLa RoCkS

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Another one. Recently delivery . The owner didn't see these until I asked him to check.

for more clarity click and zoom > http://imgur.com/a/np4m6

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - gmTTweD

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - wnDf9KV

10th Generation Civic Exclusive Pakistan Launch - fFAGZz0

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      406 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post

That's really pathetic. It is strange that people would see a 20 rupees sitta dozen times and argue with the cart vendor over its freshness and softness, but would buy a car worth 3 million rupees without making any noise, even without seeing it. That encourages local assemblers to take the consumers to ride.
      Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
      That's really pathetic. It is strange that people would see a 20 rupees sitta dozen times and argue with the cart vendor over its freshness and softness, but would buy a car worth 3 million rupees without making any noise, even without seeing it. That encourages local assemblers to take the consumers to ride.
      Dont forget.....book it without even looking at a sample......lol

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

I spoke to the owner of this car in length and its disappointing.

We just had discussion about the quality of the windshield glass on this thread a little while ago. I agree and I am sure the glass meets the international standard for clarity and insulation. But I wonder where is the standard pertaining to these quality issues. How come Honda Atlas put a QC Check sticker even on these visible defects. OK the dashboards are supplied by a vendor but Atlas is responsible for end product.

I recommend all owners with these issues to take pictures, send a letter along with it to their dealer and Honda Atlas and ask for rectification at NO COST with courtesy rental car till the time their car is not fixed.. no matter they have to put a new dashboard.

Please don't compromise by saying " half glass full".. You paid for full glass..

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Another one. Recently delivery . The owner didn't see these until I asked him to check.

for more clarity click and zoom > http://imgur.com/a/np4m6

These issues are in every car..I wonder if plastics panels are made intentionally like that. I wonder what will happen to these plastic structures in June sunlight. Sigh. All I wish is that mine doesn't have these issues specially the centre console fitting. That would make crackling sound in few weeks.

Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app
      !!!!! Corolla is Not A ROLLA its a Pleasure !!!!!

CoRoLLa RoCkS

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by roony View Post
      Ok i checked my dads 2010 city. Front and all sides are AGC. What is AGC, it is upto Saint gobains repute? Rear is Saint Gobain. Front was replaced 3 odd years back to cannot say what it originally came with.

@Corollarules well could be that local manufactured cannot meet the specs of front and rear screens, while sides they can. I remember in a review it was mentioned the side windows are also thicker in this civic. That should be the same for AGI made glass to meet specs.
      Our 2015 city has front agc( agc is also a European company along with Saint gobain and 2 others are the major glass suppliers) rear is Saint Gobain while all the side windows are AGI.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

One more thing I noticed and will check on it.. on my brand new Golf on first day to work I had a rock chip and it went from small spot to a full blown cracks within few hours. I have glass coverage from insurance so went for replacement. At a local facility for glass replacement I came to know that they don't have genuine but OEM. Both are made by Saint Gobian. I was confused becuase what's the difference. The expert told me both are made by Saint Gobian but the genuine has a VW logo on it.. while the OEM don't. So what's the difference? Saint Gobian also make OEM as well as genuine. There was around diffrence of around $450 between OEM and genuine. I don't know why there was a huge price diffrence because only a logo is not the property which can make these two far a part as far as price..

As my car was with less than 20 miles on it , the insurance agreed to go for Genuine and I didn't pay out of pocket..

I will do some research on it.
      Simply because of extra taxes on brand names.

I didn't had to tell before until now, since 2004 i was importing replacement body parts e.g. hoods, door skins, fenders, boot lids & few other things among bumpers from Thailand for some specific Honda & Toyota dealers only. We call those parts "Teen & Plastic" in our term.

There are two types of parts available, OEM & ODM. The first price difference is there just because of that, OEM follows it's own specifications and ODM follows other companies specifications, same company producing same part but different specifications.

Now second price difference is because of different customs, import duties & taxes for one same part, if your part or it's box/packing holds a brand logo you will have to pay almost double custom duty & tax than the same part without the logo and in a simple packing.

Here, almost all 3s dealers have their hidden workshops for body work where they do most of the repairing specially for insurance companies or just by saying you that they are out of space in their 3s workshop & now they are moving your car to their second workshop, as you all know 3s dealers are bound to purchase all replacement parts from the parent company which are called genuine(ODM) and expensive than market parts called OEM.

Now here comes me(for example)! I import most replaced cheap logo-less body parts for them which they sell at company invoice price, at this point everyone is happy, client is happy, insurance company is happy, 3s dealer is happy & i am happy.

Please pardon me if it doesn't make any sense because i don't know what i'm talking about...?

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Corollarules View Post
      Our 2015 city has front agc( agc is also a European company along with Saint gobain and 2 others are the major glass suppliers) rear is Saint Gobain while all the side windows are AGI.
      I see, thanks. Our city has had bad luck with the rear screen. Got it replaced just as the warranty was about to expire as the rear defroster on the screen didnt work. Always instructed to the family not to let anyone clean it from inside. The replacement also a few rows stopped working after a year of replacement.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      225 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mian_jee View Post
      Simply because of extra taxes on brand names.

I didn't had to tell before until now, since 2004 i was importing replacement body parts e.g. hoods, door skins, fenders, boot lids & few other things among bumpers from Thailand for some specific Honda & Toyota dealers only. We call those parts "Teen & Plastic" in our term.

There are two types of parts available, OEM & ODM. The first price difference is there just because of that, OEM follows it's own specifications and ODM follows other companies specifications, same company producing same part but different specifications.

Now second price difference is because of different customs, import duties & taxes for one same part, if your part or it's box/packing holds a brand logo you will have to pay almost double custom duty & tax than the same part without the logo and in a simple packing.

Here, almost all 3s dealers have their hidden workshops for body work where they do most of the repairing specially for insurance companies or just by saying you that they are out of space in their 3s workshop & now they are moving your car to their second workshop, as you all know 3s dealers are bound to purchase all replacement parts from the parent company which are called genuine(ODM) and expensive than market parts called OEM.

Now here comes me(for example)! I import most replaced cheap logo-less body parts for them which they sell at company invoice price, at this point everyone is happy, client is happy, insurance company is happy, 3s dealer is happy & i am happy.

Please pardon me if it doesn't make any sense because i don't know what i'm talking about...?
      Yar har chez me yehi malpractice chal rahe hai. Bike me customer demands honda parts. Dukhan dar wants China maal with Honda logo and daba and supplier wants some profit.
      Unethical Business going everywhere

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
      Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

One more thing I noticed and will check on it.. on my brand new Golf on first day to work I had a rock chip and it went from small spot to a full blown cracks within few hours. I have glass coverage from insurance so went for replacement. At a local facility for glass replacement I came to know that they don't have genuine but OEM. Both are made by Saint Gobian. I was confused becuase what's the difference. The expert told me both are made by Saint Gobian but the genuine has a VW logo on it.. while the OEM don't. So what's the difference? Saint Gobian also make OEM as well as genuine. There was around diffrence of around $450 between OEM and genuine. I don't know why there was a huge price diffrence because only a logo is not the property which can make these two far a part as far as price..

As my car was with less than 20 miles on it , the insurance agreed to go for Genuine and I didn't pay out of pocket..

I will do some research on it.
      PKDM civics and city's windscreens all have Honda logo on them so we can say they are genuine.
      I did a little search on the Internet for the difference between OEM VS Genuine and all state that the only difference is the logo. The extra money isaving for logo and that is why in US a manufacturer can not void warranty if OEM parts are used.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mian_jee View Post

Just to clarify what you said, replacement parts that are used at 3s dealers for any repairs/replacements, they use OEM parts without logos?

Say for eg, a new car has all ODM (genuine) parts. A headlight breaks and insurance will cover it at the 3s dealership. They use an OEM light to replace it with (that does not have a stamp/logo imprint)?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      842 Post(s)
      Tagged
      23 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Yes.. But they want those parts replaced at authorized dealers network to claim for any future warranty claims.. They don't entertain warranty if even genuine parts are replaced by anyone other then dealer..

PKDM civics and city's windscreens all have Honda logo on them so we can say they are genuine.
      I did a little search on the Internet for the difference between OEM VS Genuine and all state that the only difference is the logo. The extra money isaving for logo and that is why in US a manufacturer can not void warranty if OEM parts are used.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

However OEM can differ in quality I believe. As I mentioned earlier, people who replaced the front screen with OEM for the accord euro had issues with auto rain sensor, which was resolved by using a genuine screen.

Also if anyone remembers the 7th gen (first local assembled) corolla rear tail lights. The indicator part was a proper orange color. Later repalcement OEM lights that came for it was a disgusting yellowish color. So I guess certain differences can be there.

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

duplicate

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

However OEM can differ in quality I believe. As I mentioned earlier, people who replaced the front screen with OEM for the accord euro had issues with auto rain sensor, which was resolved by using a genuine screen.

Also if anyone remembers the 7th gen (first local assembled) corolla rear tail lights. The indicator part was a proper orange color. Later repalcement OEM lights that came for it was a disgusting yellowish color. So I guess certain differences can be there.
      Both the terms ODM and OEM are related to the manufacturing industry. ODM stands for Original Design Manufacturing, and OEM refers to Original Equipment Manufacturing. It is quite confusing to see the difference between the two, as they are very similar.

OEM refers to a company or a firm that is responsible for designing and building a product according to its own specifications, and then selling the product to another company or firm, which is responsible for its distribution. The one company produces products on behalf of another company, after which the purchasing company markets the product under its own brand name.

An ODM company or firm, on the other hand, is responsible for designing and building a product as per another company’s specifications.

So then, OEM companies design products as per their own specifications, whereas ODM companies design products as per other company’s specifications.
      This is be best explanation I could find about OEM VS ODM. This does clear up the query but it then differs from the explanation provided about OEM elsewhere

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Yes.. But they want those parts replaced at authorized dealers network to claim for any future warranty claims.. They don't entertain warranty if even genuine parts are replaced by anyone other then dealer..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      Does warrant in the US cover everything like plastics ,rubbers etc?

Dealers here always say that plastics and rubbers are not covered under warranty. Again an eg, my dads city the rear emblems rusted for some reason and they said it wasnt covered under warranty (no cheap soap or surf excel was ever used etc etc on it). However my cousin who worked for atlas at the time said it should and because of him got it replaced under warranty. It is a habit by dealers to just deny anything. (and they rusted yet again the replacements, along with the rear chrome strip)

Even when I went to claim the rear screen under warranty they initially said it cannot be done without the warranty book. Yes they set such a rule which I find ridiculous given that they have everything on their systems, why should it be denied such because a book is not there. A customer has to go through so many hurdles to get things done. But my cousin again saved the day.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      147 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

In Civic X front is Saint Gobain, Rear is AGC, rear fixed quarters are Saint Gobain and the windows are AGI

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      52 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Does warrant in the US cover everything like plastics ,rubbers etc?

Dealers here always say that plastics and rubbers are not covered under warranty. Again an eg, my dads city the rear emblems rusted for some reason and they said it wasnt covered under warranty (no cheap soap or surf excel was ever used etc etc on it). However my cousin who worked for atlas at the time said it should and because of him got it replaced under warranty. It is a habit by dealers to just deny anything. (and they rusted yet again the replacements, along with the rear chrome strip)

Even when I went to claim the rear screen under warranty they initially said it cannot be done without the warranty book. Yes they set such a rule which I find ridiculous given that they have everything on their systems, why should it be denied such because a book is not there. A customer has to go through so many hurdles to get things done. But my cousin again saved the day.
      It may be because of some drain nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
      In Civic X front is Saint Gobain, Rear is AGC, rear fixed quarters are Saint Gobain and the windows are AGI
      All this debate has given me an idea, since you have both 8th gen and 10th gen, if you have time and are willing,you can install the decibel meter on your your phone and drive in both the cars on same route and can give maximum readings of both the cabins.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List